Do or Die (DooD) - Skyrim Role Play Series - Help shape the story! (Updated Nov 27)

Guest SwiftDeathSK

Influence the story! (Read This Section In Post Before Voting Please!)  

153 members have voted

1. 1. [Pick Top 3] What type of character should we progress into? (Pick main skills to focus on - these are not exclusive)

• Combat-focused (Two-Handed / Heavy Armor / One-Handed / Block)
    • Magic-focused (Destruction / Restoration / Conjuration)
    • Stealth-focused (Sneak / One-handed / Dexterity)
    • Combat-Magic Hybrid (Heavy Armor / One-Handed / Block / Restoration / Destruction)
    • Combat-Stealth Hybrid (Sneak / Light Armor / Archery / One-Handed)
    • Magic-Stealth Hybrid (Illusion / Sneak / Conjuration / Alchemy)
    • Merchant (Smithing, Enchanting, Alchemy, Wayfarer, and Speechcraft-focused)
  2. 2. See top of post for links to the rest of the polls to vote for.

• Forum Limitations Required Another System
    • To Be Implemented So That I Didn't Run Out of Questions.
    • So I Added a Voting Section With Links to StrawPolls.

Guest SwiftDeathSK

Do or Die

A Skyrim Role Play Series Where You Influence The Story

(Also known as DooD, because if you can make a slightly humorous acronym out of the title, why would you choose not to?)

*IMPORTANT NOTE* Due to forum limitations, all new polls will be strawpolls.

***Voting Section***

Zoosexual Won! Should I install the mods mentioned? (Read Post Below before voting!)

http://www.strawpoll.me/11749642

Current Status Of Story (The TL;DR Overview Section)

November 27, 2016: No story update

Voting Ended for What sexuality should we progress into? AKA How will she lose her virginity?, Final Vote: Zoosexual -> Bondage Lover; Voting began for "Zoosexual Won! Should I install the mods mentioned?"

November 26, 2016: No Story Update

Temporary hold for project due to personal life responsibilities. 

November 23, 2016: No story update

Voting Ended for Taking Screenshots. Final Vote: Yes.

November 22, 2016: The Diary of A Confused Woman
Post created, Story Started - Chapter 1 Posted (My Head Hurts!), List of Mods text file uploaded, Current Journal Uploaded, Voting began for: Taking Screenshots; Main Skill Progression, Sexual Orientation.

Introduction

Hello all, I'm Swift. And this is my first post I've ever posted on the forums. I've been lurking for a looong time though... Thanks for putting up with the bullshit I've already thrown at you in the title. I will likely be throwing more bullshit at you throughout the post, so if you've made it this far you may have a shot at getting to the actual story. Which is not full of bullshit. Promise. 

What this is, is an "adventurer's diary" of my current Skyrim play through. The play through is filled with immersion mods such as Frostfall and Realistic Needs and Diseases, and Sex Lab mods - many of which revolve around Devious Devices / Simple Slavery / DAYMOYL, but not exclusive to them. The story WILL contain elements of rape, bondage, bestiality, homosexuality (primarily lesbianism, since my character is female), prostitution, masturbation, and cursing. If any of these elements bother you, you should probably get off of this forum. Just sayin'. 

What this is not, is a scripted let's play series of me running around skyrim topless. This is a legitimate role play as a character in a harsh and brutal environment where she will be a prime target for being raped, bound, enslaved, and otherwise treated as a piece of meat. Her goal is to avoid these things to the best of her abilities, but will likely fail due to the actual difficulty of the task at hand, not "horror story logic" (where they do exactly the worst possible thing they could in order to get killed, raped, or kidnapped, etc. under the guise of thinking it's the best option. I fucking hate that bullshit.) I will not intentionally be putting myself in bad situations for the sake of the story. Trust me - they will happen on their own. This does mean that there will be times where there's not a lot of sexual content happening in the story. JUST LIKE REAL LIFE! :D Emmershun!

