Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Black faces bug

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Ahris

Ahris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

I've found a pretty good way of dealing with multiple NPC overhauls. Even though i had some mods working nicely together, it doesn't take much to mess everything up with loose files when adding more and i think the problem is how the mod manager organizes files.
The main problem is the conflicting facegen files so i just converted all my mods' resources to BSA archives using the CK archiver and saved them with the same name as the esp. Now there is no way of the files overwriting eachother and they are always read according to the load order. The Bijin installers are too complex to put in BSA's but they are the only NPC mods with loose files so they don't conflict with any other files on the HD and they are supposed to have priority anyays.
So now i have UNO (KS Hairs), Ethereal Elven Overhaul, Ordinary Women and RS Children as BSA mods with Bijin AIO's loose files on top of them, all working great together. :)

enyan0

enyan0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

The black face bug is an old problem that occurs when several mods edits the same NPC faces, there's no easy fix and often even mods that has nothing to do with NPC's edits them but i recently found a great mod called NPCProc (NoButchWalk) that works great with SSE:

http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/73415/?

It's a SkyProc Patcher that was meant to fix so all females use female animations but as a bonus it has other functions, one of those is to fix the face miscolouring. It does this by using a list (faces.txt) where you can enter which facemod's esp should have priority.
It's the only thing that has ever worked for me, i now use a whole bunch of mods that changes NPC's without any faces problems for the first time since Skyrim was released. :)

It can be a bit complex to use if you're not used to this kind of patcher but once you get the hang of it it's easy. Instructions are on the mod page.

Any way to solve this without starting a new game?

I had ApachiiSkyHair. I removed but problems persists as mentioned by others. Maybe I have another mod that is causing conflicts? I also tried emptying the facegendata folder with no success.

My modlist:

Spoiler

liars_paradox

liars_paradox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

I guess nothing is 100% certain with esp's, sorry it didn't work.
Hairs should't be a problem unless they replace something though, i use 6 big hair mods including KS and the only problem they cause is making showracemenu take ages to start up. :) this was even before i got the skyproc patcher.

How did you use your patcher? Did you manually use it or did you use it with MO?

Edit: Modified to .bat so it doesn't insta close. I get this message: 
Could not reserve enough space for 972800KB object heap

No idea what it means. 

I'm a programmer, so I recognize what this means.  It's a memory error.  
Considering how you modified some sort of batch file, it seems that you also have a technical background yourself.  Did I answer your question, or did you already know that this might be a memory problem but was asking for something more specific?