Dog Re-Skin Mods and Adult Mods

Hey guys, another question. This is bestiality related so ignore this thread if that ain't your thing. I definitely did a search of the forums (and google) and couldn't find anything matching my query, so here it is:

Firstly: I use ModOrganizer. While this is definitely not my first time modding, I won't claim to have very intimate knowledge of how everything works. That being said, I have been careful to set up MO so that my Skyrim\Data folder is as 100% untouched as I could. I have no Data\Meshes or Data\Textures folders to play around with, I have never copied and pasted any mod files into my Data folder. EVERYTHING is handled in MO.

On a previous install of Skyrim, I had somehow combined a few mods together that allowed me to swap all of the Irish Wolfhound (vanilla) skins with German Shepherds. It also allowed for perfect mesh swaps so all the cute puppers had a regular sheath and balls between their legs when not aroused, and added the red rocket when aroused. The textures on their equipment perfectly matched the colour of their body.

I stopped playing for a year, came back, and found that 80% of my mods had updates on their download pages. Rather than attempt updating all of them and likely making the game unplayable, I did a fresh install of everything. Skyrim, ModOrganizer, all of my mods... everything. 

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to completely replace the vanilla wolfhound dogs with another dog (husky or GSD). While I love all dogs and wolfhounds (IRL) are fucking adorable and have their own place in my heart, I'm definitely a much bigger fan of other breeds.

If I can get just the GSD working again, that would be great. If I could get the huskies in there as well, 11/10. If there is a way to add any other breeds like those found in the Dogs of Skyrim mod, I'd be elated, but I'm not expecting much since I understand a little bit about .nif files and mesh swaps as handled by mods.

This is my current active modlist:

(This is my MO left pane and for some reason the load order is reversed, so read it from bottom to top if you want an idea of which mods are overwriting others.)

+XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended

+Dual Wield Parrying
+Dodge Mod
+Deadly Combat - Deadly Combat 4_01
+Unlimited Amulets and Rings for the Modern Era
+Unread Books Glow
+3DNPC
+animal mansion redux
+Fuz Ro Doh
+Real Feeding
+Moonlight Tales - Werewolf and Werebear Overhaul
+Deadly Mutilation CBBE Patch
+Deadly Mutilation
+Footprints
+Enhanced Blood Textures
+Masculine Khajiit Textures for SOS (Grey Cat and Leopard)
+Masculine Argonian Textures for SOS (Chameleon and Lizard)
+Better Dialogue Controls
+Auto Unequip Ammo
+Heart of the Beast
+RaceMenu
+The Paarthurnax Dilemma
+The Dance of Death - A Killmove Mod
+Feminine Khajiit Textures for CBBE,UNP (Grey Cat and Leopard)
+Feminine Argonian Textures for CBBE-UNP (Chameleon and Lizard)
+Calientes Beautiful Bodies Edition -CBBE-
+More Nasty Critters
+FloppySOS
+SOS
+SexLabMatchMaker
+SexLabAroused V27c
+SexLab Werewolves
+SexLab Cumshot
+SexLabFramework v162 FULL
+HDT Bounce and Jiggles CBBE
+Realistic Ragdolls and Force
+NetImmerse Override
+Creature Framework
+FNIS Creature Pack
+Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS
+JContainers
+Superior Rock Textures
+Sounds of Skyrim - The Wilds
+Sounds of Skyrim - The Dungeons
+Sounds of Skyrim - Civilization
+Realistic Water Two
+Slower Moving Branches
+Skyrim HD - Terrain Parallax Tribute
+Static Mesh Improvement Mod
+Ultimate HD Fire Effects
+Real Clouds
+aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Content Addon
+aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Dragonborn DLC
+aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Unique Items
+aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Armors
+aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Weapons
+aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Creatures
+Quality Snow HD 4K
+Unbelievable Grass Two
+TreesHD
+Skysight - Simply Bigger Trees
+SkyUI
+PapyrusUtil
+SKSE - Register Custom Animation Events v02
+Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch
+UpdateESM-Clean
*Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack03
*Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack02
*Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack01
+DawnguardESM-Clean
*Unmanaged: Dawnguard
+DragonbornESM-Clean
*Unmanaged: Dragonborn
+HearthfiresESM-Clean
*Unmanaged: HearthFires
+SKSE Scripts

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!

If you want to radically replace the dog, what about making a new "mod" in MO (put everything in "overwrite", rightclick overwrite in MO and make new mod), containing the following directories, with files to replace the original ones:

/data/meshes/actors/dog/character assets/

/data/textures/actors/dog/

Hey, thanks! I will give this a shot. Hopefully the MNC swapping of genitalia works with this; that is my biggest problem. I can get dog skins to work fine, but when I engage in any arousal acts with them, the mesh swaps back to the Irish Wolfhound with genitalia.

If you want to radically replace the dog, what about making a new "mod" in MO (put everything in "overwrite", rightclick overwrite in MO and make new mod), containing the following directories, with files to replace the original ones:

/data/meshes/actors/dog/character assets/

/data/textures/actors/dog/

Interesting. I can see how this might work, but same as my response to Tempestduke: will MNC still manage the mesh swaps from non-aroused to aroused the way I want it to? I have used simple skin replacers before and the problem was that whenever the dog went into an aroused state, MNC switched it to the vanilla wolfhound with a boner.

Hey, @tempestduke: thanks a bunch man! This mod definitely worked!

Originally the arousal didn't work, and animations were only showing their sheaths, but after I made Creature Framework re-register all mods, everything looks gravy!

But holy shit there are dogs EVERYWHERE. Haha. I wonder if there are any tweaks to reduce the amount of dogs in the realm so the NPC count can be lower. I know I've had issues in the past with mods that add more NPCs causing a bottleneck at my CPU.

Thanks so much! Huskies, GSDs, and even still the occasional wolfhound all over my Skyrim. 11/10 achieved. <3

Archived