[WIP] Traps, Pitfalls and Dangerous Things

[WIP] Traps, Pitfalls and Dangerous Things

View File

Traps, Pitfalls & Dangerous Things

Known Issues

If you are not encountering any traps at all please try cycling the setting for "Trap Clearable Areas" in the MCM and make sure the "Trap Layer" is active

If you are seeing lots of Debug Messages then you can now turn them off in the MCM

Massively Negative Skill Values

People using versions before V0.91 may encounter a bug where your skills end up and as a hugely negative number. This was because some of the spells applied a stat modifier which wasn't being cleared after the spell had ended. To return your skill value to normal use the following console command.
player.restoreactorvalue xxx 1000000 where xxx is the skill e.g. player.restoreactorvalue sneak 1000000

When Upgrading

Please use the options "Restart MCM" and "Restart Quest" debug options. This will shutdown the quests and refresh any altered scripts.

Clean Installation

To do a clean installation...
1. Remove this mod from your load list.

2. Start Skyrim and load up your current save and ignore the warning that this mod is no longer available.

3. Once loaded, save your game and exit out of Skyrim.
4. Re-enable this mod in your load list and start Skyrim and load your save game.
The mod will reinstall and all scripts and quests will be reset.

Overview

If you've ever thought that the dungeons and crypts of Skyrim are too predictable then this mod should help change that. It is designed to add random events and traps while you are venturing through these areas so that you'll never know exactly what will happen.

The mod currently has two main parts...

1. Auto Trap Layer
This spawns an invisible NPC who will "super speed sprint" around the current dungeon at random dropping traps and extra mobs as they go. You can configure the ratio of traps to mobs as well as the frequency of their creation. The traps triggers are visible so you can avoid them if you are paying attention. Have a look further down this page for a list of currently working traps.

2. Random Events
These work on a random timer that will then roll to see if an event takes place. Not all events are bad, some are good (if you're lucky!). You can configure the min and max amount of time before a new event will take place. Events are designed to happen infrequently, they are random and unavoidable.

Current Status

The trap laying system is in and working. It will detect suitable trappable areas and plant random traps where ever it can!

The new trap system allows the mod to build its own traps based on a selection of trap effects. Trap effects range from simple alarms all the way up to spawning ghostly guardians and equipping devious devices. Traps can have 1 or many effects and some may even be able to kill you outright! There is also a very very small possibility that a trap will not do anything.

Traps take many forms. Some are obvious such as Pressure plates and Runes. Others may not be so obvious such as general clutter. Traps can also take the form of Critter Traps. These use critter related items such as egg sacs to create critter ambushes.

In addition to traps, the trap laying system can also spawn in mobs of new enemies based on the current location type making every adventure different and unpredictable.

The MCM allows you to configure the density and ratio of mobs to traps as well as many other things.

Dependencies

1. All DLC for Skyrim
2. Fuz Ro D'oh
3. Latest Version of Sexlab

Soft Dependencies
1. Devious Devices - Integration and all dependencies

Current Traps Effects

Standard traps can have 1 or more of the effects listed below.

Alarm Trap
All traps trigger an alarm, but the strength is randomised - maybe you'll get lucky and it won't alert every single monster to your location!

Damage Trap
Instantly applies a random poison, lightning, fire or frost damage effect.

Spell Trap
Fires a random spell which may apply a disease, do damage or some other effect!

Guardian Trap
Spawns a ghostly guardian which attacks you on sight!

Paralyse Trap
Paralyses you for a short period of time

Naked Trap
Strips you of your main armour and locks your inventory for a short period of time

Devious Trap
Will equip a random magical devious device on you for a configurable length of time. The device will also apply a (realistic) magical debuff for the duration!

Thanks To...

All those involved with the SexLab Framework and Devious Devices mods
user9120975435 for helping with some of the ideas
Everyone who's downloaded and helped troubleshoot my other mods

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/22/2016
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible

Edited by CPU

hi MixedUpJim :)

you always have nice and interesting ideas, don't you ?! ;)

can't wait to see where this one will lead :D:P

I try my best :) Actually I can't take all the credit, the actual idea came about while I was talking to user9120975435 as they requested some complex events for the Sexist Guards mod. They kind of went outside what I planned for that mos, but got me thinking about other things.

