Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Merging armor/outfits into one mod

Best Answer serpientesmile , 13 November 2016 - 03:49 AM

Merge files it's easy, I use this: 

http://www.nexusmods...&preview=&pUp=1

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Rektas69

Rektas69

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Hello, so I have lots of armor mods and the thing is I really want to merge them into one.. Is there a way to merge the mods into one? With meshes and other files of mods included?

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

serpientesmile

serpientesmile

Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
✓  Best Answer

Rektas69

Rektas69

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Thanks a lot!!!

serpientesmile

serpientesmile

Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Thanks a lot!!!

You're welcome.  :P

SassaAria

SassaAria

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Hope it works for you.  Just in case...

that mod works for merging some mods, and other mods have issue.

Had issues.  Check the nexus bug list or posts to see what others have..

Would be nice if it does work especially since it tries to merge scripts as well.

Ended up using the older version like someone else recco'd in the nexus posts >Merge Plugins V1.9

It uses the Tes5edit and you just have to move script into right bin.

Worked great for compiling large numbers of outfits.

serpientesmile

serpientesmile

Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Hope it works for you.  Just in case...

that mod works for merging some mods, and other mods have issue.

Had issues.  Check the nexus bug list or posts to see what others have..

Would be nice if it does work especially since it tries to merge scripts as well.

Ended up using the older version like someone else recco'd in the nexus posts >Merge Plugins V1.9

It uses the Tes5edit and you just have to move script into right bin.

Worked great for compiling large numbers of outfits.

Hi! talking about that ... I have mixed a LOT of armors that only use the main master files of the game and everything is perfect ... but I also have many armors that use master files like the .ESM of HDT High Heels, so my question is ... If I mix that type of files then do I have to disable the checkbox of the master file in the NMM? after the merge the HDT High Heels master only will be used for the armors merged and not for the others? I can not understand it well, for that reason I only merge armors, weapons, and files with the default Master files. 

SassaAria

SassaAria

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Hi! talking about that ... I have mixed a LOT of armors that only use the main master files of the game and everything is perfect ... but I also have many armors that use master files like the .ESM of HDT High Heels, so my question is ... If I mix that type of files then do I have to disable the checkbox of the master file in the NMM? after the merge the HDT High Heels master only will be used for the armors merged and not for the others? I can not understand it well, for that reason I only merge armors, weapons, and files with the default Master files. 

Not sure.  Sorry best I can do is only answer what I do.

This is where that newer MergeProgram has one of its issues.  It's not working for me with non-vanilla .esm's.

Maybe for starters try merging 2 outfits with HDTHighheels.esm and see if you can get it working?

For me, used the earlier version 1.9 and issue solved. 

Didn't have to worry about mixing and matching.  Just loaded them all up and merged them into one.

I do manual install, so not sure about NMM.

serpientesmile

serpientesmile

Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Not sure.  Sorry best I can do is only answer what I do.

This is where that newer MergeProgram has one of its issues.  It's not working for me with non-vanilla .esm's.

Maybe for starters try merging 2 outfits with HDTHighheels.esm and see if you can get it working?

For me, used the earlier version 1.9 and issue solved. 

Didn't have to worry about mixing and matching.  Just loaded them all up and merged them into one.

I do manual install, so not sure about NMM.

I will try it. Maybe my fear is unfounded and if it can be done without troubles.

In the new version of the program it seems that it is also possible to combine everything without making distinction of categories as long as the files do not have scripts, but I like to do combinations by categories to be less confuse to me and to be more easy rebuild a merged file. 

Hey ... if you do not use Mod Manager, you delete the .ESP files of the Mods merged on the Data folder or how work that? 

SassaAria

SassaAria

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Hey ... if you do not use Mod Manager, you delete the .ESP files of the Mods merged on the Data folder or how work that? 

You guessed exactly right :)

Am interested to hear how you make out with the hdthighheels.esm merge.

Varithina

Varithina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Do not include esm masters as part of a merged mod.

Exclude them from the merge and your merge mod will simply require those masters as its masters the same way the previous esp's did.

serpientesmile

serpientesmile

Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

You guessed exactly right :)

Am interested to hear how you make out with the hdthighheels.esm merge.

Oh! cool! I was right   :P  I'm not very good with manual install. 

I was going to do the procedure with the .ESM but I read the comment of Varithina, I think I need more info about it. :s  

Do not include esm masters as part of a merged mod.

Exclude them from the merge and your merge mod will simply require those masters as its masters the same way the previous esp's did.

