Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SSE Criticism Thread Reloaded

rules apply go figure

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

TamaChan

TamaChan

Always making new friends.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

I knew there were people on the old thread that were getting out of hand. But to have to start a new thread? I wasn't seeing anything too inflammatory once I put some key members on Ignore. Must have been pretty bad. And after reading what DoctaSax posted about autism memes? That actually made me laugh. Hard. I have high-functioning autism (Asperger's syndrome) and personally I'm not that offended by the fact it happened. But it does reflect how willfully ignorant people are; you're on the Internet, it's not that hard to look up a few quick facts about the realities.

My main criticism is the same: it's just Oldrim with a new engine. Bethesda could have taken the time to address the complaints or incorporate features similar to the most popular mods (SkyUI, More Interesting NPCs, ELFX, etc.). Instead it's the same game with a "texture upgrade" that is still inferior to even Oldrim mods. I got my copy for free, and it's exactly what I expected it to be, so I'm not too upset about it. I just feel that people who are willing to buy it for $50+ are giving Bethesda more encouragement to release half-finished, uninspired games and rely on their fading reputation for past successes. Without real competition for open-world, sandbox-style RPGs that are easily modded, they're getting lazy and arrogant. SSE is the best example of this attitude.

OTOH it did inspire me to finally go back to school to study video game design and programming. Simply because I want to do something about this downward curve in games. With things like Kickstarter and Patreon it's easier than ever for independents to get their games out there and compete with major brands like Zenimax/BGS.

Seriously this. I have been saying from the beginning that sse, I kinda expected to be pretty shit. I am really just not wanting beth to turn into a pile of shit. Since elder scroll's main competition, fallout, is made by the same fucking company, the only way to make sure their "monopoly" doesn't end up getting away with whatever they want is for consumers to hold them accountable for bad practices.

Shiratama

Shiratama

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Seriously this. I have been saying from the beginning that sse, I kinda expected to be pretty shit. I am really just not wanting beth to turn into a pile of shit. Since elder scroll's main competition, fallout, is made by the same fucking company, the only way to make sure their "monopoly" doesn't end up getting away with whatever they want is for consumers to hold them accountable for bad practices.

Speaking of bad practices, what do you think about the new "featured mods support" they shoved in the latest beta? This screams "curated mod list" to me, and coupled with their attempts to shame modders who don't upload to Beth.net (not to mention the CK is only available there) really makes me think that their long-term goal is to outright control modding.

I may just be paranoid mind you, but my distrust for the game industry as a whole tends to be justified most of the time, which is rather sad.

TamaChan

TamaChan

Always making new friends.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Speaking of bad practices, what do you think about the new "featured mods support" they shoved in the latest beta? This screams "curated mod list" to me, and coupled with their attempts to shame modders who don't upload to Beth.net (not to mention the CK is only available there) really makes me think that their long-term goal is to outright control modding.

I may just be paranoid mind you, but my distrust for the game industry as a whole tends to be justified most of the time, which is rather sad.

I actually had the same premonition, but I also just assumed I was being being paranoid.

yatol

yatol

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts

Its all about properly optimizing your game, and setting everything correctly.

nobody can do that

some messing around in markarth

Spoiler

Andy14

Andy14

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

nobody can do that

Spoiler

Can I give advice? 
Your answers are often correct - and often misunderstood. ;)
Less pictures and a little more explanation may be helpful, especially if the help-seeking is not an expert. Because if he was an expert, he would not need any help.

Your screens are thoughts, perhaps there is the possibility that others can not follow your thoughts.
Just as a hint. ;)

Dagren

Dagren

So fluffy

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts

nobody can do that

Spoiler

Can I give advice? 
Your answers are often correct - and often misunderstood. ;)
Less pictures and a little more explanation may be helpful, especially if the help-seeking is not an expert. Because if he was an expert, he would not need any help.

