Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

NPC animation block does not work in taverns. Outside tavern works.

Can you specify which inn, which armbinder if not the standard DDi armbinder, and which NPC you saw it on if the NPC was not from the base game?

Mod load order might be important, papyrus might have something useful.

I only saw the animation break once for me, it was a male NPC follower and would only break on COC into inn, not regular door use. Not sure what to make of it, but since it only happens on COC I doubt it's the same bug you have, since adding regular armbinder to NPC and follower in nightgale and banneredmare worked fine.

Solitude, The Winking Skeever, NPC Lisette, Erdi and other visitors. I used "Black Armbinder" and "Yoke (iron)" from DDi (not in one time). Also I tried "Touch of control" spell from DCL.

Same thing in Bannered Mare in Whiterun.

All bound NPC use furniture, sits, cooks etc.

It seems I missed this in previous tests because, if you dismiss a follower in some indoor regions where they did not originate then they don't revert to AI, they just stand there, sometimes watching you. I'm pretty sure this is a bug on my end.

But yes, I get the same bug where NPCs can sit down at chair/bench, and they can sweep the floor in armbinder, cooking, eating bread.

Maybe add the same conditions for those too? They're cosmetic animations so they shouldn't have a larger impact than the current animations we block. The only one I'm worried about is sitting, and I'm curious if we could get around it by just creating an armbinder friendly sitting animation, so that their arms stay in that position while they sit. Not a big deal for benches, chairs are more annoying, but not sure what to do there.

I wonder if we should block eating animations while in a gag, in the same vein?

@Kimy, thanks for implementing the plug/piercing on NPC fix!

• 2 weeks later...

Suggestion (assuming this isn't already planned/implemented) for DD MCM menu. Include the "Lock Shield" option to become inaccessable like "Escape Options" if wearing restraints.

It's actually meant to be, but I will check the code.

Some questions and such on the zad_questitem keyword and the removal command:

- Question - From the looks of the command, the keyword used for the removal token in the command can be any keyword, correct?

- Question - There is only a removal command for this and no equip command, correct?

- Suggestion for Modders - If you are using this you should define your own keyword and continue to use zad_blockgeneric to ID quest items or any mod using the questitem keyword can remove your devices.

- Suggestion to dev team - add a true/false condition to devices (false as base) to identify quest items and what the keyword is to remove them which would also need to be on the scriptinstance item. This would allow modders to easily make quest devices without the hassle of modifying the item's script unless they want additional effects for trying to remove the device or such.

- Question - From the looks of the command, the keyword used for the removal token in the command can be any keyword, correct?

It can not be one of DDI's standard keywords that are expected to be on any DD item anyway. It needs to be a custom keyword.

- Question - There is only a removal command for this and no equip command, correct?

Correct.

- Suggestion for Modders - If you are using this you should define your own keyword and continue to use zad_blockgeneric to ID quest items or any mod using the questitem keyword can remove your devices.

I added awareness of zad_QuestItem to the generic framework functions. They will not try to remove this items (nor could they)

- Suggestion to dev team - add a true/false condition to devices (false as base) to identify quest items and what the keyword is to remove them which would also need to be on the scriptinstance item. This would allow modders to easily make quest devices without the hassle of modifying the item's script unless they want additional effects for trying to remove the device or such.

You do not need to modify the item's script in any shape or fashion. You just put the zad_QuestItem keyword and your "key keyword" on the item.

It can not be one of DDI's standard keywords that are expected to be on any DD item anyway. It needs to be a custom keyword.

I added awareness of zad_QuestItem to the generic framework functions. They will not try to remove this items (nor could they)

You do not need to modify the item's script in any shape or fashion. You just put the zad_QuestItem keyword and your "key keyword" on the item.

So in the function

Function RemoveQuestDevice(actor akActor, armor deviceInventory, armor deviceRendered, keyword zad_DeviousDevice, keyword RemovalToken, bool destroyDevice=false, bool skipMutex=false)

Does the keyword for RemovalToken need to be zad_questitem or something else?

Hi Guys!!

I would like to congratulate everyone for the great work done this year! :D

Devious Devices is forever my favorite Skyrim mod. Even after so long I still feel proud to be part of this amazing community, even though my contribution has not been a big deal, I hope at least I can say all your work is greatly appreciated.

So thank you, guys and girls, from the bottom of my heart, for all the time and work put into this awesome mod! :heart:

A toast to 2017! Let's see what devious adventures the future holds for ours beloved damsels in distress.

Happy holidays to all!! :D

I also tried out new straitjackets (they are very cool, by the way, I already love them), and found some clipping issue in straitjacket dresses' leg binding part. Mostly it noticeable in idle mode.
Here's a screenshot.

tCV3J0wzUuI.jpg

P.S. tested on new game, arm cuffs still shows on their default position, like LazyBoot said. Just tested to be sure it's not only on existing save.

