12 hours ago, Vachnic said:

Sorry for the late response.

No, you are not supposed to be able to fast travel to the village from the start. Unless you used a console code to show all landmarks after you installed it.

It sounds like another mod is preventing from the quests to start. Or perhaps something went wrong during the initial mod installation.

Do you use a mod manager to install mods? And if so, which one?

Have you tried reinstalling the mod to see if it will work then? It might be a good idea to also do a "clean save" before you try reinstalling.

a small guide to make a clean save:

Hide contents

Clean install:

- Start the last save and take everything you may have stored in the mod space back in to inventory or it will probably be lost!

- Make a new save (NO QUICKSAVE) And make the save away from the mod area!

- uninstall the old version of the mod

- start the last save, click away the warning about the missing mod.

- wait in world for a few minutes so scripts can run their course

- download Fallrim Tools/ Re-Saver and install (needs Java, follow instructions on the Fallrim Tools page)

- run Re-Saver on the last made save

- remove "Unattached instances", "Undefined elements" and "purify formlists". Do NOT use the last cleaning option!

- save the cleaned save-file and close Re-Saver

- re-install the mod or install the new version of the mod

- start game with the cleaned save-file and (hopefully enjoy)

if that still doesn't work, please let me know and send me your logs (as attachments) so I can hopefully figure out why it won't start.

=Edit=

Oops. I assumed this was in the Special Editions part of the mods. in the clean save guide, replace the fallrim tools with save cleaner. the rest is the same.

I used Nexus Mod Manager to install the mod. I did what you said and cleaned the save but it still doesn't work. I can still fast travel to the village. You want the papyrusutildev log right?

PapyrusUtilDev.log

2 minutes ago, typoking1107 said:

I used Nexus Mod Manager to install the mod. I did what you said and cleaned the save but it still doesn't work. I can still fast travel to the village. You want the papyrusutildev log right?

Nope, I meant the papyrus.0.log. You probably don't have papyrus logging on though, unless you turned it on in the skyrim.ini.

First check in your C:\Users\[pc name]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Logs\Script-folder to see if you have any logs there (or even that folder for that matter). If you have that, send me the papyrus.0.log file there.

If you don't have any logs there, you have to, temporarily, turn on papyrus logging in your skyrim.ini file in the game directory.

Open the skyrim.ini with notepad and look for the [Papyrus]  section (usually at the bottom of the text. Then set "bEnableLogging=0" to "bEnableLogging=1" and save.

Start the game with the cleaned save you made (so away from the village), wait a few minutes, then go to the village and wait a few minutes there, so the scripts can do their thing.

Then close the game and find the papyrus.0.log file in the directory I mentioned above and send that to me.

When we are done troubleshooting you can change the skyrim.ini back to where it says "bEnableLogging=0" (and save).

4 hours ago, Vachnic said:

Nope, I meant the papyrus.0.log. You probably don't have papyrus logging on though, unless you turned it on in the skyrim.ini.

First check in your C:\Users\[pc name]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Logs\Script-folder to see if you have any logs there (or even that folder for that matter). If you have that, send me the papyrus.0.log file there.

If you don't have any logs there, you have to, temporarily, turn on papyrus logging in your skyrim.ini file in the game directory.

Open the skyrim.ini with notepad and look for the [Papyrus]  section (usually at the bottom of the text. Then set "bEnableLogging=0" to "bEnableLogging=1" and save.

Start the game with the cleaned save you made (so away from the village), wait a few minutes, then go to the village and wait a few minutes there, so the scripts can do their thing.

Then close the game and find the papyrus.0.log file in the directory I mentioned above and send that to me.

When we are done troubleshooting you can change the skyrim.ini back to where it says "bEnableLogging=0" (and save).

Oh, sorry. My bad. Here's the correct log.

Papyrus.0.log

29 minutes ago, typoking1107 said:

Oh, sorry. My bad. Here's the correct log.

Papyrus.0.log

Hoo boy... That log is a bit of a mess ?.

Not only do the Cocksmen Village scripts not get bound, this also happens with quite a few other mods.

So a few questions:

- have you run LOOT on your modlist to sort it?

