I am having an odd issue occuring when I attempt to download this mod. When I hit the download button after I wait the 10 seconds, the file comes up as CRX1.6Solitaretheme6 and proceeds to download a windows solitare package. Possible corruption of the file?

Rename it CRX16.rar, or something similar, and it will work

Thanks. New to this sort of thing so the advice helps.

Every now and then the NPCs break away from the spikes and they go around. Ridiculously.

Yeah, they do that, due to some "undefeatable" sandboxing, I've had the same problem with my own mod. I took the easy way out, and set them unconscious, which fixes the problem, but makes them close the eyes.

An alternate solution is to attach an empty AI package to the quest, but I don't know how to do that.

I know it already was commented on this forum, but is there a way to freeze the dead body on the cross after death? I tried killing whit command and then turning the victim AI off whit Tai. It aparently works, but, when i fast travel back or load the save, the body is completely sideways. Maybe, if is there a way to evade the body automatically turning the itsef when loading the chunk, it would be a way to make it happen...

Other idea: In skyrim there's a mod that make you place your desired body wherever you want (and other features, but this expecific one is the most important), its called "Clean up your Corpses" https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78266/? I wonder if some of it's scrip could be used for this as well... Like, stapling the damn body ;) 

Im not a psicopath, I swear, but when playing as a raider, i don't think empty crosses will scare away my enemies....

I know it already was commented on this forum, but is there a way to freeze the dead body on the cross after death? I tried killing whit command and then turning the victim AI off whit Tai. It aparently works, but, when i fast travel back or load the save, the body is completely sideways. Maybe, if is there a way to evade the body automatically turning the itsef when loading the chunk, it would be a way to make it happen...

Other idea: In skyrim there's a mod that make you place your desired body wherever you want (and other features, but this expecific one is the most important), its called "Clean up your Corpses" https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78266/? I wonder if some of it's scrip could be used for this as well... Like, stapling the damn body ;)

Im not a psicopath, I swear, but when playing as a raider, i don't think empty crosses will scare away my enemies....

Nope :(

I mean, the only way that I know (and, believe me, I tried), is to use invisible contraptions that have collission and "collide" with the arms and legs. For my mod (hanging) it's relatively simple, I "only" need to pin one support point - the neck (not easy, but done it, eventually). Here, I tried several times, I only managed to get it to work by chance one time. Rest of the times, some limb always falls off. Arms are especially difficult to pin down, feet are easy.

I'll try more, when I get the chance. But there is no magic script command to freeze a ragdoll. What you did with "tai" was, basically, preventing them from dying (disabling AI disables kill) and freezing them mid-animation. It's not bad, but it's not true dead body hanging either.

LE: never seen the skyrim mod, looks spectacular. I don't know how he / she did it, but I suspect those are not the original bodies, but some generic statics. I'll see if I can install it and look "under the bonnet".

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/11/2017 at 1:17 PM, Seldon712 said:

Every now and then the NPCs break away from the spikes and they go around. Ridiculously.

Are they NPCs that belong to the same workshop? Furniture puts restrain on each assigned NPC so they shouldn't be able to break away unless commanded to by the player. But if for example you use "Abducted" mod to acquire NPCs and on abduction you send them to settlement and then command them to follow you and assign them to cross in different settlement and command them not to follow you anymore it is like giving them command to move to different settlement, which automatically makes them leave current furniture.

Not saying that this is happening in your case but mind that many factors can affect NPCs behaviour. Try assigning 'normal' settlers first in settlement he/she belongs to.

5 hours ago, Oakern said:

It requires a lot of ropes but does the job. I am working on next version now. It has few new models that may help with what you are trying to achieve.

I am sooo looking forward to the next version! 

