Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What makes a good quest for you?

Oblivion Fallout Skyrim Quest

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Poll: What makes a good quest for you? (111 member(s) have cast votes)

What makes a good quest for you? (You can choose more then one answer)

1. The Length of the Mission (17 votes [12.06%])

Percentage of vote: 12.06%

2. Mission Reward (9 votes [6.38%])

Percentage of vote: 6.38%

3. Depth of the Mission (Does it make you want to finish it) (97 votes [68.79%])

Percentage of vote: 68.79%

4. Other, please specify (18 votes [12.77%])

Percentage of vote: 12.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Andy14

Andy14

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
Live?
I am thinking of Skyrim.

There is such a big world (realtively) and so many possibilities - but it is totally dead and boring.

Who is the main player - of course the PC.
But - he has no voice, no emotions, no feeling, no relationship to anything - it is in a complex dead world.

The PC makes its quests - and even during the quest - it has no voice, no emotions, nothing.

What a lucky thing this year will still be Gothic 1.  :lol:

So a good quest is: filled with life, with destiny and decisions, and of course, many unexpected consequences.

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

Thynar

Thynar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

In Skyrim: Honestly? I'd have to say either the replayability or the fondness of the memories after the fact.

Why or why not the content was memorable or unique. Was it really short and sweet? Was it long and padded out? How did I feel during and after the fact?

I'm describing quests more as 'experiences' here, because that's what I think they ideally should be, a really good experience.

My personal preferences would be nonlinear questing, but even if it's more objective, it can still be a quality experience, it's been done before.

I think that when my choices and actions as a person controlling a character are recognized and acknowledged, it is the best... not braindead draugr puzzle sequences that almost insult my intelligence.

arpaschad

arpaschad

AssAssin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

if the quest is "Uhmmersive as fuck"™-MXR (it's like Immersive but higher)

even in adult quest mods I search for something that will really get you into the game and really want to finish it and immerse in it...if a mod has successfully pulled you into their own world while alienating you from the base game than IMO is a good quest...

odessa452

odessa452

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
Remember the murder house party quest you had to do for the Dark brotherhood in Oblivion? EVERYTHING about that quest is what I look forward to when questing. I wish someone would mod a quest just like that for the Skyrim or Fallout 4 community. If there already is, pls let me know lol.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Oblivion, Fallout, Skyrim, Quest