Then I should not include the master ESM even when the program requests it and I just have to combine the ESPs? 

Varithina

Varithina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Then I should not include the master ESM even when the program requests it and I just have to combine the ESPs? 

Yup, any esm's that are master files will simply be required as master files for the new merged mod, from what I am aware from reading about merging mods, you should never include esm's in merged mods.

I never do, if you use the xedit script to merge them it will show the esm files as part of the list as it automatically loads the masters for all mods, but only select the esp files for the armour/weapons mods you want, merge them.

What I normally do when merging mods is create a working directory, unzip all the mods into individual mod directorys, then work through the mods moving each mesh/texture directory to where it should be, rename readme files to the name of the mods esp, and move them into a directory called readme, do the same for screenshots, if there is only one name it after the mods esp, if there are multiple then create a new directory called screenshots, then create a directory under that called the mods name and move them into that.

After doing all that, I will the zip it up, making sure that non of the original mods zip files are included, and install that into mo, this will activate all the esp/bsa and such, do what edits on the individual esp I want to, move each edited esp to the optional esp directory, till all the edits are done, it makes doing edits much less of a chore as it can be done mod by mod so you seem to be getting somewhere, rather than looking at potentially thousands of edits in one mod.

After doing all that then I will merge the mods esp, excluding all esm, though to be honest most armor mods do not have esm, the only one off hand that I know of is the Art of Magic, though that mod I would not merge anyway as it is large enough in its own right to leave it alone.

When you do the merge and copy the assets, which the xedit merge script will allow, you can then zip that file up, and install it, if you use mo, you should then be able to see which mods it overwrites, which should be all of the mods you merged.

Currently working on my first UUNP merged mod after switching from CBBE to UUNP, got about 20 or so esp to edit before merging.

My edits are, add heavy/light/clothing versions where they are not already present;

Add male appropriate meshes where not included.

Edit keywords for consistency, so player made armour that is like dragonplate but keyword it to things like leather/iron.

Create crafting/tempering recepies for each armor piece, and make them appropriate to the armour, ie if the armor has the stats of dragonplate then it will require the same materials to craft as dragonplate does including appropriate smithing perks.

Edit price, weight etc for consistency with vanilla costs.

It does however take quite a bit of time, doing it to armour mods that add, 1 set 4 items are pretty quick, doing it to something like aradia kato however takes ages, as that mod has a lot of base items, editing each item and doing the other changes takes quite a bit of time.

Why, because I use lootification to add them to npc/enchanted loot items, last thing I want is some lv1 bandit equipped with armor/weapons that are as good as daedric/ebony or such because of dodgy keywords in their settings, and if you use perkma/skyre, you can end up with some seriously over powered gear, because of values in the armor/weapons sheets.

SassaAria

SassaAria

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Yup, any esm's that are master files will simply be required as master files for the new merged mod, from what I am aware from reading about merging mods, you should never include esm's in merged mods.

I never do, if you use the xedit script to merge them it will show the esm files as part of the list as it automatically loads the masters for all mods, but only select the esp files for the armour/weapons mods you want, merge them.

By xedit script do you mean the old one 1.9 or the new one with the gui that serpientssmile linked ?

That's my issue with new one.

Toggle any non-vanilla esm to use it alongside the esps and there's no option to just set it as a reference.

Run the new tool and the esm is bundled,  Doesn't seem right at all.

Oldtool (v1.9) pick them all (esps and required esms) in tes5edit, run script and the new bigesp just has esps.

Then still keep esm in load order but delete all the esps that you merged. 

A tes5edit check of the new esp created by oldtool shows just the esps.

A tes5edit check of the new esp created by newtool shows both esms and esps.

If there is something I'm missing, please let me know.

Varithina

Varithina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Hmm, not too sure its been quite a while since I last made a merge mod, but I did use the stand alone gui version to do it with, but to be honest I find it much harder to use than the xedit script version, but you can just select the esp files to make the merge from.

Ok done a quite play around, using the merge pack I am currently working on, when you start the gui merger up, you first choose the profile for the game you want, if you use mo then run the merger through mo.

For the gui version this is a quick guide on how to do it, or at least its one that works for me anyway.

Choose your game, you then get the choose plugin list, select only the plugins you want, as well as any masters they require, hdt, dawnguard etc.  If you select each esp you want in your merge it will highlight all the required masters for that esp, make sure to select all the required plugins and master files for the merge.

You will then get a page showing all the esp/esm used in that list of files, select the esp files you want to merge, which should be all of them, but not any of the esm files, and choose add to merge, it will then ask you what the merge is called and what the merge esp will be called, I normally set them both to the same thing.

