Voice Acting

Shadow1818

Seems a bit sketchy to me. Looks to be written by a kid, honestly.

I thought about using a voice changing program to do all of my voice acting.  That way I wouldn't be dependent on an outside source.  I would feel very funny asking someone to speak some of the lines that I would like to use.

If you can find some good software, it would be the best route. Trying to find voice actors that use the right inflections, etc, might be tough. Especially with the more... sensitive content. Just try not to over-do any of the <opposite gender> stuff. Nothing kills a good scene like unlikely commentary. :P

I've tried voxal voice changer or so for my roleplay playthrough of skyrim and it can work good, but only for one type of voice and also depending on your original voice. It sounded phony for any but one voice I tried to create.

Getting mods voice acted would be amazing. There are probably a lot of people out there who would love the opportunity, but only a fraction of those have the equipment to sound crips enough to put on a game. There are amateur voice actors on youtube/tumblr, but like most things you kind of dont just find free voice acting. I'd donate for mods with great quest line (has to already be finished) to be post voice acted. That might be the best approach. No one would support a mod thats not already delivered good potential to be voice acted i think.

Another problem is the voice acted protagonist. There are ways around it. Many games just leave out protagonist side of conversation dialogues and it never truly hurt. But oh well oh well. Gotta see where fallout 4 modding goes. Hopefully once things have progressed a bit further people are going to pick up projects, because the potential is immense. 

Archived