Boston Breeder - Early Access contest

pepertje

CONTEST CLOSED!

Congratulations to all winners and to those who didn't win, the public release will come in early 2017 ;)

Featured challenges:

Challenge 1:

In the picture below are 4 lovely ladies who will be making an appearance in Boston Breeder. The beautiful thing is: they were in a Fertile Breeder plugin as well! All you have to do, is guess who these characters are. It might be challenging, so I'll give you a hint: from left to right, they appear in Fertile Breeder, FB-Captured, FB-Jade and FB-DC Breeder respectively.

The first 10 people to get all 4 characters right will get early access and a chance to alpha test the mod until public release.

OOCrmC9f.jpg

The correct answers:

1) Dr. Suzan Wolfe, the doctor at the Old Mormon Fort.

2) Mariana Brooke, the fellow captive in the Callville quests.

3) Jade Greene, met aboard Zeta, and everyone's favorite Breeding companion.

4) April Bourne, Captain Bourne's daughter.

Challenge 2:

In Fertile Breeder, there's a number of siblings. Across all the plugins I've released (Fertile Breeder, FBCaptured, FBFarm, FBZeta, FBJade, FBDCBreeder) almost every plugin has at least one pair of siblings. The challenge this week:

-Find 8 pairs of confirmed siblings. That's 16 people in total.

-Both of them have to appear in a Fertile Breeder plugin (so a Lucas from Freeside doesn't count, even though he's Cook-Cook's brother.)

-They both have to be human.

-The siblings don't have to be in the same plugin. So a character appearing in Fertile Breeder could be related to a character in FBCaptured.

-Sometimes, the family bonds are confirmed in a single line of dialogue, so be sure to dig through the quests.

Correct answers:

1 Laura & Marion Holt

2 Martin & Jeff Holt

3 Eva & Daisy Stone

4 Lucia & Owyn

5 Louise & Philippe

6 Rachel & Nala

7 Stan & Frida

8 Chloe & Lisa

(Bonus) Lt. Miller & Sgt. Bradley

Challenge 3:

Which of these cities has Jade not visited BEFORE 2281 (start of Fallout New Vegas)?

Which city has Jade NOT visited before reaching the Mojave? (They are in alphabetical order)

A Atlanta, Georgia

B Boston, Massachusetts

C Denver, Colorado

D New York City, New York

Correct answer:

C Denver, Colorado, she only came here after leaving the Mojave.

A: Jade passed through Atlanta whilst traveling to the Mojave with the Lone Wanderer.

B: Jade was born and in the Commonwealth and spent the first 8 years of her life there. She passed through Boston multiple times then.

D: On her way to the Capital Wasteland, Jade and her father passed through New York City.

Challenge 4:

What makes the player's pregnancy with Rotihar during Locks and Monsters unique from the rest?

Correct answer:

The player is impregnated with eggs, while the rest all carry living Lurkers.

Challenge 5:

What is the maximum weekly income you can earn at the Mathews Ranch (FBFarm) after completing all quests? (Repeatable bonus delivering Bighorner calves not included.) You can be off by 100 caps.

A small thing to remember: sometimes certain choices grant different rewards, so be sure you don't just choose the amount you receive yourself. ;)

Correct answer:

1600 caps

Just another quick hint: there's only one character per plugin. If you do a replay of the episodes, check the RefID to see from which plugin they are. Again, from left to right they are from:

-Fertile Breeder

-Fertile Breeder - Captured

-Fertile Breeder - Jade

-Fertile Breeder - DC Breeder

So far, nobody has gotten all four right, so be sure to try! I'll give an additional hint in the PM if you try, depending on your answer!

i cant wiat for the mod,

If you enter the contest, you might get early access, it's worth a wager ;)

i would but i only knew name of one of them

I'll try to put up a new challenge every week or so. I might do a trivia quiz, see how many people have been paying attention ;)

There is one hint.. I can give.. check everything in Pepertje's profile and spoilers... . Remember he states you can get your info from other places and even encourages you to do so. I found one of the individuals that I didn't know :) Read the stories and descriptions of the mods that are mentioned. With that you should be able to figure it out at least most of them. You have two chances so if you are careful you should be able to properly answer these. The two in the middle sometimes get mixed up by those that don't know the mods. Not very many wear a doctor's coat and who wears Power Armor? The photos have excellent hints and are very specific to help those that might not know exactly but understand the mods and story line. :)

I managed to figure out 3 of the 4 so far.. :)

(without cheating... :P)

Come on guys... I have only tested Jade TTW content and I was able to figure out the characters just by researching. The info is there. Nothing is lost if you try and fail except the opportunity to test the new content.

