HKo's first try to create something for the community

HKo_83

I've been hooked to sims since the first generation, and now as the fourth generation is getting EA made stuff I decided to give it a try...

And because more and more of great modders are moving to TS4, I'll try to spice up my old TS3 and hpe to create something to share...

post-1245992-0-62084600-1480117181_thumb.jpg

Well, at least starting position is set... just couple of frames to go...

Looking forward to seeing your first official release!  We really need more animators working on TS3 since we've lost so many recently.  Maybe if you have the time you could keep some notes as you learn and eventually make an animator's guide or something to help get more people into it.  I took a stab at Blender some time ago but apart from some poses I had a hard time getting anywhere near the level of quality that people like Mike24, TheMaster, Amra72 and L666 were making.

you should ask mike24 he may offer you some good advice. I like what i seen

Have to send him a pm soon, if I can't progress. but for now the animations I've been able to "complete" are very stiff looking and full of clipping issues, have to fix those first...

Oh, Hko83!

That ´s very interesting! My best wishes for you and your work!!!!!

Thank you! :)

Looking forward to seeing your first official release!  We really need more animators working on TS3 since we've lost so many recently.  Maybe if you have the time you could keep some notes as you learn and eventually make an animator's guide or something to help get more people into it.  I took a stab at Blender some time ago but apart from some poses I had a hard time getting anywhere near the level of quality that people like Mike24, TheMaster, Amra72 and L666 were making.

The lost of animators were the reason I sat down to my PC and started seeing if it's as hard as I thought. 

Youtube has been the most helpful place to find out how to actually get animations going on, but as it is one joint at the time and a lot of r key followed by x y and z it's very time consuming to get them look even close to actual human movements. 

As I live in northern scandinavia, all there is to do (after work) is to listen heavy metal and play with blender at this time of the year. I believe I may have something finished done around late jan/ early feb ( to give my self some goals ;) ) happy simming and merry x-mass to ya all! 

• 2 months later...

post-1245992-0-58552300-1487785303_thumb.jpg

Slowly, getting something done... (the list is saved blend files, not completed animations...)

to do:

- XML (still not getting how it's completed...)

- Some stages for continuity in animations...

- figuring out the "adding voice" part of the xml and stbl stuff

and testing the whole stuff...

edit: btw, It took me some time to find this treat... but can someone move this into TS3??? as I have no idea how to work the 4th generation...

• 1 month later...

TS3 waits animations to be actually included in game, kw clip package and xml package has been created, but don't work yet... And as I'm waiting more information and help on that problem, I just installed new set of blender tools for TS4

post-1245992-0-54668600-1491496263_thumb.jpg

And tested a little bit on how these rigs work...

Guest Redabyss

TS3 waits animations to be actually included in game, kw clip package and xml package has been created, but don't work yet... And as I'm waiting more information and help on that problem, I just installed new set of blender tools for TS4

attachicon.gifAnim1teaser.jpg

Well done.

For your help: my guide contains some tips on how to do animations, plus you can use this thread to post your progresses/ask help: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/71523-the-general-wip-thread-for-content-creators/page-1

attachicon.gifAnim1teaser.jpg

Well done.

For your help: my guide contains some tips on how to do animations, plus you can use this thread to post your progresses/ask help: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/71523-the-general-wip-thread-for-content-creators/page-1

For once in life time I actually have been more reading, than doing... And thanks for the guide, it was helpfull, allthou I've been doin more TS3 animations, than releasing, so actual animating isn't "problem"

post-1245992-0-64319600-1491515767_thumb.jpgpost-1245992-0-76889600-1491515768_thumb.jpg

Keeping it simple might do some hardtime on this one... Just love the cartoony characters too much to keep it tidy and nice

Oh snaps!!! Its 1:00am and I'm still laughing my butt off with the faces of TS4 rigs... Well, progress that happened tonight... Actually 1 quick masturbation animation (only 200frames)

and this sidewaysmissionary thingy 475 (NOT complites yet) has been done...

Most probably will continue with my sims3 developing this wknd, but as I get all stuff working, maybe something more hilarious stuff will come in your way!

Archived