How to fix this hair issue?

etayorius

I hope this is the place to post this, if not i am terribly sorry. Anyway, anyone knows to fix the following issue with a hair mesh?

imgur.com/Cm05Jbw

imgur.com/79ifJmv

I am also having issue with some hair meshes, they look a bit too transparent. Can someone shed some light?

@Shinji: if you drag the links into the browser's "tab head" (where the name for each tab stands), it opens the imgur links. For me, that is. Maybe it helps on your end as well.

That might be a clipping issue. Did you alter the ears? I'm not that much into SE, but any tool that helps you to alter the head might do the trick.

I hope this is the place to post this, if not i am terribly sorry. Anyway, anyone knows to fix the following issue with a hair mesh?

http://i.imgur.com/Cm05Jbw.png

and 

http://i.imgur.com/79ifJmv.png

I am also having issue with some hair meshes, they look a bit too transparent. Can someone shed some light?

The black blotches on the hair?

Open the hair mesh in Nifscope.

Expand NiNode then NiTriShapeData.

Click on BSLightingShaderProperty then have a look at the Block Detail window below.

Shader Flags 2

If you see "SLSF2_Double_Sided", double-click on the Values section and from the drop-down list uncheck 'SLSF2_Double_Sided'.

Save the mesh and check the hair in your game.

If the hair mesh is not originally double-sided then I'm not exactly sure what is causing the blotches.

The main problem is that many imgur links have a i where the WWW is suppose to be might be caused by picking the wrong link option or it's just another imgur fail tactic to try to prevent images from appearing correctly here on LL not sure though as I don't use that site.

The Http Referer Loverslab is blocked on imgur.

Only enter in browser adressbar, so it is a direct page call - without referer from the link. ;)

@etayorius: Looks like a problem with Normals or Vertex colors.

In NifScopes you can right click on Mesh: Mesh-> Face Normals to try to fix it

problem is between the chair and screen, not that hard to post something from imgur

http://imgur.com/XUfse3f

XUfse3f.jpg

well... don't know how you have to write that link in the image link for it to be right when you refresh the page^^

https://github.com/FreeCodeCamp/FreeCodeCamp/issues/5677

don't know what is that thing called codepen or if that site use it

and for those hairs

you check the name in showracemenu

tesedit and go the headpart with that name

open the nif

and compare with one that work

or try random things, copy paste nitrishape in the one that work and check the result, copy paste texture in the one that don't work and check, or something else

The main problem is that many imgur links have a i where the WWW is suppose to be might be caused by picking the wrong link option or it's just another imgur fail tactic to try to prevent images from appearing correctly here on LL not sure though as I don't use that site.

The Http Referer Loverslab is blocked on imgur.

Only enter in browser adressbar, so it is a direct page call - without referer from the link. ;)

@etayorius: Looks like a problem with Normals or Vertex colors.

In NifScopes you can right click on Mesh: Mesh-> Face Normals to try to fix it

It Worked for the first mesh, but the second mesh there is still that issue with black square on the ear.

Any idea what is causing the second issue?

[Edit]

Nevermind i got it working, just click on Spells > Batch > Add Tangents Spaces and Update and is fully working now.

THANK YOU!

Archived