In the main window you should now see the name of the merge pack in the merge column, it should only be showing next to the esps you want in the merge pack and should not include any esm or other master files.

After that, select the find errors option from the top of the bar, when its run if there are any errors, select one of the files and right click and choose errors, fix errors, the build merge icon should now show as useable, it should then work through the selected esp files copying assets to the directory you choose to build the merge file to, it should not include any of the master files, hdt/dawnguard etc.

SassaAria

SassaAria

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Did you get it working ? :)

(snippy)

K, you are definately my heroine. xoxo

Thank very much for doing that.

Now have this newGUImerge tool working - well mostly.

One set of esm/esps still had access violation error, which is what I used to have for outfits with extra master of hdtheels.esm.

Only way around was to merge master, which was what i was describing earlier.

I converted everything to NioHeels since, and so I only needed Heel sounds.esm today and that worked.

Your steps are exactly what i did before.  But i was getting access violation before.  Tried every which way - repeatedly.

But your steps made me try again and success this time!

One of those WTF computer moments.

Merged a bunch of utilities with scripts now.

See how that goes in game. 

Varithina

Varithina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

K, you are definately my heroine. xoxo

Thank very much for doing that.

Now have this newGUImerge tool working - well mostly.

One set of esm/esps still had access violation error, which is what I used to have for outfits with extra master of hdtheels.esm.

Only way around was to merge master, which was what i was describing earlier.

I converted everything to NioHeels since, and so I only needed Heel sounds.esm today and that worked.

Your steps are exactly what i did before.  But i was getting access violation before.  Tried every which way - repeatedly.

But your steps made me try again and success this time!

One of those WTF computer moments.

Merged a bunch of utilities with scripts now.

See how that goes in game. 

Hmm, a few armour packs do include esms for storing their stuff, in which case I think you would need to include those esm into merges as it changes the references in the esp, but does not then change the esm references unless included in the merge, but armour/weapon mods with esm are quite uncommon, the only one I know of is the art of magic, and that is a big enough mod on its own to not include into a merge.

Though I am pretty sure I saw something about max size being 4gb for something to do with merges, just can not remember where I saw it or what it was refering to, in which case some of the access violations could be something to do with that.

Also it might well be worth checking the esp/esm combos that are causing problems in the ck/xedit, and see if the esp has update.esm as a master if not try adding it then force saving the esp, then try the merge again, I found doing that can solve a lot of missing or out of order record errors for armour mods, which could be causing the access violation errors, or at least is solved most of the out of order records errors from them for me anyway.

SassaAria

SassaAria

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Also it might well be worth checking the esp/esm combos that are causing problems in the ck/xedit, and see if the esp has update.esm as a master if not try adding it then force saving the esp, then try the merge again, I found doing that can solve a lot of missing or out of order record errors for armour mods, which could be causing the access violation errors, or at least is solved most of the out of order records errors from them for me anyway.

That sounds like a good trick.

I find the the older script one easier to use and will likely use that when i can (esp selection is easier for starters using search bar in tesedit).

But for merging esps with scripts apparently need new one, so I may just need that trick.

Thanks again!

Vortec

Vortec

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

I thought it was best practice to Not merge scripts, unless you know what your doing, i to had problems merging Mods with HDTHeels as Master before.

SassaAria

SassaAria

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

I thought it was best practice to Not merge scripts, unless you know what your doing, i to had problems merging Mods with HDTHeels as Master before.

LOL i knew i shouldn't post anything like that without having done and tested it first.

That is excellent advice.

In my case, the plan was always to go slow and test to see what works and does not.

Also doing smallers script files, like remove helmet toggle, interactive wash basins, a matter of time, simply knock and so on.

I'm considering actually to unpack the bsa's, and not use that mergeplug-in script feature.

These plugins are all ones that i'm likely not to update any more anyway because they work fine now.

I'm a manual installer so my workflow will be different than MO or NMM users.

I'm really not worried about the performance loss of unpacking 10-20 smaller bsa's.

I see in the mergeplugins gui there's comments provided about some plugins.

There's comments about racemenu.  Users say it merged fine too.  Am skeptical for the moment.

Some esps aren't worth packing becasue they'll take too much time to test all the variations.

We'll see.

WIP for now.

serpientesmile

serpientesmile

Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Did you get it working ? :)

Hi. Sorry for the late response, I do not play much.  :P

If I made it work and it's super easy!   :lol: