Looking for advice or suggestions - Body resizing mods

ChaosZen

I have been playing Skyrim with mods for a few months now, but have yet to see any body reshaping mods actually working. I have been trying different combinations of body shapes and skeletons, but can't seem to pin down whichever are causing the issues. Instead of providing a long list of any such combination I've tried, or specific load order, I have a much easier idea, if anybody would be so kind as to participate.

Here's the idea:

If somebody came along with a clean (no mods activated) Mod Manager and asked how they could see/play any sort of mod which could expand the PC's body, such as breast enlargement, or pregnancy (such as SoulGem Oven), what sort of list of mods and their dependencies would you suggest, to have the smallest, or minimal selection of mods? The reason I ask to try to list specific dependencies, is because if you give an option of more than one optional dependency, such as two different body types, there could be a chance of confusion resulting in loading more than one, or some similar miscommunication. 

Think of this as coming up with a minimal sized example that somebody could do to test mod/script initiated/activated body resizing features to make sure it works, or to see how different clothing may act with body reshaping. If this may also be helpful to anybody in the future, then also please consider linking the names of mods or other assets, to make them easier to locate.

I would recommend Bodyslide as your body mod. If you don't know what bodyslide is, get with the program! :P Bodyslide lets you create your own body exactly how you want it, and fits bodyslide armors/DD to that body so that it never clips. It's a bit more complex than that, but you get the idea. 

Mods I can recommend that change body shape mid game are Beeing Female and SexLab Hormones (although I don't use either of these). Beeing Female is a pregnancy mod (you'll need to have lots of sex to see it work), and SexLab Hormones is a mod that, among other things, changes your body shape based off of your arousal. Deviously Cursed Loot also has a body resizing feature, but that is by no means the main feature of it.

Just for testing purposes though, if you wish to test bodyslide you can just jump into race menu and bump the bodyslide sliders (UUNP or CBBE) to outrageous limits to see the body change.

To be able to see ANY body change, you'll need a bodyslide armor mod (or be naked). The one I use is Remodeled Armor for UUNP by Gamefever. Make sure when building your armors in bodyslide, you choose the "build morphs" option next to the batch build button. Otherwise you won't see any morphs read through racemenu--be it ones you make or a mod makes.

Bodyslide

UUNP Armor

Beeing Female

SexLab Hormones

It looks like it may be a short while before I am able to really play Skyrim again, much less offer any contributions to any mods, or try coming up with some of my own. 

My installation got to a point where it is impossible to create a new playthrough in any conventional manner (the long boring trip to Helgen, in the back of a wagon). The game would load, but the wagons would not move, just play through the dialogs and then sit motionless for hours. This was also happening on a 100% vanilla run with all mods disabled, so I deleted all related files and decided to start over. But now I am not really even sure which mod manager I should try using, and do not look forward to all of the installation and configuration of all of the various tools, including ENB, TES5, Nifskope, Loot, Wrye Bash, Bodyslide, et al. 

Not quitting, just a temporary moment of discouragement, and good time to ask suggestions as to the beginning tools and opinions on mod managers. 

I suppose that this could also be a good opportunity to see if we could collectively come up with a step-by-step guide for any newcomer to get from "point A" to "Point B", and ultimately to "Point C", where "Point A" is they've just installed Skyrim, and "Point B" is having something simple with little or few dependencies, such as "Extra Pocket" to test body scaling, and "Point C" being they are ready to play with all sorts of their favorite adult mods.

I'll start: 

Step 1: Install Skyrim

Step 2: Install SKSE

I recently went through the process, but already I'm considering some heavy maintenance again to go with Realvision enb.

Also, a question that might be on topic, how bad is it to drop DLC in a heavily modded save? I have seen countless mods that won't run without, which is fair do to dependancies, but will adding DLC to a modded game cause issues?

I recently went through the process, but already I'm considering some heavy maintenance again to go with Realvision enb.

Also, a question that might be on topic, how bad is it to drop DLC in a heavily modded save? I have seen countless mods that won't run without, which is fair do to dependancies, but will adding DLC to a modded game cause issues?

I still consider myself too new to be considered any expert on the subject, but if it works anything like adding mods to an in-progress playthrough, it should be relatively stable to add DLC to an existing game, so long as it does not overwrite anything already being used. I honestly cannot imagine any reason that could be the case, so my best guess is that it should be no problem. It is in removing content (whether DLC or mod), where you risk things breaking the most.

My biggest mistake thus far, was to simply download and install every mod that had features that I wanted, and settling for those that actually worked, instead of step-by-step focusing on getting individual "most desired" features working first. It was fun for a little while, but I just couldn't get past something as simple as body resizing never working, eventually making most of the rest, (deemed only a secondary priority), worth it to play anyway.

So now sitting with no Skyrim to play at all other than a fresh, vanilla re-download of the game itself, until I figure out or decide which mod manager to download and try. In my previous setup, the core ENB library itself seemed to break the water, making the screen a solid (non-transparent) blue-gray, when underwater, and (unrelated or different issue) I could never start a new playthrough because the wagons were frozen in place in the Helgen cinematic sequence.

I still consider myself too new to be considered any expert on the subject, but if it works anything like adding mods to an in-progress playthrough, it should be relatively stable to add DLC to an existing game, so long as it does not overwrite anything already being used. I honestly cannot imagine any reason that could be the case, so my best guess is that it should be no problem. It is in removing content (whether DLC or mod), where you risk things breaking the most.

My biggest mistake thus far, was to simply download and install every mod that had features that I wanted, and settling for those that actually worked, instead of step-by-step focusing on getting individual "most desired" features working first. It was fun for a little while, but I just couldn't get past something as simple as body resizing never working, eventually making most of the rest, (deemed only a secondary priority), worth it to play anyway.

So now sitting with no Skyrim to play at all other than a fresh, vanilla re-download of the game itself, until I figure out or decide which mod manager to download and try. In my previous setup, the core ENB library itself seemed to break the water, making the screen a solid (non-transparent) blue-gray, when underwater, and (unrelated or different issue) I could never start a new playthrough because the wagons were frozen in place in the Helgen cinematic sequence.

The sting of starting a new game, I have felt it already even though I only started playing Skyrim a few days ago.

The dependancies, loadorders, patches and overrides are such a delicate balance.

In all honesty I restarted a few times because new mcm's weren't loading in SkyUI and I didn't find the "Setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1" trick on the support pages, had to dig though reddits to find out how easy it is to refresh SkyUI. Restarted the game twice already by then :P

In all honesty I restarted a few times because new mcm's weren't loading in SkyUI and I didn't find the "Setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1" trick on the support pages, had to dig though reddits to find out how easy it is to refresh SkyUI. Restarted the game twice already by then :P

That sounds a lot like an issue that I have been trying to help somebody with, but never knew about the "Setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1"  part.

Could you take a look at this conversation and see if you may know something that could help?

Archived