OCO 2 and hiyokogenerator geneforge not compatibe?

terrorofmorrowind

I have posted a question in the hiyokogenerator geneforge already but since nobody answered after a couple of days i thought about posting it here. The problem is that blockhead doesn't seems t work n all the human races this mod comes except the argonian and khajiit varieties. As soon as a human is born i get the "install blokhead" face on them . Blockhead does work on the vanilla faces though. Does someone have any answers? Is blockhead somehow not able to handle two esp's with this function? I'm already planning on either removing the mod entirely or just reinstalling the entire game without OCO2 so i really hope someone can answer this even if it isn't in the actual thread it should be answered in.

I have posted a question in the hiyokogenerator geneforge already but since nobody answered after a couple of days i thought about posting it here. The problem is that blockhead doesn't seems t work n all the human races this mod comes except the argonian and khajiit varieties. As soon as a human is born i get the "install blokhead" face on them . Blockhead does work on the vanilla faces though. Does someone have any answers? Is blockhead somehow not able to handle two esp's with this function? I'm already planning on either removing the mod entirely or just reinstalling the entire game without OCO2 so i really hope someone can answer this even if it isn't in the actual thread it should be answered in.

OCO and Geneforge work together just fine. The reason you see that "Install Blockhead" thing is because OCO replaces the vanilla face texture with just a grey canvas with that text written on it.

OCO uses Blockhead to give males and females their own separate textures (headhuman_F.dds and headhuman_M.dds), so if you have OCO installed and the game loads the default texture (headhuman.dds) instead of the _M or _F one, that means Blockhead is not properly installed. In order to ease the process of troubleshooting, the author of OCO put that texture there so people could notice Blockhead was not working properly and stop them from going all "waaaah this mod doesn't work you suck" on the comment section.

The thing is, that gender-specific face texture doesn't apply to GeneForge NPC's, so they load the default headhuman.dds and thus they show up with the "Install Blockhead" text and gray texture.

To solve this, you just have to delete the "headhuman.dds" texture from "Textures\characters\imperial", and it should be fine.

aah, i get it. Thanks. is there any way though to make generation process work with oco textures though? I guess i could change the paths of the body parts i the .esp perhaps but i don't want tor break anything important. I guess italso requires some scripting work too.

Yeah, you would have edit a lot of scripts in order to get GeneForge to assign a different head texture depending on gender, so you can try if you want, but it's not going to be easy.

Your best bet is just replacing the headhuman.dds with the one that matches the most probably gender for your hiyokos. So, if they are mostly going to be females (depending on the gender options you set in TamagoClub.ini), you replace headhuman.dds with the headhuman_F.dds from OCO, and the same for males with the _M file.

Archived