JRConversions - UUNP HDT

Just asking out of curiousity, but when you apply weighting, do you then check the fit on the body mesh at both extremes, 0 and 100, or is there a weight setting somewhere in the middle that works well for you?

I just go with whatever I'm playing with at the moment, which can be anywhere between 30 to 100.

Testing with that in mind is pretty much about the same as deciding which UUNP preset to use for testing, yeah, there are minor variables to take into account towards weighting with different morphs, but not big enough to stress yourself over it.

Then there's what do you do to test the weight, which animations, which poses. Your HDT xmls, urgh... I go with what I have installed and run a few poses besides the idles when I really want to test some weights and don't give it a lot more thought.

Let me point out to an interesting one, the Pero Pero Thalmor robe skirt weighting was pretty much me horsing around to see if I could get it to shape a certain way with my installed sneaking animation, and now it looks grrreat for me in about 80% of what I tried. But I can guess it can look pretty weird for some people with their own animations, still probably better than how it was though, hopefully.

One reason that makes me shy away from converting skirt outfits is that I really despise the standard weighting they tend to get, which basically rips the skirt down the middle and clips through the legs while walking. But trying to "fix" that even if just to prevent clipping for walking takes me ages.

If I were to give advice, I suppose testing on the base UUNP shape at 100 weight would make the most logical sense.

This reminded me that I had meant to share my HDT xml's at some point. I still need to give them a clean up and see if I can figure something out about thigh collisions, if anyone has a nice collision setup for the thigh bones that works well with most skirt please share. \o/ Those thigh bones weird me out! <- barely knows what he's doing.

And wow, testing an ENB setup, praised be ENB's and those that work on them, they be magic. How can my so-so PC output this at somewhat playable frame rate?

post-1243014-0-54593100-1483570471_thumb.jpgpost-1243014-0-59314400-1483570469_thumb.jpgpost-1243014-0-65179700-1483570473_thumb.jpg

I'm liking every screenshot so much I'm almost selecting them all as my favorites. God damn it.

hay jerok i like ur conversions but i have a little reguest can u make separate /Torso/Skirt/etc in the next conversions thanks! cause its fun to mix outfits :P

Ripping meshes apart and making them separate items is a whole different order of fries. That's like saying, "I want fries like Nancy, but can I have chili, cheese, grilled mushrooms and onions added to it?" hehe. Now I want some Mojo burger fries...

hay jerok i like ur conversions but i have a little reguest can u make separate /Torso/Skirt/etc in the next conversions thanks! cause its fun to mix outfits :P

I'll keep myself within the grey area that are bodyslide conversions, and keep esp and asset tinkering to a minimum. The day I actually feel compelled to use assets like that is when I'd start asking permissions to incorporate them into my own outfits and/or mashups. And I have no such plans as of now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought about adding this one today, but I'm too tired to finish it. >_< I'm sure this'll get requests floating around soon, so, there it is.

post-1243014-0-00074500-1483769943_thumb.jpgpost-1243014-0-03393900-1483769945_thumb.jpg

I need to move somewhere with brighter weather.

jerok heno me gusta ur conversiones, pero tengo un poco de reguest u puede hacer por separado / Torso / falda / etc en las próximas conversiones gracias! provocar su divertido para mezclar trajes :P

Voy a mantener a mí mismo dentro de la zona gris que son conversiones bodyslide, y guardo ESP y retoques de activos a un mínimo. El día de hecho, me siento obligado a utilizar los activos de esa manera es cuando me gustaría empezar pidiendo permisos para incorporarlos en mis propios trajes y / o mashups. Y no tengo planes de este tipo a partir de ahora.

-------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

Pensé en añadir el de hoy, pero estoy demasiado cansado para terminarlo. > _ <Estoy seguro de que esto va a llegar solicitudes que flotan alrededor pronto, así, ahí está.

attachicon.gifteaser1.jpg attachicon.gifteaser2.jpg

Necesito mover en algún lugar con un clima más brillante.

Natural Lighting Vivid Atmospherics   

I got a problem with the df_t21 outfit.

image.jpg

That's how the texture looks after using bodyslide. Any advice?

Great conversions Jerok, thank you for them :)

I too have texture problems with DF_T21 set though just like Caelryn.

