Wonder Body, what's your opinion about it pro and con?

Ordas Turul

balabalabala...

Yeah, Triangles means nothing, morphs canbe built, weight painting isn't realy a problem (since BS support fbx files now). Even convert clothes to the body won't be a problem (which solve the UV clips)

But, hey, who will do it?

You? nope.

The body author? Impossible.

The outfit modder? Perhaps but I know quite some people who made clothes ony for typical bodytype

Others? Who?

Convert a pair of clothes cost at least 10 minutes (using the BS work flow,the fastest way, if no clips), upload it to Nexus will cost 5 minutes. And for some reason most modder will demand the original ESP, which means you may download 2 files for 1 outfit.

And not metion tatoos or other mods related to UVs

Yeah the modding comunity of FO4 ist quite weak and cloth/armor mods mostly suck.

But no weapons section. There alot good and amazing weapons especially from Millenia and in top files on nexus The Widow Shotgun. Look just like a dream...

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19619/?

19619-0-1477747361.jpg

Favorite gun at the moment. I agree, the workmanship is very nice, and if you mod it right it's a reasonably formidable weapon as well, which keeps it usable at higher levels.

On another note, the design reminds me a bit of something you might see in a Blizzard developed game, somewhere between Diablo 3 and Overwatch.

Yeah gun mods are plenty also the number of asset mods in all are ok .. the only thing realy lakeing are cloths, body and animation mods :( Most cloths mods are recolors of other mods and many of them are .. badly textured or stupidly "reshaped" by using transparent textures leading to ugly cut lines in the models.

but i guess i should shut up .. can't get my lazy bum up and try to make better ones :) (Is there a working export/import filter for Blender meanwhile?)

Personally, I love it. Ditched CBBE for it and never looked back. Then again, I'm not a fan of monstrous tits like so many people here seem to be.

That's kind of a cursory response, I'm sorry I'm trying so hard to work out what on earth your trying to say here, your comment suggests that CBBE by default gives every female character monstrous tits, which is blatantly untrue.

The generalization that many of us here like "monstrous tits" is very subjective, I am sure many many others are not using CBBE for the option to create tits so big that you can't see your damned feet, we use it because it is the most highly customizable body mod around with the bodyslide mod, which may I add will be used further down the line for Wonder Body, as stated by the author on the mod page and in the comments section.

I wasn't implying that CBBE is bad by default, far from it -- I was just going of by the majority of screenshots I see in here. Not bashing people who use CBBE, either, just the portion that rages because "another body is worthless", etc.

I like Wonder Body a lot.  CBBE is great and EVB is awesome too.  It's all a matter of preference.  Currently, CBBE is the most versatile, as a lot of mod authors work with this body.  You can still use the in game body adjustment for the other bodies, no? 

Overall, I think Wonder Body is excellent and I look forward to seeing what mod authors might add for clothing/armors in the future.  I was a bit worried trying the 4k textures (wasn't touching the 8k), as my rig isn't the best gaming system.  Pleasantly, I didn't seem to take a performance cut in game.  The textures look nice and the body is appealing to me.

I wasn't implying that CBBE is bad by default, far from it -- I was just going of by the majority of screenshots I see in here. Not bashing people who use CBBE, either, just the portion that rages because "another body is worthless", etc.

I get the whole pictures thing, and now that I see it in more detail than the initial post it makes more sense,

I believe that the female PC should look like a clean and attractive "runway model" since she came from a time before the war and so would have a different look about her but at the same time want raiders and others who live in the wasteland to look like they live in squalor which is why I use Nuclear Nude, a mod that allows you to change that and make it individual as it should be.

I do believe that Wonder body looks good, but for me it's not as diverse as CBBE is and I don't want to look like every npc in the game, if I did I would have stuck with Vanilla bodies, however if (or hopefully when) the author comes out with a Male version of Wonder Body I will use it in a heartbeat because that is one thing the FO universe is seriously lacking in imho.

