I see your point about the long hair. True, there may be some clipping, hasn't disturbed me at all, never even noticed until you mentioned it. Please see a SS - angle of the shot is not great, but you can see the head slumping a little distance from the cross - it's a long ponytail from Azar and still quite far from the beam.

Attaching the repositioned spikes (hands) and a version of the script that defaults to spikes instead of ropes - not sure how well it works, noticed something weird about the damage, but haven't really tested it.

So, my spikes-as-a-default script hack was faulty, it disables the damage. The proper way to do it is by modifying the properties in CK, I just got lazy.

If you want to default to spikes and damage (instead of ropes and no damage), the attached esp should do the trick properly. The scripts should remain as per Oakern's release.

CRX.esp

Yes,I am! :D

And thank you!

When I need to take a short break while creating 3D stuff, I like to send my Skyrim or FO4 heroines in the claws of monsters/falmers/BGandits/Guards, etc... :D

Dude, I even bought the full version Andaroos 2, Sofia is amazing and those facial animations are just priceless! Please, keep it up, great stuff! 

If you need some further "inspiration" by way of hangings, check out my sig and try out my hanging mod. Perhaps it would give you some ideas.

Apologies to Oakern, no intention of hijacking the thread, it's just that SJ's work is awesome, and I feel great having the opportunity to congratulate the guy.

Well, if you like my work, and if you like hangings, I think you may like the short comics I will release in a few weeks! :D  (It won't be related to the Andaroos series)

(Sorry for hijacking the thread too!)

So, my spikes-as-a-default script hack was faulty, it disables the damage. The proper way to do it is by modifying the properties in CK, I just got lazy.

If you want to default to spikes and damage (instead of ropes and no damage), the attached esp should do the trick properly. The scripts should remain as per Oakern's release.

Well, you could do it in script too by settings values of DefaultSpHands and DefaultSpFeet properties in lines 23 and 24 of CRXCrWorkshopObjectScript to 'true'. If you set these via creator you can actually set it different for each cross type, changing script applies to all crosses types...

I will probably add some kind of 'global' configuration option in next version. 

This is a fantastic mod! I missed it, but DL it. Everything seems to work fine to me.

thank you again for your effort!

I'm glad that you like it. Enjoy!

Well, you could do it in script too by settings values of DefaultSpHands and DefaultSpFeet properties in lines 23 and 24 of CRXCrWorkshopObjectScript to 'true'. If you set these via creator you can actually set it different for each cross type, changing script applies to all crosses types...

That is exactly what I tried to do first, but, for some reason, the NPCs wouldn't use the cross anymore. I assumed it was on the account of my modification, but maybe it was something else.

By the way, I noticed in CK that the damage interval is different between the crosses.

Regarding CR04 position, again lot of work required so it is just better to use vertical beam - that's its purpose.

Modified CR04 by raising the furniture marker position Z +6, so the feet almost touch the ground, as intended, but toes no longer get clipped in the pavement. Adjusted the nifs correspondingly (with the added modification of positioning the hand spikes through the wrists, instead of palms).

Note that the esp defaults to spikes and damage, for all cross types.

CRX.esp

cr04.nif

cr04ro_f.nif

cr04ro_h.nif

cr04sp_f.nif

cr04sp_h.nif

post-1591796-0-47896600-1504503628_thumb.png

post-1591796-0-35572500-1504503637_thumb.png

Oakern I appreciate all your work. Thanks!

Unfortunately it is... not functioning so well.

I (admittedly not too bright) am unable to get them OFF the crosses again...?

Or is it strictly a one-way trip?

Because when I fast-travel they come with me! Hopping up and down, entering the animation and then (briefly) exiting again...

In the middle of nowhere. No crosses anywhere to be seen!

I even scrapped all crosses, trying to break the cycle, but it didn't help.

Therefore I restored the game to get them down BEFORE fast-travelling anywhere...

Doesn't work - they won't come down.

They become 'separated' from their cross, hopping up and down, entering the animation and exiting again, across the room ~15 feet from their crosses.

It's a mess.

Since I crucify only 'bad girls' - raiders, gunners, evil characters etc., I fast-travelled up to the boathouse which is thick with turrets heheh...

And the turrets quickly took them all out. Buh-bye.

Cycle ended!

I am quite leery about putting anyone 'up' again - therefore I might as well delete and remove this whole CRX thing. Right?

Or what am I missing?

post-2237588-0-14886000-1504716967_thumb.png

If you're using "set commandstate 1" on the NPCs - and you must be, since that's the only way to control raiders & co - they will fast travel with you, while continuing to run the CRX script. The teleport thing is a side effect of setcommandstate, not of CRX, CRX works fine.

Bottom line, kill them before you fast travel away. One way trip.

