16 hours ago, zaira said:

ZEP in the current form becomes most likely obsolete.

I am adapting MEP for ZAP and DD.

I didn't follow the development of 64bit SKSE since years now because I am very happy with my setup now. I don't see any benefit in SSE. These two mods

have fixed any problem I had. I can drive the 32bit version with maximum ENB and 255 mods now. There are far more BDSM and Skimpy mods for Oldrim.

So please tell my : why should I care about 64bit?

Indeed Oldrim has more mods than newrim, but no matter how good PC you have when the Papyrus engine is being made with Vanila game in mind, thus limited capabilities, what can you do about it?

Bethesda developed that engine without considering an additional load which comes from mods, therefore 32 bit is more than capable for Vanila (mod-free) game.

Still it's not a problem if you are using up to 10 basic mods for the most builts, but when you add on the top of the Vanila something like 200+ mods this a a whole new game, if not more, on the top of the Skyrim!

Since all mods don't affect the main code of the engine, but only extend Papyrus, then you are building upon an unstable foundation.

The same goes for the mods, in most of the cases, technical issues happen from incompatibilities and incompatibilities happen when mods working against each other because all demand the same resources, so mods increase but resources don't, this is the problem.

Almost all modders create a mod without considering that a user could use other mods which would conflict with his/hers, or simply they take care only for the mods they have to be compatible.

The same did Bethesda in a greater scale: "if you want mods then it's your own responsibility any technical issues that come with them. We have create a game which works perfectly without mods, however we encourage the creation of mods since it keeps the sales alive for an almost 7 years old game."

To all modders out there, how about creating a mod which will make all other mods compatible, without any conflicts, can you imagine such mod?

Like a maestro who directs an orchestra of many different instruments, that would have been the mod of the mods!

Bottom line is that your base, the Papyrus 32 engine, is a weak foundation for serious expansion, it's like you are trying to build a skyscraper of 50 levels in 50 square meters base!

8 hours ago, GreatLord said:

Indeed Oldrim has more mods than newrim, but no matter how good PC you have when the Papyrus engine is being made with Vanila game in mind, thus limited capabilities, what can you do about it?

Bethesda developed that engine without considering an additional load which comes from mods, therefore 32 bit is more than capable for Vanila (mod-free) game.

Still it's not a problem if you are using up to 10 basic mods for the most builts, but when you add on the top of the Vanila something like 200+ mods this a a whole new game, if not more, on the top of the Skyrim!

Since all mods don't affect the main code of the engine, but only extend Papyrus, then you are building upon an unstable foundation.

The same goes for the mods, in most of the cases, technical issues happen from incompatibilities and incompatibilities happen when mods working against each other because all demand the same resources, so mods increase but resources don't, this is the problem.

Almost all modders create a mod without considering that a user could use other mods which would conflict with his/hers, or simply they take care only for the mods they have to be compatible.

The same did Bethesda in a greater scale: "if you want mods then it's your own responsibility any technical issues that come with them. We have create a game which works perfectly without mods, however we encourage the creation of mods since it keeps the sales alive for an almost 7 years old game."

To all modders out there, how about creating a mod which will make all other mods compatible, without any conflicts, can you imagine such mod?

Like a maestro who directs an orchestra of many different instruments, that would have been the mod of the mods!

Bottom line is that your base, the Papyrus 32 engine, is a weak foundation for serious expansion, it's like you are trying to build a skyscraper of 50 levels in 50 square meters base!

That would make sense if Bethesda had actually put any thought into the 64 Bit engine but they didn't bother to FIX anything they didn't absolutely have to as is clearly evidenced by the fact that it seems the SE version cannot handle any more animations than the LE version.

Instead it seems they did nothing more than convert the engine to run as 64 bit code while deleting compatibility with some older standards.  Other than it's memory handling there doesn't seem to be a much advantage of moving to SE.

15 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

That would make sense if Bethesda had actually put any thought into the 64 Bit engine but they didn't bother to FIX anything they didn't absolutely have to as is clearly evidenced by the fact that it seems the SE version cannot handle any more animations than the LE version.

Instead it seems they did nothing more than convert the engine to run as 64 bit code while deleting compatibility with some older standards.  Other than it's memory handling there doesn't seem to be a much advantage of moving to SE.

But if the new engine is running on 64 bit then the SKSE64 could execute more and better functions, impov it's not only about memory, although I'm not into the technical stuff so much, I just have a general understanding.

For optimal results better to be used with "SMP+MemPatch", besides why to need more animations?!

In my set up I'm using FNIS XL (for SKSE 64) and roughly 6,000 animations, do I need more than these?

Hell no!

Of course someone could want 10,000 or even more available animations, impov this is NOT the main problem.

2 hours ago, GreatLord said:

But if the new engine is running on 64 bit then the SKSE64 could execute more and better functions, impov it's not only about memory, although I'm not into the technical stuff so much, I just have a general understanding.

That's not really how it works.
Aside from being able to adress more memory, the main benefit is that one can execute longer instructions with a length of ... well ... 64bit.
But an application has to be written to make full use of this and the other technical differences.
So while SSE has a slightly better memory manager and a few optimizations done to it, it's not flawless because new bugs were introduced as well.
Aside from that SSE uses a slightly different mesh format and a different texture format, switching from ATi's FourCC to intel's FourCC

As a result not every mod can be ported easily. Some even need to be redone to a degree that starting from scratch takes only slightly longer.