Your screens are thoughts, perhaps there is the possibility that others can not follow your thoughts.
Just as a hint. ;)

I kinda don't get what do you want to achieve or show with these screens. Every city in Skyrim is set in its own *small world* hence why it bugs out outside the city walls. Because you are not supposed to be there, its small to be optimized for performance.

your are my hero

lol i ahve search where the problem and it hdt config from minou's when i change dll fille and ini with the original one

it work now without issuuu thank you

if possible your enb and texture is wowwwwwwwwwww

My own texture mix and ENB is based on the Rampage ENB with ELFX, of course tweaked a bit.

chevalierx

chevalierx

Void

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

i think you will share with me lol

i think  skse will be limited like enb

and if am right all new effects with large texture and others new effect with enb will reduce fps

yatol

yatol

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts

Every city in Skyrim is set in its own *small world* hence why it bugs out outside the city walls

16121011481974575.jpg

and 02063331 is..........

161210114809325256.jpg

a tree add by unof patch to solitude world

do you see solitude near that tree? it's markarth worldspace

persistent stuff is... persistent

dinomagick

dinomagick

Vampess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

I dont care, nor do I have an Opinion about Bethesda... I like Skyrim(old) and I like SSE.
I am favoring SSE as more and more mods come out because it does take advantage of my hardware better and I have noticed some good, and bad things that were left lingering...

Pluses for SSE:
1.  Loads faster.

2.  Transitions between outside and inside with 72 Mods running already with SSE.

3.  Some of the mods that USED to need SKSE, don't anymore.

Immersive Patrols doesn't kill the FPS or slow the game anymore.

4.   (FREE) for those that had the Legendary version of Skyrim or had previously bought all the DLCs.

5,   It looks like there is the potential for more global modifications to the game through new engine.  I.E.  Player 'bases', like the settlements in FO4.

6.   Stability... I ran a comparison between mods on Skyrim(old) and SSE, by loading a fresh copy of Skyrim(old) and building the same exact mods I could with SSE, even those that    use SKSE in Skyrim(old).  Difference in performance was dramatically in favor of SSE.

Minuses:

No SKYUI!  (other than the SkyUi2.2 reworked without skse).  Standard UI is so clunky and just bad.

No MCM (at the moment, looks like most Mod Authors that had been using MCMs, now create Spell/Shout interfaces, like Pipboy Holotapes in FO4)

Almost like the new way of delivering Mod UIs this way, but we'll see.

No SKSE (for use with many other mods).

Texture and blatantly poor mesh designs still prevail and are exacerbated to absurdity.  (Why put 64bit engine and still creep along with bad mesh/texture design?)

Without modding the textures, in either version, to be honest, makes it less enjoyable.

Time will tell as more mods are converted or migrated to SSE.   Basically the engine is more stable and can grab a larger chunk of memory, so I don't see the memory issues that Skyrim(old) had when it hit 3gig affecting SSE the same.

I enjoy playing Skyrim, Fallout 4 and don't give a rats ass about Bethesda nor any opinions FOR or Against them.  

27X

27X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

It is quite handily fucking your saves' instancing tables as we speak though.

Bad Mods.

Bad Mods never change.

Shiratama

Shiratama

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

It is quite handily fucking your saves' instancing tables as we speak though.

Bad Mods.

Bad Mods never change.

Please elaborate.

quin666

quin666

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts
Spoiler

Can't take this game seriously. One big cash grab joke.

kmaaier

kmaaier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Well my critic is actually the long nose Bethesda make to their clients/customers. For me it looks like a very arrogant company.

I can understand when you develop a game there are mistakes, bugs or something like that. Okay then you patch it. I also can understand when you rewrite the game you don't add things.

But if you rewrite the game you should think you don't rewrite the mistakes or the bugs. It seems to be a one on one rewritten copy to this special edition, we needed again to clean the dawnguard dragonborn heartfires and update.esm. Again it was advice able to use USSEP, because of the "mistakes" of bethesda.

And in my opinion if you rewrite the game you look to the community of users. Look to what they done to make things better without adding things. For example the better textures for clutter or snow. These are often even better in the original skyrim then in the vanilla skyrim se.

For me it is a big "shame on you Bethesda", very incapable to provide a quality game.

