I've been trying to make a custom BodySlide slider to augment a particular body part. This is one of the advertised features of BodySlide/Outfit Studio, but I can't actually find any documentation on how exactly to accomplish this (and believe me, I've searched). I've gotten as far as going into Outfit Studio>Slider>New Slider, toggling Edit Mode and using the brushes to create the desired shape on the reference body... but now what? What are the next steps if I want to have outfits and bodies conform to this new slider, or (and I'm not sure if this is easily accomplishable but it would be nice) adjust the new slider through RaceMenu in-game?

So once again, I've gotten as far as creating the desired shape in Outfit Studio. Is the next step to "save project as" or "export slider data" or what? Actually making the slider in Outfit Studio isn't the hard part, my problem is I have no idea what to do after that.

• 3 weeks later...
If you use "quote" to answer,
You get rather an answer - no one follows every thread. ;)

All Steps as an example - here CBBE Body:

1. Load this Body as Project OR as Reference.

2. Create a new slider and activate the new slider

3. Reshape (with active new slider)

4. Save Project as.

Note:
1. Use a new project name (eg CBBE Custom Slider)
2. Use the projectname in projectfolder etc (a button is available)

Now you can use your new slider in bodyslide - but only in the outfits that you created with it.

Subsequently the new slider in other outfits take over:
(A possible way - export and import of slider data also works if certain conditions are fulfilled.)

1. Open your outfit as a project in OS.
2. Load your CBBE Custom Slider as a reference
3. If the outfit has the same mesh as your reference, delete the mesh of the outfit (here in the example it would be the body / baseshape)
4. Check if all sliders for the outfit still work - and if your new slider works (should only be for your reference)
5. Select your outfit -> Uncheck all sliders -> Check only your new slider
6. Now you can transfer the new slider - select "only selected" or something similar.
7. If everything works - the usual steps - save as project - done

If you use "quote" to answer,
You get rather an answer - no one follows every thread. ;)

All Steps as an example - here CBBE Body:

1. Load this Body as Project OR as Reference.

2. Create a new slider and activate the new slider

3. Reshape (with active new slider)

4. Save Project as.

Note:
1. Use a new project name (eg CBBE Custom Slider)
2. Use the projectname in projectfolder etc (a button is available)

Now you can use your new slider in bodyslide - but only in the outfits that you created with it.

Subsequently the new slider in other outfits take over:
(A possible way - export and import of slider data also works if certain conditions are fulfilled.)

1. Open your outfit as a project in OS.
2. Load your CBBE Custom Slider as a reference
3. If the outfit has the same mesh as your reference, delete the mesh of the outfit (here in the example it would be the body / baseshape)
4. Check if all sliders for the outfit still work - and if your new slider works (should only be for your reference)
5. Select your outfit -> Uncheck all sliders -> Check only your new slider
6. Now you can transfer the new slider - select "only selected" or something similar.
7. If everything works - the usual steps - save as project - done

Thanks for explaining. Yeah, I had forgotten that quoting on this forum actually alerts the person being quoted.

So the method you describe actually creates a custom body than can be selected from the drop down menu as an option when building. Is there a way to make a proper, fully functional slider scalable within the BodySlide program itself, like all the other default sliders with high and low weight scales?

And what do you mean by "the new slider in other outfits take over"? Is there more to it than just rebuilding all outfits with reference to the custom body?

When you save your project, the "Low / Heigh Weight Option" option is selected.

This is activated by default for Skyrim.

If this option is activated (default), Bodyslide will create a version weight 0 and a version weight 1.

In the preview of BodySlide you can see it.

Ultimately, it depends on the morph you want to create.

You can set in OS how the slider should be at weight 0 and at weight 1 as default.

For this -In OS Check your slider and press Tab.

Expample:

post-591799-0-73909700-1481062958_thumb.jpg

With "the new slider in other outfits take over" -  Is only one of many possibilities/Variants described.

All variants have the advantages and disadvantages.

Rebuilding - as you write is also a possibility / variant.

If you get along well, do it.

And sorry, for my Google English ;)

When you save your project, the "Low / Heigh Weight Option" option is selected.
This is activated by default for Skyrim.

