Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

1. "Captured Dreams Shop" requires strict DD base versions, which differ from required by "Cursed Loot". Maybe some community members figured out the successful combination of DDA, DDI, DDX and higher DD mods ("Captured Dreams Shop", "Cursed Loot") - such combination, which is stable and compatible?

AFAIK, Captured Dreams supports the newest DD framework versions. The DD team always expects all users and modders to use the newest version of the framework mods ONLY.

CD is compatible with the latest versions of the core DD mods except when:

1 - Items from other mods that are supposed to be able to be removed have the new "zad_Questitem" keyword, the current CD removal function does not have the ability to remove them since it requires the use of a new command.

That 3rd party mods find it difficult to remove quest items from other mods is totally and absolutely intended. This new QuestItem keyword is intended to encourage DD mods to play nice and not wipe off other mods' items without approval (we had issues with that in the past). If you think that the author of the other mod used the quest keyword when they shouldn't have, I would suggest talking to them about removing it from the items in question. The QuestItem keyword should be used ONLY for quest items other mods shouldn't -ever-touch.

If I spot code in DD mods designed to circumvent the QuestItem feature and remove other DD mods' quest items without their approval, I will try to break that code from the framework end to the best of my ability.

CD is compatible with the latest versions of the core DD mods except when:

1 - Items from other mods that are supposed to be able to be removed have the new "zad_Questitem" keyword, the current CD removal function does not have the ability to remove them since it requires the use of a new command.

That 3rd party mods find it difficult to remove quest items from other mods is totally and absolutely intended. This new QuestItem keyword is intended to encourage DD mods to play nice and not wipe off other mods' items without approval (we had issues with that in the past). If you think that the author of the other mod used the quest keyword when they shouldn't have, I would suggest talking to them about removing it from the items in question. The QuestItem keyword should be used ONLY for quest items other mods shouldn't -ever-touch.

If I spot code in DD mods designed to circumvent the QuestItem feature and remove other DD mods' quest items without their approval, I will try to break that code from the framework end to the best of my ability.

I am setting multiple checks on the removal function that handles quest items where it requires it to detect 2 of my own custom keywords for it to even try to remove a questitem device. As for items without the questitem keyword I will be treating items with blockgeneric as quest items and not remove except for those items I have been given permission to remove to keep backwards compatibility on mods that don't get updated.

Hey everyone first time posting.

I downloaded the new stuff a few days ago and first of all I want to say great job on the straitjackets. I can't tell you how excited I was when I saw they were available.

What I noticed while playing;

- The leg binder clipping issues others brought up already.

post-320819-0-38610500-1484081061_thumb.jpg

post-320819-0-94645400-1484081057_thumb.jpg

- When going into combat mode and attacking my character would attack using invisible "fists" instead of using the bound combat animations

post-320819-0-21931300-1484081413_thumb.jpg

post-320819-0-49996800-1484081410_thumb.jpg

- Wearing boots with lift (pony, ballet, restrictive) make characters float when using animations that don't involve standing up straight (i.e. kneeling, sitting)

post-320819-0-02714900-1484081064_thumb.jpg

- The restrictive collar doesn't really line up with the straitjacket.  I don't know if it was ever intended to, but I'd figure I'd include it.

- More of a texture thing and not that big of a deal, but the knot at the top of the leg binder's lacing looks a bit low res/loose

post-320819-0-81137100-1484081062_thumb.jpg

That's what I noticed so far.

