RegisterForUpdateGameTime(8.0)
endFunction

if CRSoulHouseQuest1.getStage() == 0
     Event OnUpdateGameTime()
          UnregisterForUpdateGameTime()
          CRSoulHouseQuest1.setStage() = 900
     endEvent
endIf

Basically, the game is checking every 8 in game hours after this quest has started, whether or not the player didn't achieve a specific goal or not (IE: hasn't advanced the quest past stage 0.) But the CK gives this error:

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "CRSoulHouseQuest1CheckIfWaited"...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\temp\CRSoulHouseQuest1CheckIfWaited.psc(7,0): missing EOF at 'if'
No output generated for CRSoulHouseQuest1CheckIfWaited, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on CRSoulHouseQuest1CheckIfWaited

As I don't have the rest of your files to work with, try this instead:

Scriptname CRSoulHouseQuest1CheckIfWaited extends Quest Hidden

Function CRSoulUpdaterOne()
endFunction

Event OnUpdateGameTime()
          CRSoulHouseQuest1.setStage() == 900
endif
endEvent

I have no experience in scripting in Skyrim but I'm looking a t it from a developers point. This line here CRSoulHouseQuest1.setStage() = 900 looks odd to me as in other languagues it would assign a valuen to a function call instead of calling a function with a value like in CRSoulHouseQuest1.setStage(900)

Dunno if that's the problem, but you never know.

I have no experience in scripting in Skyrim but I'm looking a t it from a developers point. This line here CRSoulHouseQuest1.setStage() = 900 looks odd to me as in other languagues it would assign a valuen to a function call instead of calling a function with a value like in CRSoulHouseQuest1.setStage(900)

Dunno if that's the problem, but you never know.

Yours was the problem, now I get these errors:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\temp\CRSoulHouseQuest1CheckIfWaited.psc(8,8): variable CRSoulHouseQuest1 is undefined
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\temp\CRSoulHouseQuest1CheckIfWaited.psc(8,26): none is not a known user-defined type
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\temp\CRSoulHouseQuest1CheckIfWaited.psc(8,37): cannot compare a none to a int (cast missing or types unrelated)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\temp\CRSoulHouseQuest1CheckIfWaited.psc(10,10): variable CRSoulHouseQuest1 is undefined
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\temp\CRSoulHouseQuest1CheckIfWaited.psc(10,28): none is not a known user-defined type

Serious note, the script is inside the quest CRSoulHouseQuest1, so it can't be undefined (since it knows that's the quest it's referencing to, and thusit isn't undefined.)

Should I set it to parent.getStage and parent.setStage instead? Since the script is running inside the quest, and not alone.

Quest Property CRSoulHouseQuest1 Auto

endFunction

Event OnUpdateGameTime()
    CRSoulHouseQuest1.setStage(900)
  endIf
EndEvent

Quest Property CRSoulHouseQuest1 Auto

endFunction

Event OnUpdate()
     Event OnUpdateGameTime()
          CRSoulHouseQuest1.setStage(900)
     endEvent
  endIf
EndEvent

Yours gives the following error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\temp\CRSoulHouseQuest1CheckIfWaited.psc(13,5): mismatched input 'Event' expecting ENDIF

Yeah, I didn't see it.

Fixed in my previous post.

I kind of figured it had something to do with not getting the Quest ID and defining it in the script. I just didn't figure out how to do that. Thank you though, the script compiles now, now all I have to do is write the rest of the stages/etc. and test it.

I've never done things so complex as these, prior, I only did NPC followers, changing leveled states, etc. But making a house and attaching a quest to it like this is really involving. I'm glad that, even with all of its bugs, the Creation Kit exists. I couldn't imagine how you'd mod this otherwise.

Archived