Devious Devices Public Beta Testing Thread
Welcome to the discussion about devious lockable things (that might or might not work correctly yet)!
First things first, here are some guidelines:
1. This thread is about the DEVELOPMENT build of the Devious Devices Framework ONLY. Please do NOT post bugs or other feedback about the current RELEASE version here. They go in their respective support threads and nowhere else! If you are looking for the release versions, that's where they are:
- Devious Devices Assets: http://www.loverslab...devices-assets/
- Devious Devices Integration: http://www.loverslab...ation-12092014/
- Devious Devices Expansion: http://www.loverslab...expansion-v116/
We will absolutely and totally ignore any discussion related to the current release versions posted here!!! You will also be mocked, put in a yoke and be sentenced to three extra hours of Prison Overhaul!
2. Everyone is welcome to participate in the public beta. No experience required. The only thing required is being courageous - as in willingness to install unstable software and take crashes and broken savegames like a champ! If you mind that, beta testing is not for you.
3. Both bug reports and feature/item suggestions are welcome here. Please note that we might or might not implement any suggestions at our own discretion. If you post a bug report please make sure to include a COMPLETE Papyrus log (no snippets, please - they are less helpful than you think!) of the session the bug occurred in. We need the log to track down the issue more often than not.
4. The development repository is hosted on GitHub. Everyone can download the files (just export them as a zip).
- DD Integration: https://github.com/DeviousDevices/DDi/
- DD Expansion: https://github.com/DeviousDevices/DDx/
- DD Assets: https://github.com/DeviousDevices/DDa/
That's how you download an archive from GitHub as a zip:
You can install the archive using your favourite mod manager in the very same way you'd install any other mod. Do NOT install these files manually, as you might find it very hard to remove them again. And in case we didn't mention it, this stuff is not stable!
You can also open bug reports by opening an issue in the appropriate GitHub dev repository. We'll process that as well. If you are able to (all it takes is having an account on GitHub), we actually prefer it this way!
As a beta tester, I hope we don't have to tell you this, but after installing a new build, you NEED to run FNIS and you NEED to run Bodyslide if any new gear was added. Don't derp, it's enough if we do it.
5. Yes, you CAN contribute fixes directly to GitHub if you want to. The procedure for this is uploading patches via creating a pull request. We'll review your patch and merge it if it solves the issue, doesn't break any innocent code and meets our quality standards.
6. If you want to contribute new features etc. post your idea here and mention your willingness to implement them. We will discuss the feature in the development team and get in touch with you if we want to go ahead with it.
7. Please don't, as in really DO NOT PM any member of the DD team with bug reports. We will ignore and delete them without any mercy whatsoever. Post them here or open an issue in GitHub. Just. Do. Not. PM. Bugs.
8. If you are a coder, modeller or animator and want to contribute to DD as a permanent member of the dev team: PM me and we will talk about it.
9. We will occasionally ask for specific things to test. It would be awesome if you would!
10. Current DD developers are
- Kimy (lead maintainer, coder)
- Princessity (coder)
- Pincopallino (modeller)
- Feuertin (aka Supertin) (animator)
- Heretical (modeller)
DD was founded by Min and Zadil, both of whom shall be forever honored in the Hall of Bondage Fame!
Past Contributors: Coopervane, Koffii, Aelie, zenetx, Srende, Lordescobar666, xaz, Cedec0