Another thing this is not is a recorded let's play video series. I wish I could do this instead, but sadly I'm not able. Why? Well everybody is at different stations in life, and not everyone is in a situation where they can buy a new computer every few years. This is the case for me - I play skyrim on a computer that was built in 2005. The only thing updated was new RAM after my old one exploded (4GB RAM), and my graphics card (Radeon HD 5450). These haven't been updated in years either. I get an average of about 24 FPS outside while in-game with low-end settings during this playthrough (about 150 mods, many relatively script-heavy, some that overhaul the graphics a lot) - the settings are custom, but it's fashioned around the concept of an 11 year old PC. I would love to share a recorded let's play, but sadly nobody would want to see low graphics and low framerate, even if my PC could handle recording while I play. I am still able to play, and the game runs fine (I've gotten used to about 25-30 FPS average over the years - I don't notice it anymore, personally.)

Instead of sharing what would not live up to most people's 2016 standards, I have decided to install both FISS and Take Notes! Journal of the Dragonborn mods to be able to record my journey as I play and then export it to here. 

I also have a current version of the mod list that you can download from this post. Just for those who are interested in playing their own version of the DooD series. If there's interest, and I can get the approval of the appropriate mod authors, I would be willing to put together a Do or Die modpack with fomod and all sorts of fun stuff (been meaning to learn this anyways, it would give me an excuse).

Something else that is very important to note is that the mods are set up so that it IS possible to have an actual death, even if it's a very small chance. In the case that this does happen, I will create a final entry that is open-ended with the idea that some other adventurer "found" her diary after her death. It will be structured similar to the end of Chapter 1. In the case of an actual death, I will put it up for a vote to either continue the character - effectively glossing over the death in favor of continuing to develop this character - OR leave it up to vote for a new character; Race and a selection of various pre-made "blank slate" character stories will be voted upon at the same time (for example, a witch in the wilds trying to concoct a potion of immortality, a forsworn beastess seeking to reclaim markarth, a bard seeking fame and fortune from all over skyrim, etc.). Make sure you vote for all of them if you do not want to continue the current character. These votes will have a set deadline, so make sure you vote when you can. 

Influence the story (Last Updated November 27, 2016)

This is a big reason why I'm posting this to the site. I would like the community to join me in my adventures by helping me shape the character. This will primarily focus more on big-picture and long-term things, rather than small choices, which is something I will do my best to role play according to the way our character has been shaped. So by voting in the various polls on this thread, you can directly shape the story in a long-term manner, but indirectly influence smaller decisions made throughout the story. Shape the pot, and the pot shapes the water that flows into it.

I will be periodically updating this section with new choices that reflect current situations or themes in the game, as well as updating the polls so you guys can decide. Some polls will be multiple choice, please only pick the designated amount of choices for these polls. There is logic behind making certain ones multiple-choice, but it will require your cooperation. 

Currently Up for Voting:

[Pick Top 3] What type of character should we progress into? (Pick main skills to focus on)

So the character right now is pretty undeveloped. I think she might be waiting to level up to 2 at this point, but the stat and perk has not been chosen yet. I'll try my best not to use it until we get several votes, but for now I may simply increase more of the merchant-related perks since those can fit any play style. Stats will likely be dumped evenly until we get more votes. This does not mean that I secretly am hoping you guys vote merchant. Honestly, I typically play an archer in almost every play through, so anything BUT an archer is fine with me. I'll probably be pretty terrible with anything but a bow anyways. I've shot a bow more than I've both swung a weapon and cast a spell combined probably. This is why you may notice a lack of the archery skill as a selection in the different types. This was intentional. I need our character to not be super-experienced with anything for the sake of the role play. Even with the crosshair disabled and an archery overhaul, I'm still a very good shot with a bow due to many hours of practice. And since I'm not intentionally faking anything for sake of story (except maybe the occasional orgasm?), archery is only a backup skill to be used in situations that make sense from a role-playing perspective. 