If you're not already using the latest version of BodySlide, can you upgrade to 4.2.1 and try again? That looks a bit like the issue I had with the Pero pero robes and BodySlide 4.0

jerok heno me gusta ur conversiones, pero tengo un poco de reguest u puede hacer por separado / Torso / falda / etc en las próximas conversiones gracias! provocar su divertido para mezclar trajes :P

Voy a mantener a mí mismo dentro de la zona gris que son conversiones bodyslide, y guardo ESP y retoques de activos a un mínimo. El día de hecho, me siento obligado a utilizar los activos de esa manera es cuando me gustaría empezar pidiendo permisos para incorporarlos en mis propios trajes y / o mashups. Y no tengo planes de este tipo a partir de ahora.

-------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

Pensé en añadir el de hoy, pero estoy demasiado cansado para terminarlo. > _ <Estoy seguro de que esto va a llegar solicitudes que flotan alrededor pronto, así, ahí está.

attachicon.gifteaser1.jpg attachicon.gifteaser2.jpg

Necesito mover en algún lugar con un clima más brillante.

Natural Lighting Vivid Atmospherics   

Gracias, ese es el que estoy usando. ^^ El problema será que aunque me gusta la localización, como estoy al norte de Skyrim todo lo que me aparece allí son tormentas de nieve, tengo que escojer otro sitio mas claro y caliente. Como instalé ese mod hace poco tiempo no estoy muy familiar con como afecta cada zona.

I'm getting 2 items failing to build, it's the replacer archmage hood and robes(Interestingly it's the _1 nif in both). I'm using Bodyslide 4.2.1 I thought maybe it was a glitch on my end, but restarting MO and bodyslide twice just to be sure is still causing it.

***Oh, guess I should say it's the pero pero robes x3

image.jpg

If you're not already using the latest version of BodySlide, can you upgrade to 4.2.1 and try again? That looks a bit like the issue I had with the Pero pero robes and BodySlide 4.0

Works. Thank you very much!

I'm getting 2 items failing to build, it's the replacer archmage hood and robes(Interestingly it's the _1 nif in both). I'm using Bodyslide 4.2.1 I thought maybe it was a glitch on my end, but restarting MO and bodyslide twice just to be sure is still causing it.

***Oh, guess I should say it's the pero pero robes x3

Woops, I left a space (text) after the folder path for those. New upload (1.3) should have that fixed, alternatively open the outfit studio project for them and then when doing "Save Project As..." remove that extra space at the end of the "Output Data Path" textbox.

Herp derp, copy->paste gone wrong.

image.jpg

Works. Thank you very much!

Cool, thanks for reporting back. ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lind's Spellslinger is up on the list. It was recently uploaded to the nexus so make sure to endorse if you like it.

It bothers me a bit that I couldn't quite see the cloak behave like I'd like it to, or keep the original weights, but I have no time left for it right now. It's still decent thou, imo.

I have 4.2.1 but I think the "issue" is more ENB related in my case after all. For me the set looks very transparent (I know it's supposed to a bit) while you have more solid colors overall in your screenshot. Thanks for the quick reply though :)

do we need to have the esp loaded in our game if we just use the replacers for the peropero robes replacer/standalone?

All the replacer esp seems to do is assign a different texture to a journeyman robe, if you're hurting for plugin slots I'd skip/remove it or merge it into another esp.

--------------------------------------

On a related note, while the Pero Pero Robes is the odd case where the original files aren't required I encourage everyone to check out Gomapero's blog, there's a lot of cool stuff in there.

do we need to have the esp loaded in our game if we just use the replacers for the peropero robes replacer/standalone?

All the replacer esp seems to do is assign a different texture to a journeyman robe, if you're hurting for plugin slots I'd skip/remove it or merge it into another esp.

On a related note, while the Pero Pero Robes is the odd case where the original files aren't required I encourage everyone to check out Gomapero's blog, there's a lot of cool stuff in there.