If this option is activated (default), Bodyslide will create a version weight 0 and a version weight 1.

In the preview of BodySlide you can see it.

Ultimately, it depends on the morph you want to create.

You can set in OS how the slider should be at weight 0 and at weight 1 as default.

For this -In OS Check your slider and press Tab.

Expample:

With "the new slider in other outfits take over" -  Is only one of many possibilities/Variants described.

All variants have the advantages and disadvantages.
Rebuilding - as you write is also a possibility / variant.
If you get along well, do it.

And sorry, for my Google English ;)

Just to be sure I understand - do I have to manually conform each of my outfits with respect to the new slider in Outfit Studio, one at a time?

• 2 years later...

Necroing this, just because that's how I roll.

Pretty sure there were a lot of translation/communication issues with this.

I'm working on creating custom sliders for the UNP body type, versus creating a completely new body...

so I've been messing around with all this and think I can elaborate a little bit:

Andy was right in how to do the above task in question.... but possibly misunderstood some parts of what Ches was trying to do -

If you want to batch build using these custom sliders or have them treated as normal/additional sliders:

the trick is to use a REFERENCE body (UNP or CBBE) instead of a NIF [that you probably got from building a body in BS].

To further elaborate:

If you import your body/outfit as a NIF file versus a REFERENCE body, your custom sliders will be all that is/can be applied to that specific body (which is not referenced to any others and is just a SINGLE instance of a NIF file).

If you use a REFERENCE body (UNP or CBBE) when creating a new project, you can add new sliders to that body and, supposedly, every reference of that body; and the sliders should be usable in BS (not just OS) alongside the default sliders.

[I made the mistake of using a NIF instead of a reference and spent hours sculpting sliders before realizing, and now have to start over (but made sure to test a slider first this time in BS).]

For your sliders to show up in BS after saving the project, simply select it from the "Outfit/Body" drop-down menu; whatever you named the 'outfit' when saving the project (this can be different from the project name).

EDIT: using the reference shape will allow you to use any presets that were originally created for that body shape (so the original UNP/CBBE), and allow you to use your new custom sliders to alter that preset (but you'll obviously need to save the preset for those changes to stay).

I'm pretty sure that if you create custom sliders, however... you won't be able to use OTHER custom sliders together (unless they're applied to the same 'outfit' - or in this case, body). Maybe there's a way around this... but since the method of selecting your custom sliders is by choosing the body and not, like, importing a sliderset... It just won't work unless someone else is sharing the same project file with you or something.

Pretty sure that's what Andy was talking about with "new slider in other will take over"; s/he was probably talking about when you 'import' slidersets into OS (not BS), it deletes other sliders you have loaded... so, like, the default sliders that come with BS/OS will be replaced by the imported sliders.

I hope this helps someone!

• 2 years later...
8 hours ago, botticelli said:

Does anyone know how to attach a morph to an inverse slider like breasts? I end up having the reverse effect. Checking/Unchecking the "Inverse" box of the slider settings doesn't seem to help.

Are you trying to create a custom slider that uses some negative values?

9 hours ago, venomr said:

Are you trying to create a custom slider that uses some negative values?

No, I'm trying to use an existing CBBE slider (Breasts) to make some udders larger. I have the base shape and need to morph it into the 100% shape for the slider. But with breasts that is actually smaller than the base shape. Deactivating the "Inverse" box doesn't help and also setting the slider to 0 while in edit mode doesn't help.

3 hours ago, botticelli said:

No, I'm trying to use an existing CBBE slider (Breasts) to make some udders larger. I have the base shape and need to morph it into the 100% shape for the slider. But with breasts that is actually smaller than the base shape. Deactivating the "Inverse" box doesn't help and also setting the slider to 0 while in edit mode doesn't help.

Ah that's right. I believe the difference between CBBE on Skyrim LE and SE is that the breast slider values are inverted, which is why LE bodyslide presets don't work for SE. The lower body will look fine but the breasts will collapse instead of inflate. (or maybe that's the difference between UNP and CBBE I forget.)

Well, I tried moving the udder up to the chest, conforming the udder mesh to the nude body, then pressing the "F" key to move the udder back down to the lower body.