- have you used Wrye bash to make a bashed patch?

- how many mods do you have installed?

- have you added and removed scripted mods on the save file you are using?

- do you have the Unofficial Skyrim Patches installed?

Also, can you try starting a new game to see if it will work then? I am not familiar with how NMM works, so I don't know how easy it would be to make a new game or how that works. Make a backup of your saved games just to be sure though.

Leave the skyrim.ini set to enabled logging and send me the papyrus.0.log when you have visited the village and waited there a few minutes. 2-5 minutes should be long enough.

46 minutes ago, Vachnic said:

Hoo boy... That log is a bit of a mess ?.

Not only do the Cocksmen Village scripts not get bound, this also happens with quite a few other mods.

So a few questions:

- have you run LOOT on your modlist to sort it?

- have you used Wrye bash to make a bashed patch?

- how many mods do you have installed?

- have you added and removed scripted mods on the save file you are using?

- do you have the Unofficial Skyrim Patches installed?

Also, can you try starting a new game to see if it will work then? I am not familiar with how NMM works, so I don't know how easy it would be to make a new game or how that works. Make a backup of your saved games just to be sure though.

Leave the skyrim.ini set to enabled logging and send me the papyrus.0.log when you have visited the village and waited there a few minutes. 2-5 minutes should be long enough.

Actually, trying it on a new save was one of the first things I did. (Well, a vanilla save I downloaded from the nexus anyways...)

Yes I've used LOOT, though I don't know what Wyre bash is.

I certainly have added and later removed scripted mods on this save file, but that's mostly because I reached the mod limit of 255. Plus, most of the scripted mods I removed didn't require Papyrus and SKSE, they were just small quest mods on the workshop.

I'm currently on 253 mods (I think most of them are armor mods).

I also have the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.

Here's the log.

Papyrus.0.log

3 hours ago, typoking1107 said:

Actually, trying it on a new save was one of the first things I did. (Well, a vanilla save I downloaded from the nexus anyways...)

Yes I've used LOOT, though I don't know what Wyre bash is.

I certainly have added and later removed scripted mods on this save file, but that's mostly because I reached the mod limit of 255. Plus, most of the scripted mods I removed didn't require Papyrus and SKSE, they were just small quest mods on the workshop.

I'm currently on 253 mods (I think most of them are armor mods).

I also have the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.

Here's the log.

I... am kinda stumped. What I can gather from the papyrus log, is that it isn't recognizing the scripts from Cocksmen and several other mods you have installed. But I have no idea why.

My first thought was that you were perhaps over the mod limit. But 253 mods is high, but still within the limit.

Other thought was that the mod list wasn't sorted properly. But you have run LOOT.

Yet another thought was left-over "debris" from scripted mods. Maybe you could do another clean with Save Cleaner and using all the options to clear the "debris" and trying again. With Save Cleaner you can use all the options to clean (unlike Resaver for SkyrimSE).

So yeah, I am not sure what to tell you. I am pretty sure it isn't the mod, because, as far as I know, no-one else has had these problems with it. Some quests can get stuck, but in the log is shows that none of the scripts are starting.

Another thing you could try is putting the mod as absolute last in the modlist, despite of where LOOT places it.

Or try redownloading the mod.

And are you sure you have all the requirements installed. And their requirements. And, I don't know, FNIS? (grasping at straws here)

Now Wrye Bash is a program that lets you "bash" mods together merging them into one Bashed Patch which contains the neccessary information for the mods to still run. After you done this, it will disable the original esps, so you open up more mod slots (lowering your mod count). You can check it out on Nexus here. And there is a pictorial guide on how to use it to make bashed patches here. It is entirely up to you if you want to use it or not.

Other than the things above, I am unfortunately not sure what I can tell you to get the mod working. ☹️

21 minutes ago, Vachnic said:

I... am kinda stumped. What I can gather from the papyrus log, is that it isn't recognizing the scripts from Cocksmen and several other mods you have installed. But I have no idea why.

My first thought was that you were perhaps over the mod limit. But 253 mods is high, but still within the limit.