This looks promising particularly if you extend it into events for bandits, forsworn etc :)

Oh yes...forsworn and bandits will be getting some interesting stuff.. :) 

Looks like a great idea! Following for now. I'm in the middle of trying something else, then I'll give it a go and see how it does!

What a wonderful idea! :)  Downloaded and trying it out, can't wait to see what you add next!

Thanks, feedback is always welcome...good or bad :) Also, any ideas or thoughts about what could happen are also very welcome.

Just reinstalled skyrim. Glad to see something new and promising. It will be interesting to play again. I will try it and tell if I see anything worth being mentioned.

I've got several hundred hours in Skyrim and I have never got much further than completing the Companions quest line. I tend to end up installing some other mod and deciding to start from the beginning.

The idea for random events came from playing through Bleak Falls Barrow and knowing exactly where all the Draugr were. The whole dungeon plays the same every single time and I just thought it would be nice if sometimes something different happened. :)

I tried the mod, but its not working for me. MCM has 3 options, and it allows me to modify 2 of 3, if i modify min. time for event and max. time i cant touch the % of success, if i modify min. time and % of success i cant touch the max. time etc etc. Anyway event seems to fail always, i dont know if i have to do something special to make it work, i just walk around in the crypts.

I tried the mod, but its not working for me. MCM has 3 options, and it allows me to modify 2 of 3, if i modify min. time for event and max. time i cant touch the % of success, if i modify min. time and % of success i cant touch the max. time etc etc. Anyway event seems to fail always, i dont know if i have to do something special to make it work, i just walk around in the crypts.

I'll take a look at the MCM...seems strange but you can probably do it by exiting then going back in to it.

If you're getting the fail message then that means the mod is working, but its just failing the roll to see if an event will happen. Try setting the chance to 100% then it should always succeed.

I'll take a look at the MCM...seems strange but you can probably do it by exiting then going back in to it.

If you're getting the fail message then that means the mod is working, but its just failing the roll to see if an event will happen. Try setting the chance to 100% then it should always succeed.

If I exit MCM it resets the stats to default: 300-600-50% chance, but I tried to set the chance 100% anyway and it keeps failing.

I have installed SL framework, SL defeat, more nasty critters, SL aroused, DD integration, DD assets and fuz ro d oh. Do i need something else?

hi MixedUpJim :)

you always have nice and interesting ideas, don't you ?! ;)

can't wait to see where this one will lead :D:P

I try my best :) Actually I can't take all the credit, the actual idea came about while I was talking to user9120975435 as they requested some complex events for the Sexist Guards mod. They kind of went outside what I planned for that mos, but got me thinking about other things.

yes, i'm following (and using) Sexist Guards... you might remember i also contributed several comments at the very beginning of the mod, but i would never claim any credit about the mod itself, it was your idea and your work !! :D i can't mod at all, actually i tried, but i lack the patience necessary to read tutorials and documentations written in a language that isn't mine (english) ;)   so i think you deserve all the credits for the mods you create even if someone gave you some useful suggestions or ideas ;)

I've got several hundred hours in Skyrim and I have never got much further than completing the Companions quest line. I tend to end up installing some other mod and deciding to start from the beginning.

The idea for random events came from playing through Bleak Falls Barrow and knowing exactly where all the Draugr were. The whole dungeon plays the same every single time and I just thought it would be nice if sometimes something different happened. :)

i totally agree !! that's why i love the idea of this mod... i've played Skyrim for a bit more then 2.000 hours, yet i only finished the main quest line twice, the Winterhold College quest line 2 or 3 times and i never finished the Companions quest (i don't like becoming a werewolf so quit at that point) nor the Dawnguard quest line (because i don't like playing with followers/companions and quickly grew bored of having Serana following me :P )  now, often, i don't even start any of those quest lines...

what i do is adding/removing mods and starting new games roleplaying a story that's in my mind and that fit the new mods i have installed :)

so, having a mod that makes things uncertain and surprising :D is awesome !

in case you are interested, i'm attaching a file with some ideas of possible events...  as i told, i'm not a modder at all, so i don't know if they are easy, difficult or impossible to implement ;)

again, thanks for your mods, i really like them :D

Ideas.docx

I wanted to let you know,  I tried the mod for a bit this morning,  and I set the MCM to min start 60 sec and 100% chance to start. In embershard mine nothing happened. In Ilinata's Deep I received 3 messages that the event failed. I'll keep trying as to see if I get one to work. I love your ideas for this mod and hope to see it progress! :)

If I exit MCM it resets the stats to default: 300-600-50% chance, but I tried to set the chance 100% anyway and it keeps failing.

