Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

Last weekend while testing I noticed that masturbation was still possible while wearing the Breast bondage yoke. And the tab-key did not start the struggle animation.

Not sure if these are bugs, or if it is on the animation to-do list. Anyway, good job on keeping devious devices live and kicking :thumbs-up:

Something that i assume related, but hopefully not exactly the same case:

If i manipulate locks on mittens before equipping them, i can take them off via unlock, but still need several tries with messages that i dropped the key for fails. While i'm fine with the unlock compromise in general, i found that... confusing. wink.png

That's sort of intended. When you manipulate the locks, it will disable THIS lock. But you still need to be able to actually able it to undo it, and other restraints will still behave the way they are normally behaving. E.g. a locked belt would still cover a pair of manipulate plugs. And mittens still behave like mittens.

I do feel like the mittens may need another look, at the very least the messages needs some changes, because they way they are now seems to go against all you've said about wanting to cut down on annoyances and just standing there repeating the same thing until you get out.

Because as I've pointed out in an earlier post: first you have to do the repeated attempts at getting them off, where you either drop the key or get it in the lock.

Once you do, you get a message stating that you unlocked them and they fall off.

But then the new system kicks in, so you'll get a message stating that you didn't get the key in the lock after all.

Next you'll have to wait to try again, though it will let you do the old trying to get the key in anyway.

When you think the wait is over you need to go back to step one and try again, and you better hope you waited long enough, because if you try again too soon you won't know it until you "succeed" in the old system again.

Ultimately this is something I feel is quite an annoyance, not to mention quite a massive bump in difficulty of the mittens.

So I would like to ask the team to please take another look at them.

EDIT: At the very least, it would be nice if the chances of passing the "old" system could be adjusted to be more forgiving.

One slight issue, however. The new system that prevents certain items being equipped or removed when wearing wrist restraints is a great idea, however it applies to strap-ons equipped by sexlab. While obviously bound characters are less likely to be wearing the strap-on, if they do it gets removed at the start of every animation stage.

Aaaand fixed that!

This feature causes trouble for Shout Like a Virgin. Several non-DD items (Halo, horns, Nocturnal robe, foot decorations) are auto equipped by script, but this feature removes them if wearing heavy bondage.

Maybe you could only execute the feature if the menu is open? That would significantly reduce the problem and eliminate it if I make mine not execute if the menu is open.

One slight issue, however. The new system that prevents certain items being equipped or removed when wearing wrist restraints is a great idea, however it applies to strap-ons equipped by sexlab. While obviously bound characters are less likely to be wearing the strap-on, if they do it gets removed at the start of every animation stage.

Aaaand fixed that!

This feature causes trouble for Shout Like a Virgin. Several non-DD items (Halo, horns, Nocturnal robe, foot decorations) are auto equipped by script, but this feature removes them if wearing heavy bondage.

Maybe you could only execute the feature if the menu is open? That would significantly reduce the problem and eliminate it if I make mine not execute if the menu is open.

I also noticed that with Devious Training pony items are constantly unequiped with an armbinder on. Who knew. Another idea might be to avoid items with the sexlab no strip keywords.

I am so excited to see the new version going online.... thou.. i have a small, very unimportand request.... mumble silently.... could the bulbes from the inflatble plugs be enlarged a bit ?

They allways look so small when dangle between the legs, like operatet only with thumb and forefinger ;) .

I know its a little silly, but i thought i just ask. regards and keep up the nice work........ silently hiding away....

I am so excited to see the new version going online.... thou.. i have a small, very unimportand request.... mumble silently.... could the bulbes from the inflatble plugs be enlarged a bit ?

They allways look so small when dangle between the legs, like operatet only with thumb and forefinger ;) .

I know its a little silly, but i thought i just ask. regards and keep up the nice work........ silently hiding away....

That might be better done as a separate mod to overwrite the meshes and textures of the plug.

I know that at this stage of the development for the new version, it might be unlikely, but in the future, would there be plans to make bondage hoods?

They are actually in. Check the patch notes! :)

That might be better done as a separate mod to overwrite the meshes and textures of the plug.

I don't think this would be overly hard to do, but we need to ask the creator of these items. I don't want to make changes to somebody else's work without their approval.

I don't think this would be overly hard to do, but we need to ask the creator of these items. I don't want to make changes to somebody else's work without their approval.

