I don't know much about modding other than I have played around with load order and FO4Edit.  I have defied some load orders to make mods work without patches and it seems to work.  If the cross were an armor, it would be fine.  It just seems that the "slave" should remain if he/she dies unless you take them down.  I've had another issue with the slave where they disappear and I cannot find the body.  Using the craftable restraints is very nice too, but when I remove them the actor maintains the position as though the handcuffs are still on.  I don't know what the leg cuffs do, they don't seem to have any effect.

This mod worked fine, but it caused a problem with Settlement keywords expanded. it erased the SKE menu from the workshop menus. removing this mod and the menu was back.

of course as always this was on my setup, and others may not have the same result.

Same with me too, have not updated to 1.4 yet so I'll give that a try later

I've tried the console workaround, unfortunately the character begins the animation and ends it seconds after. It doesn't stay in the animation until i give a command to cancel it.

I'm not sure if i've done something wrong since all i did was remove "Block Player Animation" and tried using the cross, it would just start the animation and as soon as it finished, end the animation and go back to normal.

I checked that and it does it indeed. You have to also uncheck checkbox "Must Exit To Talk" on the furniture.

This mod worked fine, but it caused a problem with Settlement keywords expanded. it erased the SKE menu from the workshop menus. removing this mod and the menu was back.

of course as always this was on my setup, and others may not have the same result.

This issue has been fixed in version 1.4 so give it a try.

Don't know if you already figured it out but, you need to move the cameras position in 3ds Max for your animations, I would move it to X:0.0 Y:0.0 Z:112.0. I don't know what rig your using to create your animations, Shade's rigs have multiple cameras and CGMaik's only has one camera. Regardless with whose rigs you're using, the only camera you need to worry about is the one named "Camera".

Adjusting Camera Position

1. Hit the "C" key, to see the cameras view. Note: If you are using Shade's rigs a menu will pop up asking which camera to choose.

2. In the Top Left of your viewport, where it says "[+][Camera][shaded or whatever]" click on "[Camera]".

3. A drop down menu will appear, click on "Select Camera" near the bottom of the menu

4. Hit the "P" key to go back into Perspective view, then zoom out until you can see everything

5. You can now move the camera

I tried to set camera as you suggested above. I am using Shade's Animation Kit. I moved and rotated camera called "Camera" so view from it shows front of the character (it's back of max scene) so position is like (-200, 0, 150) and rotation (90, 0, 180) then exported it as it says in the instructions from the kit and run Creation Kit command to create AnimTextData using settings for Furniture. Camera for player is still wrong positioned, rotated and moves in wrong directions however it is different from what it was so it definitely had an effect on it just can't find the right setup in max scene...

I love this mod.  A question though...  If I leave a raider on the cross too long, when I come back they are gone.  How does that work?  How much health do they need to remain?  I have taken them down, rejuvenated they (by letting them drink water) then re-haning them.  Why doesn't the body hang there if the raider dies?  Is there a way to make it so the dead body hangs there until you take it down?   By the way, I cannot get Marcie to get on the cross.  Thanks for the mod, it is great.

It damages assigned NPC over time if you add spikes but it stops working if you leave the area. If you use F4SS mod slaves will follow you if you leave the area or fast travel and it's the same with companions so they exit the furniture. If NPC dies it automatically exits the furniture too. Best way to get any NPC on the cross is to enslave them using F4SS mod and them use 'command' option.

Probably won't be possible because furniture likely doesn't have that option, but with the new mod Devious Devices, armor has attributes that prevent it from being removed unless the locks are picked, a key, etc etc, for the player. What do you think of a similar thing for Crosses?

I don't know much about modding other than I have played around with load order and FO4Edit.  I have defied some load orders to make mods work without patches and it seems to work.  If the cross were an armor, it would be fine.  It just seems that the "slave" should remain if he/she dies unless you take them down.  I've had another issue with the slave where they disappear and I cannot find the body.  Using the craftable restraints is very nice too, but when I remove them the actor maintains the position as though the handcuffs are still on.  I don't know what the leg cuffs do, they don't seem to have any effect.

Moving from using furniture objects to armour would mean massive change to the mod and probably other things wouldn't work instead.

I tried to render invisible objects with collision data on hands and feet to 'trap' these body parts in it and prevent falling down but apparently NPC's body (or at least hands and legs) ignores any collision objects when exiting the furniture so it didn't work.