Once upon a time there was a Hood and new, DD-exclusive Pony Boots being worked on. Although it appears Koffii is no longer interested or even around to finish these two projects are there any future plans to add such devices? Either by completing Koffii's work or create all new models?

Messed around with the new straitjacket and legbinder, they're fantastic so far!

I use CBBE Curvy and I didn't notice any clipping on the straitjacket or legbinder, only had the aforementioned issue with the legbinder separating down the middle when not standing still.

Is known when UUNP version of straitjacket will be available ?

They are being worked on. They are done when...they are done! ;)

Once upon a time there was a Hood and new, DD-exclusive Pony Boots being worked on. Although it appears Koffii is no longer interested or even around to finish these two projects are there any future plans to add such devices? Either by completing Koffii's work or create all new models?

Messed around with the new straitjacket and legbinder, they're fantastic so far!

I use CBBE Curvy and I didn't notice any clipping on the straitjacket or legbinder, only had the aforementioned issue with the legbinder separating down the middle when not standing still.

Koffii is not currently making DD items. A Pony gear set is planned by Pincopallino. Work on that hasn't yet started as far as I know, but it's on the to-do list.

Hello :) Thank you for your work on DD*.

I'm new to SexLab & DD, and slowly trying to get into it. Unfortunately, I didn't find any place, where people share built mods combinations (which could be easily copied over vanilla Skyrim, resulting in working modded & stable Skyrim) - is there such place? That's why I decided to try build my own Skyrim+mods setup.

I scanned dependencies for my target mods:

Captured Dreams Shop v4.08 (Updated 11-12-2016)

SexLab v1.62

SexLab Aroused or Aroused Redux

Devious Devices Assets v2.9+

Devious Devices Integration v3.2

Devious Devices Expansion v1.2.3

ZAZ Animation Pack v 6.11 or later

Fus Ro D’oh

SkyUI

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/33986-deviously-cursed-loot-v58-2016-11-17/

Deviously Cursed Loot V5.8 (2016-11-17)

SkyUI

SexLab

SexLab Aroused Redux

ZaZ Animations

HDT Physics Extensions

Devious Devices Assets version 3.0 or higher

Devious Devices Integration version 3.3 or higher

Devious Devices Expansion version 2.0 or higher

Fus Ro D'oh

FNIS version 6.3 or higher

XPMS Skeleton

Racemenu/NiOverride

CBBE/UUNP Bodyslide compatible body (either CBBE or UUNP)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/424-devious-devices-for-the-masses-v304-updated-10-2-16/

Devious Devices - For the Masses v3.04 (Updated 10-2-16) v3 - 1.05

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19865-devious-devices-assets/

Devious Devices (Assets) 3.0e

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/35569-devious-devices-expansion/

Devious Devices - Expansion

DDA v?

DDI v?

Bodyslide and Outfit Studio

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19865-devious-devices-assets/page-154?do=findComment&comment=1741728

Devious Devices - Integration V3.3b (11/18/2016) v3.3b

(available also DeviousDevices-Integration-3.2.7z)

Devious Devices - Assets Version 3 or higher

Zaz Animation Pack 6.11

SexLab 1.6+

SexLab Aroused Redux

FNIS 6.3

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended

Bodyslide and Outfit Studio (guide: http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/371-devious-devices-integration-v33b-11182016/ )

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/150-skyrim-sexlab-sex-animation-framework-v159c-updated-oct-3rd/

Skyrim SexLab - Sex Animation Framework v1.62

XPMSE2/XPMSE3

SkyUI 5.0 OR NEWER

FNIS 5.4.2 OR NEWER

, and have some questions.

1. "Captured Dreams Shop" requires strict DD base versions, which differ from required by "Cursed Loot". Maybe some community members figured out the successful combination of DDA, DDI, DDX and higher DD mods ("Captured Dreams Shop", "Cursed Loot") - such combination, which is stable and compatible?

2. Animations: "Cursed Loot" requires XPMS, but DDI requires XPMSE, latest SexLab wants XPMSE2/XPMSE3. So what should I use for skeleton? I'm also interested in having skeleton, which is supported by good amount animations-packs...

3. Body and meshes: there seems to be 2 main branches for bodies: CBBE and UUNP. There probably are more less-popular bodies, but adapting outfits for them in Bodyslider might be too much work. So I'd better stick to CBBE or UUNP, right? Now in DD* world is there a tendency of one body type to be supported more than other? Again, it would be good to have good set of outfits (not only DD ones) supported...

