Lovers slave trade and MCS follower mod question

terrorofmorrowind

I just love LST but the way it handles followers isn't really perfect, that's why i use MCS to make them follow me around and because it has a call function to make them come back to you when they are lost. But since you can't dismiss a slave without making them not a slave anymore it naturally causes problems. When i tell through LST to wait and then use MCS to follow me they run standing still.

So my question, is there a way to remove the "follower" and "wait parts from this mod so that it wouldn't collide with MCS, r better is there a way to make MCS superior over LST. So that they only listen to MCS scripts? Obviously i want to try out the latter one since it requires the least of work and has a lot less potential of failure.

I know this post is a bit over the place but i hope it is clear enough. I don't mind creating another .esp with LST and MCS as dependancies to make it possible.

I never have problems with LST orders. If I tell a slave wait here , he waits till I come back. And foloow me works fine, my slaves never got lost in all the years I play LST.

Sometimes i use MCS.  But to avoid conflict i release (dismiss) the slave from MCS when I train the slave myself or with trainers. ( because MCS orders are superior over LST orders and will mess up the training )

!!You can dismiss a slave ! After dismiss he use the LST orders ( maybe you must give him a new order )

You must dismiss a slave before you sell him or let him "sell flowers",  or he will still follow the last MCS order.

Best use MCS only if the slave shall wait and you want to use the MCS call function later.

If the slave is with you  use the LST orders and dismiss him from MCS ( so you have no problems with training, sell, sell flowers )

-----------------------------------------------

But if you want only MCS:

The easiest way to "delete" LST orders is to remove the script results from the LST order dialogs you don't want.  ( then you still have the LST dialogs, but they have no function)

But you still have the same problem as above, you must dismiss the slave before sell him, train him, let him sell flowers.

The only quirk I spotted with the "follow" command is when I use fast travel, or when crossing doors that lead to another cell. Sometimes the slave(s) lag behind and I have to reload the last autosave (I know, autosaves are not to be trusted, but are exceptionally useful in cases like this). This is why I often pack my slaves ([LST]Pack Slave spell) before fast-travelling or when I don't need their services.

Another good habit I have is taking a permanent savegame in the last location where I left someone. If something goes wrong and the NPC gets lost, I can retrieve the RefID from that save and use one of the console commands:

player.moveto <RefID>

or

prid <RefID>

moveto player

Last time I did it though something went wrong. The game placed my PC in a locked prison cell, in the House of Dementia.

Sick jokes of the game engine, I suppose.

I had to use TCL to get out. But I found the missing NPC afterwards.

The only quirk I spotted with the "follow" command is when I use fast travel, or when crossing doors that lead to another cell. Sometimes the slave(s) lag behind and I have to reload the last autosave (I know, autosaves are not to be trusted, but are exceptionally useful in cases like this). This is why I often pack my slaves ([LST]Pack Slave spell) before fast-travelling or when I don't need their services.

Another good habit I have is taking a permanent savegame in the last location where I left someone. If something goes wrong and the NPC gets lost, I can retrieve the RefID from that save and use one of the console commands:

player.moveto <RefID>

or

prid <RefID>

moveto player

Last time I did it though something went wrong. The game placed my PC in a locked prison cell, in the House of Dementia.

Sick jokes of the game engine, I suppose.

I had to use TCL to get out. But I found the missing NPC afterwards.

Yeah, this is exactly one of the reasons why i made this thread. Perhaps i could try to copy the call system of MCS. That wayi could atleast call them to me. What i also did was just using MCS as main when travelling around in the exterior world and disable it indoors.

I never have problems with LST orders. If I tell a slave wait here , he waits till I come back. And foloow me works fine, my slaves never got lost in all the years I play LST.

Sometimes i use MCS.  But to avoid conflict i release (dismiss) the slave from MCS when I train the slave myself or with trainers. ( because MCS orders are superior over LST orders and will mess up the training )

!!You can dismiss a slave ! After dismiss he use the LST orders ( maybe you must give him a new order )

You must dismiss a slave before you sell him or let him "sell flowers",  or he will still follow the last MCS order.

Best use MCS only if the slave shall wait and you want to use the MCS call function later.

If the slave is with you  use the LST orders and dismiss him from MCS ( so you have no problems with training, sell, sell flowers )

-----------------------------------------------

But if you want only MCS:

The easiest way to "delete" LST orders is to remove the script results from the LST order dialogs you don't want.  ( then you still have the LST dialogs, but they have no function)

But you still have the same problem as above, you must dismiss the slave before sell him, train him, let him sell flowers.

Your method is pretty much what i already do. Tbh the only reason whyi use MCS is because of the call back system, if i could somehow implement that into LST...

I use fast travel to "summon" my slave.

Example: I want to travel to a cave.

If I am too quick and my slave can not follow me and I reach the cave ( still outside the cave), I turn around and no slave behind me.

Then I fast travel to that cave...and the slave stands next to me.

The same with cities or other places,  fast travel always brings my slaves back. i never lost a slave.

-----------------------------

Even If i don't want the slave.

Two month ago I delete and merged some Mods and had to delete all Tamago children. So one of my slaves lost his LST training partner and the LST system set the slave to "follow" ( must be a script function, training partner dead = set the other NPC to follow )

The next fast travel the slave stands next to me. ( the slave was in my player home and I was not in Cyrodiil, I was in Dibellas Watch Mod continent )

I use fast travel to "summon" my slave.

Example: I want to travel to a cave.

If I am too quick and my slave can not follow me and I reach the cave ( still outside the cave), I turn around and no slave behind me.

Then I fast travel to that cave...and the slave stands next to me.

The same with cities or other places,  fast travel always brings my slaves back. i never lost a slave.

-----------------------------

Even If i don't want the slave.

Two month ago I delete and merged some Mods and had to delete all Tamago children. So one of my slaves lost his LST training partner and the LST system set the slave to "follow" ( must be a script function, training partner dead = set the other NPC to follow )

The next fast travel the slave stands next to me. ( the slave was in my player home and I was not in Cyrodiil, I was in Dibellas Watch Mod continent )

hmm, i maybe i have load order issues then because sometimes they don't follow at all, or maybe having fur slaves at once follow me was too overkill for the sytem to handle?

Archived