CRX - workshop crosses

View File

About This File

CRXXX - New and redesigned version of CRX mod.

This mod adds crosses and other restraining workshop furniture.

All items are under Furniture->CRXXX workshop menu.

Important

Mod is in the BETA version.

Always save the game before using any furniture from this mod.

Save very often and keep many previous saves as unexpected errors breaking the game may happen occasionally!

What's new in version 2.1 BETA

• Player can use any CRXXX furniture as guard or slave
  • New furniture - Rack - in 2 different versions with 2 different poses added
  • Fixed issue with pose markers nor appearing in workshop mode
  • Wounds overlays fixed/added for Male characters 

What's new in version 2.0 BETA

• Furniture mechanics have been completely redesigned and rewritten to avoid issues from the previous versions.
  • Furniture use animation events instead of timers to update animations and state.
  • All animations have been re-done to be more realistic, lot of new poses/animations added.
  • Dead actors remain on the furniture until removed by the player.
  • New furniture - Slave Post added - I recommend trying it!
  • Blood decals applied via overlays which eliminates issues with previous mechanics.
  • Lot of useful options added to the furniture:

"release actor" ensures actor is unassigned from the furniture correctly - I recommend always using it to release the actor!

"move to furniture" moves actor right to the furniture.

Additional information

• Mod is in the BETA version so there are still a lot of things to add.
  • All new furniture names are prefixed with [CRXXX]
  • Furniture from CRX 1 were left for the compatibility and can be found under CRX 1.0 (OLD) workshop menu entry.
  • Player can't use any CRXXX furniture in BEAT version. Player can use any CRXXX furniture as guard or slave
  • Crosses from CRX 1 can be updated to CRXXX via configuration menu option.
  • CRXXX crosses don't have poses with ropes in BETA version.
  • Actor assigned to CRXXX furniture stands idle until pose is selected via configuration menu.

Dependencies

Mod is integrated with MCM and F4SE however these are not mandatory. If not installed mod won't use some features and can't be configured.

Installation

Vortex:
Drag and drop RAR Archive to downloads area and install.

Manual:
Extract and copy content of RAR Archive into Fallout 4 Data folder.

Uninstallation

Before uninstalling mod CRX workshop menu must be removed:

Open MCM and go to CRX configuration

Select "Remove workshop menu entry" option from Mod Management section

Optionally remove any CRX furniture placed, however it is not required

Save game and quit

Uninstall mod manually or using mod manager

Continue game from previous save

Upgrading from previous versions

Uninstall previous version and remove all the files before installing version 2.0

Permissions

Modifying this mod in any way without my permission is prohibited. 
Redistribution of this mod or making any patches for this mod without permission is prohibited. 
If you want to make a patch for this mod or use it in your own mod please ask me for permission first.

Credits

Big thanks to kadsend for creating wound overlays for Male characters!

Different mods changing characters appearance have been used to create screenshots. Thanks to the authors for their work! 

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/21/2016
  • Category
  • Requires

Edited by Oakern

Hey great mod first off. I did have one thing to report though. Weirdly If I assign a companion to the cross they suddenly have no dialogue even after I re recruit them or assign them to another resource within the same settlement. I haven't tried to leave and come back but I will later but for now I just thought you should now this occurs.

Great idea!

One question: if I assign a settler to it, can he leave and go to sleep in a bed (like they do with shackles and other "restraining" furniture mods)?

Because I think it's ridiculous.

No, furniture has flag 'work 24 hours' set to 'true' and every assigned NPC has 'restrained' flag set to 'true' so he won't move.

Hey great mod first off. I did have one thing to report though. Weirdly If I assign a companion to the cross they suddenly have no dialogue even after I re recruit them or assign them to another resource within the same settlement. I haven't tried to leave and come back but I will later but for now I just thought you should now this occurs.

Because 'screaming' sounds are only available for a few common voice types if NPC that doesn't have one of these types (like unique companion) is assigned he/she gets voice overwritten (to one of common male or female voices depending on gender). On exit furniture voice override should be removed so NPC gets it's own voice back (with all unique dialogues). What you described seems to me like 'exit furniture' event hasn't been triggered for some reason and original voice hasn't been restored.

Thanks for letting me know - I'll try to fix it. In the meantime you can try to call papyrus function from the console to remove voice override:

[numeric npc id goes here].CallFunction "Actor.SetOverrideVoiceType" None

The female settlers on the cross screams in a male voice. Is it possible to change it?

I'm having the same issue with female's screaming in male voices. Also once you remove them from the cross, they have a male voice, and lose their original female voice completely.

The female settlers on the cross screams in a male voice. Is it possible to change it?

I'm having the same issue with female's screaming in male voices. Also once you remove them from the cross, they have a male voice, and lose their original female voice completely.

Jop! Male voice here too!

Jop! Male voice here too!

This issue is fixed in updated version of the mod - 1.1

• 2 weeks later...

Will you make a version that doesn't use nails? Rope is more suited to a Bondage roleplay, rather than a psychopathic killer?

I know it is quite hardcore but using nails was an easy option as there is railway rifle projectile model available in game already.

Adding ropes requires creating new custom model so requires a bit more work but this option will be available in next version of the mod.

Thanks for suggestion. 

"Aaaand always look on the bright side of life.." *whistles*

It would be hilarious if screams would be replaced with that Monty Python classic. Otherwise, nice mod, Biggus Dickus and Pontius Pilate salute you!

Probably easiest option would be adding this song by crating "custom radio station" mod and play it from pipboy  :)

I have a problem with the body position - it is not flush next to the cross, but "floats" in front of it. I am using EVB, not sure if that's relevant. Otherwise, thank you for your work!

Really great mod here, but yeah, last patch made the two first crosses have position issues. Keep it up though, and maybe gallows would be cool? :)

position issue   v1.2

From descriptions provided it seems to me that you haven't replaced all files while upgrading from 1.1 to 1.2. Positions and interactions points have been adjusted in version 1.2 so if mod uses new interaction points with old models that what happens. My suggestion is - remove all mod files from F4 "Data" folder (scripts starting with CRX from Scripts folder and entire CRX folder from Meshes and CRX.esp) and install version 1.2 by extracting files from archive in F4 Data folder or using Nexus Mod Manager. Replace any existing files with new versions if asked. After loading game store/scrap all crosses in workshop and place them again. Let me know if that fixed the issue.

I have a problem with the body position - it is not flush next to the cross, but "floats" in front of it. I am using EVB, not sure if that's relevant. Otherwise, thank you for your work!

Really great mod here, but yeah, last patch made the two first crosses have position issues. Keep it up though, and maybe gallows would be cool? :)

position issue   v1.2

From descriptions provided it seems to me that you haven't replaced all files while upgrading from 1.1 to 1.2. Positions and interactions points have been adjusted in version 1.2 so if mod uses new interaction points with old models that what happens. My suggestion is - remove all mod files from F4 "Data" folder (scripts starting with CRX from Scripts folder and entire CRX folder from Meshes and CRX.esp) and install version 1.2 by extracting files from archive in F4 Data folder or using Nexus Mod Manager. Replace any existing files with new versions if asked. After loading game store/scrap all crosses in workshop and place them again. Let me know if that fixed the issue.

still have a problem with body position.

float in front of the cross.

im using CBBE 2.3