Some might even depend on SKSE plugins that are not available for SSE (yet), like NiOverride which is needed for quite alot of things.

This is exactly my opinion - SSE is not a real improvement. Nothing that is worth my efforts for porting.

64bit is not per se an improvement - you only gain benefit if you adapt the algorithms for it. If you don't do this it only wastes more memory on your hard-disk and during runtime. One example would be replacing float by integer operations - that would improve Skyrim performance drastically.

Bigger is not always better.

I hoped that FO4 would be a valid successor but it is far to splatter like for my taste - I didn't found a single region where I would like to implement a quest. Fallout New Las Vegas - that Game had charme but it is to outdated from technical view.

I wait for TES 6.

• 3 months later...

Hello.
I have a problem with the pony harness. It works fine with the animation but when I wear it it only shows like wearing a harnesscollar not the harness. The rest of the body is naked. I thougt it is a problem I do not have the nif but I checked and I have meshes\devious\devices\harnessBody_1. I tried changing loadorder and some edit with TES5Edit but nothing works. I have no idea what I can do please help someone if can. 

Theres these lines in the FNIS.txt of this Mod. Are they important ? I had to remove them due to a weird error because these lines got used by 2 different mods.

AAprefix zbx
AAset _mtidle 1
AAset _mt 1
AAset _mtx 1
AAset _sneakidle 1
AAset _sneakmt 1
AAset _sprint 1

-Aki

• 1 year later...
On 11/4/2018 at 4:29 PM, AkiKay said:

Theres these lines in the FNIS.txt of this Mod. Are they important ? I had to remove them due to a weird error because these lines got used by 2 different mods.

AAprefix zbx
AAset _mtidle 1
AAset _mt 1
AAset _mtx 1
AAset _sneakidle 1
AAset _sneakmt 1
AAset _sprint 1

-Aki

Same problem here. Help would be appreciated.

On 11/4/2018 at 5:29 PM, AkiKay said:

AAprefix zbx
AAset _mtidle 1
AAset _mt 1
AAset _mtx 1
AAset _sneakidle 1
AAset _sneakmt 1
AAset _sprint 1

-Aki

3 minutes ago, esoter said:

Same problem here. Help would be appreciated.

I can't address your question directly. However, this is from the modpage of Home Sweet Home by Musje. It was originally placed in that mod's Support Thread by T.ara who had at least a hand in every mod (including ZEP) listed:

This mod will work with all optional mods listed above, but some of those mods will not work together!

-TUFP + ZEP is OK 

-ZAP 7 + TUFP + ZEP is OK (most common combination)

-ZAP 8(+) is OK for gamers who don´t play mods that need ZEP (zaz extension pack)

-ZAP8(+) + TUFP is NOT WORKING, combining these is not necessary and causes serious issues (ZAP8+ has everythong from TUFP and them some)

-ZAP8(+) + ZEP is NOT WORKING

-ZAP 8 (+) + ZEP + TUFP is NOT WORKING

Therefore, if you are trying to use ZEP with any more recent (after 7) version of ZAP I suspect FNIS is trying to tell you the same thing.

On 11/19/2019 at 11:24 AM, Psalam said:

I can't address your question directly. However, this is from the modpage of Home Sweet Home by Musje. It was originally placed in that mod's Support Thread by T.ara who had at least a hand in every mod (including ZEP) listed:

This mod will work with all optional mods listed above, but some of those mods will not work together!

-TUFP + ZEP is OK 

-ZAP 7 + TUFP + ZEP is OK (most common combination)

-ZAP 8(+) is OK for gamers who don´t play mods that need ZEP (zaz extension pack)

-ZAP8(+) + TUFP is NOT WORKING, combining these is not necessary and causes serious issues (ZAP8+ has everythong from TUFP and them some)

-ZAP8(+) + ZEP is NOT WORKING

-ZAP 8 (+) + ZEP + TUFP is NOT WORKING

Therefore, if you are trying to use ZEP with any more recent (after 7) version of ZAP I suspect FNIS is trying to tell you the same thing.

OK, so basically it's obsolete if I use ZAP 8+?

1 minute ago, esoter said:

OK, so basically it's obsolete if I use ZAP 8+?

Yes and no. In general, ZEP is obsolete on it's own. If you must use ZEP for whatever reason you must replace ZAP 8 or 8+ (or 9 when it becomes available) with the older ZAP7 if you are going to use ZEP with it.

4 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Yes and no. In general, ZEP is obsolete on it's own. If you must use ZEP for whatever reason you must replace ZAP 8 or 8+ (or 9 when it becomes available) with the older ZAP7 if you are going to use ZEP with it.

Gotcha, thanks! I'll forgo ZEP for now then.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello, i've read in the comments that many people had problems with the Pony Harnes. In fact there is no problem with it at all, the mod only had not started correctly. The only thing to do, if you run into the issue that the crawling animation isn't working, is,

1. deactivate the esm file (ZazExtensionPack.esm)

2. load your game, save and exit it again.

3. clean your savegame, (don't know if this is really necessary but i've did it)

4. enable the esm

5. start your game, wait for the notification that the mod has started

6. equip the harnes and enjoy the miracle wich happen than...

• 2 years later...

Stuck at the first auction in the Restless Hunter, all the quest markers are there. Waited inside till the allotted time and nothing, my slaves have disappeared, but no other interaction. Went outside, came back in, came back the next day. Any help in getting this quest finished? Thanks