[TS3] Let's help L666.

Guest Redabyss

Guest Redabyss

try to contact a Russian website http://newsdozor.ru/index.php?board=257.0 there's a whole erotic section on the Sims 3. in section Passion/ Think they will be only too happy. And with Lady you need to contact is necessary. )) 

But what if she doesn't return? I opened up a thread on the subject: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/70158-ts3-discussion-about-releasing-the-latest-update-of-l666-animations/

I mean, I have the latest pack, so I'm concerned for the people who want new stuff but can't because of this situation.

And damn... I bet there's good stuff in there. If only I bothered to learn cyrillic...

I'd be more concerned with the fact that there's been about a month or two of patreon-only releases between now and the last public release it looks like, and now that the newer animations may never see a public release an argument could be made that they're now product and thus infringing as only people who have paid "donated" have received the artistry. I would worry about EA taking action on the funds received through patreon between then and now if that remains the case.

That's one of my biggest concerns with patreon in general: that so many content producers who use it invariably use some sort of copyrighted materials in their content which opens it up to a whole world of potential legal trouble. Take all the licensed resources used in SFM animations for example which occasionally end up being taken down by companies like Blizzard or Nintendo when their characters are used; or mods for the Sims, against which EA has taken action in the past when donations were involved; and more recently Skyrim mods after the whole Steam paid modding controversy, in which case I won't be surprised if/when any patreon modders end up targeted by Bethesda. When money and licensed resources are involved together it's way too easy to end up in legal trouble, even if the content only consists of brand new models, animations, etc meant to be used on a licensed platform and/or with the intent that the final content is free. It seems way too easy to accidentally overstep a legal boundary (I'm not a lawyer and I'm assuming there aren't too many lawyers who moonlight as patreon artists) and even if the content is being created and distributed legally if a bigwig company decides to target a content creator with legal action resolving it could still be a time consuming and expensive process.

In my opinion people who produce free licensed content should do it for the sake of the community and the content itself, as they have in the past, and platforms like patreon should be best left to funding things like services or original IP games and artwork. Maybe that would result in less content being produced, which would be unfortunate for sure, but asking for donations while producing content with/for licensed material is also just asking for trouble.

I'm not a lawyer either (though I'm studying to be a paralegal) but I think TheOniNinja has a very valid point.  If word got out about EA modders using patreon or similar services and giving donators early access, I doubt EA would care that it's "donating to get early access" as opposed to "exclusive access."  Whether or not there is any difference in this case is a gray area, however, and it would be up to a judge to decide.

(Incidentally, this is one reason I hope I never have to work in intellectual property law.)

try to contact a Russian website http://newsdozor.ru/index.php?board=257.0 there's a whole erotic section on the Sims 3. in section Passion/ Think they will be only too happy. And with Lady you need to contact is necessary. )) 

But what if she doesn't return? I opened up a thread on the subject: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/70158-ts3-discussion-about-releasing-the-latest-update-of-l666-animations/

I mean, I have the latest pack, so I'm concerned for the people who want new stuff but can't because of this situation.

And damn... I bet there's good stuff in there. If only I bothered to learn cyrillic...

Hopefully L666 will return eventually to update on the situation and release the work publicly herself as per the Sims TOS, but if not there have always been sites such as the booty where people have legally shared pay-only Sims content, the most current English site probably being The SimsCave which has a sharing subforum for registered members and mentions that it's only for vanished/pay-only content.

maybe you just need to contact (if there is a connection) with the lady to contact the leadership of the Russian website and there to organize the production of its products. Just through the map she presented. it is just an option. I have the penultimate version of the Lady and for me this is unfortunate. I don't know how to (((

Guest Redabyss

If I missed anyone, or if I didn't pass the file to someone, please write me again, I might have did some oversights due to being busy!

Posted to say that I'm no longer continuing passing around the file or editing the op, due to personal reasons.

Thanks for giving it a go!

In other news, I'm one of the ones who don't have the last file, and I'm afraid I just sent my request to you today. If someone else would be gracious enough to share w/ me, I'd appreciate it. I posted my patreon proof way upthread (one of the first posts on page 1).

Patron name: Sarah Kamar

L666 Patron since March 2016.

Email: sarah_el_kamar@yahoo.com

Okay well, thanks a lot. You gave it to all those other people but now you're not going to? It's not like I didn't pay for it, so not trying to get something for nothing.

As Simbot said, if anyone else would be nice enough to pass the last version I'd really appreciate it. As you can see in my above post I was a Patron of L666.

post-612325-0-70013800-1481615567_thumb.jpg

Guest Redabyss

Forget about what I said. I had a crappy day yestarday and I wasn't thinking straight. My car got stolen and, after returning home, I read a comment that freaked me out. I apologize. I will continue editing this thread and passing around the file.

Okay well, thanks a lot. You gave it to all those other people but now you're not going to? It's not like I didn't pay for it, so not trying to get something for nothing.

I'm no Patreon and no substitute for L666. I'm just passing around the file to ex Patreon to help. No point in being mad at me. I'm gonna pass you the file in a bit.

Forget about what I said. I had a crappy day yestarday and I wasn't thinking straight. My car got stolen and, after returning home, I read a comment that freaked me out. I apologize. I will continue editing this thread and passing around the file.

I'm no Patreon and no substitute for L666. I'm just passing around the file to ex Patreon to help. No point in being mad at me. I'm gonna pass you the file in a bit.

Do you have any news about your car, that is awful! :(

Guest Redabyss

Do you have any news about your car, that is awful! :(

No... but I got stolen my fuel some days ago, so it must have been the same person.

Luckily, not only it was a very old car, but my family is gonna help me, so I'm better now.

Yesterday I was in a very bad situation... also because I'm a little stressed by university. Thanks for the concern :)

If I missed anyone, or if I didn't pass the file to someone, please write me again, I might have did some oversights due to being busy!

Hi, redabyss - I don't think I got the file yet. Please can you resend when you're not busy - no rush, hon. I'm not getting a chance to play my Simmies at the moment anyway.  Sorry to hear about your car, but glad to hear things are looking better for you :)

xx

• 2 months later...

I had stopped supporting her for a while just because of financial inability on my end and just went on today to try and resign up only to find the page is down which super sucks. Would love to be able to jump in on supporting her again whenever things get sorted. I go by Nestalia on patreon but haven't been supporting her since probably around Augusthe just cus I couldn't.

• 2 weeks later...