Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

22 hours ago, Princessity said:

UPDATE!

• DD events now also add actors to the Sexlab animating faction (in addition to the DD faction) for better compatibility with DD-unaware mods

This appears to be leaving the player in the SLAnimating faction. 

Shout Like a Version tests for that and since the player is stuck in that faction, many functions are unable to start.... thus the impact off this is significant. 

UPDATE!

• DD events now also add actors to the Sexlab animating faction (in addition to the DD faction) for better compatibility with DD-unaware mods
1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:

This appears to be leaving the player in the SLAnimating faction. 

Shout Like a Version tests for that and since the player is stuck in that faction, many functions are unable to start.... thus the impact off this is significant. 

UPDATE: I looked deeper. It's not "leaving the player in the faction". But it's putting them in the faction after every spell cast or shout for a few seconds. I know that DD triggers stuff at that point, but most often it's doing nothing and certainly not animating (no reason to block a mod from doing it's own scene).

Virgin triggers stuff when you shout. Your change is saying for a while after every shout... hey a sexlab scene is currently active, don't start anything. A big problem for my mod since now no shout will ever trigger anything.

EDIT: Also seems to occur at some other points when nothing is actually animating. For example my mod could not start something after simply being in dialogue. Maybe you are adding to the faction when "something might start", instead of only when "something for sure is starting". IMO too dangerous to add this when so close to releasing.

7 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

UPDATE: I looked deeper. It's not "leaving the player in the faction". But it's putting them in the faction after every spell cast or shout for a few seconds. I know that DD triggers stuff at that point, but most often it's doing nothing and certainly not animating (no reason to block a mod from doing it's own scene).

Virgin triggers stuff when you shout. Your change is saying for a while after every shout... hey a sexlab scene is currently active, don't start anything. A big problem for my mod since now no shout will ever trigger anything.

This does not seem to be happening for me, though I was only doing some quick testing running around in a town shouting and casting spells.

5 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

This does not seem to be happening for me, though I was only doing some quick testing running around in a town shouting and casting spells.

I'm sure it's happening because I setup a debug hotkey that runs this...

If Sexlab.IsActorActive(PlayerRef)  ;testing
   Debug.Notification("TEST: is in SL Animation Faction")
  EndIF

Returns true if I hit my hot key after shouting.

I'm also sure because the problem is eliminated by rolling back to the 2 day old version of DDi.

3 hours ago, cnc4 said:

Function and Name Issue

1. Text in conversation of Jeweled Piercings (Labia) does match the item (It says "examining the the clitoral ring").

2. And cannot be take off with removal tools via player  

Mmm... I'll have to look at them in game and confirm which one they actually go on. Thank you for the report.

9 hours ago, Dust89 said:

Yea, I did save and load. I built my game last 4 months and If nobody else doesn't have troubles with armbinders that means this is my problem.

I want to ask something. I look on my papyrus log and found LARGE MESS from another mods. Can it influence on armbinder works?

It's possible, maybe you have something that overrides certain devices or DD scripts. I'd check for file conflicts in your mod manager and if that doesn't turn up anything, try disabling most of your DD/SL related mods except DD and its requirements and starting a new game. If that solves the issue it could mean there's a conflict somewhere.

9 hours ago, monsta88 said:

Hello Devs,

it is probably far too late too ask for features, but maybe you will consider. :)

1) It would be awesome if crafting DDs would work like in the Book of UUNP mod. Basically if you don't have the book in your inventory, then the devices won't show up in the crafting menu. The tons of DDs really clog the crafting menu. Even one book would be good with all the items, or 2 for the Assets/Expansion. Or more for smaller categories (Chastity gear, Boots, Sets, etc)

2.) The Device hider should have more slots for the body slot(32). I find the 4 slots not enough. For example: Chastity belt, Chastity Bra, Corset, Nipple Piercing, Clitoris piercing, SoS. So it would be nice if it would be doubled.

