Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

42 minutes ago, SleepyJim said:

Fantastic job on the new version. I've really been enjoying it so far.

There's one tiny problem I've had happen a few times I thought I should report in case anything can be done, though whether it's a sexlab issue or a devious one I'm not sure - and it may well have been happening with older versions as well, though not as often I don't think:

If my character is in a devious event (such as struggling against an armbinder) when a sexlab animation begins the sexlab animation will initially override the devious one, but at the point the devious event ends the character will be left standing upright for the remainder of the sexlab animation, while her partner(s) continue to animate correctly. PetCollar is the main mod I have that triggers sexlab at the moment, and if my follower wants to use my character when she's currently struggling (or being vibed) this is usually the result.

Would there be any way to prevent sexlab triggering until a devious event has finished playing, or tweaking something so the end of the event doesn't break the sexlab animation? Or would this be better asked in the PetCollar topic?

Thanks.

We've already done all we can on our end to detect ongoing SL scenes (as in, every animated event in DD checks for Sexlab.AnimatingFaction and does not fire if actor is already "reserved" by another mod) and we also use the same faction to inform other mods when our events are underway.

Conflicts can only occur if whatever mod triggers your SL scenes does not respect Sexlab.AnimatingFaction and tries to force its functionality with no regard for already existing reservations.

32 minutes ago, worik said:

3. I had the (ankles) part of the full set in mind and thought that was supposed to slow me down

7. no effect = follower can sprint-follow me on full speed as far as I can sprint unbound. Tested with a modded follower and vanilla Lydia

It was no vanilla follower (Vilja).

I tested with another modded follower and a yoke - situation is the same. The yoke pose is continued after I take the yoke back.

3rd test handcuffs and modded follower on the road in Riverwood - same

Fast travel to Dragonsreach and 4th test with vanilla Lydia. I had the same effect here with the yoke but not with the handcuffs. (probably too hasty to observe?)

I moved from the Throneroom to the Dungeon - problem remained. I took the backentrance - problem solved. The switch between indoors and outdoors seems to do the trick for vanilla AND modded followers

3. Oh okay I'll check if it's supposed to act as a fetter

7. Oh that's sadly a Skyrim issue. NPCs don't get overencumbered and don't even seem to need stamina to sprint. Followers especially break all the rules of the game whenever they want

Hum... I thought I fixed it ages ago. I'll look into it again. Maybe it's simply a case of papyrus delays between check and execution.

5 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

I gave a very situational scenario because it consistently demonstrates the issue. But the issue is much broader. For me it happens half the time with creatures and with 3+ actors. With a mod like mine, 3+ actors is more than half the time so this makes using the filter impractical.

But don't get me wrong here, it's the DD team's call. If the cause and solution is currently unknown, fixing it now makes no sense and I understand. Since it's the same in 3.3 (and I think pre-3.3) it's not releasing something worse, plus you have the option to disable.

Good job DD team on this huge release :) I'm looking forward to it.

Being related to creatures and more than 2 actors is the main reason we consider it a low priority issue ^^ Currently the DD filter doesn't offer specific treatment for those cases, it just defaults to complete panic mode.

Creatures are just inherently incompatible with chastity belts because... non-chaste animations are the only options most of them have. And they have no bound animations at all. Same typically goes for threesomes.

In the future (if everything goes according to plan and we manage to expand the animation library and cover all the bases), DD will be able to support >2 actors. It's on our internal wishlist.

In case of creatures, I'm sorry, there's just no way they will ever be supported by DD (excuses aside, we're just not into it) so I suppose we could implement a fallback behaviour where any belts and heavy restraints are temporarily unequipped.

But as I said, low priority, DD will survive a few more months without it and we'd rather not touch the extremely breakable filter right now. Implementing any changes to it at this point would probably create more issues than it would solve n_n

17 minutes ago, Princessity said:

We've already done all we can on our end to detect ongoing SL scenes (as in, every animated event in DD checks for Sexlab.AnimatingFaction and does not fire if actor is already "reserved" by another mod) and we also use the same faction to inform other mods when ongoing events are underway.

Conflicts can only occur if whatever mod triggers your SL scenes does not respect Sexlab.AnimatingFaction and tries to force its functionality with no regard for already existing reservations.

Thanks for the reply. I've noticed PetCollar has just been updated again, so I'll give the new version a go and then ask in its topic if it's still happening.

Looking forward to the full release of this. Thanks to the team for all the work. There's clearly been a lot of it!

I have an issue with any armbinders.

I can't jump and when I trying to escape, popup menu shows, like in dd3. But all hard bondage restraints works good (steel shakles works fine too).

Another one small issue is when you wear straitjacket and try to put catsuit, you get popup message like "It's imposible to wear multiple Catsuits...". But when you wear Catsuit and try to put straitjacket, nothing happens. Any popups messages, nothing.