Most of the FA4 screenshots on LL don't show original CBBE but all sorts of stuff, sometimes even own creations in progress.  I myself drive a CBBE/Nuclear hybrid.  So, I really don't know what you guys are talking about.

I like Wonder Body a lot.  CBBE is great and EVB is awesome too.  It's all a matter of preference.  Currently, CBBE is the most versatile, as a lot of mod authors work with this body.  You can still use the in game body adjustment for the other bodies, no? 

Overall, I think Wonder Body is excellent and I look forward to seeing what mod authors might add for clothing/armors in the future.  I was a bit worried trying the 4k textures (wasn't touching the 8k), as my rig isn't the best gaming system.  Pleasantly, I didn't seem to take a performance cut in game.  The textures look nice and the body is appealing to me.

In game system can't solve the UV problem

A body with different UV means that a large amount of mods, mostly tatoo and outfits, should make two version to support it

Shape?beautiful? Totally worthless

This isn't aimed at anyone specifically:

A body monopoly is fine for those who love that body, not so much for those who don't. CBBE is a great mod with lots of flexibility, but it isn't without its problems. Wonder Body isn't perfect either. It might not take off. Modders may not adopt it. The lack of bodyslide or equivalent may kill it. But there are some people who are happy to have the extra option, and one modder who put in a lot of work because he/she presumably also wanted that option. More options, and freedom of choice, are usually a good thing.

A body with different UV means that a large amount of mods, mostly tatoo and outfits, should make two version to support it

Shape?beautiful? Totally worthless

But it uses a vanilla UV, so it's not really extra work for people who already provide both vanilla and CBBE version.

It really isn't up to you to decide which mods are worthless for people and which aren't. Get off your high horse.

Every mesh has to be triangle to enter the game, simple... The original mesh could not have triangles, but in the game they have, and this is not good sometimes, really don't know how this could be something to admire...

For CBBE, i work a lot with it already to know that the mesh itself have some problems, not huge ones, the mesh work, but everytime i will work with cbbe i have to change all the topology or i will go crazy, no big deal.

But back to the wonder body, i respect the work the guy put on this, but i just think this don't bring nothing to the community, a community that don't have so much attention now, they could have done something much better... much better... and spending the same time or less. And what i mean by that is.

Could remake the topology of CBBE, fix the symetry and cut some small polys that just give problems (something that no one care, but he cares)

Could made all this nice texture for CBBE UV.

Could make a full body slider for this new topology CBBE (is faster them make a new body)

Could release the meshes with dismemberment, if anyone wants to go for bodyslide, loose this

Doing this, this body would ADD to the community, the way it is now, i pass.

But it uses a vanilla UV, so it's not really extra work for people who already provide both vanilla and CBBE version.

It really isn't up to you to decide which mods are worthless for people and which aren't. Get off your high horse.

FO4-CBBE release earlier than evb, and for outfit modders it was the only nude baseshape for making outfits

So the vanilla UV isn't that "vanilla" as most people think

Every mesh has to be triangle to enter the game, simple... The original mesh could not have triangles, but in the game they have, and this is not good sometimes, really don't know how this could be something to admire...

For CBBE, i work a lot with it already to know that the mesh itself have some problems, not huge ones, the mesh work, but everytime i will work with cbbe i have to change all the topology or i will go crazy, no big deal.

But back to the wonder body, i respect the work the guy put on this, but i just think this don't bring nothing to the community, a community that don't have so much attention now, they could have done something much better... much better... and spending the same time or less. And what i mean by that is.

