Having trouble with the Blood of a God quest, I went and got all the items and then... nothing. No more quest markers, the steward has no dialogue, I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to do or if it glitched. REALLY enjoying it until now, even jumped to an earlier save to make sure I didn't accidentally screw up somehow with the men.

Hmm, that is strange.

Are you sure you got all 5 of the items?

Did you get the quest update to go back to the steward?

Another thing you could try before creating the potion is checking if the quest has updated after you got the final item:

Open the console (typically the tilde (~) key) and type getstage CVTalos2. It should say that stage 40 is active. If it doesn't say stage 40, you can try updating the quest yourself by typing setstage CVTalos2 40. But only do this if you are 100% sure you have all 5 items!

If all else fails, you could try making the potion without talking to the steward first. Go into the manor and use the cookpot there to make the potion. The potion is called Blood of Talos and should be listed and enabled in the cooking list, if you got all the items.

I hope this helps. :)

Having trouble with the Blood of a God quest, I went and got all the items and then... nothing. No more quest markers, the steward has no dialogue, I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to do or if it glitched. REALLY enjoying it until now, even jumped to an earlier save to make sure I didn't accidentally screw up somehow with the men.

Hmm, that is strange.

Are you sure you got all 5 of the items?

Did you get the quest update to go back to the steward?

Another thing you could try before creating the potion is checking if the quest has updated after you got the final item:

Open the console (typically the tilde (~) key) and type getstage CVTalos2. It should say that stage 40 is active. If it doesn't say stage 40, you can try updating the quest yourself by typing setstage CVTalos2 40. But only do this if you are 100% sure you have all 5 items!

If all else fails, you could try making the potion without talking to the steward first. Go into the manor and use the cookpot there to make the potion. The potion is called Blood of Talos and should be listed and enabled in the cooking list, if you got all the items.

I hope this helps. :)

Very helpful, thanks! I definitely have all five men ticked off in my quest log and I ran getstage and it returned stage 30. Ran setstage and got Talk to Fanar and the appropriate quest marker. Successfully made Blood of Talos. 

Not sure why the quest line broke the way it did, I can toss you my mod list if you think it might help figure it out, if you'd like.

And thanks very much for the speedy reply!

[snipped]

Very helpful, thanks! I definitely have all five men ticked off in my quest log and I ran getstage and it returned stage 30. Ran setstage and got Talk to Fanar and the appropriate quest marker. Successfully made Blood of Talos. 

Not sure why the quest line broke the way it did, I can toss you my mod list if you think it might help figure it out, if you'd like.

And thanks very much for the speedy reply!

I am not really surprised that sometimes quests don't update properly. Even non-modded Skyrim has that happen. It is one of those free built-in quirks that we all, um... love so much. Maybe a hagraven somewhere in Skyrim farted in the wrong direction, which caused the last item you got to smell differently, so the quest didn't update properly. Who knows, right?

I am glad you managed to continue with the quest. Enjoy the rest of the mod :)

I am not really surprised that sometimes quests don't update properly. Even non-modded Skyrim has that happen. It is one of those free built-in quirks that we all, um... love so much. Maybe a hagraven somewhere in Skyrim farted in the wrong direction, which caused the last item you got to smell differently, so the quest didn't update properly. Who knows, right?

I am glad you managed to continue with the quest. Enjoy the rest of the mod :)

Very true! It is excellent. Oh, I'm wondering if, and I don't know how Skyrim modding works precisely (I only ever played with Oblivion to make some landscape stuff play nice) anyways, wondering if you can/will flag the twins running Hardon Inn as innkeepers, I'd really love to be able to do the radiant prostitution and things like that in Cocksmen.

(Also, I have been screencapping the shite out of my playthrough, and I got a Stormcloak and Imperial to join me in a 3-way.)

[snipped]

...if you can/will flag the twins running Hardon Inn as innkeepers, I'd really love to be able to do the radiant prostitution and things like that in Cocksmen.

Mayyybe...

I am attempting to work on an add-on to Cocksmen, but for what I have in mind, I will have do a lot of building etc. Never really build anything, so it might be quite a while yet. But I will definately make the Inn Twins proper innkeepers in the addon, so you would be able to use RP after the original mod has ended. In fact, I have already asked Wraithslayer what I would need to add for RP to work in the Inn. THAT part is ridiculously easy. The rest of what I have in mind... not so much.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if it's a bug or a feature, but I've noticed the CVImpStool ingredient overwrites its vanilla counterpart (unlike the other CV ingredients), removing three of the alchemical effects. Just wondering if 1) that's by design and/or 2) would I horribly break something if I added the paralysis effect back?

