File Name: Maids II: Deception
File Submitter: Enter_77
File Submitted: 04 Dec 2016
File Category: Regular ModsRegular Edition Compatible : No
Original | Special Edition
Main Package Download
Due to the size of Maids II: Deception (2GB+), it must be downloaded from one of the sites below. Packages uploaded here on LL are supplementary.Mod Sites
The "Main Package" folder contains the mod split into multiple 100MB .7z part files. View the "_Readme - How to combine 7z part files" in the parent folder for instructions.
Available on this file's downloads. Help seed by combining all parts of the regular M2 download and renaming the single .7z archive as "Maids II - Deception SE"
________________________________Maids II: Deception (M2) is a sequel to Maids I: Euphoria for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Originally intended to be a simple mod that would add a single maid to a player house for dress-up, the series has evolved to feature a questline. M2 aims to expand upon where M1 left off, this time with an emphasis on story.
Quest Start: The quest should be added to the Miscellaneous section of the quest journal upon loading the game with SMSkyrim.esp activated. The quest will instruct you to travel to the town of Jonestead.
The Story So FarDuring the Oblivion Crisis, an organization of mages and alchemists known as Project Purity sought to rule Tamriel by first enslaving its women through the use of a corrupted Hist tree's sap that, when ingested, provoked an insatiable frenzy that made female victims vulnerable to submission. At the request of two maids who were cursed with the sap's effects, the Champion of Cyrodiil put a stop to Purity's plans and saved the women held captive in the palace of the Argonian warlord Desann.
The descendants of the two maids - the Pinder family - would face persecution by a resurgent Purity as retaliation for their defeat. Over time, this rivalry escalated to the point where in order to survive, the family had to form a clandestine group of mercenaries whose only purpose was to put an end to Purity once and for all.
200 years later, only two family members remain in a small underground town in Skyrim. The reasons for how and why the rivalry started have long been forgotten by both sides of the conflict. Yet the mercenary group founded by the family remains strong and has undergone drastic transformations. Now composed entirely of female warriors and assassins that rival the Dark Brotherhood in terms of secrecy and skill, the conflict has reached a standstill with both sides waiting for the other to resurface for one last showdown. With the province under siege by dragons and the civil war, Purity is bound to use this distraction as an advantage and unleash their final plan to eradicate the Pinder family and reveal their most devastating weapon yet, all in the name of saving the world from the enigmatic woman known as Matari.
- 17 main quests with several offshoot side quests
- A large underground complex with several connecting dungeons
- A new land called Sky's Divide, a tropical dwarven fortress island that becomes accessible from the final quest onwards
- A new dungeon tileset based on the Dwemer ruins of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- 114 interior cells, 16 worldspaces
- 1 new home and another - a ship - that can be obtainable depending on the Dragonborn's actions
- Approximately 13,000 lines of dialogue with branching paths
- 79 voice actors voicing 116 characters
- A maid management system that expands alongside the main questline and allows players to hire up to 98 maids, have them serve as followers, and depart on missions to temporarily increase player stats while in a city or retrieve a specific type of supplies
- A companion with an optional friendship and romance system
- An optional brothel with a dynamic economic system
- New items, including those from other TES games
- Optional enemy patrols in the Skyrim wilderness depending on the player's place in the main questline
EpisodesM2 was originally released in episodic format from 2012 - 2016 for the original The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Each episode advanced the main questline while also adding some post-quest reward bonuses. Below were the release dates for each episode.
________________________________M2 is a script-intensive mod with 2,071 scripts. It's highly recommended that M2 is started on a new, clean save (new character/game) with as few script-intensive mods activated as possible. It's suggested that this save be kept aside for M2 updates.
If playing on an existing save, it's important to make a backup of the save prior to installing and activating M2. If M2 is ever deactivated and uninstalled, script data will be left over in the save which may affect the stability of the save and other mods that add scripts (such as quest mods). This problem is due to Skyrim's scripting and save system which causes scripts from uninstalled mods to "stick" to a save long after it has been uninstalled.
The following issues encountered in M2 are signs that a save game may be experiencing the negative effects of this left over data:
- Quest advancement issues
- Scene/NPC-to-NPC conversation stalls (NPCs will appear with the "This person is busy." message when activated and their conversations will never progress)
- Crashes to Desktop (CTDs) or frozen loading screens
Please read the FAQs for additional suggestions on what to do when problems are encountered.
Requirements & Recommendations
These are only required for certain installations and optional features.
- Fores New Idles in Skyrim (FNIS)
* Installing - custom animations will be added for certain characters.
* Not Installing - characters will stand in place when these animations are requested.
* IMPORTANT - remember to run GenerateFNISforUsers.exe after M2 has been installed so that the new animations will function. Read the FNIS readme for detailed instructions.
These are suggested optional utilities and mods that only serve to enhance features.
- Dimonized UNP Body
* While any body type, including vanilla, is compatible with M2, most of the added clothing and armors were only designed for UNP by their original creators. Seams may show for non-UNP body types.
- Make a backup save before starting the game with M2 activated. This is a precaution that should always be done before beginning any quest mod.
- Install any semi-required and recommended mods that are intended to be used before starting the game with M2 activated. If previously installed, ensure that they are fully updated.
Various mod patches for M2 are available for download on the following sites.
The following mods have been confirmed to be incompatible with M2.
- Any follower management mod that affects M2 NPCs may cause unexpected quest issues. Avoid using to follower management mod for maids in M2.
YELLOW --- moderate incompatibility; usually aesthetic. New locations overlap each other, but quest progress can continue. Console commands such as ToggleCollision (tcl) may need to be used.
RED --- major incompatibility; M2 is rendered unplayable.
________________________________Crashes to Desktop (CTDs)
Credits, Thanks, Disclaimers
Credits and permissions are listed in the main package readme.