As for suggestions;

- Maybe make straitjackets more dynamic. Meaning instead of having an open/closed version of the straitjackets have it be one item that you can remove/add the front section

(like the plug on the panel gag)

- In the same vein, make the leg binder a separate item that can be so we can mix and match restraints without having to open inventory and click through menus to change looks

- Have the straitjacket occupy the same slot as the armbinder so we can wear armor underneath or at least have some way to have the pants section of the armor show up

- Be able to interact with seats while wearing a straitjacket/armbinder

- Add an option to the MCM to bind a key that when pressed would play the currently equipped restraint's struggle animation without having to go into

the restraint's menu and have a

separate one to moan while gagged

- Maybe have some way to have the gag sounds autoplay like in the ZaZ Animation Pack

- I don't know if this would be possible but an option in the MCM to switch between bunny hopping and walking while hobbled would be cool

- Add a institutional looking harness gag (kinda like Dasha's DDT gag) to complement the straitjacket's look

- Add a sleep-sack restraint like a hobble dress but covers the feet and arms

That's pretty much what I've got for now.  I'll keep playing around with the new stuff to see what I find, but if there is something specific you guys want tested let me know and I'll focus on it. Finally, you guys are doing an absolutely fantastic job on Devious Devices, easily one of my favorite mods. If there is anything else I can do to help please let me know.

Edit:

Found the Lover's Lab's image uploader and added screen shots

Some calculations about inflatable plug mechaincs
Spoiler alert!

Plug deflates every 5 game hours (15 mins)
Plug inflates every hour with 25% chance if some NPC is near PC
If nobody is near 2.5% chance to inflate
So to deflate plug player must hide somewhere for 5-5*5 game hours (15-75 mins), depends on plug state (1-5)
Sitting and using any crafting device also have chance to inflate and add 15 more mins.
Is it too much ?

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! At first thanks for keep developing DD mods, I love it.

While playing with newest versions (DDi & DDx are 13 jan. versions from github) I've found some bugs, hope it'll help in fixing them:

1. When equip straitjacket on NPC their hands still visible like bound behind back, disappears only when changing location of save-load (means after any loading), it's not really a serious problem, but it breaks some immersion (PC's hands hides prorerly).

2. When I equip some items with bondage mittens on follower and after that I'm trying to unequip, for example, her pony boots, message "You can't remove Pony Boots while wearing bondage mittens!" appears, then inventory-variant successfully goes to my inventory, BUT equipped-variant still on NPC, so for now only way to unequip items properly from NPC is removing her mittens before any other items.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, so for the past few days I've been playing around with the armbinder model in blender and managed to turn it into a reverse prayer binder. I don't know if you guys can use it for anything in the mod. I'm just starting to learn blender so I have no clue how to get it into Skyrim, but I do know I have to make a minimum weight version.  If anyone from the DD team wants the blend file I'd be happy to send it.

post-320819-0-23646600-1489530190_thumb.png

post-320819-0-82062900-1489530192_thumb.png

post-320819-0-99267400-1489530194_thumb.png

post-320819-0-16823300-1489530197_thumb.png

post-320819-0-46144900-1489530199_thumb.png

Attention test subjects!

anime%2Bg.gif

After a... very short and totally not unexpected hiatus, we're back to working on the next update.

To begin with, I have just uploaded a new version to the development repo on Github. It should finally address the issues with chain attachments (pear plug variants) that interfered with tails and calves. If anyone is interested in testing I'd appreciate your feedback.

Is there a reason why most (if not all) the Locking pear plugs doesn't have the lockable keyword? 

This causes the safeword in cursed loot to ignore them at times.

If there is a reason, it's not a good one. That keyword is needed to recognize a rendered DD item as such. Will be fixed. :)

Another new update is up on the Expansion repo!

First two of the new Heretic items have been added to the game - HDT Chain Collars (8 devices) and HDT Ponytail Plugs! (4 devices)

post-34019-0-69069500-1490062331_thumb.png

They cannot be crafted or otherwise acquired yet but you can spawn them using AddItemMenu

Things that need to be tested:

• Making sure that all textures apply properly (no black iron bits on rusty items and vice versa)
  • Making sure that the tail texture matches your character's hair (and persists through area transitions, reloads and passage of time)
  • Making sure HDT physics apply to all new items
  • Making sure that equipping and unequipping them works properly