Once we've hit level 5, we will start to focus a little more on the top 3 choices, and by level 10 hopefully we can focus all the rest on what you have on the top choice.

Zoosexual Won! Should I install the mods mentioned? (Read Post Below)

Deadline: Tuesday, November 29th, 2016

It looks like you guys have spoken, and Zoosexual won, with Bondage Lover to augment it. Now, what I could do is install a few more mods. However, there are some possible problems with doing so. Before I list the mods, I want to make you guys aware of the issues these mods could present.
1. I am already around the 56-57k string table range for my current mod order. It should be fine with the current set up, however adding additional mods may bring the string table up too far and the save-game corrupting bug that comes at the 65k string table point is a real possibility. If that does happen, these save files cannot even be cleaned. It's a known bug that will permanently, irreparably break the game, which means a sudden end to our character's story, and a complete restart from before the mods were re-added. I will say that I have no idea how many strings these mods add. They may not add any at all. I do not believe that they add very many, so this particular risk is the lowest of the 3 issues, in my opinion.

2. The current mod load is already causing stress on my PC. It's managable, and in no way shape or form a concern for right now, but loading additional mods may push it to the point where CTD's begin to occur due to memory consumption (currently I have it nice and smooth). I could easily disable a few other mods, and that would solve the problem, but I really like my grass and cloud mods. It makes things look a little more pretty. However, I was planning on removing the grass and cloud mods to up the FPS a little bit, and increase details for better screenshots anyways, so this may not have any effect in the future anyways.

3. Changing mods in the middle of a play through is never the smartest idea. Especially if the current mod load is running fine. And it is currently purring like a kitten. 

These things sound scary and do pose an actual risk, but I would say that the risks are more likely NOT to occur than to occur. So consider the odds of these things happening to be no more than 10% in the worse possible case, but that is still a legitimate possibility.

The mods to add would be Beastess / More Nasty Creatures / Estrus + Chaurus. I will not be adding Aroused Creatures because I have had several issues with it in the past, and frankly it's not needed anyways. Plus I do know for a fact that it causes quite a lot more stress on my system than most of the other mods with the constant polling and updating, so I wouldn't use it anyways. Besides, there are other mods that take care of the bestial rape aspect.

I'm leaving this up to you guys. Let me know in the next couple of days.

Finalized Votes:

Should I start taking screenshots of key events and posting them with the journal updates? 

Final Tally:

Yes - 12 Votes (100%)

No - 0 Votes (0%)

November 22, 2016 - November 23, 2016

Notes: I realized the stupidity of my question shortly after asking. Haha. I will begin working photos into the journal entries. It might be a little rough at first, but we will develop a system to smooth everything out eventually. I may change some graphical mods and up the vanilla graphics to improve the screenshot quality. Not promising this, however. The last thing I want to do is break my save because I'm messing with mods in the middle of a play through.

[Pick 2] What sexuality should we progress into?

Final Tally:

Zoosexual - 55 Votes (28.50%)

Bondage Lover - 47 Votes (24.35%)

Bisexual - 40 Votes (20.73%)

Straight - 26 Votes (13.47%)

Lesbian - 25 Votes (12.95%)

November 22, 2016 - November 27, 2016

Notes: The vote is final. Zoosexual won, with Bondage Lover in second place. The "rules" of the voting process denoted that if Zoosexual was chosen a second option would be picked to augment it, and it seems that Bondage Lover was the one chosen. She will seek out animals (not Argonians or Khajiit) as sexual partners only. She will also have a favorable disposition towards bondage, especially self-bondage, and will enjoy masturbating. Exhibitionist will remain off, since Zoosexual was in first place, as per the "rules" of the vote, so she will attempt to keep her sexuality private as much as she can. 