3.) Custom Device hider config for selected armors. There are a lot of skimpy armors around in Skyrim, which barely hide anything under it. Either they are sparing with the clothing material, or they are transparent. It would be nice if we could define a set of armors with different hiding rules. I know this might lead to some clipping, but it would be still better. For example it would be logical that chastity gear would be visible under a transparent outfit.

Thanks for considering,

M

Sadly no time for new features right now. But we do need a better crafting system so we'll keep your ideas in mind when we get around to reworking it. Thank you <3

10 hours ago, special said:

@Princessity / @Kimy

BUG Report:

Not sure if this has been brought up already but it is still happening in the latest version...

• When hand / arms are tied the Player cannot remove items, BUT she can still add items.

To reproduce:

1, Have a gag in inventory
2, Put on straightjacket or armbinder
3, Open inventory and select the gag, it should equip as if the Player is not restrained.

This may be by design but it does seem a little odd that the Player can't use her hands to remove items but she can use her hands to equip items.

Addition Comment:

Found another issue.

• If the player is wearing a Ebonite Rubber Catsuit, the mod allows the player to equip a straightjacket + leg binder or a straightjacket but the restraints to do not show on the player and you can remove them from the inventory without menu prompts to unlock etc.

I assume there should be a check here to prevent the player from equipping full body restraints when wearing a catsuit?

I'm not sure if the first issue is intended or not. But the second one I specifically fixed yesterday. Are you on the latest build? Did you discard your pre-update devices and spawn new ones?

11 hours ago, Bane Master said:

One minor issue - the DDi esp still has ZaZAninmationPack in its master list. I have manually deleted it at this end and everything works as expected, no dependencies remain - DDi just needs the master deleting from the Dev branch version's master list.

I do not see it on my end and I was the last one to update the repo. Are you sure you're using the development branch? And that you don't have anything overriding it in your mod manager?

11 hours ago, mcgorien said:

A qol request, im sure you know of this. When I try to build the hdt version of most the ddx/dda items the preset field in bodyslide is empty, and when I try to select one I get an empty list. The hdt version of chain harness boots and gloves, the zipsuit and the mwx suit are working as they should. The restrictive set, the chastity items, the leather harness and the piercing all show up with empty preset.

This is only for the hdt version, everything else builds as it should.

Easy enough to fix by downloading gamefevers sliders.

@El_Duderino

15 hours ago, Bane Master said:

Am I right in thinking Tags for new devices are still pending implementation?

I was hoping to test these as the mod is in final testing before release but it appears they are not in yet.

@Kimy

17 hours ago, naaitsab said:

Found a small texture related error. The elbowbinder inventory 'image' seems to be set to black leather no mater what variant you select.

Also the open straitjacket blocks displaying the bra and belt with the default device hider settings. Is this done to reduce clipping?

Oksie, I'll see what's wrong, thank you!

3 hours ago, Princessity said:
6 hours ago, cnc4 said:

Function and Name Issue

1. Text in conversation of Jeweled Piercings (Labia) does match the item (It says "examining the the clitoral ring").

2. And cannot be take off with removal tools via player  

Mmm... I'll have to look at them in game and confirm which one they actually go on. Thank you for the report.

Mmm... I have gone through some code. There are  7 msg choices under xx047AC9 zad_piercingVSoulMsg. Choices range from 0-2 are for "Put it in", 3-5 are for "Take out with tools" and 6 is for without keys. Therefore the logic in zadPiercingVaginalScript should be the following:

Function DeviceMenu(Int msgChoice = 0)
    msgChoice = zad_DeviceMsg.Show() ; display menu
	if msgChoice >= 0 && msgChoice <= 2; Put it in
	elseif msgChoice >= 3 && msgChoice <= 5 ; Unlock
	elseif msgChoice == 6 ; Force it out
	endif		
	DeviceMenuExt(msgChoice)
	SyncInventory()
EndFunction

I have tested it in my game. Hope that helps  :grin:

Nuh the script doesn't need adjustments. The message is simply outdated, the piercings in DDx weren't updated to the new one ^^

I fixed it a minute ago, I'll upload it to the repo soon. I just have to decide whether these piercings are clitoral or labial. I looked at them in game and they are nowhere near the clitoris on my standard UNP preset but this could be highly body-dependent. In fact the hoop is so huge I have no idea how to classify it, it pierces everything. Ugh. Maybe it needs to be scaled down.