Other thought was that the mod list wasn't sorted properly. But you have run LOOT.

Yet another thought was left-over "debris" from scripted mods. Maybe you could do another clean with Save Cleaner and using all the options to clear the "debris" and trying again. With Save Cleaner you can use all the options to clean (unlike Resaver for SkyrimSE).

So yeah, I am not sure what to tell you. I am pretty sure it isn't the mod, because, as far as I know, no-one else has had these problems with it. Some quests can get stuck, but in the log is shows that none of the scripts are starting.

Another thing you could try is putting the mod as absolute last in the modlist, despite of where LOOT places it.

Or try redownloading the mod.

And are you sure you have all the requirements installed. And their requirements. And, I don't know, FNIS? (grasping at straws here)

Now Wrye Bash is a program that lets you "bash" mods together merging them into one Bashed Patch which contains the neccessary information for the mods to still run. After you done this, it will disable the original esps, so you open up more mod slots (lowering your mod count). You can check it out on Nexus here. And there is a pictorial guide on how to use it to make bashed patches here. It is entirely up to you if you want to use it or not.

Other than the things above, I am unfortunately not sure what I can tell you to get the mod working. ☹️

Don't feel too bad about not getting it figured out, and thanks for trying to help. If I manage to figure out what's going on I'll be sure to let you know.

Anyways, thanks again! ?

Hey there. First Things first, Thanks for the amazing work/mod.

I encountered a little problem: after entering the village and talking to the innkeeper/having sex with the twins the quest got stuck or something. i left the village waited a few days made some quests (got the dragon stone for farengar, killed the dragon etc.) but i still have the quest "of cocks and men" with the part talking to the innkeeper beingmarked as  done. am i missing something? do i need to progress further in the overall main story?

Excuse my horrific english iam a little out of practice ?

Edit: Nvm i figured it out for iam genious, not :D For some Reason my brain thought this works witch skyrim se don't ask me why for i don't know ?

19 hours ago, Cassler said:

Hey there. First Things first, Thanks for the amazing work/mod.

I encountered a little problem: after entering the village and talking to the innkeeper/having sex with the twins the quest got stuck or something. i left the village waited a few days made some quests (got the dragon stone for farengar, killed the dragon etc.) but i still have the quest "of cocks and men" with the part talking to the innkeeper beingmarked as  done. am i missing something? do i need to progress further in the overall main story?

Excuse my horrific english iam a little out of practice ?

Edit: Nvm i figured it out for iam genious, not :D For some Reason my brain thought this works witch skyrim se don't ask me why for i don't know ?

Sorry for the late reply.

If you are usung Skyrim SE, then you will need this version of the mod :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, in first thanks for this great mod and in second sorry for my bad English ?

I have a problem for create the potion the fanar asked for (blood of God), by mistake I used ingrédients (in English) for another potion, my game is in french and the others ingrédients I want use are now in french but for make the potion I need the ingrédients name in English...

Have you got a solution?

Thanks.

• 10 months later...

Hi, me again. I managed to get the mod working after reinstalling it a while later, and I even did a quick check on an older save to see if the quest started worked and yep, everything was fine and I was even able to have sex with the twins, but because I was in the middle of another rather intensive quest mod at the time, I decided to finish that first. Well low and behold, I finally got around to doing Cocksmen, only now the sex scenes don't play. (This only applies to Cocksmen, sex scenes triggered by other mods work fine.) It just skips to the dialog right after and I can't even activate the Talos statue because of this. It even does it on the older save I mentioned. I'm not sure what's going on here. I thought the issue was that Loot moved it further up my load order than it was originally so I fixed that and still nothing. What could be the problem here?

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a question: I am not sure if it's part of the quest but after going to sleep I got summoned by some Daedric lords that wanted to have a go at the Chosen of Talos, so far so good, but when I was done they said I woild be leaving with a parting gift, and since they my characters arousal it's stuck at max, I can seem to be able to remove it since if my character has sex he will get "My desires are satisfied" message and then "My desires are driving me..." and back to 100 Arousal. 

So my question is: Is this intended and I need to continue the story and I can get rid of it or it's something bugged?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...