That was just a messy alpha version, I am quickly streamlining and cleaning up the models :D

ScreenShot2081.png

cr01.nif

cr05.nif

9 hours ago, Oakern said:

Are they NPCs that belong to the same workshop? Furniture puts restrain on each assigned NPC so they shouldn't be able to break away unless commanded to by the player. But if for example you use "Abducted" mod to acquire NPCs and on abduction you send them to settlement and then command them to follow you and assign them to cross in different settlement and command them not to follow you anymore it is like giving them command to move to different settlement, which automatically makes them leave current furniture.

Not saying that this is happening in your case but mind that many factors can affect NPCs behaviour. Try assigning 'normal' settlers first in settlement he/she belongs to.

Thanks !

This is one beautiful pose, very thoughtfully done (slightly misaligned, but it's due to something else, not the animation). Note the limping head, and hands. Maybe an idea for your next creations.

I am becoming increasingly frustrated at my complete inability to animate, or, at least, to modify existing animations :( 

enb 2017_11_17 12_18_54_44.jpg

Edited by SAC
5 hours ago, tm2dragon said:

Have we gotten a version without the nails yet?  There appear to be proper bindings now, so the nails should be unnecessary for those looking for something less extreme I think.

The mod defaults to ropes. All you need to do is install the version from the download page. But the body will fall off the cross when dead.

There are no "proper" bindings yet, just some experiments I'm doing.

Edited by SAC
1 hour ago, SAC said:

The mod defaults to ropes. All you need to do is install the version from the download page. But the body will fall off the cross when dead.

There are no "proper" bindings yet, just some experiments I'm doing.

Glad to hear it!  Might want to update the pics on the front page then.  I get the feeling most folks interested in this mod are like me; love the concept, but too put off by the nails in the pics to download it.  

1 hour ago, tm2dragon said:

Glad to hear it!  Might want to update the pics on the front page then.  I get the feeling most folks interested in this mod are like me; love the concept, but too put off by the nails in the pics to download it.  

That's up to Oakern - his mod, his presentation. Trust me, you don't want my pictures, anyway :)))

On 11/17/2017 at 12:02 PM, SAC said:

This is one beautiful pose, very thoughtfully done (slightly misaligned, but it's due to something else, not the animation). Note the limping head, and hands. Maybe an idea for your next creations.

I am becoming increasingly frustrated at my complete inability to animate, or, at least, to modify existing animations :( 

Is this a mod alternate for skyrim or are you only using the "Clean up your Corpses" mod I suggested? if its another mod, can you send me the link :v?

5 hours ago, tm2dragon said:

Could use some help here.  NONE of these show up for me, and I don't even recognize what several of these filetypes ARE!  The heck is a "nif", and why does it want me to download it? O_o

In that case, I would suggest you wait for a more "packaged" version. Let's say those are "alpha"

What tool do you use to install mods?

16 minutes ago, tm2dragon said:

Man, I didn't even know those were mode files! ><  Figured they were images.

Nif files are "mesh" files, they contain the structure / "model" of an object (the cross with added restraints, in our case). They go into your fallout \data\meshes mod folder (in this case, \data\meshes\crx\). You can open them with a tool called nifskope.

What I did was to modify - overwrite - Oakern's crosses, adding restraints to them. I don't advise you to download and copy mine, because they would overwrite Oakern's, and mine are not stable (yet), some of them are even inaccessible to NPCs without issuing "snapintointeraction". They are meant as a proof-of-concept only, at this stage - and, hopefully, as an inspiration for Oakern :)

Speaking of which, these would be the most recent versions. They need an additional Z-axis offset of +10 in the esp (or modpos z 10 the crucified NPC). I think cr04 needs even more, around +15, if I remember correctly. They are being developed on scale 0.98 standard female bodies, shorter bodies may not work, they fall below the restraint.

Still a way to go until they are stable, 01 and 02 are still inaccessible to NPCs without using snapintointeraction - meaning the NPCs cannot pathfind their way to mount the cross unless forced by console, the restraints are blocking the activation point (and I don't know how to move the activation point)

cr01.nif

cr04.nif

cr03.nif

cr02.nif