Edit:

On the other hand, whatever, fine it can be "clitoral" just because people are used to seeing it that way and I've used up too many grey cells thinking about it. It's still an improvement over "vaginal".

17 hours ago, Bane Master said:

One minor issue - the DDi esp still has ZaZAninmationPack in its master list. I have manually deleted it at this end and everything works as expected, no dependencies remain - DDi just needs the master deleting from the Dev branch version's master list.

I do not see it on my end and I was the last one to update the repo. Are you sure you're using the development branch? And that you don't have anything overriding it in your mod manager?

Yes, I'm certain - I used the download link in your last update post,  whcih points to the dev branch, downloaded filname is DDi-development.zip .

Just re-downloaded and reinstalled at the bottom of my MO load order using the FOMOD installation defaults and got the same result - missing master ZazAnimatiionPack .esm on the included version of  Devious Deviants.esp.

업데이트!

DDiDDx가 업데이트되었습니다:

• Added more appropriate keybreak and jamming messages for piercings
  • Renamed "labial" piercings to "clitoral"
  • Reverted the animating faction changes
  • Updated the properties of DDx piercings to match DDi standards, added missing parameters
  • Fixed Shocking and Common Soulgem piercings using the wrong device menu message
  • Updated the legacy menu message to match the new script to prevent older mods from borking
  • Fixed the textures of elbowbinder ground objects

These changes are not retroactive. Please discard your old piercings and elbowbinders and spawn new instances.

@Bane Master

Oh wait... Ahahahahahaha!

Nuh that's working as intended. Devious Deviants is an optional (also seriously outdated and not recommended to use) questmod and it uses some ZAP furniture/animations. It's supposed to still have it as a master. In fact I'm not sure if it even still works with DD 4.0. Maybe we shouldn't include it until someone gets around to updating it...

But it has nothing to do with the framework. DDi is Devious Devices - Integration.esm

11 hours ago, Princessity said:
20 hours ago, Dust89 said:

Yea, I did save and load. I built my game last 4 months and If nobody else doesn't have troubles with armbinders that means this is my problem.

I want to ask something. I look on my papyrus log and found LARGE MESS from another mods. Can it influence on armbinder works?

It's possible, maybe you have something that overrides certain devices or DD scripts. I'd check for file conflicts in your mod manager and if that doesn't turn up anything, try disabling most of your DD/SL related mods except DD and its requirements and starting a new game. If that solves the issue it could mean there's a conflict somewhere.

I did it! Really, Requiem Patch for Cursed Loot (and DD) broked Armbinders. Thanks for your answers :blush:

12 hours ago, Princessity said:
On 3.12.2017 at 2:54 PM, mcgorien said:

A qol request, im sure you know of this. When I try to build the hdt version of most the ddx/dda items the preset field in bodyslide is empty, and when I try to select one I get an empty list. The hdt version of chain harness boots and gloves, the zipsuit and the mwx suit are working as they should. The restrictive set, the chastity items, the leather harness and the piercing all show up with empty preset.

This is only for the hdt version, everything else builds as it should.

Easy enough to fix by downloading gamefevers sliders.

@El_Duderino

Hmm... I think I need some help with this one. I've always used the HDT versions of the DDa/DDx items from the DD downloads, for as long as they've been bundled with them. Never had a problem exporting or batch exporting the hdt meshes to my game from Bodyslide. But I'm pretty sure I'm misisng the point and that's not actually what you mean?