TESV 2017-12-02 14-35-45-482.jpg

TESV 2017-12-02 14-35-56-229.jpg

TESV 2017-12-02 14-21-40-899.jpg

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎01 at 12:07 AM, Princessity said:

Also I addressed your hotkey issue (or I hope I did) could you test it for me please when you have a minute? ^^

I spoke too soon. It fixed the issue for equipping weapons in heavy bondage, but broke the fix kimy made for this item.

EDIT: Suggestion for a fix...

If a menu is open... prevent equip of stuff

If a menu is not open (thus only script could be doing it)... prevent equip of weapons only

Currently I make sure no menu is open before my script triggers which was done in conjunction with Kimy's fix to solve the linked issue.

This wont prevent someone from hot-keying non-weapons but preventing script from equipping is way too evasive and breaks my mod in multiple ways (and I'm sure other mods).

8 hours ago, Dust89 said:

I have an issue with any armbinders.

I can't jump and when I trying to escape, popup menu shows, like in dd3. But all hard bondage restraints works good (steel shakles works fine too).

Another one small issue is when you wear straitjacket and try to put catsuit, you get popup message like "It's imposible to wear multiple Catsuits...". But when you wear Catsuit and try to put straitjacket, nothing happens. Any popups messages, nothing.

TESV 2017-12-02 14-35-45-482.jpg

TESV 2017-12-02 14-35-56-229.jpg

TESV 2017-12-02 14-21-40-899.jpg

You're still in the LAL starting cell. Did you save and reload the game before trying on any devices? DD only initialises most of its functions after the first reload.

2 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

I spoke too soon. It fixed the issue for equipping weapons in heavy bondage, but broke the fix kimy made for this item.

EDIT: Suggestion for a fix...

If a menu is open... prevent equip of stuff

If a menu is not open (thus only script could be doing it)... prevent equip of weapons only

Currently I make sure no menu is open before my script triggers which was done in conjunction with Kimy's fix to solve the linked issue.

This wont prevent someone from hot-keying non-weapons but preventing script from equipping is way too evasive and breaks my mod in multiple ways (and I'm sure other mods).

Okay I'll look into it.

16 hours ago, SleepyJim said:

Thanks for the reply. I've noticed PetCollar has just been updated again, so I'll give the new version a go and then ask in its topic if it's still happening.

Looking forward to the full release of this. Thanks to the team for all the work. There's clearly been a lot of it!

Correction: Apparently DD only detects the sexlab animating faction but doesn't add acotrs to it. It uses its own (zadAnimatingFaction) instead.

Experimentally, I'm going to expand the function to use both factions. Hopefully that should reduce the incidence of conflicts between DD and DD-unaware but SL-aware mods without breaking too many things.

UPDATE!

A new DDi build is available, addressing recently reported issues:

• NPCs should no longer play dialogue/random idles while bound
  • Script-equipped items should again be able to bypass the bound equip filter, with the exception of weapons, spells and torches which are always intercepted to prevent hotkey cheese
  • DD events now also add actors to the Sexlab animating faction (in addition to the DD faction) for better compatibility with DD-unaware mods

@VirginMarie I implemented your idea, hopefully 3 times the charm? n_n

5 hours ago, Princessity said:

@VirginMarie I implemented your idea, hopefully 3 times the charm? n_n

Much appreciated. 

Tests while wearing a yoke:

1. Script equip & un-equip 3 different non-DD items - allowed - pass
  2. Attempt to hot key equip & draw daggers - insta un-equip and can fight unarmed - pass
  3. Attempt to manual equip daggers - insta un-equip - pass
  4. Attempt to manual equip necklace and some clothing - insta un-equip - pass
  5. Attempt to manual un-equip necklace and some clothing - allowed - intended behavior? don't know. I believe this is how it behaved last two releases too but not sure

Not sure if there's more use cases that matter, like hot key clothing items? I did not try. I did try scripted DD items but they were never an issue and still worked fine.

If a menu is open, the script for #1 waits till closed (otherwise I assume results would be the same as #4 and #5). 

EDIT:

6. Attempt manual equip of a DD harness - allowed - intended behavior? don't know

7. Attempt manual un-equip of a DD harness - not allowed (pop-up message) - pass

Sadly there's nothing we can do about hotkeyed clothing at this time. Hotkeys = scripted equip as far as the game is concerned so we can allow neither of those things or both but we can't distinguish between them.

But I'm happy the current setup works for you ^^ When we get around to expanding bound combat in the next cycle we'll keep these issues in mind.

UPDATE!

DDi and DDx both updated. New game not required but the following changes won't be compatible with existing devices. You need to discard any old devices you have and spawn new instances.

