JRConversions - UUNP HDT

Jerok, any chance of you doing a nice, text/picture guide to conversion, a step by step sort of thing, there are a few I am aware of but they are either just text, most of which assume you know what you are doing, and video guides, which I loathe and completely ignore, trying to keep moving back and forward to see the bits that are causing me problems does my head in.

Doing such a guide may well cut back on the number of requests you are getting and may also get more people doing conversions of their own, which would be a win/win for you :shy:

I'm not pleased with some of the past conversions, so something to keep in mind is that at some point I will have to run through all the dances on the dance mod I've worked on once again. Those animations for me are the ultimate test for an outfit, so I'll kill two stones (birds...) by testing the outfits against them. Expect some updates by then.

Your conversions are fantastic, especially considering how quickly you have done some of them, and certainly with the aom one the new version of bodyslide seems to have sorted some of it out, as I built the robes with 7bopi when you first made it and there was clipping like hell on the breasts, though as you had already mentioned it had problems with the bigger breast sizes it was not that big a problem I simply changed the body pre-set to unp petitie and they worked fine., I recently had to re-build all my armours with the new bodyslide and decided to try the 7bo pre-set and they seem to be ok with it.

Jerok, any chance of you doing a nice, text/picture guide to conversion, a step by step sort of thing, there are a few I am aware of but they are either just text, most of which assume you know what you are doing, and video guides, which I loathe and completely ignore, trying to keep moving back and forward to see the bits that are causing me problems does my head in.

Doing such a guide may well cut back on the number of requests you are getting and may also get more people doing conversions of their own, which would be a win/win for you :shy:

It's a little awkward to write a guide when you're mostly self taught through experimentation, and I'm sure a lot of what I do is unorthodox, but I'll start writing something up. Then maybe others can chip in and we can see if there are better alternatives for the weirder methods.

Thanks for the input! I've started doing some of that as well. I've figured out I don't need to use the special template to get what I need, just the HDT template. It was the cause of most of my crunching around the groin region. I've done quite a few of my own personal conversions on more obscure things (Like the UNPCM armors) (nothing near able to share because I'm still figuring out how to make them look good enough for a wider range). The main reason that I started teaching myself was because I hate asking people to do things for me. And I like knowing how it works. Some armors just flat out will never work for conversions unless they get remeshed. They're so old and have hardly any polys. 

My main issue is some armors never take the same weight on the butt and breast even though they show the same in bodyslide. I'm guessing those need some 3dsmax love, but that program has always confused and frustrated me.

Oh, Happy new year!

I'm not pleased with some of the past conversions, so something to keep in mind is that at some point I will have to run through all the dances on the dance mod I've worked on once again. Those animations for me are the ultimate test for an outfit, so I'll kill two stones (birds...) by testing the outfits against them. Expect some updates by then.

Your conversions are fantastic, especially considering how quickly you have done some of them, and certainly with the aom one the new version of bodyslide seems to have sorted some of it out, as I built the robes with 7bopi when you first made it and there was clipping like hell on the breasts, though as you had already mentioned it had problems with the bigger breast sizes it was not that big a problem I simply changed the body pre-set to unp petitie and they worked fine., I recently had to re-build all my armours with the new bodyslide and decided to try the 7bo pre-set and they seem to be ok with it.

That must've been some kind of issue between how those nifs were made (outdated I assume) and how some versions of BodySlide deal with them. When I mean "extreme body shapes" I'm talking more along the lines of "UNPK Bonus", I'm 100% sure that no matter how good of a base shape you make, unless the mesh is pretty dense it's going to look like crap on UNPK Bonus if you don't edit that slider.

I wouldn't even expect something like UNPCM to have more than a little clipping on those, easily fixable.

There are so few conversions I marked as rushed it's more than likely I'll go back to them eventually and just check the sliders. The couple of conversions I marked as flawed or crappy I'm leaving as they are though, not worth it imo.