Another idea I have to try is to actually stop damaging NPC when health goes down to 1 then set her to unconscious state and change animation but again changing animation for NPC while she is using furniture isn't something that can be done easily. Changing anim arechetype or flavour doesn't take effect until NPC leaves the furniture and new LOOSE animations can't be added to existing behaviour graphs... but this is something I'll try to figure out and add in future release.

This issue has been fixed in version 1.4 so give it a try.

I had version 1.4 installed, I downloaded it again and reinstalled it.  the SKE menu still disappears.

I tried to set camera as you suggested above. I am using Shade's Animation Kit. I moved and rotated camera called "Camera" so view from it shows front of the character (it's back of max scene) so position is like (-200, 0, 150) and rotation (90, 0, 180) then exported it as it says in the instructions from the kit and run Creation Kit command to create AnimTextData using settings for Furniture. Camera for player is still wrong positioned, rotated and moves in wrong directions however it is different from what it was so it definitely had an effect on it just can't find the right setup in max scene...

Try without rotation, I've never had to rotate the camera just move it to wherever.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I installed this my crafting menu got totally messed up. Several categories vanished, and some of my other mods went crazy. I can't find the menu for this anywhere in the crafting menu now. Is there something I'm missing? How do I fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

This mod is awesome, but it caused a problem with OCdispender. it erased the OCD menu from the workshop menus. removing this mod and the menu was back. I tried version 1.3 and 1.4....both the same. What can I do? I already love this mod!

In version 1.4 main menu entry is added dynamically so shouldn't override any other entries. Try changing load order in NMM (load CRX first).

Such a great idea that would have worked perfectly in my Gunner settlement but this mod removes the entire SKE menu from the workshop.

I used the latest build. Did not use previous builds.

Uninstalled,  but I will keep an eye out for a fix.

Thanks for making this!

Version 1.4 shouldn't override any other menu entries. I installed SKE to check it and it worked fine for me with few other mods that create main menu entries installed in the same time. I chose 'dynamic' option when installing SKE. Try that or try to change load order in NMM. I am not sure but I think workshop menu has limited number of available slots so maybe that's the case... 

When I installed this my crafting menu got totally messed up. Several categories vanished, and some of my other mods went crazy. I can't find the menu for this anywhere in the crafting menu now. Is there something I'm missing? How do I fix this?

Again, I am not sure what went wrong I have never had problem like that since mod version 1.4. I run it with few other mods that add workshop menu entries and never had this problem. Try enabling mods one by one and see when it goes wrong.

Could you (or anyone) please add collision to the ropes as well? The spikes already have collision.

The coil of rope with collision would be very useful restraining ragdolls (i.e. dead NPCs).

I don't think it will keep ragdoll restrained. I tried many similar ways to restrain dead npc and it didn't work.It looks like NPC ignores any collisions when exiting furniture.

Are you updating your mod, or did you stop working on it? Would be actually really sad :-/

Didn't have much time to work on it recently but I haven't stopped working on it. New version will come eventually.

Could you (or anyone) please add collision to the ropes as well? The spikes already have collision.

The coil of rope with collision would be very useful restraining ragdolls (i.e. dead NPCs).

I don't think it will keep ragdoll restrained. I tried many similar ways to restrain dead npc and it didn't work.It looks like NPC ignores any collisions when exiting furniture.

Actually, it does work, see screenshot. I replaced your shallow spike model with a rectangle made out of shallow spikes while the NPC was living and animating, and it does hold the NPC ragdoll in place after they die. Granted, I needed to add the modified spike rectangle after they were crucified, but it does serve the purpose. Attaching screenshot and nif.

Please try adding collision to the rope and we'll take it from there, it can work.

post-1591796-0-89533000-1494018178_thumb.png

spike01.nif

This mod is awesome, but it caused a problem with OCdispender. it erased the OCD menu from the workshop menus. removing this mod and the menu was back. I tried version 1.3 and 1.4....both the same. What can I do? I already love this mod!

In version 1.4 main menu entry is added dynamically so shouldn't override any other entries. Try changing load order in NMM (load CRX first).

Thanks a lot, that worked perfect for me. Now there is no conflict with any other mod!

• 2 weeks later...