• Added generic messages for equip conflicts/requirements and unequip conflicts so users know why they can't equip/remove a particular device
  • Moved the conflict check before device manipulation menu display to be consistent with the basic "can't equip multiple devices of the same type" message
  • Made Restrictive devices consistent with the rest in terms of names and CK IDs (kof_ -> zadx_)

Found a small texture related error. The elbowbinder inventory 'image' seems to be set to black leather no mater what variant you select.

Also the open straitjacket blocks displaying the bra and belt with the default device hider settings. Is this done to reduce clipping?

On 28/08/2017 at 5:25 PM, Kimy said:

I am pretty sure we didn't add any new devices to the tag library yet. That's usually the very last thing we do before a release. This function is quite certainly not returning all it could at this point.

Am I right in thinking Tags for new devices are still pending implementation?

I was hoping to test these as the mod is in final testing before release but it appears they are not in yet.

A qol request, im sure you know of this. When I try to build the hdt version of most the ddx/dda items the preset field in bodyslide is empty, and when I try to select one I get an empty list. The hdt version of chain harness boots and gloves, the zipsuit and the mwx suit are working as they should. The restrictive set, the chastity items, the leather harness and the piercing all show up with empty preset.

This is only for the hdt version, everything else builds as it should.

Easy enough to fix by downloading gamefevers sliders.

@Princessity / @Kimy

BUG Report:

Not sure if this has been brought up already but it is still happening in the latest version...

• When hand / arms are tied the Player cannot remove items, BUT she can still add items.

To reproduce:

1, Have a gag in inventory
2, Put on straightjacket or armbinder
3, Open inventory and select the gag, it should equip as if the Player is not restrained.

This may be by design but it does seem a little odd that the Player can't use her hands to remove items but she can use her hands to equip items.

Addition Comment:

Found another issue.

• If the player is wearing a Ebonite Rubber Catsuit, the mod allows the player to equip a straightjacket + leg binder or a straightjacket but the restraints to do not show on the player and you can remove them from the inventory without menu prompts to unlock etc.

I assume there should be a check here to prevent the player from equipping full body restraints when wearing a catsuit?

Hello Devs,

it is probably far too late too ask for features, but maybe you will consider. :)

1) It would be awesome if crafting DDs would work like in the Book of UUNP mod. Basically if you don't have the book in your inventory, then the devices won't show up in the crafting menu. The tons of DDs really clog the crafting menu. Even one book would be good with all the items, or 2 for the Assets/Expansion. Or more for smaller categories (Chastity gear, Boots, Sets, etc)

2.) The Device hider should have more slots for the body slot(32). I find the 4 slots not enough. For example: Chastity belt, Chastity Bra, Corset, Nipple Piercing, Clitoris piercing, SoS. So it would be nice if it would be doubled.

3.) Custom Device hider config for selected armors. There are a lot of skimpy armors around in Skyrim, which barely hide anything under it. Either they are sparing with the clothing material, or they are transparent. It would be nice if we could define a set of armors with different hiding rules. I know this might lead to some clipping, but it would be still better. For example it would be logical that chastity gear would be visible under a transparent outfit.

Thanks for considering,

M

18 hours ago, Princessity said:

You're still in the LAL starting cell. Did you save and reload the game before trying on any devices? DD only initialises most of its functions after the first reload.

Yea, I did save and load. I built my game last 4 months and If nobody else doesn't have troubles with armbinders that means this is my problem.

I want to ask something. I look on my papyrus log and found LARGE MESS from another mods. Can it influence on armbinder works?

1 hour ago, monsta88 said:

3.) Custom Device hider config for selected armors. There are a lot of skimpy armors around in Skyrim, which barely hide anything under it. Either they are sparing with the clothing material, or they are transparent. It would be nice if we could define a set of armors with different hiding rules. I know this might lead to some clipping, but it would be still better. For example it would be logical that chastity gear would be visible under a transparent outfit.

I think you can use a nohide keyword, though I'm not 100% sure if that's to make an armor not hide things, or if it's to mark an item to not get hidden.

@Princessity / @Kimy

Question:

When the player is in a straightjacket (either version) and you select "Unlock" from the removal menu, sometimes I am getting this message:

"This restraint has multiple locks.  You do not have the required keys for all the locks."

As far as I can tell DD4 only has the same keys as previous versions, 'Restraints Key' and 'Chastity Key', I have both in my inventory.

What other keys are required?

12 minutes ago, special said:

@Princessity / @Kimy

Question:

When the player is in a straightjacket (either version) and you select "Unlock" from the removal menu, sometimes I am getting this message:

"This restraint has multiple locks.  You do not have the required keys for all the locks."

As far as I can tell DD4 only has the same keys as previous versions, 'Restraints Key' and 'Chastity Key', I have both in my inventory.

What other keys are required?

As far as i did it the straitjacket requires 2 Restraints Keys