Shame on me because I like this game so very much.

yatol

yatol

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts

here's something to check for the ones that have sse

Spoiler

it's in the same state in skyrim bsa (and there's no replacer in ipdate bsa)

the nif optimisation warning of smco is because of those nifs

how does the one from sse bsa look like?

what about that?

Spoiler

and for the ones that unzip bsa

Spoiler

ralfetas

ralfetas

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Bethesda.net modding is a bad joke.

I could imagine something terrible, but that is too much.

Start from the fact that you need a ESP, even if is just a texture replacer, them you cannot even have options for that mod.

Really, bethesda dev's should live in a bubble without even knowing that nexus, loverslab, modmanager and all that stuff exists.

Ernest Lemmingway

Ernest Lemmingway

Rodents Scholar

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Bethesda trying to control modding? Nah, that's just paranoia. /sarcasm

If they do go that route, and it really does seem like they're trying to, if only to charge real money for downloading mods, that will be financial suicide. There will undoubtedly be sheeple who cave in to it. But as long as sites like LL and others are around, they can't do it without completely rewriting their EULA to grant them exclusive rights to mod distribution. And that would kill Bethesda-game modding, destroy the company's reputation and the reputations of their employees (not just H and H), and likely spell the end of Bethesda as an owned body and soul bitchsubsidiary of Zenimax.

Looking at the evidence, though, they very well might do these things and destroy themselves. BethNet, quasi-curated modding, their past attempt at paid mod downloads, they clearly don't get what the modding community is about. It wouldn't be the first time the ignorant fools in charge of a company ran it into the ground by being completely detached from their customer base.

RUD3DUD3

RUD3DUD3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Bethesda trying to control modding? Nah, that's just paranoia. /sarcasm

If they do go that route, and it really does seem like they're trying to, if only to charge real money for downloading mods, that will be financial suicide. There will undoubtedly be sheeple who cave in to it. But as long as sites like LL and others are around, they can't do it without completely rewriting their EULA to grant them exclusive rights to mod distribution. And that would kill Bethesda-game modding, destroy the company's reputation and the reputations of their employees (not just H and H), and likely spell the end of Bethesda as an owned body and soul bitchsubsidiary of Zenimax.

Looking at the evidence, though, they very well might do these things and destroy themselves. BethNet, quasi-curated modding, their past attempt at paid mod downloads, they clearly don't get what the modding community is about. It wouldn't be the first time the ignorant fools in charge of a company ran it into the ground by being completely detached from their customer base.

their paid mod scheme failed because they brought it on PC on a platform where it was free always, now they have learned its impossible to go that route so they brought those brain washed kids to the modding scene where modding is uncharted territory for them and this is something they will gladly throw their money on. those brain washed kids buys anything these days look at destiny's micro transaction success and GTA Online micro transactions basically success of micro transactions on those consoles, bethesda knows this thats why they brought console modding into the scene. they also made it clear before that they will bring paid mods again in better organised way hence the entry of bethesda.net. they won't be bringing paid mods now on fallout 4 and SSE they want to build more hype on those consoles first but next game surely paid mods are on their cards.

D_ManXX2

D_ManXX2

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,237 posts

I have seen allot of topic mentioning about mods builded for skyrim SSE but the only mods i seen where mods already created on the old skyrim. so these mods where already build.. only require effort was making it compatible with skyrim SSE(convertion). That is not a new mod.

Btw if these mods where never build there would have been far less mods for skyrim SSE.

windpl

windpl

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

I think that SSE will need something around 3 years to replace original, but considering that we have F4 (and it is awful) I don't see it happening. Most effort will be placed there, considering SSE dose not offer any novelty any more. Honestly, skse team puts more effort in to game than beth programmers.

Kn1ght95

Kn1ght95

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

I don't know if this is just me but i find Skyrim SE more stable then regular skyrim. I havnt had a single crash yet and have been running at a smooth 60fps with quite a bit of mods and if i use the same mods on my original skyrim, i crash almost every 10 mins or so depending. Only thing dissapointing is the awesome mods that are son regular skyrim and SSE doesnt have.