Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Merging armor/outfits into one mod

Best Answer serpientesmile , 13 November 2016 - 03:49 AM

Merge files it's easy, I use this: 

http://www.nexusmods...&preview=&pUp=1

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

serpientesmile

serpientesmile

Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Then I should not include the master ESM even when the program requests it and I just have to combine the ESPs? 

Yup, any esm's that are master files will simply be required as master files for the new merged mod, from what I am aware from reading about merging mods, you should never include esm's in merged mods.

I never do, if you use the xedit script to merge them it will show the esm files as part of the list as it automatically loads the masters for all mods, but only select the esp files for the armour/weapons mods you want, merge them.

What I normally do when merging mods is create a working directory, unzip all the mods into individual mod directorys, then work through the mods moving each mesh/texture directory to where it should be, rename readme files to the name of the mods esp, and move them into a directory called readme, do the same for screenshots, if there is only one name it after the mods esp, if there are multiple then create a new directory called screenshots, then create a directory under that called the mods name and move them into that.

After doing all that, I will the zip it up, making sure that non of the original mods zip files are included, and install that into mo, this will activate all the esp/bsa and such, do what edits on the individual esp I want to, move each edited esp to the optional esp directory, till all the edits are done, it makes doing edits much less of a chore as it can be done mod by mod so you seem to be getting somewhere, rather than looking at potentially thousands of edits in one mod.

After doing all that then I will merge the mods esp, excluding all esm, though to be honest most armor mods do not have esm, the only one off hand that I know of is the Art of Magic, though that mod I would not merge anyway as it is large enough in its own right to leave it alone.

When you do the merge and copy the assets, which the xedit merge script will allow, you can then zip that file up, and install it, if you use mo, you should then be able to see which mods it overwrites, which should be all of the mods you merged.

Currently working on my first UUNP merged mod after switching from CBBE to UUNP, got about 20 or so esp to edit before merging.

My edits are, add heavy/light/clothing versions where they are not already present;

Add male appropriate meshes where not included.

Edit keywords for consistency, so player made armour that is like dragonplate but keyword it to things like leather/iron.

Create crafting/tempering recepies for each armor piece, and make them appropriate to the armour, ie if the armor has the stats of dragonplate then it will require the same materials to craft as dragonplate does including appropriate smithing perks.

Edit price, weight etc for consistency with vanilla costs.

It does however take quite a bit of time, doing it to armour mods that add, 1 set 4 items are pretty quick, doing it to something like aradia kato however takes ages, as that mod has a lot of base items, editing each item and doing the other changes takes quite a bit of time.

Why, because I use lootification to add them to npc/enchanted loot items, last thing I want is some lv1 bandit equipped with armor/weapons that are as good as daedric/ebony or such because of dodgy keywords in their settings, and if you use perkma/skyre, you can end up with some seriously over powered gear, because of values in the armor/weapons sheets.

Thanks a lot! You were right, first I tried to combine the ESP files with the Master File inside the merged package but errors appeared. Then I made a new package including only the ESP files and works wonderfully! the Master File is required without being inside the merged file, it's like magic!  :lol:

Does this work the same good for more complex mods? like in mods with scripts? 

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

Varithina

Varithina

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Thanks a lot! You were right, first I tried to combine the ESP files with the Master File inside the merged package but errors appeared. Then I made a new package including only the ESP files and works wonderfully! the Master File is required without being inside the merged file, it's like magic!  :lol:

Not too sure myself, as the only things I tend to merge are armour/weapons mods, though I did merge the high level enemies mod and after making sure that the bsa files were active in mo it worked fine, though I don't tend to merge mods unless they have not been updated in the past year, due to not wanting to constantly create new merges when they get updated.

Your best bet in that instance is to check the forums on nexus for the merge version you are using, they tend to list or at least show which mods can/can not be merged or at least which ones other people have tried to merge.

serpientesmile

serpientesmile

Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Not too sure myself, as the only things I tend to merge are armour/weapons mods, though I did merge the high level enemies mod and after making sure that the bsa files were active in mo it worked fine, though I don't tend to merge mods unless they have not been updated in the past year, due to not wanting to constantly create new merges when they get updated.

Your best bet in that instance is to check the forums on nexus for the merge version you are using, they tend to list or at least show which mods can/can not be merged or at least which ones other people have tried to merge.

Okay, thanks. 

I thought in merge SexLab but I think it is suicide to do that then.  :P

serpientesmile

serpientesmile

Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Hi! Do you know why some parts of the armors become invisible when they are merged? Is a serious problem! and I had not noticed it until I checked all the merged armors ... heck! it was too good to be true!  :(

Please help with this! 