Oh, and I also have no "Man, I'm horny" dialogue options with either pair of twins, even when the brothers are awake and standing next to each other. Of course it's easy to bypass, but I still feel like every time I do so a mod maker loses his wings. undecided.gif

I don't know if it's a bug or a feature, but I've noticed the CVImpStool ingredient overwrites its vanilla counterpart (unlike the other CV ingredients), removing three of the alchemical effects. Just wondering if 1) that's by design and/or 2) would I horribly break something if I added the paralysis effect back?

Oh, and I also have no "Man, I'm horny" dialogue options with either pair of twins, even when the brothers are awake and standing next to each other. Of course it's easy to bypass, but I still feel like every time I do so a mod maker loses his wings. undecided.gif

Well um... of course the CVImpStool overwriting the vanilla one is a feature!? I was just showing off my modding prowess. Or something.

Seriously though, that is a mistake that I missed. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I have corrected it for a future update. I am kinda hesitant to update the mod, since it will mean you have to restart the quest. So I am waiting a bit longer to see if there are more errors that come to light.

For now, it should be safe to to put the effects back yourself. If it causes mayhem, please let me know and I will put an update of the mod up to correct it.

As for the Twins dialog: the topic should be available after doing the intro quest and finishing the quest with Lortheim. But Skyrim being Skyrim, sometimes the quests don't update correctly. So if you don't get the option, use other means to pork them. I don't mind losing my wings, I am afraid of heights as it is...

• 3 weeks later...

When I get to "Reconciliation: Love Thy Brother", I'm hitting a bit of a snag. When I bring Harrald to speak with Saerlund, I'll get the little notification that the objective has been completed, but then nothing happens. They just stand there and no dialogue starts. Any ideas?

When I get to "Reconciliation: Love Thy Brother", I'm hitting a bit of a snag. When I bring Harrald to speak with Saerlund, I'll get the little notification that the objective has been completed, but then nothing happens. They just stand there and no dialogue starts. Any ideas?

Sorry for not answering sooner.

I am not sure why the quest wouldn't progress. It is most likely some sort of incompatability issue with another mod. Or just a Skyrim quirk. If I understand you correctly, you have managed to get them in the same room. For the quest to progress you can open the console (usually with the tilde (~) key and type in setstage Talos5 50. That should progress everything and start the scene with the brothers.

Hope this helps :)

Hi,

I have a problem here. Whenever I get near the village, game crushes. When I save game near the village, loading the save results in crash too.

Any solution?

Ty

Hi Hitoritameakka,

Crashing near the village could have several causes really.

It could be that you have a mod that changes the area where the village is located, although I am not aware of any mods that do. But this is the most likely cause. So if you have a mod that alters the area between Ivarstead, the ruin of Bthalft and the Rift Imperial Camp, you may have to disable the mod that alters that area. At least until you are done with the quests.

Hope this helps

Hi,

I have a problem here. Whenever I get near the village, game crushes. When I save game near the village, loading the save results in crash too.

Any solution?

Ty

Hi Hitoritameakka,

It could be that you have a mod that changes the area where the village is located, although I am not aware of any mods that do. But this is the most likely cause. So if you have a mod that alters the area between Ivarstead, the ruin of Bthalft and the Rift Imperial Camp, you may have to disable the mod that alters that area. At least until you are done with the quests.

Hope this helps

Hi, 

thanx for advice, but I don't have any mod like this... However it looks like this started happening in the "There is a man looking for you..." part. Could mods like Skyrim Flora Overhaul cause it? (Only other mod, that makes changes is "The Rift - Aspen Leaves FX - Super Performance")

Thanx much

Hi,

Any solution?

Ty

Hi Hitoritameakka,

Hope this helps

Hi, 

thanx for advice, but I don't have any mod like this... However it looks like this started happening in the "There is a man looking for you..." part. Could mods like Skyrim Flora Overhaul cause it? (Only other mod, that makes changes is "The Rift - Aspen Leaves FX - Super Performance")

Thanx much

Hmm, those two mods shouldn't create a problem at all.

Have you tried putting Cocksmen as low as possible in the loading list? Maybe there is a mod that changes a script or person that this mod uses.