Could remake the topology of CBBE, fix the symetry and cut some small polys that just give problems (something that no one care, but he cares)

Could make a full body slider for this new topology CBBE (is faster them make a new body)

Could release the meshes with dismemberment, if anyone wants to go for bodyslide, loose this

Alan has made the FFB body with these features

Using the CBBE UV (OK, mostly except the feet)

And we also have atomic beauty

FO4-CBBE release earlier than evb, and for outfit modders it was the only nude baseshape for making outfits

So the vanilla UV isn't that "vanilla" as most people think

Alan has made the FFB body with these features

Using the CBBE UV (OK, mostly except the feet)

And we also have atomic beauty

Exactly my point, why create a new universe if we can make our universe bigger? Atomic body does that, FFB make this too. They share a base, so is easy to modder make stuff, easy to make textures, we expand the content, not divide.

Lack of easy customization options means I won't be using it. It looks good, but I don't see myself dropping CBBE for "a little better". CBBE is a known commodity and has been well-supported. If someone thinks CBBE is a "body monopoly" then they are likewise able to go use something else. People have their reasons for not adopting YET ANOTHER body. The reason I think most people use a body mod is so they can change what the body looks like. Not having that functionality out of the gate is likely going to hinder adoption of this body except for the small set of people who determine the body as-is is their own "ideal" body proportion.

The Fallout 4 modding community is already far behind Skyrim and introducing fragmentation does nothing to help that. Make the body easily compatible with BodySlide and it would probably have much greater success and allow for a more unified modding front.

I am also in the "There is no need for more than one body mod" camp. I don't get why people feel the need to release more body mods that are going to be irrelevant at best, and at worst split up the community Skyrim-style, wasting a lot of people's time making conversions.

And releasing a body mod without customization in this time and age spontaneous makes me think about the stone age. No idea why.

What splits the community more I feel is the unnecessary hate.

The author may never read this thread, but if they did, they might be likely to pack up and go. FO4 already has few modders as it is.

It's pretty damn good looking. It doesn't come with all the bells and whistles, but CBBE had to start from somewhere too. It's really unfair not giving newcomers a chance. Not to speak for Cal, but you can imagine we might not have bodyslide or other great mods if we constantly shit on modders like this.

I actually uninstalled EVB and started a new game to try out this body mod and quite frankly I'm glad I did.

I've been modding since Neverwinter Nights and Morrowind and quite frankly only having one body mod sucks.

With Oblivion I was thankful that Robert decided to make a female body mod even though there was already two

other body replacers available because it added variety.

UNP and it's variations were pretty much the standard with FO3/New Vegas only because the other two replacer mods

fizzled out early on.

Skyrim had at least four body replacers all with good support and without the "there should only be one mod" rhetoric.

To each their own I say. If you like CBBE then go support that body but show a little common courtesy by not trolling other body mod threads

because they don't  fit your playstyle.

Guest Katherlne

Author of new body mod: Greetings my friends, good day for all of you! I want present to you a new body mod! I make it with love and peace!

Modern player #1: WAT, no custumization in 2016!? You suck!

Modern player #2: No bodyslide heh... You want to split out a dying mod community?

Modern player #3: OMYGOD!!! So lacking of costumization! OMYGOD!

Modern player #4: This mod is ok... but, this mod gonna die in two days, you will see...

Modern player #5: SRSLY?! Is just a %$#@ vanilla replacer, with no options! What is this, stone age?!

Modern player #6: HAHAHAHAHAHA! You so bad! This mod suck my balls!

Modern player #7: You heretic!!! How dare you to make this blasphemy!!! I will burn you in righteous fire! Praise the xxxx!!!

-1 mods creator

I love the Wonderbody. However, I don't use it, for the simple reason that there are very few mod outfits for it.

I don't really care for Bodyslide, and rather see it gone altogether. Bodyslide just complicates modding, I'm not really fond of having to push every outfit through an external program to make it fit right. No, I don't give a fuck about massive tits or arses. I'm obviously not a fan of Kim Kardassian either, no. So about 90% of the features of Bodyslide aren't only a waste to me, it's worse thatn that: they only further complicate customization.

I actually uninstalled EVB and started a new game to try out this body mod and quite frankly I'm glad I did.

I've been modding since Neverwinter Nights and Morrowind and quite frankly only having one body mod sucks.