Varithina

Varithina

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Hi! Do you know why some parts of the armors become invisible when they are merged? Is a serious problem! and I had not noticed it until I checked all the merged armors ... heck! it was too good to be true!  :(

Please help with this! 

Normally what I do when this happens is unpack the original file and copy and past the meshes/textures folders into my new merged armour pack, that normally sorts its out for me, if it does not then it might be worth checking the old mod to see if that worked before.

yatol

yatol

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,992 posts

you merge xx and zz to xz esp

you wear xxyyyyyy, 01yyyyyy and zzyyyyyy

game can no longer find xxyyyyyy and zzyyyyyy -> bye bye those armors, you have to craft xzzzzzzz and xzzzzzzy to replace them

serpientesmile

serpientesmile

Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Please help with this! 

Normally what I do when this happens is unpack the original file and copy and past the meshes/textures folders into my new merged armour pack, that normally sorts its out for me, if it does not then it might be worth checking the old mod to see if that worked before.

For that reason was very strange for me that some parts of the armors were invisible, because I always check a mod before merging and all worked perfect before merging.   :(

I placed the folder of textures and meshes from the armors inside the merged file but it did not work, the armors are still invisible, any other advice? 

serpientesmile

serpientesmile

Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

you merge xx and zz to xz esp

you wear xxyyyyyy, 01yyyyyy and zzyyyyyy

game can no longer find xxyyyyyy and zzyyyyyy -> bye bye those armors, you have to craft xzzzzzzz and xzzzzzzy to replace them

I really do not understand what you mean, but I've created the armor in the forge and it does not work, they remain invisible.

Varithina

Varithina

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

For that reason was very strange for me that some parts of the armors were invisible, because I always check a mod before merging and all worked perfect before merging.   :(

I placed the folder of textures and meshes from the armors inside the merged file but it did not work, the armors are still invisible, any other advice? 

Do the invisible armours come from a mod that uses a bsa to store stuff? If it does try unpacking the bsa, if you use mo though you could also try going into archive tab and seeing if the new merged mod has bsa files linked to it and then activating them if they are not.

serpientesmile

serpientesmile

Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Do the invisible armours come from a mod that uses a bsa to store stuff? If it does try unpacking the bsa, if you use mo though you could also try going into archive tab and seeing if the new merged mod has bsa files linked to it and then activating them if they are not.

Some armors in the merged file contain stuff extracted by the program from a bsa, but the strange thing is that those armors work perfectly and the armors that do not have stuff extracted from a bsa ... have invisible parts. I do not know what else to do.   :(

Varithina

Varithina

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Some armors in the merged file contain stuff extracted by the program from a bsa, but the strange thing is that those armors work perfectly and the armors that do not have stuff extracted from a bsa ... have invisible parts. I do not know what else to do.   :(

Right, try extracting all the stuff from the various bsa used by the merged armour, do not forget to delete the unpacked bsa though, and see if that sorts it, as it seems those still using the bsa are not working correctly for you, if that does not sort it then I have no idea what is going on.

serpientesmile

serpientesmile

Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Right, try extracting all the stuff from the various bsa used by the merged armour, do not forget to delete the unpacked bsa though, and see if that sorts it, as it seems those still using the bsa are not working correctly for you, if that does not sort it then I have no idea what is going on.

Nope, is the other way ... Files with bsa work perfectly, while some files without bsa do not work well. Do you say that I have to remove the armors that load bsa and test the merged file without it? 

yatol

yatol

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,992 posts

Nope, is the other way ... Files with bsa work perfectly, while some files without bsa do not work well. Do you say that I have to remove the armors that load bsa and test the merged file without it? 

why don't you just load tesedit to take a look at those armors in your merge esp?

and while you are it, check for errors the merge esp, if you didn't did that to original esp... tesedit don't copy paste errors

serpientesmile

serpientesmile

Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

why don't you just load tesedit to take a look at those armors in your merge esp?

and while you are it, check for errors the merge esp, if you didn't did that to original esp... tesedit don't copy paste errors

I am not an expert girl in this kind of things but I will try it!

The program to merge files does not find any type of error, what difference is there between that program and TES5Edit? 

yatol

yatol

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,992 posts

The program to merge files does not find any type of error, what difference is there between that program and TES5Edit? 

falskaar have an error in navigation mesh info

some missing door or whatever, don't know, don't know either where the ctd zone is

if you try merging that mod, your will have navigation mesh info until the error, then nothing

and the merge esp will be ctd paradise in falskaar worldspace

merge plugin it's a tesedit plugin

using it without checking what you merge can be merge, it's just asking for troubles

serpientesmile

serpientesmile

Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

falskaar have an error in navigation mesh info

some missing door or whatever, don't know, don't know either where the ctd zone is

if you try merging that mod, your will have navigation mesh info until the error, then nothing

and the merge esp will be ctd paradise in falskaar worldspace

merge plugin it's a tesedit plugin

using it without checking what you merge can be merge, it's just asking for troubles

TES5Edit does not find any type of error in the merged file, I do not know what else to do.   :(

Oh no ... I never merge complex mods like Falskaar, only clothes, armors, accessories and weapons.

