Breast Physics and new skeleton delays?

eugenenelson2011

Not to beat a dead horse, but are these things even going to happen in FO4? It seems like its been forever since these mods should have been out. Is there no real support for FO4 with modders? Just trying to get an idea if I should just go back to Skyrim or give this some more time. FO4 to me is fantastic but without those kind of mods to jumpstart things in the community I see my interest not staying in this game. Any ideas or info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

For Skyrim it took serveral years for such mods to see the daylight. Even if the engine is "just an updated version of the creation engine" the modders still need some time. The breast physics-plugin was made by some asian modder and I don't know if he even has any interest in Fallout modding. Maybe it will be possible the use the ingame build physic engine this time, maybe we will need things like the script extender to do such things.

My thought is, when the script extender for Fallout is ready, then is the time for the really great mods to shine.

Feel free to correct me if i am wrong, and excuse my english.

There actually is a thread about this already, called Fallout 4 HDT ?. It's pretty big though (10 pages) so I'll try to summarize it.

Fallout 4 includes a physics engine and this version supports cloth and soft body physics. CBBE includes a weaker form of breast physics, based on the in-game engine. However, we are still trying to figure out what we can do with the engine exactly - among a gazilion other things so it's not the #1 priority, at least for the CBBE team. Ralfetas is trying on his side to do it too.

Using the in-game engine, and assuming we can make some physics work (e.g. breasts and butts) we still aren't able to merge these files properly, meaning that until someone makes a tool to allow merging we are stuck with choosing even if we manage to make it happen.

F4SE will be able to support a HDT-PE mod if it is ever made, but - as said by NuclearSatan just above - Hydrogen (the original HDT author) didn't really make anything since then so we don't really know if he is trying. This is HUGE work though and will need a fully functional F4SE mod (we're far from it at the moment).

About skeletons, well I think Groovtama is working with the CBBE team on physics so he probably considered a XPMSE-like thing. However, the consensus about skeletons was to not make the same mistake Skyrim made, with a skeleton that everybody edited a little to make their thing work which resulted in incompatible mods. So more collaboration, asking around and definition is needed, and above all a skeleton won't be made when it is possible but when it contains everything needed for modders to collaborate.

Finally, I'd like to remind you of something. XPMS (original) is end of 2012, HDT HighHeels System is mid-2013, HDT-PE is mid-2014 and XPMSE is mid-2015. So we are FAR from late on these, based on the timeline and IF it should be the same then in a few days we will have a new skeleton - except that if you read the thing just above, you'll understand why there isn't one yet

I was thinking along the lines of that these mods are already present in other games.  This game in my mind can not be so completely horribly different that mods like the skeleton, which imho is the most important thing to come next, can not use a lot of previous work from those games.  I do understand that things take time and these mods are done on peoples off time, I was just really hoping that all the thousands of hours into skyrim, fo3 and etc. games would make it much easier to port large swaths of those files to work on this game.  If we are a year at least away I feel so many people being unhappy with FO4 to begin with will make the mods coming into this game from now on not very likely.  If there is a strong mod community for this game I dont know about it.  Thanks for the responses though.

I was thinking along the lines of that these mods are already present in other games.  This game in my mind can not be so completely horribly different that mods like the skeleton, which imho is the most important thing to come next, can not use a lot of previous work from those games.  I do understand that things take time and these mods are done on peoples off time, I was just really hoping that all the thousands of hours into skyrim, fo3 and etc. games would make it much easier to port large swaths of those files to work on this game.  If we are a year at least away I feel so many people being unhappy with FO4 to begin with will make the mods coming into this game from now on not very likely.  If there is a strong mod community for this game I dont know about it.  Thanks for the responses though.

That's not how this works. Sure, the modders have some extra experience now, but it's different. Each time a game like this comes out, no matter how similar to another, the modders basically have to learn a new language. The old language will have no impact on the speed in which they learn this new one either.

I remember that it took almost 5 years for modders to break the The Sims 3 animation-engine. By the time Animated Woohoo/Kinky/Graphical XTC were released, The Sims 4 was around the corner. The Sims 4 is in it's second year now and all we have are some basic animations on a loop that have no hooks into the simulation.

However, I'm surprised at the quality (or lack of quality, depending on your brand of sarcasm) of the mods out for FO4. A lot of fresh modders are reinventing the wheel and I feel that's more the problem than established modders having trouble understanding the engine is.

Is the language of the game really that different, Skyrim used Papyrus and I might sound dumb but doesn't this too?  If not I am very surprise in such a short timeframe they would scrap a whole system, albeit I understd thatand papyrus was shit in many peoples eyes, but doesnt the modding community make Bethesda more money in the long run by supporting modders and keeping things kinda simple.  I didnt buy Skyrim until I learned of the modding community because I remember playing th main game on PS3, i know I know, console sucks, but it was a letdown.  Modding made it the best game, arguably of all time.  I would think it would behoove Bethesda to make this process much easier since it does in fact bring more people into the game that normally would not have come without the support.

Is the language of the game really that different, Skyrim used Papyrus and I might sound dumb but doesn't this too?  If not I am very surprise in such a short timeframe they would scrap a whole system, albeit I understd thatand papyrus was shit in many peoples eyes, but doesnt the modding community make Bethesda more money in the long run by supporting modders and keeping things kinda simple.  I didnt buy Skyrim until I learned of the modding community because I remember playing th main game on PS3, i know I know, console sucks, but it was a letdown.  Modding made it the best game, arguably of all time.  I would think it would behoove Bethesda to make this process much easier since it does in fact bring more people into the game that normally would not have come without the support.

A lot of things are different between Fallout 4's papyrus and Skyrim's papyrus, even if the names are the same. The functions used in the core of Skyrim for example don't work the same in FO4 and so we can't just "port" SexLab over here.

Bethesda have their own games to make with the Creation Kit so I think their focus in on that (and not on modding support). They are giving us the tool they used to make the game for free, and that's already cool, plus they are trying to make it easier for us to add things to the game.

However, they can't invest the time/resources to add a way to port things from one game to another if they don't need it themselves. They have a company to run and other games to make.

Wish I knew enough about the higher end aspects of modding to help the big dogs out in some way, but It's all greek to me at that level.  Hopefully Skyrim SSE will be the missing link necessary for figuring out how to apply those kinds of mods to FO4 since it's basically a hybrid of the two.  

Wish I knew enough about the higher end aspects of modding to help the big dogs out in some way, but It's all greek to me at that level.  Hopefully Skyrim SSE will be the missing link necessary for figuring out how to apply those kinds of mods to FO4 since it's basically a hybrid of the two.  

Your idea would have been great!  Yeah, but... no. 

SkyrimSE still has the Regular Skyrim engine/script foundation.   And, sadly, interest for FO4 has fallen off.   Even regular mods, more female 'presets' and 'graphics' changes, weapon adds and cool new storms, but other than those few things, there hasn't been anything more than minor substance changes.  (IMHO.... Radiant mods kill the joy in FO4 more than anything else).

Still, I have hope with the new SSE engine changes, players can build strongholds or have some sort of merchant trade system... 

However, in FO4, I would still love to see some of the cool breeding that was in FONV, but I dont expect to see it anytime soon.

Archived