I have installed SL framework, SL defeat, more nasty critters, SL aroused, DD integration, DD assets and fuz ro d oh. Do i need something else?

Fixed in the new version :) Some how I broke the MCM and I had my random chance calculator round the wrong way!

yes, i'm following (and using) Sexist Guards... you might remember i also contributed several comments at the very beginning of the mod, but i would never claim any credit about the mod itself, it was your idea and your work !! :D i can't mod at all, actually i tried, but i lack the patience necessary to read tutorials and documentations written in a language that isn't mine (english) ;)   so i think you deserve all the credits for the mods you create even if someone gave you some useful suggestions or ideas ;)

i totally agree !! that's why i love the idea of this mod... i've played Skyrim for a bit more then 2.000 hours, yet i only finished the main quest line twice, the Winterhold College quest line 2 or 3 times and i never finished the Companions quest (i don't like becoming a werewolf so quit at that point) nor the Dawnguard quest line (because i don't like playing with followers/companions and quickly grew bored of having Serana following me :P )  now, often, i don't even start any of those quest lines...

what i do is adding/removing mods and starting new games roleplaying a story that's in my mind and that fit the new mods i have installed :)

so, having a mod that makes things uncertain and surprising :D is awesome !

in case you are interested, i'm attaching a file with some ideas of possible events...  as i told, i'm not a modder at all, so i don't know if they are easy, difficult or impossible to implement ;)

again, thanks for your mods, i really like them :D

Oh yes...of course, I remember :)

Thanks for the ideas, I'll have a read through and see what can be done :)

I wanted to let you know,  I tried the mod for a bit this morning,  and I set the MCM to min start 60 sec and 100% chance to start. In embershard mine nothing happened. In Ilinata's Deep I received 3 messages that the event failed. I'll keep trying as to see if I get one to work. I love your ideas for this mod and hope to see it progress! :)

I can also confirm that settings can't be changed. Also noticed, that the mod reloads in MCM on settings update.

Yeah, I broke it...now fixed in the latest version :) Also added some debug options to trigger an even immediately rather than wait for the timers. Just click it and exit the MCM and, as long as you are in a valid location, you should get a random scene.

Thanks for update :)   So, I went to bleak falls and the draugr scene played perfectly but, whatever the other scene is.... nothing.  I saw the message TAP scene start, TAP scene end but nothing happened.  Not sure what was suppose to happen but I could have sworn there are 2 scenes. Anyway, love the ambush! :)  And thank you for all your hard work!

Thanks for update :)   So, I went to bleak falls and the draugr scene played perfectly but, whatever the other scene is.... nothing.  I saw the message TAP scene start, TAP scene end but nothing happened.  Not sure what was suppose to happen but I could have sworn there are 2 scenes. Anyway, love the ambush! :)  And thank you for all your hard work!

What did your character say? It could have been gold spilling from the ceiling...you might miss it if you're not looking for it :)

So I actually seen it working now. Nice work, looking forward for further updates!

Also spotted 1 bug - first event in a dungeon remembers it's place and will always repeat there, no matter where PC is now at the trigger event moment.

Could you also make an event customisation feature? Because godlike-tier potions for me seemed very ridiculous.

So I actually seen it working now. Nice work, looking forward for further updates!

Also spotted 1 bug - first event in a dungeon remembers it's place and will always repeat there, no matter where PC is now at the trigger event moment.

Could you also make an event customisation feature? Because godlike-tier potions for me seemed very ridiculous.

Ah yes...if you use the start event debug it wasn't updating its position correctly. Should be doing it now.