The Diary of: A Confused Woman
(Last Updated November 22, 2016)
(Title subject to change. When the journal is updated with new entries, the title may change to reflect the character's current state. Glancing at the title should be all you need to determine if the story has progressed since you last read.)

Journal can also be downloaded below! Some last-minute edits may not be in the downloaded file. The post here is the finalized version, the file is the raw version (I do spell checks as I go in-game, so it's not terrible).

Feel free to discuss the current story or possible choices in the thread. All constructive comments are welcome. Any negative comments will be ignored and if persisting, reported. 

The journal is written from the character's perspective in real time. Some events are past tense because she is writing the entry after it occurred. Tenses do change, which marks when she is writing - both her current plan of action, and typically a quick synopsis of what happened since the last journal entry. You will need to use your imagination to fill in some blanks. I will work on adding more filled-out entries and more common entries starting in Chapter 2. Chapter 1 was not written specifically with the fact that the community would be interacting with the character in mind. I do apologize for this. I will be improving upon this in the future.

The content of this journal is not faked or made up. All situations reflect actual events during the playthrough. Some elements may be written in a way to keep with the story (such as the dream in Chapter 1 - that was an actual event that happened that I wrote off as a vivid dream for the sake of character development). Other elements may be omitted entirely to allow the story to progress naturally (no random bullshit raped by a dog that is technically on the other side of a city wall, or unfair deaths. Any time the immersion breaks for whatever reason, or an event would directly go against specific character development decisions, the story is subject to be altered slightly to reflect a more immersive reading. As the reader, you cannot always know what is and is not altered. Just understand that any events that are mentioned, with the exception of the character voicing her thoughts, are reflective of actual events. And yes, this includes chapter 1's opening. That bullshit actually happened - everything (99.9%) is unaltered up to the orc stronghold in that section, it was hilarious.
Enjoy!

Dear Diary...

Chapter 1: My Head Hurts!

---Last Seed, 17th, 4E 201---
Uggh, my head hurts. It's freezing! Where am I? What happened?
I pick myself up off of the icy ground and look out at my frozen captor. A stumbling frost atronach patrols just outside my cage. I have no memory of what happened, how I got here, and with the exception of my name, who I am.
I am currently caged in what looks like a cave that is frozen over. My first goal is to find my way back to civilization before I freeze to death. 

Uggh! My head! Why is this happening again?
The last thing I remembered was picking the lock on the cell and bolting past the frost atronach. He grazed me with a well timed stab, but I managed to get outside with little effort. Outside were several more frost atronachs followed by what looked like the ocean. I didn't have time to think or take in the scenery as I immediately drew the attention of three seperate atronachs. I simply bolted towards the mountain in the distance. One of the atronachs was particularly persistent. He managed to chase me to the edge of the island, into the frigid waters, and towards a camp of... They looked like the goblins you hear about in merrytales the elves tell their children, but I'm not sure really. Either way, the second I got close to the camp - which was not my choice - they managed to knock my freezing body to the ground with a single hit. I blacked out, and when I came to I was laying in a warm bed in what appears to be an inn...

As soon as I exited my inn room, there was a gargoyle that was slaughtering the people of the inn! It didn't seem to notice me as I bolted out of the door and out into the cold air. Outside another gargoyle was waiting and with one strike knocked me to the ground. A guard approached me, weapon drawn, as I blacked out again. When I came to... I was back at the inn, in the same room, same bed. what the hell happened? Did someone drug me while I was out? Was that a dream, delusion, or real? Ugggh! MY HEAD HURTS!!

Okay, so the gargoyle most certainly was real, at least I think... I walked out of the room after my last awakening and approached the innkeeper, only to have the gargoyle return from outside and swipe me down and knock me out cold once again. I feel that saying 'My head hurts' is a bit cliche at this point. I awoke, alone and naked, in the middle of a hilly field, bound with ropes and an armbinder. I managed to free myself of the ropes, only to have a wolf take notice of me. Still in the armbinder, there's no chance I can defend myself, so I ran as quickly as I could to the nearby waterfall, and began slowly making my way down the rocky cliff side. I lost my footing about halfway down and slid all the way down into the water below. Thankfully it was water and not rocks, as I followed it to a small, secluded bank where I attempted to struggle out of my armbinder.

