HDT vs BBP?

icehaku

Hi all, I'm new to Skyrim modding so I am looking for some help. When I tried to install XPMSE, it said that I had to choose between BBP and HDT. I want to use the 7base body so I wasn't sure what to pick so I am stuck during my modding process. Furthermore, there are some cool HDT mods on here that I want to try using so I think I prefer HDT but I'm not sure if 7base supports that. Could someone help me through this?

The skeleton you use is what determines weather you can use hdt or bbp or whatever else.

Most people these days use hdt because its just better... i would recommend it for what little that is worth.

Side note for if/when you do install, be sure to install the skeleton (xpmse) last, letting it overwrite when necessary.

HDT vs BBP are two methods to simulate body movement like boob jiggling and alike while walking/fighting/ ...

HDT uses the physics engine to generate the movement live on-the-fly, (T)BBP has the movement built-in into the animation itself. The main advantage of HDT now is that it reacts to EVERY movement and also collision if enabled, also it may look different under certain circumstances. BBP on the other side looks always the same, eg while walking the boobs will bounce the exact same way for every step.

TL;DR: Nowadays you may always choose HDT over every alternative ;)

Archived