Thanks, i have a question, maybe you can give me a pointer or two, i'm trying to convert this dress(actually it's already been converted to UUNP but has some clipping i'm trying to fix where the boobs bounce through the top, I usually have been successful with fixing this type of issue with most outfits that have it by going back in OS and copying the bone weights and then saving) and the long part that hangs down over the legs becomes deformed when i try to copy the bone weights in OS, i've tried several combinations and single bones for that part of the dress because i usually get the error when trying to save that i have to manually weight paint it. any tips? how did you do it with these robes and make that bottom part that hangs down so acceptable?

Thanks, i have a question, maybe you can give me a pointer or two, i'm trying to convert this dress(actually it's already been converted to UUNP but has some clipping i'm trying to fix where the boobs bounce through the top, I usually have been successful with fixing this type of issue with most outfits that have it by going back in OS and copying the bone weights and then saving) and the long part that hangs down over the legs becomes deformed when i try to copy the bone weights in OS, i've tried several combinations and single bones for that part of the dress because i usually get the error when trying to save that i have to manually weight paint it. any tips? how did you do it with these robes and make that bottom part that hangs down so acceptable?

If you can tell me which outfit it'll give me a better mental image of what parts might be an issue.

When copying weights, if the portion of the dress that doesn't get weighted is small you can always try increasing the search radius, one of the options that show up when copying weights, this could be enough to paint the "nearby area". Otherwise, yeah, you have to look around and add the weighting that's left appropriately. Though you could also try masking the breast area, inverting the mask and then copy the weights (only the unmasked area will get it's weights updated), this might give you questionable results depending on how big of a change it makes.

As for shapes such as strands of cloth getting deformed when conforming... these are the options I consider:

1 - try to fix the deformity with the available tools, smoothening, moving the shape around, even just grabbing and moving bad vertices one by one;

2 - scrap the slider data for the sliders that deform the shape too much and shape the slider manually, yes, this means molding it from UUNP Base into whatever shape the slider takes, by hand;

3 - play around with the masking tool, conforming, and clearing slider data to preserve some of the conformed data that doesn't look deformed, discard and then manually shape the deformed area, this is tricky and only doable if the borders of the area you're masking don't undergo a lot of morphing.

If all of those sound like a huge hassle, well... it's because they are. ^^; I wish I knew an easier way.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of hassles, I've been playing around with this today, though it doesn't seem like the full outfit is published yet (I wish I knew Japanese...). No promises about it since doing a proper conversion of that microbikini is stupidly exhausting, it took me the whole day just to do the sliders needed for my preset. This is a good example of one where you'd have to manually shape a lot of sliders.

It's nice to have dense meshes for detail, but in cases where it's too dense it also means an absurd amount of minute tweaks are needed to fix deformations. I'll keep going until I get sick of it. xP

post-1243014-0-00704200-1483922528_thumb.jpg

If you can tell me which outfit it'll give me a better mental image of what parts might be an issue.

When copying weights, if the portion of the dress that doesn't get weighted is small you can always try increasing the search radius, one of the options that show up when copying weights, this could be enough to paint the "nearby area". Otherwise, yeah, you have to look around and add the weighting that's left appropriately. Though you could also try masking the breast area, inverting the mask and then copy the weights (only the unmasked area will get it's weights updated), this might give you questionable results depending on how big of a change it makes.

As for shapes such as strands of cloth getting deformed when conforming... these are the options I consider:

1 - try to fix the deformity with the available tools, smoothening, moving the shape around, even just grabbing and moving bad vertices one by one;

2 - scrap the slider data for the sliders that deform the shape too much and shape the slider manually, yes, this means molding it from UUNP Base into whatever shape the slider takes, by hand;

3 - play around with the masking tool, conforming, and clearing slider data to preserve some of the conformed data that doesn't look deformed, discard and then manually shape the deformed area, this is tricky and only doable if the borders of the area you're masking don't undergo a lot of morphing.

If all of those sound like a huge hassle, well... it's because they are. ^^; I wish I knew an easier way.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of hassles, I've been playing around with this today, though it doesn't seem like the full outfit is published yet (I wish I knew Japanese...). No promises about it since doing a proper conversion of that microbikini is stupidly exhausting, it took me the whole day just to do the sliders needed for my preset. This is a good example of one where you'd have to manually shape a lot of sliders.