Varithina

Varithina

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

About the only thing I can think of now is to load the problem armour into nifskope, check the texture paths then check to see if the files required are actually where the meshes think the paths are, you would be surprised at the number of time they do not match after merging, thought why is something that is kinda odd, especially if they worked before merging.

serpientesmile

serpientesmile

Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

About the only thing I can think of now is to load the problem armour into nifskope, check the texture paths then check to see if the files required are actually where the meshes think the paths are, you would be surprised at the number of time they do not match after merging, thought why is something that is kinda odd, especially if they worked before merging.

Nifskope it's a program like Body Slide and Outfit Studio? 

How do I solve the problem in case that it was the problem?

Another question ... how do Bodyslide armors are merged? Do you have to include the folder Caliente Tools inside the merged file or just the textures and meshes? By example for this armor  https://drive.google...HFsYWF2dVU/view

Greetings.

Varithina

Varithina

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Another question ... how do Bodyslide armors are merged? Do you have to include the folder Caliente Tools inside the merged file or just the textures and meshes? By example for this armor  https://drive.google...HFsYWF2dVU/view

Greetings.

Yep, nifskope is a program for dealing with surprise surpirse nif, its on nexus and it has just been updated, well recently anyway. Start it up and choose load file then navigate to where the problem armour is, you can find it's nif name and path from the armor add on in ck or it should be findeable from xedit, though where it is there I am not too sure.

And yeh just add all the caliente tools folder for the armour to the merged pack and providing they already worked, they should now still work.  Do be aware though you can end up with some big merged armour packs, most of mine are of about 50 armour mods and all their bodyslide files and tend to be around the 3-4gb size each.  If you use nmm that can from what I am aware be a potential problem as from what I have read does not like large files, in that case it might be better to pack all the meshes in one file all the textures in another, the bodyslide files in another, and add the merged esp to which ever pack you want to.

Though you could keep the bodyslide stuff seperate, and just add that as another mod, as I know the book of iron  and steel pack at one point had a download of about 300mb for the main file but the bodyslide for it was nearly 2gb.

Whether you add the bodyslide files to the main merge or keep them seperate and add all the bodyslide files for the merge into one bodyslide merge pack is pretty much up to you, at one point I ran both cbbe and a uunp setup for various reasons, so had the bodyslide files for each armor with the armour pack in question and named with the body type, mainly for easy when installing stuff and sorting it.

serpientesmile

serpientesmile

Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Greetings.

Yep, nifskope is a program for dealing with surprise surpirse nif, its on nexus and it has just been updated, well recently anyway. Start it up and choose load file then navigate to where the problem armour is, you can find it's nif name and path from the armor add on in ck or it should be findeable from xedit, though where it is there I am not too sure.

And yeh just add all the caliente tools folder for the armour to the merged pack and providing they already worked, they should now still work.  Do be aware though you can end up with some big merged armour packs, most of mine are of about 50 armour mods and all their bodyslide files and tend to be around the 3-4gb size each.  If you use nmm that can from what I am aware be a potential problem as from what I have read does not like large files, in that case it might be better to pack all the meshes in one file all the textures in another, the bodyslide files in another, and add the merged esp to which ever pack you want to.

Though you could keep the bodyslide stuff seperate, and just add that as another mod, as I know the book of iron  and steel pack at one point had a download of about 300mb for the main file but the bodyslide for it was nearly 2gb.

Whether you add the bodyslide files to the main merge or keep them seperate and add all the bodyslide files for the merge into one bodyslide merge pack is pretty much up to you, at one point I ran both cbbe and a uunp setup for various reasons, so had the bodyslide files for each armor with the armour pack in question and named with the body type, mainly for easy when installing stuff and sorting it.

The largest merger of armor I've made is 20, and that Merged file it's my problem, I have checked all the armors, and only 2 do not work correctly. I will put some pictures of them. 

The first armor and the cape, do not present any problem, so I do not know what is wrong with them. The second armor have a problem, except by the arms and legs, when open it in NifSkope the armor looks totally different as it should look in the game, I do not know how to fix it. The armor or body also has a kind of extra meshes in the vagina and nipples, it's strange.   :wacko:

Okay, I will try to merge BodySlide files, Your tips on merge armors with HDT HighHeels System, Were successful! so I believe you! thanks!   :)

Attached Files