Yes, i thought it might not be to difficult for someone knowing how to do, else i didnt dare to ask ;) And understand you dont want to change without permission of the creator (was it Zadil ? ) Thx for recognizing at all ! regards

Pardon me if this has been asked and answered already, but are there any plans to allow the crafting of the new devices in this new version of DDi/DDx? Or is the only way to obtain them gonna involve other mods or cheating them in?

Crafting hasn't been updated in DD since quite a while ago, so none of the new items, including some or all(?) from DD3.x, don't have crafting recipes. This most likely won't change until the release, acquiring the items through other mods or adding them to your inventory manually are your only options (AddItemMenu mod is strongly recommended for that.)

So, I installed the development files and tried to start the game, but I got a ”Failed to initialize renderer” error.

So... I restarted my PC and my game is starting fine. Anyway, so far so good.

Also, is it normal that the followers' hands appear to be floaty (as in, the arms are missing, but the hands are still there) if I equip one of them with a straitjacket?

I installed the experimental versions for another mod. I know to do things sequentially so I can isolate when something isn't working great. Well the experimental version of DD expansion is giving me some headache.
The catsuits and straitjackets are not displaying. When I put a catsuit on everything but my characters head, hands, and feet disappear. And when I put on a straitjacket everything but the head and feet disappear.

Are there any extra required mods outside of the released versions I should have installed for this?
Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

I've got CBBE and Bodyslide up to date.

EDIT: This was with a clean save

I installed the experimental versions for another mod. I know to do things sequentially so I can isolate when something isn't working great. Well the experimental version of DD expansion is giving me some headache.

The catsuits and straitjackets are not displaying. When I put a catsuit on everything but my characters head, hands, and feet disappear. And when I put on a straitjacket everything but the head and feet disappear.

Are there any extra required mods outside of the released versions I should have installed for this?

You say you've got bodyslide up to date, but did you build the items in bodyslide?

You say you've got bodyslide up to date, but did you build the items in bodyslide?

I did not do that.

And now that I have everything shows up.

Thanks so much!

short question.

since more and more mods getting their advanced functionality back thanks to skse64 alpha, how likely is it that dd will become compatible with sse?

As SKSE and SkyUI are still in a very alpha stage I don't think that will happen any time soon. I think we would need to wait if SexLab itself can even be ported before moving on to other sex mods.

What's the difference between the current gag dialogue system and the upcoming one?

We will add new options to the dialogue to allow it generally much faster to complete, and not having to go through 10-20 lines of dialogue each time. Depending on the gag, speaking will be either totally impossible (strict/hard gags) or always succeed (less strict/easy gags), but with a heavy penalty to Speech. The latter can be avoided by having writing utensils. which also allows "speaking" through strict gags if your wrists aren't tied. Writing utensils can be crafted from scrap material.

I know I'm late for that, but would using writing ustensils allow you to order a follower who is gagged around while your character herself is gagged?

I know that at this stage of the development for the new version, it might be unlikely, but in the future, would there be plans to make bondage hoods?

Hoods and catsuits have been available since late 2014 with official keywords added by Zadil and Min in early 2015 at my request.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/40383-devious-extras/

Just a small thing, but after equipping any hoods that act as gags, the chin seems to clip out of the bottom. Would it be possible to not apply the "mouth open" animation, since the mouth wouldn't be visible anyway?

The dev team would need to make some adjustments so the mouth would not be put in the open position while the hood is on. There are keywords in ZAZ Animation Pack (zbfAnimMouthShout and zbfEffectOpenMouth) that keep the mouth closed while a gag is worn but since they dropped ZAP those are no longer an option for them.

Hoods and catsuits have been available since late 2014 with official keywords added by Zadil and Min in early 2015 at my request.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/40383-devious-extras/

Just a small thing, but after equipping any hoods that act as gags, the chin seems to clip out of the bottom. Would it be possible to not apply the "mouth open" animation, since the mouth wouldn't be visible anyway?

The dev team would need to make some adjustments so the mouth would not be put in the open position while the hood is on. There are keywords in ZAZ Animation Pack (zbfAnimMouthShout and zbfEffectOpenMouth) that keep the mouth closed while a gag is worn but since they dropped ZAP those are no longer an option for them.

Veladarius, this is something I wanted to ask you about! Only time Ive seen hoods were from Captured Dreams. Glad to see its something your aware of, and thanks for the additional info.