(Edit: for the record, I'm using UUNP.)

7 hours ago, Princessity said:

@Bane Master

..... Maybe we shouldn't include it until someone gets around to updating it...

Or at least not have it selected by default in the DD MCM menu? 

But if it was up to me I'd ditch it and the Sergius Experiment too.  They're too glitchy and you'll never want to play them twice.

Question regarding the DD sex animations and the filter:

1 - are there both male and female bound (armbinder) oral animations?

2 - if there are, are there both aggressive and non-aggressive tagged animations?

3 - regarding the filter, if the player has a belt but has a ring gag will it still allow the oral animation?  <<I have had issues concerning this with DD's v3+ filter with it defaulting to the horny idle much of the time>>

The new version really looks awesome, looking forward to it. Big thanks to everyone that contributed. If only I had known this was this close to release when I started that new playthrough a week ago ^^.

Just to make sure I understood correctly: I can use the new version with mods that were written for the old DD version without everything breaking? I won't have to wait for every content mod to be updated, right?

1 hour ago, Anooon said:

The new version really looks awesome, looking forward to it. Big thanks to everyone that contributed. If only I had known this was this close to release when I started that new playthrough a week ago ^^.

Just to make sure I understood correctly: I can use the new version with mods that were written for the old DD version without everything breaking? I won't have to wait for every content mod to be updated, right?

Nnn...not quite.

We definitely implemented a few changes that are not backwards-compatible. They're mostly limited to heavy restraints (armbinders, yokes) but other devices will be affected too, to lesser or greater extent. But we did try to provide legacy support where possible so most of them should not break but they may not fully support new features.

Mods that only use core (DDi and DDx) generic devices should be fine but a lot of custom devices will definitely require updates. A compatible version of Cursed Loot will be released simultaneously with DD 4.0 and Marie is working on updating Shout Like a Virgin as well. Regarding other mods, you may have to ask their authors.

As a general rule of thumb, every mod NOT using any custom devices should still work fine. A DD mod implementing custom devices would need to update to make use of the new features (e.g. the new escape system). A mod implementing custom wrist restraints will break if it's not updated to 4.0.

I am aware of three DD content mods having substantial item libraries (Cursed Loot, Shout Like a Virgin, Captured Dreams), and the latest status I have is that all three will be updated for 4.0. I am not sure about whether or not SD+ has lots of custom items (I...don't think so?) and what SkyrimLL's plans are for DD 4.0.

10 hours ago, Princessity said:

@Bane Master

Nuh that's working as intended. Devious Deviants is an optional (also seriously outdated and not recommended to use) questmod and it uses some ZAP furniture/animations. It's supposed to still have it as a master. In fact I'm not sure if it even still works with DD 4.0. Maybe we shouldn't include it until someone gets around to updating it...

But it has nothing to do with the framework. DDi is Devious Devices - Integration.esm

That explains it - but if it's in as poor state as you suggest and given the idea of having DD as a framework not a content provider  wouldn't it be best to ditch it?  Otherwise I foresee lots of spurious support calls from people as dumb as me!  

Am I right in thinking Tags for new devices are still pending implementation?

I was hoping to test these as the mod is in final testing before release but it appears they are not in yet.

@Kimy

10 hours ago, Princessity said:

Reverted the animating faction changes

Confirmed working

Harnesses no longer block equipping or removal of an anal plug. Found with Virgin harnesses but confirmed is same with a DDx harness. If intended, the message saying you can't remove the plug because of the harness does not make sense.

We might remove Devious Deviants, yes. It has been unmaintained for years and there is nobody in the DD team who wants to polish it. Chances are that it will become more glitchy with 4.0.

Tag database - it's correct that the new items didn't get added so far. We're currently discussing in the team how to best move forward with it. Personally I am not the biggest fan of the feature, but several older mods are using it and we don't want to break those. It could very well be that we will eventually stop adding new devices to it, or at least not all of them. Mods using it from now on should be aware of that.