Centaur in the works, fully functional (update 04.05.2017 - nexus link pg 1)

XcOm04au

Well, I've knocked out several more animations.  In fact, I'm up to 18 new animations.  Spike said something to me the other day(don't really remember what), but it changed my mind on what animations I'm focusing on this time.  So, I went from doing all the Mt animations, to trying to do all the walk/run, turn/jump animations.  I'm almost finished with the female specific ones, then I'll work on the male's.

Okay guys, first, I just have a few more female specific turn animations(may even go ahead and do the swimming animations) and then I'll be on the male walk/run, turn/jump animations.  Second, other than the few issues already pointed out and the fact that only a portion of the animations are done, what - if any - issues have you come across. One thing I've noticed is that the female hands look a little too big, is that the case for anyone else?

Update: I have finished all the female specific run/walk/turn animations and only have the male specific turn animations. After that I will try to knock out the jump and swim animations. So, I should have almost all the Mt movement animations done by next week and hopefully after I pack them up for spike he will release the true alpha version.

Okay y'all.  I've run into a slight problem.  I'm having trouble with the jump animations.  It seems most of the horse jump animations are only half, i.e. the landing or the jumping.  And for some reason I can't combine them in one animation without the entire animation distorting.  I have one idea, thought I'd talk it out here to see if it has any merit.  Maybe I can take the jump start animation edit out the little bit of running at the beginning(for the regular standing jump) and then duplicate the animation but have all the frames run in revers(this is how I made the walk/run backward animations.).  So, does that sound like a solid solution?

Edit: Well, so far that plan has proved difficult to manage.

Can centaur's become vampires?

Update: I've managed to knock out 3 of the jump animations.  Still leaves about 9 or so more and then onto the swimming animations.  I believe after I have those animations done and packaged up for Spike that he will put the finishing touches on the mod for a true alpha release.

Okay all, I had to put the animations aside for a couple of days.  Had another project that had to have my special attention.  Anyway, I was talking to spike and he said that we'll have to shrink the horse half of the centaurs a little bit to make them fit inside places better.  Other than that, what all have you noticed that might be an issue to slow down our alpha release?  We would like to have it done by mid next month.

I was wondering if any animators out there might be able to answer a question for me.  It looks like the jump animation and the jump fast animation are the same animation, just a faster version of the former.  So, is there a way I could take my jump fast animation(using the time setting feature where it gives the option for the animation to play and 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, &4 times the speed) to export at the higher speed?

I was wondering if any animators out there might be able to answer a question for me.  It looks like the jump animation and the jump fast animation are the same animation, just a faster version of the former.  So, is there a way I could take my jump fast animation(using the time setting feature where it gives the option for the animation to play and 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, &4 times the speed) to export at the higher speed?

that may work, but i have never done it that way myself. i select all the nodes and drag out the keyframes.

that may work, but i have never done it that way myself. i select all the nodes and drag out the keyframes.

Thanks for the quick reply.  To show how much of a noob I am, I have no idea how to drag out keyframes.

Thanks for the quick reply.  To show how much of a noob I am, I have no idea how to drag out keyframes.

attachment=360702:1.jpgattachment=360703:2.jpgattachment=360704:3.jpgattachment=360705:4.jpgattachment=360706:5.jpg]attachment=360707:6.jpg

edit: the site is blurring the screenshots  3dsmaxscreenshots.7z

Yes, sorry.  Things have been a bit hectic for me.  But I have finished all the jump animations and am currently working on finishing the swim animations.  Once those are done, we will have approximately 300 custom animations for the Centaurs.  We came across an issue that I haven't figured out a fix for.  Apparently the centaurs collison prevents them from moving through some doorways and halls.  If you are doing a completely outdoor play through, not a problem, but it makes doing anything inside nearly impossible.  I think spike might have a fix for it.  But I'm not sure.  Anyway, hopefully, once I've packed up everything(shouldn't take more than a day or two to get the rest of the swim animations) spike can get it all ready for the alpha release quickly.

Archived