4. For each of those 3 questions above I wonder if there are fine stable pack shared somewhere. Rich DD* mods pack, rich skeleton & animations pack and/or rich body & outfits pack. If not, is there a reason for that? If someday I succeed in my quest, and share ready-made pack right here on LL forum - would that be against rules or community morale?

Sorry for a bulky question.

Hello :) Thank you for your work on DD*.

I'm new to SexLab & DD, and slowly trying to get into it. Unfortunately, I didn't find any place, where people share built mods combinations (which could be easily copied over vanilla Skyrim, resulting in working modded & stable Skyrim) - is there such place? That's why I decided to try build my own Skyrim+mods setup.

There are no prepackaged mod packs. The main reason for this is the complete mess this would create for updating - most DD mods get updated on a regular basis and the pack would have to update every single time ANY of its parts would update. It's infeasible to keep up with.

1. "Captured Dreams Shop" requires strict DD base versions, which differ from required by "Cursed Loot". Maybe some community members figured out the successful combination of DDA, DDI, DDX and higher DD mods ("Captured Dreams Shop", "Cursed Loot") - such combination, which is stable and compatible?

AFAIK, Captured Dreams supports the newest DD framework versions. The DD team always expects all users and modders to use the newest version of the framework mods ONLY.

2. Animations: "Cursed Loot" requires XPMS, but DDI requires XPMSE, latest SexLab wants XPMSE2/XPMSE3. So what should I use for skeleton? I'm also interested in having skeleton, which is supported by good amount animations-packs...

These are MINIMUM requirements. I am not aware of any DD or SexLab mod not supporting the newest skeleton. It's always good practice to always update any mod you are using to the newest version. Except when it's bugged, but hey,  no rule without exceptions. :D

3. Body and meshes: there seems to be 2 main branches for bodies: CBBE and UUNP. There probably are more less-popular bodies, but adapting outfits for them in Bodyslider might be too much work. So I'd better stick to CBBE or UUNP, right? Now in DD* world is there a tendency of one body type to be supported more than other? Again, it would be good to have good set of outfits (not only DD ones) supported...

PERSONALLY, I prefer UUNP over CBBE HDT. UUNP is a much better body, quality-wisely. DD supports both, though, so the choice is ultimately yours.

4. f someday I succeed in my quest, and share ready-made pack right here on LL forum - would that be against rules or community morale?

Yes. Most mod authors would frown upon that. I remember how popular mod packs were for other games, but the Skyrim community is a bit different in that regard.

Kimy :)

I was thinking in analogy to other composite systems. For example, Ubuntu has few historical stable versions, like 12.04., 14.04., 16.04. Those monsters (in sense of how many components they have) have fixed versions of some base components, - but it doesn't stop Ubuntu devs from moving forward.

Well, I'm not saying Skyrim mods require LTS (like Ubuntu does), nor meaning, that Skyrim mods development needs complex branching. I just think that it would be beneficial for community to "remember success snapshots".

For example:

At some point: "SexLab version A + DDA version B + DDI version C + Cursed Loot version D ... - this setup was observed to be stable",

Later: "However, new SexLab version X got new features foo and bar, and they also changed API slightly, so there's no stable setup for Cursed Loot, which would work with this new SexLab"

Later: "DDI updated to version Y, newr Cursed Loot also available. SexLab version X + DDA version B + DDI version Y + Cursed Loot version Z ... - this setup was observed to be stable".

There are mods, which can't update every time SexLab updates, and there are people, who maybe will sacrifice upgrading to latest SexLab in order to keep ability to use those old mods. For such people knowing stable old setups would be beneficial.

Also from my own experience I know, - there always are people (not everyone!), who are eager to "surf the bleeding edge" (upgrade as often as possible), - so there will always be beta-testers for new versions, I guess...

Kimy :)

I was thinking in analogy to other composite systems. For example, Ubuntu has few historical stable versions, like 12.04., 14.04., 16.04. Those monsters (in sense of how many components they have) have fixed versions of some base components, - but it doesn't stop Ubuntu devs from moving forward.

Well, I'm not saying Skyrim mods require LTS (like Ubuntu does), nor meaning, that Skyrim mods development needs complex branching. I just think that it would be beneficial for community to "remember success snapshots".

For example:

At some point: "SexLab version A + DDA version B + DDI version C + Cursed Loot version D ... - this setup was observed to be stable",

Later: "However, new SexLab version X got new features foo and bar, and they also changed API slightly, so there's no stable setup for Cursed Loot, which would work with this new SexLab"

Later: "DDI updated to version Y, newr Cursed Loot also available. SexLab version X + DDA version B + DDI version Y + Cursed Loot version Z ... - this setup was observed to be stable".

There are mods, which can't update every time SexLab updates, and there are people, who maybe will sacrifice upgrading to latest SexLab in order to keep ability to use those old mods. For such people knowing stable old setups would be beneficial.