If that doesn't help, could you upload a copy of your papyrus log? Maybe something is mentioned in there.

Sorry for not answering sooner.

I am not sure why the quest wouldn't progress. It is most likely some sort of incompatability issue with another mod. Or just a Skyrim quirk. If I understand you correctly, you have managed to get them in the same room. For the quest to progress you can open the console (usually with the tilde (~) key and type in setstage Talos5 50. That should progress everything and start the scene with the brothers.

Hope this helps :)

That did the trick. :) Everything else ran smoothly after that. Thanks much! I really love this mod so far.

• 4 weeks later...

Hadn't played this since it was initially released by his FFabulousness, but decided to give it another go. Played through it and enjoyed it with no issues. (Except the ingredient issue someone already pointed out.)

Not sure you're ever planning on updating this but if you do there is something I'd wish you'd consider changing. Even after the mod is finished your character gets the sex afterglow effect applied to them during/after sex. While that makes perfect sense and is necessary for the story throughout the mod, it kind of ruins the ability to ever take screenshots again if you want to continue playing once the mod is complete.

You globally hook OrgasmEnd when the mod is initialized. Would be easy to block that with a variable you set once the last quest is finished.

Just a thought. If you feel that thematically it's necessary to keep applying the glow, a warning in the mod description might be nice, just so people know they'll continue to experience that afterglow even when the mod's complete.

I did spot one trivial error in the initial series of conversations with the innkeeper twins. (And given the length of the mod and the amount of text, that's impressive.) In CVIntroStg30Topic6 you have "They will now what that means." instead of "They will know what that means."

Anywhoo, for all I know you're done with this for good, but just some feedback should you decide to ever revisit it. Cheers.

Hadn't played this since it was initially released by his FFabulousness, but decided to give it another go. Played through it and enjoyed it with no issues. (Except the ingredient issue someone already pointed out.)

Not sure you're ever planning on updating this but if you do there is something I'd wish you'd consider changing. Even after the mod is finished your character gets the sex afterglow effect applied to them during/after sex. While that makes perfect sense and is necessary for the story throughout the mod, it kind of ruins the ability to ever take screenshots again if you want to continue playing once the mod is complete.

You globally hook OrgasmEnd when the mod is initialized. Would be easy to block that with a variable you set once the last quest is finished.

Just a thought. If you feel that thematically it's necessary to keep applying the glow, a warning in the mod description might be nice, just so people know they'll continue to experience that afterglow even when the mod's complete.

I did spot one trivial error in the initial series of conversations with the innkeeper twins. (And given the length of the mod and the amount of text, that's impressive.) In CVIntroStg30Topic6 you have "They will now what that means." instead of "They will know what that means."

Anywhoo, for all I know you're done with this for good, but just some feedback should you decide to ever revisit it. Cheers.

Hey Wyvern,

Thanks for the feedback. The aftersex glow has always been a bit of a... problem child. It does make sense during the quest, but afterwards it tends to start grating. So yah, I agree with you.

I was waiting with updates for enough minor tweaks (the impstool etc). I guess I will make 2 versions/ updated soonish (when I get some time): one with the aftersex effect for those wanting to use it and one without. Of course the typo and all the other minor tweaks will be corrected as well.

I can't give an eta on it though, but I will do it as soon as possible.

And I am glad you enjoyed the mod :D

Guest ffabris

Hello

I'm having a bit of a huge problem. The village doesn't appear for me. I'm pretty sure I installed the mod properly (or at least how I usually install them), and I have all the other required mods too.

Do you get a map marker?

Move the mod to the end of your load order; you may have some other mod conflicting.

Hello

I'm having a bit of a huge problem. The village doesn't appear for me. I'm pretty sure I installed the mod properly (or at least how I usually install them), and I have all the other required mods too.

Do you get a map marker?

Move the mod to the end of your load order; you may have some other mod conflicting.

I managed to fix it. Apparently I also had to activate the mod through the Data Files in the game launcher.

Guest ffabris

I managed to fix it. Apparently I also had to activate the mod through the Data Files in the game launcher.

Ha, yes, that is needed. :) Glad you got it figured out.

So I'm at the part where I "should enjoy life with men" in the questline, after talking to the guy in Windhelm. Do I have to do something to trigger the next quest or am I done with the mod already?

You should do exactly what Lortheim said: have fun/sex with the men and especially the twins from the Inn. The quest will progress in time.