A new build is up on the repos! Both DDi and DDx, you will need to download both for everything to work properly.

post-34019-0-01177500-1490205239_thumb.pngpost-34019-0-94477800-1490208129_thumb.png

Anyways here's what's new:

• New device: Ankle Shackles (2 devices) slows the wearer down, penalises sneaking and makes sprint cost a lot more stamina
  • New device: Ball & Chain (4 devices) is very heavy, slows the wearer down, heavily penalises sneaking and makes running as well as sprinting cost a lot of stamina
  • New device: Prisoner Chains (2 devices) is very heavy, takes up arm, leg and collar slots and penalises all weapon skills
  • Changed the way speed penalties apply. The largest speed penalty will now override all others, rather than stack
  • Added more fitting ground meshes to some of Heretic's devices
  • Fixed: users not running Requiem (what's wrong with you? <3) should no longer be getting unnecessary papyrus warnings
  • Fixed: multiple devices can no longer emit chain sounds at the same time

And things that need to be tested:

• Making sure that Prisoner Chains cannot be worn with other restraints using the same slots (collars and arms & legs cuffs)
  • Making sure speed penalties from multiple devices apply properly and don't break when individual devices are added and removed
  • Making sure speed penalties apply according to the following order of priority: Hobble Dress > Ankle Shackles > Boots
  • Making sure that Ankle Chains and Ball & Chain properly disable bound combat
  • Making sure that all devices apply their penalties properly
  • Making sure that all textures apply properly (no black iron bits on rusty items and vice versa)
  • Making sure HDT physics apply to all new items
  • Making sure that equipping and unequipping all new devices works properly

Loving the straightjackets, but there are 2 problems I found.

First, when wearing arm cuffs, they show up as if your arms are there, which leads to your arms being invisible.

Second, when trying to masterbate while wearing the straightjacket, your invisible arms will try to do the regular chastity blocking masterbation animation.

I reckon that you should hide the arm cuffs while wearing the straightjackets, like the armbinders do.

I think new animations will be needed too.

Wow, those updates are amazing. Love the ponytail plugs and the way their color matches your character's hair.

Anyway, bug report :

-I wore some prisoner chains/collar & chain, then wore a nipple chain collar, but it was invisible. I unequipped the first collar/prisoner chains, and the nipple chain collar was still invisible. I had to unequip/reequip it in order to make it visible.

-I also tried to equip the nipple chain collar and then some straitjacket. the chain to the nipples disappeared (invisible) but not the collar. It reappeared when I removed the straitjacket

-the physics of the tail plugs did not seem to work while wearing a straitjacket (with legs binder), but when I tried again later on, everything was fine for the 4 ponytails plugs, no idea why.

-while wearing a Ball & chain with a straitjacket, the Ball & chain disappeared (I also tried with a collar & chain, they did not)

-while wearing prisoner chains and a straitjacket (or any armbinder), the iron cuffs were still visible, causing some visual absurdities. (see pic below)

-the UUNP models for the straitjackets does not seem to be correct. It does not support racemenu morphs for the moment and when I set the weight of my character to 0, they were a lot of clipping, just like If the sliders were useles :-/

-I don't know if it's intended but when wearing a straitjacket, my character does not have the standard bound combat animation, but rather a standard fight animation without hands I'd say.

That's all I found for now, might get back to it this week-end,

Keep up the good work and good luck !

Also please forget my crappy english ><

post-571325-0-59103200-1490233059_thumb.jpg

Thank you for your reports!

Leg restraints disappearing when worn with long skirts is... annoying but necessary. It's mostly because of the way the partitioning of restrictive boots and hobble dresses works. I'll think of something but currently I have no idea how to solve it without breaking those two devices.

We're aware of UUNP straightjacket issues. It's completely broken, our Bodyslide expert is currently unavailable so... this may take a while unless someone here can figure out what's wrong.

I'll look into the nipple chain collar, it shouldn't be doing any of those things, it's probably broken.