I managed to get my armbinder off after what seemed like hours of struggling with it. I was drenched head to toe with just the rainwater alone by the time I managed to free myself. The armbinder seems pretty effective - I've held on to it in case I needed it. Who knows what is out there. After getting dressed again, I got back into the river to cross it but got swept up in the current and went over the cliff. There was a tree not far from the edge that I managed to grab onto and kept myself from crashing to the rocks below. I looked around, and noticed the sheer beauty of the landscape. The clouds rolled low across the distant mountains, and all around me lightning clasped the sky, licking the ground as it saw fit. The thick raindrops dolloped themselves on the rocks as the waterfall rumbled behind me as I stood upon a small jutted edge with a lonely tree doing what little it could to shelter me from the wet and cold environment. If not for the bizarre events that had just happened - leaving more than an abundance of questions - I might have felt completely at peace at that moment.

Peace or not, I need to keep moving. Someone tied me up and put me there, and I care not to find out who or why at this point in time. I'll try to figure out where I am at first, answering the bigger questions will come after.

Carefully managing my way down the side of the rocky cliff to the base of the waterfall, I managed to get down safely. I followed the road up to an Orc Stronghold, at first very wary of the denizens, but soon realizing they intended no harm towards me, despite being very unwelcoming, I spoke with a few members inside the camp. Apparently there were some durzogs and wolves that were causing problems outside the camp just before I showed up - which I later found and looted - and the stronghold was open. Else I may not have gone in. Clearly the Divines inspired this because I was offered an opportunity to earn the title of Blood-Kin by finding some gloves in a nearby dungeon-esque location. 

I'm not an orc, clearly, but I don't know who I am, where I live, where I'm from, or even if I'm a wanted criminal for that matter. This place has food, shelter, beds, a blacksmith and mining facility, and is generally well defended against outsiders. Plus they won't let just anybody in, clearly. The sense of company and civilization is enough to motivate me to join. I'll risk my life getting these gloves for a chance to stay here, if only temporarily. I just hope this place isn't too far away...

So... this cave with the gloves? Yeah - it is clear on the other side of Skyrim! I set out anyways, but didn't get very far - a durzog chased me back towards the camp as soon as I turned the corner down the rocky path. Thankfully the whole camp seemed to come out to my rescue and I escaped unharmed. Good thing, because that thing was definitely faster than I am. By a scary margin. I would have been dead if not for those orcs. They have been the only creatures since I awoke in that frozen cage that did not seem to want to kill me. They are legitimately the only people who have been anything but aggressive towards me. Oddly enough, that makes them the closest thing to a family or friends I have found so far. 

I set out north once that durzog was taken care of, and met an orc along the road. She was selling something called skooma. It sounded immediately like a drug, and at the slightest mention of perhaps not being okay she attacked me with the premise of 'I might snitch her to a guard' - frankly I don't care what she does, but she threw the first punch, so I knocked her around a little. Tough woman! Are all orcs this tough? I eventually managed to calm her down while duking it out with her, and she seemed willing to let me go after that. 

I currently am staying the night at a little place called Kwarthsten. I may not have spelled that right... it's a small mining settlement between Markarth and Solitude apparently. When I got here it looked as though some thugs and the mine owner were having a less-than-friendly conversation. I spoke to an orc after their discussion was finished and she seemed a lot more interested in my body than my words... 

What is it with orcs...