It's nice to have dense meshes for detail, but in cases where it's too dense it also means an absurd amount of minute tweaks are needed to fix deformations. I'll keep going until I get sick of it. xP

attachicon.gifteaser1.jpg

thanks let me try and play around with it see if I can understand some of your directions a little better by getting in there.

this is the dress right here.

https://tesmistel.tumblr.com/post/151904272695/fancy-dress-uunp-apparently-fancy

the long one.

the short one i'm ok with there's a little deformity when crouching but not too bad.

that's a really great outfit the hotpants microbikini I just converted it to the uunp-mcbm sliders but have no clue what kind of clipping there would be with other sliders, I only checked the standard zeroed uunp and the hi-low mcbm. by the way I don't use it anymore but I think it was firefox that I use to use that had an option to translate those Japanese sites.

thanks let me try and play around with it see if I can understand some of your directions a little better by getting in there.

this is the dress right here.

https://tesmistel.tumblr.com/post/151904272695/fancy-dress-uunp-apparently-fancy

the long one.

the short one i'm ok with there's a little deformity when crouching but not too bad.

that's a really great outfit the hotpants microbikini I just converted it to the uunp-mcbm sliders but have no clue what kind of clipping there would be with other sliders, I only checked the standard zeroed uunp and the hi-low mcbm. by the way I don't use it anymore but I think it was firefox that I use to use that had an option to translate those Japanese sites.

Again, you can try to mask the trouble area ("skirt") and copy the weights for the rest. In case you try again to copy the whole reference weights you can deal with the lower portion by adding your own skirt weights, you can work something out that can at least be usable.

If I were to guess I imagine that by default the bottom of that outfit stretches like mad when the character is walking, like 80% of such outfits do, as it's uncommon for people to use skirt weights. I don't blame them, they weird me out too, but it shouldn't be too hard to apply them for that shape.

Test this out: after copying the reference weights clear the thigh and calf weighting for that portion of the dress, then in the bones box right click and add some skeleton skirt bones, they should be inside the lower body branch, first just try one from the front and another for the back, they should be named something like SkirtFBone01 and SkirtBBone01 (There are Front, Left, Right and Back skirt branches, and each has 3 nodes). Then paint the entire front of the skirt with the SkirtFBone01 bone and the back with the other one, and see how it looks. They should now look a bit stiff but not clip with the legs, painting some of the middle area with bones 02 to bend the middle and painting the bottom with bones 03 should lift the bottom a bit when crouching and so, making it look a bit more natural, though for that shape I might skip the 02 bone for the front and just let it bend a little at the bottom with the SkirtFBone03 bone.

Please feel free to berate me if this is the wrong place, but since I downloaded it from here, I figure no better place to ask...

So I installed the PeroPero Robes. I expected from screenshots I'd seen that the robes would be flowey, as you would expect from HDT. Breasts and butt bounce as expected, but the robes do not billow in an epic fashion. I'm a total HDT noob and no tutorial I could find seemed to indicate I was missing anything, but since the robes aren't billowing, I must have missed something. Do I need an xml file other than default to enable the robes' ability to flap, is this an error in the mod, or did I miss something else important along the way?

Please feel free to berate me if this is the wrong place, but since I downloaded it from here, I figure no better place to ask...

So I installed the PeroPero Robes. I expected from screenshots I'd seen that the robes would be flowey, as you would expect from HDT. Breasts and butt bounce as expected, but the robes do not billow in an epic fashion. I'm a total HDT noob and no tutorial I could find seemed to indicate I was missing anything, but since the robes aren't billowing, I must have missed something. Do I need an xml file other than default to enable the robes' ability to flap, is this an error in the mod, or did I miss something else important along the way?

Breasts, belly and butt aside, those robes offer no HDT movement. You might have been led to believe that from some of Gomapero's screenshots where a robe is seen splendidly flowing while casting magic. That's actually a solid shape for the robes which was sculpted that way, if you download the file at the blog you will notice an optional file is included that replaces a couple of robe meshes, which are the robes in the shape I described. If you were to install them you would then get the robes to take that shape, standing flowing midair as if frozen solid by a gust of icy wind.

It was clearly meant for taking screenshots, but not to wear them actively, so I didn't work on them or include them.

Feel free to ask questions about the outfits, I'll do my best to answer with what I know.