Everything works great now and the menu is quick!

OK I like the no Nails great, but the damage? you removed the nails. I wanted this for BDSM play. I will wait for the no damage version, if you decide to make a version for play.

You can toggle the damage in game :)

Update looks great (!!), I love the mechanics, and the position issue is fixed for me, but there's a problem: as soon as you fast travel out, and then back in, the nails are replaced with ropes, and no damage. Basically, it reverts back to the default state (meaning ropes, and no damage).

Can I suggest you upload a version which defaults to just nails with damage, without ropes? The ropes are... an optional bonus :)

Thank you! Amazing work!

OK I like the no Nails great, but the damage? you removed the nails. I wanted this for BDSM play. I will wait for the no damage version, if you decide to make a version for play.

I thank you for your options and understanding. I agree that the option default should be benign so cant accidentally change to damage and spikes as it has judging by the next post or even two separate versions to play, or cause pain and suffering to your followers.

With the benign default any setting problem wont cause any damage.

Update looks great (!!), I love the mechanics, and the position issue is fixed for me, but there's a problem: as soon as you fast travel out, and then back in, the nails are replaced with ropes, and no damage. Basically, it reverts back to the default state (meaning ropes, and no damage).

Can I suggest you upload a version which defaults to just nails with damage, without ropes? The ropes are... an optional bonus :)

Thank you! Amazing work!

Good to hear that position issue is fixed - must have been clashing with other mod somehow...

Regarding defaulting back after fast travel/sleep I think it is how game works - when you leave the settlement all settlers go into some kind of "idle" mode and leave any work they are assigned to. When you go back they are automatically assigned so leaving settlement triggers "exit" event and going back triggers "enter/activate" that's why it defaults back to ropes. I guess solution would be to simply save last setup for cross and then re-apply it for any NPC entering cross again. Something to consider for next version.

I thank you for your options and understanding. I agree that the option default should be benign so cant accidentally change to damage and spikes as it has judging by the next post or even two separate versions to play, or cause pain and suffering to your followers.

With the benign default any setting problem wont cause any damage.

Here is how it works:

Any new assigned NPC starts with ropes only. Ropes do not cause any damage so "Damage strength" shows 0-0. Each set of spikes adds 1 max damage so it shows 0-1 or 0-2. Damage frequency shows how often damage is caused (every random number of seconds from shown range).

Adding/removing ropes/spikes changes damage frequency, also different type of crosses have different base frequency.

Toggling damage to 0 stops causing any damage regardless of what "Damage strength" shows.

Frequency also decides how often NPC screams (regardless of damage being on or off).

"Do damage" and "Can scream" settings are saved for cross and applied to any NPC using it.

Good to hear that position issue is fixed - must have been clashing with other mod somehow...

Regarding defaulting back after fast travel/sleep I think it is how game works - when you leave the settlement all settlers go into some kind of "idle" mode and leave any work they are assigned to. When you go back they are automatically assigned so leaving settlement triggers "exit" event and going back triggers "enter/activate" that's why it defaults back to ropes. I guess solution would be to simply save last setup for cross and then re-apply it for any NPC entering cross again. Something to consider for next version.

Yep, that's how it works. That's why I was suggesting if you could upload an alternate version where the defaults are spikes with damage and no ropes. Thanks a lot!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your great work.

I'd like to make you aware that one user has reported over at CRP's thread that this mod overwrites other mods' workshop categories.

To fix that, you need to add your category keyword to the workshop menu formlist using a script that runs onInit or captures the load game event. Don't add the keyword directly to the formlist, otherwise it will get a fixed ID and thus conflicts with any other mod that does it the same way. Using a script will add them in succession. I had the same issue with CRP, if you want to I can send you the script - however, I'm fairly sure you'd be able to figure it out in minutes.

Take it easy and keep it coming.

Very good mod.Can I use with my own character or only on NPS ?

Player can't use it. There is a problem with camera position and rotation in 3rd person view when player is using the furniture. I haven't found solution for that yet so I blocked it for player.

CRX 1.3 somehow removes the SKE menu in workshop, replacing it with its own CRX menu. I would like to use this mod very much, but not if it removes Settlement keyword expandend menu. Hope theres a way to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your great work.

I'd like to make you aware that one user has reported over at CRP's thread that this mod overwrites other mods' workshop categories.

To fix that, you need to add your category keyword to the workshop menu formlist using a script that runs onInit or captures the load game event. Don't add the keyword directly to the formlist, otherwise it will get a fixed ID and thus conflicts with any other mod that does it the same way. Using a script will add them in succession. I had the same issue with CRP, if you want to I can send you the script - however, I'm fairly sure you'd be able to figure it out in minutes.

Take it easy and keep it coming.

As a temporary solution you can load CRX before other mods if CRX main menu gets overwritten by other mod all items are still available under "resources" menu. I use CRX with F4SS and CRP and it works fine.

@ag12 - Thanks for letting me know, I think I saw how it should be done in other mod that uses Quest script and adds menu category in initialisation function. I will add that fix in next version. Your work is great too - thanks!