There's only a small chance you'll get awesome potions.  There's a 75% chance each item in the drop will just be a gold coin then if do get another item a top tier potion is only 1 in 43. You must've been lucky (although I might add some extra junk to the treasure list!) :)

Plus I wanted to keep things relevant for higher levels and super useful for lower levels. Once this mod is complete the chance of getting a treasure drop will be much smaller - it is currently a 1 in 7 chance for it to occur so it shouldn't be too over powering.

An idea I had for an event was that a tremor could cause a boulder or some kind of debris to fall and put the player in a knocked down state for a short time, and any enemies within a certain proximity would be alerted.

Thanks for the fix, hidden treasure, the draugr and chaurus ambush are working fine, but spiders and skeletos dont appear even if the dialogue says so.

Now I can say it: Great mod :P but since u wrote in the description that this mod has adult content I thought that ambush would trigger some kind of SL scene.

Hope we can see an update with new events soon, someone posted a file with some interesting ideas yesterday. :D

Thanks for the fix, hidden treasure, the draugr and chaurus ambush are working fine, but spiders and skeletos dont appear even if the dialogue says so.

Now I can say it: Great mod :P but since u wrote in the description that this mod has adult content I thought that ambush would trigger some kind of SL scene.

Hope we can see an update with new events soon, someone posted a file with some interesting ideas yesterday. :D

someone should be me ;) glad you liked them :D Jim liked them too and said some of them will go in future updates :) so i'm even more eager then before to see where this mod will lead :heart:

someone should be me ;) glad you liked them :D Jim liked them too and said some of them will go in future updates :) so i'm even more eager then before to see where this mod will lead :heart:

Yes thats you! Those ideas are pure gold, lets pray for a fast and cool update :angel:

MixedupJim, you, as always happy about people with new ideas! Thank you!

I installed TAPv0.16. I really like this work! In the dungeon was a lot of surprises!

However, in the tundra has been a lot of crashes to the desktop.

Now, I can not say with certainty that the reason the TAP.

I had little time to test.

But I noticed that TAP has a conflict with SkyUI.

The conflict in the script ski_playerloadgamealias.pes.

I want to tell you, please pay attention to this!

I had been thinking someone needed to create a semi-random generator for Devious Traps.

This looks to be even better. Watching development with great anticipation, and i'll be adding this into the next game.

Please let me know what you think once you've tried it. :)

An idea I had for an event was that a tremor could cause a boulder or some kind of debris to fall and put the player in a knocked down state for a short time, and any enemies within a certain proximity would be alerted.

Nice idea, I'll add that one in :)

I suspect creation kit didn't attach to the FormList for those creatures correctly. My version seems to do that a lot...anyway, will check and fix it :)

The ambushes are designed to play with mods like Defeat. One of the things I will be adding to this mod is an updated version of my Devious Surrender mod. Don't worry, there will also be proper adult scenes as well :)

I shall be working on implementing them as soon as I can.

Yes thats you! Those ideas are pure gold, lets pray for a fast and cool update :angel:

Working on it as fast as I can :)

MixedupJim, you, as always happy about people with new ideas! Thank you!

I installed TAPv0.16. I really like this work! In the dungeon was a lot of surprises!
However, in the tundra has been a lot of crashes to the desktop.
Now, I can not say with certainty that the reason the TAP.
I had little time to test.
But I noticed that TAP has a conflict with SkyUI.
The conflict in the script ski_playerloadgamealias.pes.
I want to tell you, please pay attention to this!

Ah, I must've packed the ski script....I shall undo that in the next version. Good catch :)

****UPDATE*****

Removed the SkyUI script from the BSA :)

Fixed the spider ambush, they should work fine now and you'll also get the DLC spiders so they won't all be frostbite ones.

Added Skeever ambush

Added the slightly more complex Skeever Horde which will cause a horde of Skeevers to be created who will hunt you down! However, they are also very aggressive and will attack anything! It might be possible to hide from them if you're careful (although I may need to tweak the AI for that to be possible). You can start a Skeever Horde straight away by using the MCM menu...don't forget to run and hide!

I'm hoping this same pursuit style event can be used for quite a few things. 1 that comes to mind is having a group of bandits follow you into a dungeon with the intent of stealing your stuff and having some fun with you!