The red and white jacket variants use black models in the menu.

Do you have fine control over the physics of the ball and chain? I wonder if the ball can be made heavier to the physics engine, or maybe some way to make the chain less elastic? It keeps getting caught on statics on the floor, and then rubber-banding up to the player, like the chain is rubber and the ball is... not sure how to describe it, like magnetically sticky, or full of fluid, or something... I mean this is a problem I only notice when looking for issues so far, just curious what kind of control is available for these physics objects. If you make the ball too heavy, would it hurt the player like rocks in the game?

I'm guessing giving the ball a different sound effect would be too difficult? The chain sound effect sounds like it's static, it doesn't actually take the motion of the chain into account it just plays several small sound files, right? I take it trying to replicate a ball rolling at different rates and on different surfaces would be a lot harder than chains.

The chain attached to the ball can clip through the leg when trying to "rest" after movement (wrap the chain counter clockwise, slowly move back and worth and the player will shuffle through the chain on the right leg)I doubt this problem was as pronounced with the chain connecting two legs because it would want to rest in a straight line between legs, but I wonder if it could be possible to collide with the player and not clip, probably not but just a thought.

Double checking, because I don't see them in the new features list above: The ball and chain are supposed to cause stamina drain while moving normally, right? I mean while running, not sprinting or sneaking. You're forcing the player to walk, but with the slow effect it feels too slow? Is it possible to keep walking speed normal while slowing down the other speeds, that would be cool, forcing walking but the walking isn't slowed down, or maybe slowed down less? Maybe custom animation would fix it too...

Still not sure if this is a real bug or not.... Summary: walking angle transitions get broken on old saves?

Using (latest )DDi (8cea3cfa75ea9b4b000e696bd6c9eb5ce2c6840f), and 1/13 (99b422a51f79d44cbd814dba43926e351c3fc7e6) as test points, the earlier DDi used either 2 or 3 as for animations choice (not sure how to check post-fomod), the latest uses 1st animation option. FNIS after each change over to the other version.

As soon as I load an old save (with latest DDi), regular non-dd running animations get rigid. Walking/running at a 45deg angle shifts sharply without a soft transition, like it's missing a transition animation or like the transition time was reduced from 300ms to 0ms. New saves fresh from the menu work for awhile, haven't found what triggers it to get rigid. Old DDi doesn't have the issue at all.

Including video to help show exactly which animation/transition I'm talking about. Using armbinder and boots not because they are part of the bug (although they too are affected, the lack of transition exists with naked character), but I thought the black/white would add some contrast to help show how jarring it can be when playing.

example.7z

Still not sure if this is a real bug or not.... Summary: walking angle transitions get broken on old saves?

Using (latest )DDi (8cea3cfa75ea9b4b000e696bd6c9eb5ce2c6840f), and 1/13 (99b422a51f79d44cbd814dba43926e351c3fc7e6) as test points, the earlier DDi used either 2 or 3 as for animations choice (not sure how to check post-fomod), the latest uses 1st animation option. FNIS after each change over to the other version.

As soon as I load an old save (with latest DDi), regular non-dd running animations get rigid. Walking/running at a 45deg angle shifts sharply without a soft transition, like it's missing a transition animation or like the transition time was reduced from 300ms to 0ms. New saves fresh from the menu work for awhile, haven't found what triggers it to get rigid. Old DDi doesn't have the issue at all.

Including video to help show exactly which animation/transition I'm talking about. Using armbinder and boots not because they are part of the bug (although they too are affected, the lack of transition exists with naked character), but I thought the black/white would add some contrast to help show how jarring it can be when playing.

This is because I'm disabling controls dampening while player is wearing ankle chains or the ball . Wonky movement is an unfortunate sideeffect.

But it shouldn't persist when player is not wearing one of those... I'll look into it.

Also, physics are not final. Heretic said e's not hapy with it so that may change.