Castaway Mod Request

1337DragonWolf

Hiya, modding community!

So, I'm new to this whole "requesting" thing, but I suppose as somebody chock full of ideas, and with no skills to actually implement them, it's inevitable that I seek help for at least one, right? Also, I'm... hoping I'm posting this to the right area... I'm pretty sure I am...

At any rate, I'm requesting a Castaway mod. It can be an extension of Alternate Start - Live Another Life, but I primarily want it to be accessed at any time.

Essentially, a ship will be added to the game that will transport you to another land.

(*)

The ship will encounter an unexpected storm, and the captain will request you help brace the ship against the storm(Optional detail. As an adventurer, however, I'm pretty sure you're capable of helping to hoist the sails or whatever.)

No matter what, the ship will be destroyed.

Your character will then wash up on the shore of a fair-sized tropical island. The island is inhabited by nothing but nude/scantily clad women (and animals, obviously) of all races. A couple of the locals(likely fisherwomen) will find your character's unconscious body on the shore, and take him/her to their Chief.

The Chief  will fall in love with your character, and make him/her her "pet". Your character won't be a slave, but more of somebody for the Chief to cuddle, stroke, and perhaps even make love to.

(*)

You can do as you will on the island(maybe add a few quests, or an arena), but you have to return to your "Owner" before the day's end, or she'll punish you. Again, your character isn't a slave, so she won't whip you, or lock you in a pillory. Rather, she'll likely cut your character's food rations for a while, make him/her sleep in a (surprisingly nice) cage instead of with her, and not let him/her out of her sight for a while. (There should be things you can do within her sight, so you won't get bored.)

Being a tropical-based island, each woman should live in a small hut(perhaps the occasional two living in the same hut, as lovers). The Chief will live in a luxurious temple, where you as her pet will also live.

If it's at all possible, maybe the destination where you want the ship's captain to take you will determine the race of the Chief.

i.e.: "I want to go to the Summerset Isles!" = High Elf

"I'm thinking of visiting Black Marsh..." = Argonian

"Take me to High Rock." = Breton

"Take me to the High Rock/Hammerfell border. I'm going to visit the Dragontail Mountains." = Orc

etc...

I'm imagining this to be a primarily lesbian mod, but there will obviously be other sexualities. I'm just saying, if there's only time for one sexuality, lesbian is most preferred.

If anyone's interested in this mod idea, maybe message me and let me know you'll pick it up, and maybe we can throw around some ideas! Also, I may not be able to make mods myself, but English is my first language, and I'm very finicky about grammar, punctuation, and capitalization, so if you send me a copy of the dialog and pop-up messages, I can go over and correct any mistakes. (I am assuming there will be no voice acting, and will rely on the Fuz Ro D-oh mod.)

It's a lovely idea but an awful lot of work.

Welp, that was a fast rejection. SOMEBODY has to be interested, though, right?

Interested, I'm sure many people are. But Carabosse is correct - creating new landmasses, which is what you're asking for, takes a lot of work. We're talking months for a single person. The dialogue would go quicker, depending on how much you want. Also depending on exactly what you want, the scripting could be anywhere from a few weeks of creation and testing to several months - teleport, sex, activities while on the island, helping around the ship before it sinks, etc. The whole bit with the ship is a little complex, and will take some resources I don't think even exist, much less are publicly available, which means the time and effort of a modeler and texturer. Building a "luxurious temple" will also take quite a lot of time, even just with using vanilla or freely available assets, because of all of the object placement, lighting, navmeshing, and testing. And there are undoubtedly a host of other potential problems or time sinks. Basically, you're asking for a bit much. It's a good idea, and I'd definitely play that kind of mod, but...

Think of it like this: Captured Dreams, which seems to be about the same in scope as what you're asking for (minus a new landmass which is a big project, even for a small island), was started in December of 2013. It's taken three years to get to where it is now, even with a dedicated modder and a host of other people who have contributed dialogue, scripting, items, and testing.

Even if what you want is just half that, you're looking at a lot of investment from people who already have their own projects they're working on.

This holds true for most of the great ideas people have, unfortunately.

I am sorry to say that generally speaking the best way to get what you want when it comes to modding is to do it yourself. :(

It's a lovely idea but an awful lot of work.

Welp, that was a fast rejection. SOMEBODY has to be interested, though, right?

You should try doing the tutorials on the creation kit website, they're actually kind of fun, easy to follow and will only take a few evenings.

At the end you'll have far more confidence in making your own mods and at that point, an explosion of ideas that you'll wish to try out.

Making mods is much more fun than playing them.

(start simple though :) )

Archived