With Oblivion I was thankful that Robert decided to make a female body mod even though there was already two

other body replacers available because it added variety.

UNP and it's variations were pretty much the standard with FO3/New Vegas only because the other two replacer mods

fizzled out early on.

Skyrim had at least four body replacers all with good support and without the "there should only be one mod" rhetoric.

To each their own I say. If you like CBBE then go support that body but show a little common courtesy by not trolling other body mod threads

because they don't  fit your playstyle.

"Body War " is a word from the skyrim section from a post of UUNP 1 year ago

And Skyrim only have 2 well supported bodytypes, which are acturally supported by 1 team.

Author of new body mod: Greetings my friends, good day for all of you! I want present to you a new body mod! I make it with love and peace!

Modern player #1: WAT, no custumization in 2016!? You suck!

Modern player #2: No bodyslide heh... You want to split out a dying mod community?

Modern player #3: OMYGOD!!! So lacking of costumization! OMYGOD!

Modern player #4: This mod is ok... but, this mod gonna die in two days, you will see...

Modern player #5: SRSLY?! Is just a %$#@ vanilla replacer, with no options! What is this, stone age?!

Modern player #6: HAHAHAHAHAHA! You so bad! This mod suck my balls!

Modern player #7: You heretic!!! How dare you to make this blasphemy!!! I will burn you in righteous fire! Praise the xxxx!!!

-1 mods creator

Author of new outfit mod: Greetings my friends, good day for all of you! I want present to you a new outfit mod! I make it with love and peace!

Elder player #1: WAT, a cbbe version? any unp conversion?

Elder player #2: what about UNPB?

Elder player #3: 7B would be better! especially bombshell!

Elder player #4: ADEC please?

Elder player #5: uh...without high heels?

-1 mods creator

It's not a joke, but something I've seen.

why create a new universe if we can make our universe bigger?

Because not everybody wants to be part of that universe? Because some people would happily cross into a neighbouring universe that they personally find more appealing if the possibility arose? Because not everyone in the world likes the same things?

It's a bit like saying I like Windows, so OSX and Linux shouldn't be allowed to exist. Having them there means some talented developers who could be working on Windows work on them instead, when I want all the talent working on my chosen system. Therefore, those other systems should be closed down. The people who make them should move to Windows, whether they want to or not. The people who use those systems should be forced to use Windows, whether they want to or not.

I apologise for quoting you, ralfetas, because this isn't aimed at you personally. I just find this "there can be only one" viewpoint when it comes to body replacers a bit baffling. And if somehow Wonder Body grew to become the dominant body threatening a monopoly at the expense of CBBE I'd be making the exact same argument. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to go CBBE or WB in the end, they're both very good in some similar and some different ways, but I'm very happy that I have a choice about it. Choice is surely a good thing?

why create a new universe if we can make our universe bigger?

Because not everybody wants to be part of that universe? Because some people would happily cross into a neighbouring universe that they personally find more appealing if the possibility arose? Because not everyone in the world likes the same things?

It's a bit like saying I like Windows, so OSX and Linux shouldn't be allowed to exist. Having them there means some talented developers who could be working on Windows work on them instead, when I want all the talent working on my chosen system. Therefore, those other systems should be closed down. The people who make them should move to Windows, whether they want to or not. The people who use those systems should be forced to use Windows, whether they want to or not.

I apologise for quoting you, ralfetas, because this isn't aimed at you personally. I just find this "there can be only one" viewpoint when it comes to body replacers a bit baffling. And if somehow Wonder Body grew to become the dominant body threatening a monopoly at the expense of CBBE I'd be making the exact same argument. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to go CBBE or WB in the end, they're both very good in some similar and some different ways, but I'm very happy that I have a choice about it. Choice is surely a good thing?

Damn F4SE, why not make something different?

AWKCR is junk, let's take it over!

UF4P should have more features! I want to make another one! You guys should now obay my rules!

Choice is surly a good thing, right?

Archived