Thanks for the input! I've started doing some of that as well. I've figured out I don't need to use the special template to get what I need, just the HDT template. It was the cause of most of my crunching around the groin region. I've done quite a few of my own personal conversions on more obscure things (Like the UNPCM armors) (nothing near able to share because I'm still figuring out how to make them look good enough for a wider range). The main reason that I started teaching myself was because I hate asking people to do things for me. And I like knowing how it works. Some armors just flat out will never work for conversions unless they get remeshed. They're so old and have hardly any polys. 

My main issue is some armors never take the same weight on the butt and breast even though they show the same in bodyslide. I'm guessing those need some 3dsmax love, but that program has always confused and frustrated me.

Oh, Happy new year!

Do you usually just copy the breast weights, most of the upper body weights, or everything?

Cheers.

Do you usually just copy the breast weights, most of the upper body weights, or everything?

I've tried a variety of different ways on a couple of outfits. I think I might be missing something with the spine and the main nodes for the breasts. Copying everything doesn't usually catch it all on some pickier armors. (I am fighting the angeli devious expansion at the moment) Skin tight isn't the problem. I've got a couple I managed to do fairly decently, but on these the breasts insist on bouncing well outside the bounds of the clothes. 90% of the time it just takes me copying weights again and again until it finally plays nice.

Is that osare panties I see?! I did them myself, so I could make conversions for me out of armors that have been gathering dust in my inventories. But they're all crunchy (still learning and am slowly getting the hang of doing it better) How on earth do you get the weighting to match up? That's my main problem right now. Most armors pick up the weighting fine.. but others I can't get them to take the weights no matter what I do. What's your secret? :blush:

There's now a document attached to the main post describing most of how I go about doing things in Outfit Studio. I might add more images to it later as I make new conversions, for now I'm just tired from re-reading it one last time. @_@' 

There's now a document attached to the main post describing most of how I go about doing things in Outfit Studio. I might add more images to it later as I make new conversions, for now I'm just tired from re-reading it one last time. @_@' 

You are an over achiever, I was hoping you would say yes, and was then expecting it to take a couple of weeks while you sorted out what you were intending to do.

Thanks though, I will have a look at it over the next couple of days while I am off work, working full time and other commitments sucks, sure it means money is not too bad, but finding time to do anything is a pain.

Holy crow I was just hoping to pick your brain on the weights thing. x3 Thank  you so very much!

I love the pero pero robes, is there a way to make them a replacer instead of standalone? Is it just as simple as dropping the meshes into a specific folder following the right file path? If so, anyone can tell me what the file path would be? Thanks!

Yes. All you have to do is install the stand alone robes (you don't need to keep the plug-in after this is done),create the meshes in Bodyslide, find the Goma folder then take or copy those meshes to place in the folders of the robes that you want to replace.

Data>Meshes>Armor>Goma then Data>Meshes>Clothes>[insert robes here]

I love the pero pero robes, is there a way to make them a replacer instead of standalone? Is it just as simple as dropping the meshes into a specific folder following the right file path? If so, anyone can tell me what the file path would be? Thanks!

Yes. All you have to do is install the stand alone robes (you don't need to keep the plug-in after this is done),create the meshes in Bodyslide, find the Goma folder then take or copy those meshes to place in the folders of the robes that you want to replace.

hmm, I put the "robes" folder of the built meshes with bodyslide into "data/meshes/clothes/" as you said, but it's not working? I tested the standalone version and it's working fine. I think the folder structure inside "robes" isn't right, only the "archmage" folder has a "f" subfolder, the rest don't have any.

By the time I make the next upload the replacer version of Pero Pero robes will be tagged along with it. But yes, if you get the replacer version from the source I pointed to, check where the files will be installed, and then replace those with what the conversion outputs you can make it work. Otherwise just wait a while.

This is simply amazing... http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81073/?

Any chance of converting this to UUNP ? :o

It does but I don't think I'd have the time to commit into it. For me it's either all at once or no go.

Hi JR,

Thanks for the Ashara Imperial Outifit conversion

Any chance you could convert this (http://mitakusaner.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-1620.html) to UUNP?

I tried to do it myself but I suck at bone weighting.

Cheers,

Ted

Very unlikely.

It's a little awkward to write a guide when you're mostly self taught through experimentation, and I'm sure a lot of what I do is unorthodox, but I'll start writing something up. Then maybe others can chip in and we can see if there are better alternatives for the weirder methods.