Oh I managed to past the test as well :)So now I can test it as well if I can get off my green ass. :P

At least give it a shot. ;)

Come on guys... I have only tested Jade TTW content and I was able to figure out the characters just by researching. The info is there. Nothing is lost if you try and fail except the opportunity to test the new content.

Oh I managed to past the test as well :) So now I can test it as well if I can get off my green ass.

At least give it a shot. ;)

I've already had 5 people enter the contest. To keep things exciting, I won't tell whether they've won or not. But for those on the fence, there'll be a new challenge every week. Since this is the first, there were 10 spots for winners, but the ones after that will have an opening for 5 per challenge ;)

If i attempt this challenge but fail can I still try and enter the next ones

Yes. Yet another reason for people to try ;)

I believe pepertje stated there was two attempts. If you fail one.. you can do another attempt. I also believe he will be at least letting you know of the ones you got correct. So if all this is true. There is no reason not to give it a first or even second try.

AS for trying for the second on.. I don't see pepertje being cruel and not allowing that. however it might also depend on how awesome the current testers are ;) if there isn't need for new testers there might not be any more chances ... at least for quite some time.. Again all the more reason to give it your best shot.

sorry guys but I'm new to modding Fallout and wasn't around for 3 or new vegas, what exactly is the "boston breeder" mod about?

Boston Breeder is the Fallout 4 version of Fertile Breeder. The basic story is that there's a mutation which allows women to be impregnated by animals. The mod allows you to do just that, and usually you can sell the offspring. As time went on, the focus shifted to more story-oriented episodes which focus on the effects the mutation has on some people. Also, there's a companion added (Jade), although you'd need Tale of Two Wastelands to interact with her.

As it stands, the first wave of Boston Breeder will focus on quests showing numerous characters cope with the mutation, and it will bring back some characters from the New Vegas/TTW version (as it currently stands, there will be 6 characters from all FB mods making a reappearance). I'm also hoping to add some settlement building content, although that hasn't been too fabulous as of yet.

Guest JimmyBoy

it will be easy if you just make the mod open to the public so we all can try it and find the bugs, rather than do this silly questions. Thinking best for development here, but its not my mod tho.

it will be easy if you just make the mod open to the public so we all can try it and find the bugs, rather than do this silly questions. Thinking best for development here, but its not my mod tho.

Right now it's too early to release it guilt free, but I feel comfortable putting it up as early access. I personally never like putting something that's half finished out there, unless it's episodical and the content I release is decently substantial.

The reasons I attach a contest are:

-I'd like the testers to already know something about the story/lore, this would mean there's a bigger chance they'll play and report bugs/improvements, or maybe even call me out on inconsistencies.

-I just like putting out quizzes like this, don't blame me :angel:

Guest JimmyBoy

Right now it's too early to release it guilt free, but I feel comfortable putting it up as early access. I personally never like putting something that's half finished out there, unless it's episodical and the content I release is decently substantial.

-I'd like the testers to already know something about the story/lore, this would mean there's a bigger chance they'll play and report bugs/improvements, or maybe even call me out on inconsistencies.

Ahh no worries, I just had a idea, so i just shared it. Hope you can make it public later down the road. Other than that, can't wait to try it out when its out!

Ahh no worries, I just had a idea, so i just shared it. Hope you can make it public later down the road. Other than that, can't wait to try it out when its out!

It'll definitely become public. Very likely somewhere early in 2017. As it stands now, it'll have at least 6 quests, and hopefully some animals to add to your settlement. ;)

Archived