Make An Example Of You (Mod Request)

Alright, so you know how when you unsuccessfully sneak into the Inner Sanctum of the Temple of Dibella, Mother Hamal scolds you, and then tells you to find their new Sybil? You notice how she said that normally the punishment for breaching the inner sanctum is "a period of servitude"?

What I want is a mod that makes THAT a choice.

Mother Hamal tells you to find their Sybil, and you either have to find the kid, or kill them all like a butt. However, there should be a third choice:

"Ugh, I can't stand kids. I'd rather be a servant."

So, Hamal agrees to that... and then makes you fetch the Sybil anyway. After you bring the weird kid to be combed for glorified prostitution, you get your reward, and go back to Hamal.

"Alright, I got the kid. Now, if you'll excuse me..."

She gives you a "Not so fast", and then collars you. Thus officially begins your period of servitude. (Much to your chagrin, as you thought finding the Sybil would exempt you from that.)

Unlike slavery with bandits, servitude with the priestesses isn't as cruel. They don't verbally abuse you, they give you regular meals, and you even have a place to sleep.

If you have mods that add more personal needs (i.e.: Private Needs, Seeing Yellow), one of the priestesses will parade you naked and chained through Markarth to the latrines.

Although, if you get dirty, maybe they'll hand-wash you. (Part of their Dibellan practice of intimacy.)

The point of this whole thing, obviously, is for them to use you as practice for their Dibellan Arts.

Sisterhood of Dibella?

Or maybe a slave version of SoD?

I couldn't find Sisterhood of Dibella, so I'm not sure what it's like, but I'm going to assume... light slave version of it.

Like I said, it won't be EXACTLY like slavery, since they'll feed you regularly, keep you clean, give you a clean place to sleep, and take you to the latrines when you need it.

Also, I want them to carry around rocket launchers, but we'll save that for another mod.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeeeaaah, no. None of this helps. lol

I know about SoD, and it isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

I know it looks fun, that's why I requested it, but I appreciate the complements.

If somebody is thinking of picking this up, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know. Also, I'd like to see the script along the way so I can endlessly harp over grammar, capitalization, punctuation, spelling, etc.

I second this request. What fun. Also, how about the sisters allowing visitors to the temple to use the player? The Jarl, Nepos the Nose, the entire Silverblood clan, etc., show up at intervals to ask the priestesses what kind of R&R they can provide. "Ah, yes; here's our latest addition. She's yours for two hours for a mere two hundred septims." You're not just a slave, you're also a temple prostitute.

I second this request. What fun. Also, how about the sisters allowing visitors to the temple to use the player? The Jarl, Nepos the Nose, the entire Silverblood clan, etc., show up at intervals to ask the priestesses what kind of R&R they can provide. "Ah, yes; here's our latest addition. She's yours for two hours for a mere two hundred septims." You're not just a slave, you're also a temple prostitute.

Although, that idea isn't exactly appealing to a lesbian like myself. If that HAS to be a choice, then there should be a choice to disable it in the mod manager.

Although, that idea isn't exactly appealing to a lesbian like myself. If that HAS to be a choice, then there should be a choice to disable it in the mod manager.

Or in dialogue, like the "Plaything of the Orcs" thing in SL Solutions. Choose to service exclusively female, exclusively male, or anyone. Or have it conform to SL sexuality.

Could also have the whole temple prostitution angle be a choice, given in exchange for a shorter period of servitude or other rewards.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Holy smokes! STILL no takers?!

What? Did you expect that just because you had an idea and a couple other people liked it that someone would just fulfill your fantasy?

There have been lots of much better ideas that never got attention than just yours.

• 2 weeks later...

What? Did you expect that just because you had an idea and a couple other people liked it that someone would just fulfill your fantasy?

There have been lots of much better ideas that never got attention than just yours.

I don't like that attitude of yours. "Much better ideas". I get my idea isn't the best, you don't have to be an ass about it. I was hoping that it was simple enough that somebody would take it up to do in their free time or whatever.

I don't like that attitude of yours. "Much better ideas". I get my idea isn't the best, you don't have to be an ass about it. I was hoping that it was simple enough that somebody would take it up to do in their free time or whatever.

I think you're probably greatly underestimating how much work this sort of thing is. It's relatively easy to change the dialogue a bit and maybe have some devious devices thrown on, but adding a whole slavery state with special events like getting walked through town is a lot harder.

To reiterate xj47's proposition: if what you want are code-controlled specific events have a look at SD+ or XPO. Iteration after iteration, revision after revision to make those kinds of things work alongside the myriad of mod set-ups in popular use, not to mention updates and revisions. If you want the game(code) to prevent you from "cheating" your way out of the situation, at present that means (most likely) integration with the DD suite and a hard dependency. And then, given your description, you will need some custom animations that, afaik, don't exist (sisters bathing you etc) not to mention altering the temple interiors or getting permission to use someone else's alterations. Oh, and dialogs, and revised AI for the priestesses.

There is probably more to it than that. That's just stuff that I've picked up from reading forums - I can't code, have never used the CK, or anything like that.

So, to return to WaxenFigure's post (and I would like to say that WaxenFigure is one of the most unfailingly and patiently helpful people around - not to belittle any of the corps of others like) you shouldn't be surprised that no one has stepped forward and volunteered to create a mod to match your idea. The real surprise would have been if someone had.

it would only change a very small corner of the game, and the more closely the mod matched your description the less open it would be to the nuances that other people would prefer to make it the mod of their dreams - ie fewer people actually using and enjoying it. Not to mention that as soon as it was released the author would be deluged with requests for additions and changes etc.

Hope that didn't sound too cranky and maybe helps to explain a bit.

Rather than pile on I'll say I understand your hope that what you wanted would be simple to accomplish, as you can already tell though the others here have made it clear that it is not so simple. If you wish to learn to make your own mods, do feel free to ask for help because we will be here to help you. If you do not have the desire to learn that's ok too, not everyone has the mindset to allow them to do that kind of work.

• 1 month later...

Rather than pile on I'll say I understand your hope that what you wanted would be simple to accomplish, as you can already tell though the others here have made it clear that it is not so simple. If you wish to learn to make your own mods, do feel free to ask for help because we will be here to help you. If you do not have the desire to learn that's ok too, not everyone has the mindset to allow them to do that kind of work.

Actually... I would LOVE to learn how to mod...

Actually... I would LOVE to learn how to mod...

Do you have the Creation Kit (CK) for Skyrim yet? That's the first step. Rest assured, we are willing to help you get started and we love it when someone takes their ideas and turns them into a mod.

A modest but useful starting point is http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Main_Page is has some simplistic but useful tutorials which will help you get started with some basics. Some of what you'll need will require scripting in the Papyrus language, if you have programmed before then that shouldn't be too hard to learn and some of the best experts you'll ever find are here at Lovers Lab and willing to help anyone who wants to learn.

Another essential tool you should have is TESVEDIT also known as TES5EDIT and xEDIT since it's the same editor used for Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Fallout 4, Oblivion and Skyrim.

Don't hesitate to use the CK and TESVEDIT to examine any mods and by all means try altering them to do something you'd like to see added, it's good practice and a good way to learn.

Archived