You shouldn't worry about that. Most of the best tutorials are simply people showing and explaining how they do what they do, even if it was all by trial and error. If somebody comes along claiming you are doing something the wrong way, then it's up to them to prove it by showing how it should be done, and nobody's fault but the one claiming there's a better way, having not shown anybody else what they know in a clearly understandable fashion. 

Simply put, if what you do gets the end results you need or desire, and you provide something where others can learn to get similar end results, then it's still much better than having nothing for them to go on at all, so who cares what steps you use to get those results? 

By the time I make the next upload the replacer version of Pero Pero robes will be tagged along with it. But yes, if you get the replacer version from the source I pointed to, check where the files will be installed, and then replace those with what the conversion outputs you can make it work. Otherwise just wait a while. 

Thanks! :D

I love how your tutorial was laid out. I only needed help with the weighting (which your tutorial basically confirmed what I was already figuring out, the correct spines needed to be included as well as the 2 breast bones for each side, and sometimes the clavicle O.o) But I've been reading through the entire thing and it's really, really well done! I'm a very handsy (hands-on?) visual learner and I'm glad to know that most of the stuff I'm doing is correct. 

Honestly you really do go above and beyond. I'd give you a slice of the cherry crumble I made the other day if I could to say thanks. 

Yes, just remember to leave the .tri files on the original folders, or else the robes will not morph with the body.

You shouldn't worry about that. Most of the best tutorials are simply people showing and explaining how they do what they do, even if it was all by trial and error. If somebody comes along claiming you are doing something the wrong way, then it's up to them to prove it by showing how it should be done, and nobody's fault but the one claiming there's a better way, having not shown anybody else what they know in a clearly understandable fashion. 

Simply put, if what you do gets the end results you need or desire, and you provide something where others can learn to get similar end results, then it's still much better than having nothing for them to go on at all, so who cares what steps you use to get those results? 

It's not as worried about "what other might say or criticize", I rather welcome any feedback or input. It's more about me not being comfortable with a particular though. It reeeaaally bothers me when tutorials and guides teach how to do things in a detrimental or backwards way, so I rather not sin myself in that regard, that's all. Hence I at least make sure to state my inexperience in the open statement of the tutorial/guide, that's about all I can do to put me at ease until someone with confidence gives me a thumbs up.

No biggie. *equips tinfoil hat*

I love how your tutorial was laid out. I only needed help with the weighting (which your tutorial basically confirmed what I was already figuring out, the correct spines needed to be included as well as the 2 breast bones for each side, and sometimes the clavicle O.o) But I've been reading through the entire thing and it's really, really well done! I'm a very handsy (hands-on?) visual learner and I'm glad to know that most of the stuff I'm doing is correct. 

Honestly you really do go above and beyond. I'd give you a slice of the cherry crumble I made the other day if I could to say thanks. 

Glad to know you worked it out. Cheers~

Um.. for the Zzjay's wardrobe is there a way to give the pirate shirt's belly node the same weight as the huntress shirt? It has a torpedo shape when my character is pregnant.

I haven't tried it myself but I'd give this a shot if I were you. Inflating using the belly weighting just sounds really weird to me. If that mod makes it all work using the UUNP "PregnancyBelly" slider as it seems to state though you'll be happy to know I work that slider into every single conversion I make (to my annoyance).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't intend for it to take this long after posting a teaser picture, I got sidetracked for a while but they'll be up soon.

Osare Panty - UNP by anano

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26305/

Osare Underwear - UNP by anano

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14294

Wahuku by Jibunn

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/43281

isetsu Kimono for UNP by Yurica

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58333/

Osare Panty is now up in the list.

DF T21 is now up in the list.

Hey JR...  :)

The i.2 Ciri links to a 1.1, is this correct or...?

The version number was wrong, the link was ok. Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Pero Pero Robes conversions now includes path pointers for the standalone version, I didn't test it yet but technically I think it should be ok. Filter the conversion names started tin "JR - PPMR-Replacer" instead of  "JR - PPMR ". I should have assigned them additional groups now that I think about it... Next time.