What a wonderful mod, creator!

But i have a bug to report: My player voice is gone...

I know a litlle about programming but I can´t figure out what happened. Tried loading a saved game and it worked! But then the NPC´s slaves (mostly raiders) lost their voices..Well, i rather hear the screams then I'm playing in this save now but I have to say it´s pretty anoying to not hear my voice (modded as well, so yeah). When I turn off the mod my player still is mute...

I'm using NMM as well...

If you know a console code to roughly patch this problem, i would apreciate still.

Many thanks!

[update]

Finally reversing to an older save solved it (a vanilla save) But the nails sometimes don't apear or/and the sreams and "pants" ends after the nailing animation (sometimes, no feet nailing) No particles as well. It worked fine on a hostile scavenger tough... 

BTW, using the Abducted MOD as well. Is it a confict?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21982/?

Doing mass Raider crucifixion :V

post-2312633-0-32817700-1504821155_thumb.png

@MegaGryphon - it all depends how you put NPC on the cross. If NPC is set to follow PC and you fast travel NPC fast travels with you. Because there is no proper 'exit' sequence it still runs CRX script and plays animation flavors (as SAC wrote). It is settlement furniture and by design work in settlement so you can assign and unassign settlers in workshop mode. If you start using console commands to set command mode for NPC etc. strange things like this could happen.

General rule - don't fast travel, wait for NPC to die. To remove NPC from cross use command state to point another target.

When next version of F4SS is out I am planning to integrate it with CRX mod so it works better with captured slaves so they won't follow player anymore etc.

Changing animation speed isn't that straightforward and requires some work as each animation must be exported to right format etc. so it would take some time to convert 25 or so. 

Just as a reference for future animations: try watching them "fast forward" in-game, by speeding up the game time, using sgtm <time multiplier> in console. I think that anywhere between sgtm 1.5 and sgtm 2 they look pretty fluid without being cartoonish.

Just turn down the voices, they become high pitched due to the speedup. Reset with sgtm 1

Another thing that I noticed while speeding up the game is that they move a lot more often, while on regular time multiplier they are a bit static. Is there a delay between idles, that I could turn off? Or there is an "idle" idle that is favored while picking flavors?

If you like what you see, I would love to spend the time converting them, but I have got no idea how to do that, and which tools are needed.

I know a litlle about programming but I can´t figure out what happened. Tried loading a saved game and it worked! But then the NPC´s slaves (mostly raiders) lost their voices..Well, i rather hear the screams then I'm playing in this save now but I have to say it´s pretty anoying to not hear my voice (modded as well, so yeah). When I turn off the mod my player still is mute...

I'm using NMM as well...

To play 'screams' and to prevent NPCs from saying random sentences characters voice is overwritten and then restored to original on 'exit'. Have a look at my post on the first page of this thread where I explain how to fix voice if it isn't restored properly.

I can't see how 'abducted' mod could conflict with this mod so it is safe to use both mods together.

If you upgraded from previous version see mod description to find out correct 'upgrade' process.

Just as a reference for future animations: try watching them "fast forward" in-game, by speeding up the game time, using sgtm <time multiplier> in console. I think that anywhere between sgtm 1.5 and sgtm 2 they look pretty fluid without being cartoonish...

Thanks for all suggestions. I'll consider it all while working on the next version.

I'm using NMM as well...

To play 'screams' and to prevent NPCs from saying random sentences characters voice is overwritten and then restored to original on 'exit'. Have a look at my post on the first page of this thread where I explain how to fix voice if it isn't restored properly.

I can't see how 'abducted' mod could conflict with this mod so it is safe to use both mods together.

If you upgraded from previous version see mod description to find out correct 'upgrade' process.

Thanks for the help but I already "solved" it. Just migrated from the Abducted mod (that makes slaves count and act like setllers) to F4:SS mod (that makes them followers). However, It's a one way trip now (means I have to wait till they're dead to fast travel or sleep and wait).

I think what happened was that as setllers they can leave the activity they're assigned to, so sometimes the animation and the sounds as well aren't played, but are "stored" on the cross. Crucifing myself kinda solved some probems, but my voice was taken by exchange.

Whatever happened, It's kinda solved now, but many thanks for your attention.  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... I've got no idea what's wrong, but suddenly the mod stopped working, meaning I cannot command any NPC on crosses.

I reinstalled the mod, I put the esp last in the esp list, I made sure the quest is running - no joy, all NPCs just ignore my "sit" command.

The PC crucifies itself just fine.

Any pointers where to look at?

Hmm... I've got no idea what's wrong, but suddenly the mod stopped working, meaning I cannot command any NPC on crosses.

I reinstalled the mod, I put the esp last in the esp list, I made sure the quest is running - no joy, all NPCs just ignore my "sit" command.