Every time i load it, i cant start the game, get black screen when loading the game ...  can someone tell me why ?

Sorry to hear than, could be that mod hasn't installed properly or conflicting with other mods?? Try uninstalling other mods and then install them one by one to see what is causing the problem.

Player can't use it. There is a problem with camera position and rotation in 3rd person view when player is using the furniture. I haven't found solution for that yet so I blocked it for player.

Can you say me,as i can unblock animation for a player?

Wouldn't the simplest fix be for the player to just use console commands and go into freecam? It's a good work around while you figure it out(if you're still working on it)

Don't know if you already figured it out but, you need to move the cameras position in 3ds Max for your animations, I would move it to X:0.0 Y:0.0 Z:112.0. I don't know what rig your using to create your animations, Shade's rigs have multiple cameras and CGMaik's only has one camera. Regardless with whose rigs you're using, the only camera you need to worry about is the one named "Camera".

Adjusting Camera Position

1. Hit the "C" key, to see the cameras view. Note: If you are using Shade's rigs a menu will pop up asking which camera to choose.

2. In the Top Left of your viewport, where it says "[+][Camera][shaded or whatever]" click on "[Camera]".

3. A drop down menu will appear, click on "Select Camera" near the bottom of the menu

4. Hit the "P" key to go back into Perspective view, then zoom out until you can see everything

5. You can now move the camera

First off excellent mod I've put it to good use. Now an idea/request a working extractor chair someone of your talent could really pull it off. Thanks again for your hard work.

I had a look at mentioned extractor chair as I wanted to know how 'activation' mechanism has been implemented in game. I may add such furniture to current mod in next release or maybe make it standalone mod in the future... Thanks for suggestion.

Good mod, Oakern! Can you create hanging by neck or hanging on hanging on hook mod?

I could but there is still plenty to do in the current mod. Maybe in the future...

Open mod in CK and remove keyword "BlockPlayerActivation" from crxWorkshopFurnitureCr01, 02, 03 and save. Then you can use workaround with console command suggested in post above. I'll try to implement it correctly in the next version of the mod.

Don't know if you already figured it out but, you need to move the cameras position in 3ds Max for your animations, I would move it to X:0.0 Y:0.0 Z:112.0. I don't know what rig your using to create your animations, Shade's rigs have multiple cameras and CGMaik's only has one camera. Regardless with whose rigs you're using, the only camera you need to worry about is the one named "Camera".

1. Hit the "C" key, to see the cameras view. Note: If you are using Shade's rigs a menu will pop up asking which camera to choose.

2. In the Top Left of your viewport, where it says "[+][Camera][shaded or whatever]" click on "[Camera]".

3. A drop down menu will appear, click on "Select Camera" near the bottom of the menu

4. Hit the "P" key to go back into Perspective view, then zoom out until you can see everything

I haven't tried to fix it yet. Thanks for suggestion as I run out of ideas what's wrong with the camera. I will make it work in next version of the mod.

First off excellent mod I've put it to good use. Now an idea/request a working extractor chair someone of your talent could really pull it off. Thanks again for your hard work.

I had a look at mentioned extractor chair as I wanted to know how 'activation' mechanism has been implemented in game. I may add such furniture to current mod in next release or maybe make it standalone mod in the future... Thanks for suggestion.

Good mod, Oakern! Can you create hanging by neck or hanging on hanging on hook mod?

I could but there is still plenty to do in the current mod. Maybe in the future...

Open mod in CK and remove keyword "BlockPlayerActivation" from crxWorkshopFurnitureCr01, 02, 03 and save. Then you can use workaround with console command suggested in post above. I'll try to implement it correctly in the next version of the mod.

I haven't tried to fix it yet. Thanks for suggestion as I run out of ideas what's wrong with the camera. I will make it work in next version of the mod.

I've tried the console workaround, unfortunately the character begins the animation and ends it seconds after. It doesn't stay in the animation until i give a command to cancel it.

I'm not sure if i've done something wrong since all i did was remove "Block Player Animation" and tried using the cross, it would just start the animation and as soon as it finished, end the animation and go back to normal.

You could also take a vanilla animation, convert it to fbx and import it into your max scene with "update animation" and only "cameras" ticked.

When using a MT animation which is used by the player you even get the camera offset correct, so the camera isn´t centered to the player in 3rd person.

Nice upgrade, thank you!

I really hope you can figure out how the camera issue, so that the player can use the devices.

And I hope that you find some time to rig a gallows / hanging device, no matter how basic. It's sorely missing.

I tried modifying the ring from the basketball hoop in order to make it smaller, as an angled static to pull a ragdoll's (dead NPC) head through, but I was never able to figure out how to make the collision :(

I love this mod.  A question though...  If I leave a raider on the cross too long, when I come back they are gone.  How does that work?  How much health do they need to remain?  I have taken them down, rejuvenated they (by letting them drink water) then re-haning them.  Why doesn't the body hang there if the raider dies?  Is there a way to make it so the dead body hangs there until you take it down?   By the way, I cannot get Marcie to get on the cross.  Thanks for the mod, it is great.