So yeah, that last entry about staying at Kwarthsten? Well, apparently there is nobody there willing to let me spend the night. No inn either. So, I'm currently camped out across the river bank a little down the road from there. I managed to use the hides from the durzogs and wolves along the way here to make a small leather tent and bedroll to camp out. Once I crossed the river to a small, rather secluded bank on the other side of the road, I set up a campsite and proceeded to spend roughly the next hour and a half or so gathering as much dry branches as I could find to start the campfire. I forgot to mention prior to this entry that about the time of meeting the orcs at the stronghold I somehow cast fire from my hands. Apparently I know magic! I don't remember most of the spells or how to use them, but I do remember being able to feel as though I were pouring my anger through my fingertips as the land - and wolf attacking me - caught flame. I used this very magic to light my campfire tonight. It worked rather well, I must say. In the morning I continue my trip to find these gloves. I'm still pretty set on staying with the orcs. They are the only ones that have been decent to me. Even the folks of Kwarthsten have been relatively... unwelcoming. I shudder at the way some of them looked at me, as though they don't get many women adventurers there. Lots of strong miners up there, I could have easily been in a bad situation if they had decided to act. 

Well, to bed with myself! I've eaten some fresh roasted venison and had my fill of clean drinking water from the fountain back at Kwarthsten. I still have a ways to go tomorrow.

---Last Seed, 18th, 4E 201---
Last night I had a rather naughty dream. I dreamed that a wandering bandit had found me in the middle of the dark night and pulled me from my tent with strong hands. Pushing my head down onto the dirt, he proceeded to ravage my naked, now dirt-covered body with a hard cock. Never once was I able to see my aggressor as he penetrated my pussy. Once it was over, he disappeared into the night and I, satisfied, simply smiled and fell back to sleep. I wonder if there's some meaning behind that dream? Heh. Maybe I'm secretly interested in more than just women? One of these days, maybe I'll explore that idea... 

---Last Seed, 18th, 4E 201---
Once I awoke from my sleep, naked and cold, I proceeded to pack up my tent and put out the last embers of my campfire. I learned today that I love the feel of the cold air on my naked body first thing in the morning. In fact, I didn't even get dressed first. I took a nice cold dip in the river before I returned to the bank to put my clothes on. As I was rummaging through my stuff, apparently a mudcrab liked what he saw because I felt a sharp pinch on my rear. I now have some crab meat in my pack, too. So, I guess both of us get a bit of enjoyment at each other's expense! My butt still hurts though, even a couple hours later. Those things pinch hard!

I followed the river to my destination. I'm currently recording this outside. If by chance someone finds this journal inside the cave, know that I likely did not succeed. Be careful. And please burn this.

Bestiary

Quests

Persons

Miscellaneous

---November 2016---
Mysteries to Figure out:
What happened to our memories?
Why were we in the frosty cell by the ocean?
Where did we wake up, and why were gargoyles attacking?
Why didn't they kill us?
Why did we wake up, roped and bound naked in the middle of a field, with no captor in sight?
How do we know magic?
Do we know other forms of magic?

Who are we?

Mod List - 11222016 - MO Export.txt

DooD Journal - 11222016.txt

Guest SwiftDeathSK

I had rather big plans for this project of sorts, but some important things in real life require a lot of attention or my future will be permanently negatively affected. This project is on hold for the time being. I will still tally votes tomorrow. Sorry to anybody who was waiting on part 2. It may be awhile.

Guest SwiftDeathSK

Thanks guys. I just tallied the votes for the sexual orientation. The outcome is going to make things interesting, to say the least. I also started another vote, and it will be tallied in 2 days. I do want to mention that I am about to start up Skyrim and work on the start of Chapter 2 this evening, but the progress will be a bit slow because life is still drawing a lot of my attention this week and likely a decent portion of next week.
I don't plan on making an entire chapter one session of gaming, even if it is several hours, because I want it to be more of a logical breaking point based on story elements like you would find in a book. (A writer doesn't *typically* write a whole chapter every session and start a new one the second he picks up the next day.)

PS. I also will start developing her like a merchant. If any other class gets voted up ahead of it, I will transition until the votes are finalized.

Archived