Most of the ore veins are iron

thats kind of normal.

even in blackreach the chance of seeing ebony will be rare. i do not know for sure, but it feels like the chances seem to be based on the character level.

My char is level 40, I think that must be enough to increase these chances.

Iron is the most prevalent ore type in the whole game.

There are some places without iron, like 2 or 3 nodes around Whiterun.

Easy way to find the mines is to do the random quests for Holds.  Quite a few mines that have word walls nearby are like Ebony or Malacite.

I know all these things and I can confirm you that one of veins around Whiterun is corundum, but it's a very rare case.

IE, the Redbelly Mine in Shor's Stone should have ebony veins, but in my game (char lvl 40) there's nothing but iron.

Maybe I'm wrong but I've played old Skyrim for years and I don't remember a situation like this.

Btw, thanks to you both for your help.

I thought it was me, this is my first playthrough where i figured out you can just hit the rocks instead of pressing e and waiting for the ainmation, so i mine nearly everything now

I find Iron everywhere in the overworld, sometimes its different only in dungeons but its very annoying, Im just gonna wait for that mod where you can just buy a mine and wait for ore to be put into a personal safe...

Archived