Also from my own experience I know, - there always are people (not everyone!), who are eager to "surf the bleeding edge" (upgrade as often as possible), - so there will always be beta-testers for new versions, I guess...

What is "observed to be stable" by one person is a "bugfest from hell" to someone else. If people were installing a "pack" and nothing else it might make a difference but with the tens of thousands of mods available for Skyrim very very few people will ever run a pack and nothing but that pack.

Add in more mods and you get unexpected interactions and conflicts.

WaxenFigure  :)

Let's pretend I would like to have 3 high-level mods in my Skyrim: Cursed Loot, SexAddict and RapeTattoos. Each of them requires mod "MakeEverythingCool".

Latest version of "MakeEverythingCool" = v9.
Stability points for "Cursed Loot": MakeEverythingCool v1, v2, v3, v4, v5, v6
Stability points for "SexAddict":   MakeEverythingCool             v4, v5, v6
Stability points for "RapeTattoos": MakeEverythingCool v1, v3,     v4,         v7

So knowing stuff above would allow me decide to use MakeEverythingCool v4 - since it's stable for all I'm interested in.
(Of course this doesn't solve cases, when mods conflict with each other, but still much better than no info at all.)

This is a very general discussion that has little to do with DD development in particular. It also has been addressed a great many times in various places on this forum.

My 2 (final) cents:

If somebody would want to start a "compatibility guide" for major mods and keep it updated, they are most welcome to do so (be warned that even THAT would be a full time job, as dozens and hundreds of mod combinations would need to be tested and retested on an ongoing basis). Mod packs are just out of the question at this point. The massive technical challenges aside, but getting the permissions alone would be a futile endeavor and many, many Skyrim modders would flat out not give it anyway. For DD alone, you'd have to ask about a dozen different people who contributed stuff over time. It will just not happen.

My general advice to users is:

- Always install the newest version of any mod.

- Read the manual of any mod you are installing. Yes, really. Aside from lots of people installing them wrong when not reading the instructions, known incompatibilities are very often listed right there.

- Keep the number of installed mods reasonable. More mods = more potential clashes,

- Do not use abandoned mods. While some of them continue to work fine years after their authors walked away from them, many do not and will break stuff left and right in your installation.

Hi all,

With a little free time on my hand and no currently ongoing playthrough, I wanted to give the dev version of DD a try.

Pincopallino, you have outdone yourself (again) with the straightjackets. They look so very cool in the game.

As this is the beta thread, I'd like to leave some feedback. Though try as I might I couldn't find any bugs, :cool: some more general remarks will have to suffice. You guys should work a bit less careful next time so that us poor normal users can submit some actual bug reports. :angel:

Some things I've observed when playing with the dev. version of DDi/e:

- the "closed" versions of the straightjacket bodyslide amazingly well to my UUNPB-HDT preset with morphs (only very minor clipping around the butt)

- the "visible arm cuffs" issue that others reported before can be worked around by using the Device Hider in its default "+long hair" slot

- there is no dialog with NPCs to talk your way out of the straightjacket similar to the armbinder (maybe just not implemented yet?) which I guess makes it impossible to get out of it when using the "manipulate locks" option

And not specifically about the straightjackets, I've also noticed that:

- maybe this is as intended, but the "lock shield" feature (which I absolutely love btw) can be toggled on and off while wearing restraints... good for emergencies, bad for role playing :blush: -- that's btw also happening in the last stable release

- when equipping NPCs and followers with extreme hobble dresses, they occasionally "forget" their alternate animations after a while, usually after going through load doors, and keep walking normally from then on. When checking them in console, they then also have all their DD active effects removed from them (not just the hobble dress script, all DD active effects). I had set the "slotted NPCs" to a high number for this test.

- also, when equipping an NPC/follower with extreme hobble dress, a small pop up comes up that shows no text but only an "OK" button. clicking that equips the dress on the character though and they switch to the dress's walk/hop animation.

Is there anything you'd like me to check again or look closer at? Just let me know.

AFAIK, Captured Dreams supports the newest DD framework versions. The DD team always expects all users and modders to use the newest version of the framework mods ONLY.

CD is compatible with the latest versions of the core DD mods except when:

1 - Items from other mods that are supposed to be able to be removed have the new "zad_Questitem" keyword, the current CD removal function does not have the ability to remove them since it requires the use of a new command.

2 - The new items are not available for purchase. They may be used in the punishments where random generically keyed items are added to the player as this uses tags to select items. Any new items with a DD tag is available for Master to use.

I am working on getting the first item updated but there are a number of scripts to go through as some are scattered among dialogue and scenes. The second will be a bit easier to remedy though I will be looking to add exemptions to the selection process to skip the more severe items.