The PC crucifies itself just fine.

Any pointers where to look at?

Did you updated the mod? If you did there are 2 CRX in your build menu one at its own category other in furniture. Use the cross you build from the furniture to assign settlers. That is how I got mine to work.

Did you updated the mod? If you did there are 2 CRX in your build menu one at its own category other in furniture. Use the cross you build from the furniture to assign settlers. That is how I got mine to work.

You are correct, I did take this into account, still didn't work. I had to revert to a previous save. It is the second time this happens, I haven't been able to figure out what causes it, most likely something about the scripts, but no idea what. No biggie, the previous save which worked wasn't too old.

You are correct, I did take this into account, still didn't work. I had to revert to a previous save. It is the second time this happens, I haven't been able to figure out what causes it, most likely something about the scripts, but no idea what. No biggie, the previous save which worked wasn't too old.

Yeah sometime shit happens in Fallout. My entire Vault settlement got bloody bugged now. Settlers refuse to go were I tell them to, companions will also state it is out of their reach to places 1 cm in front of them. (Every time I have to fast travel back there in order to see the settlers in places I told them to go)

While CRX is a great mod, I have found a couple of issues:

- As Hiemfire said, uninstalling the mod will remove the 'Furniture' menu in the workshop.

- Companions/NPCs attach themselves to empty crosses without being ordered to do so.

This particular issue may be dangerous. Cait decided to nail herself to an empty cross at one point. I managed to get her out of it, but I believe this is the reason why her ESSENTIAL setting has been permanently set to false. I have found no way to set her back to ESSENTIAL - not even using the SetEssential console command (using Cait's BASE ID, of course).

While CRX is a great mod, I have found a couple of issues:

- As Hiemfire said, uninstalling the mod will remove the 'Furniture' menu in the workshop.

- Companions/NPCs attach themselves to empty crosses without being ordered to do so.

This particular issue may be dangerous. Cait decided to nail herself to an empty cross at one point. I managed to get her out of it, but I believe this is the reason why her ESSENTIAL setting has been permanently set to false. I have found no way to set her back to ESSENTIAL - not even using the SetEssential console command (using Cait's BASE ID, of course).

I lost Curie and Nick Valentine like this, when I use the Follower tweaker tool...It says that "there's a quest blocking my change". If I knew which quest to deactivate or change....

I'll try to answer problems reported in last few posts...

1. Furniture menu gone from Workshop

I think this is common problem when you delete mod that adds its own workshop menu entry... I think there is a mod on nexus site that fixes workshop menu and adds missing categories - it may work for you...

2. "Configure" option missing for cross

To show configure option 2 conditions are required - player must have "CrxPerk" (added when mod is initialised for the first time) and furniture must have "CrxFurnitureKeyword" (added in creation kit to every cross). This can be checked during the game with console commands like HasPerk and HasKeyword.

3. No NPC interaction possible

This can be caused by many factors e.g. animation files or or AnimTextData files missing from Data folder. NPC that is assigned to cross via workshop menu doesn't belong to that workshop or some other properties on NPC prevent it from using the furniture (if it can't use other furniture something is wrong with NPC not with the furniture). Can't really tell more without more details as there are too many possibilities...

4. Companions/NPCs attach themselves to empty crosses without being ordered to do so

This is something I have to fix and remove property that makes NPCs treat crosses as 'relaxation' furniture like chairs or sofas...

5. Essential and Protected flags removed

Reason these flags are removed is so NPC could actually die... I will fix it and add flags removal as an option or restore them on exit. I think both flags can be restored with console command SetEssential and SetProtected called on the NPCs instance

Thanks for reporting these issues!

#3 is really weird and seems to mean that all scripts in the game just went haywire, better to revert to an earlier save which works

About #4: I think you can also try checking the "ignored by sandbox" flag.

#5: I would suggest another approach

- if the NPC is essential, then prevent it from mounting the cross in the first place, to avoid any mishaps

- if the NPC is protected, then all bets are off - use the cross and kill it. Settlers are protected, for instance...

I know this is might get lost with the site rollover, but I found one wonderful thing about the crosses. Settlers killed on them do not trigger a happiness penalty. Gleeful me can now "Process" those settlers I don't want without having to have a second settlement. :) Thank you for that.

I am having an odd issue occuring when I attempt to download this mod.  When I hit the download button after I wait the 10 seconds, the file comes up as CRX1.6Solitaretheme6  and proceeds to download a windows solitare package.  Possible corruption of the file?

I am having an odd issue occuring when I attempt to download this mod. When I hit the download button after I wait the 10 seconds, the file comes up as CRX1.6Solitaretheme6 and proceeds to download a windows solitare package. Possible corruption of the file?

Rename it CRX16.rar, or something similar, and it will work