Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Black faces bug

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Ahris

Ahris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

I've found a pretty good way of dealing with multiple NPC overhauls. Even though i had some mods working nicely together, it doesn't take much to mess everything up with loose files when adding more and i think the problem is how the mod manager organizes files.
The main problem is the conflicting facegen files so i just converted all my mods' resources to BSA archives using the CK archiver and saved them with the same name as the esp. Now there is no way of the files overwriting eachother and they are always read according to the load order. The Bijin installers are too complex to put in BSA's but they are the only NPC mods with loose files so they don't conflict with any other files on the HD and they are supposed to have priority anyays.
So now i have UNO (KS Hairs), Ethereal Elven Overhaul, Ordinary Women and RS Children as BSA mods with Bijin AIO's loose files on top of them, all working great together. :)

enyan0

enyan0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

The black face bug is an old problem that occurs when several mods edits the same NPC faces, there's no easy fix and often even mods that has nothing to do with NPC's edits them but i recently found a great mod called NPCProc (NoButchWalk) that works great with SSE:

http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/73415/?

It's a SkyProc Patcher that was meant to fix so all females use female animations but as a bonus it has other functions, one of those is to fix the face miscolouring. It does this by using a list (faces.txt) where you can enter which facemod's esp should have priority.
It's the only thing that has ever worked for me, i now use a whole bunch of mods that changes NPC's without any faces problems for the first time since Skyrim was released. :)

It can be a bit complex to use if you're not used to this kind of patcher but once you get the hang of it it's easy. Instructions are on the mod page.

Any way to solve this without starting a new game?

I had ApachiiSkyHair. I removed but problems persists as mentioned by others. Maybe I have another mod that is causing conflicts? I also tried emptying the facegendata folder with no success.

My modlist:

Spoiler

liars_paradox

liars_paradox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

I guess nothing is 100% certain with esp's, sorry it didn't work.
Hairs should't be a problem unless they replace something though, i use 6 big hair mods including KS and the only problem they cause is making showracemenu take ages to start up. :) this was even before i got the skyproc patcher.

How did you use your patcher? Did you manually use it or did you use it with MO?

Edit: Modified to .bat so it doesn't insta close. I get this message: 
Could not reserve enough space for 972800KB object heap

No idea what it means. 

I'm a programmer, so I recognize what this means.  It's a memory error.  
Considering how you modified some sort of batch file, it seems that you also have a technical background yourself.  Did I answer your question, or did you already know that this might be a memory problem but was asking for something more specific?

GrimmV

GrimmV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

I had the black face issue after installing immersive wenches and the patches for Apachii Hair and KS. Each Wench had black faces. I have just uninstalled the patch files and left the main Immersive wenches file loaded. Seems to have worked. No more Black faces on the wenches. Although they now only have normal Skyrim hairdos, I can suffer as the face colous now match their body colours :)

Don't know if that'll be of help to anyone else.

bubbabigsexy

bubbabigsexy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Did we ever find an answer to this? I recently installed quite a few mods myself for Skyrim SE. Lydia's face is now brown and she has purple hair. She's actually pretty terrifying to look at. Luckily I installed the "Jenna" mod and found her. She's much better looking than Lydia anyway. But I've still got black faces everywhere. Including the Jarl of Whiterun. Nasty!

bubbabigsexy

bubbabigsexy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

This is my Lydia now......Scary!

Can anyone help me fix this?????

Attached Files

khumak

khumak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

I just started loading up my SE install with mods and decided to start by following this Skyrim S.E.P.T.I.M. guide for SE: http://www.nexusmods...ion/mods/2846/?

So far so good, but I have run into a few things including the dark face issue.  In my case the thing that seemed to cause it was Diversity.  I resolved it by moving it below all of my face/body mesh/texture replacers.  Now faces match bodies.

bubbabigsexy

bubbabigsexy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Well i installed LOOT which is supposed to configure my mods in the correct order, but that didn't seem to fix this problem at all. Also, after playing for a week without any CTD's all of the sudden the game started to CTD every time I got into combat. I hadn't installed any new mods in a couple of days when that started happening. So that was weird and I still haven't figured out why it worked fine and then started CTDing after working fine for a week. The other problem I have is that my follower Jenna has somehow lost her head. Now when I use the flower girl options, she's totally visible. But when she's fully clothed, her head is missing. Her helmet is empty.

It's rather frustrating because i was having no issues at all and my computer is a beast and can handle everything I throw at it, so I'm pretty sure it's not a Vram problem or gpu/cpu problem. I'm planning on installing Wrye Bash tonight when I get home and maybe that will help with the problems. Maybe I'll try S.E.P.T.I.M.and see if it is an improvement over LOOT. I'll let you know if anything improves. 

GeoLikesTheLadies

GeoLikesTheLadies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Hello, I'm also experiencing this black face bug problem and need some advice on my next attempt on fixing it.

MY CURRENT SITUAUTION WITH THIS BLACK FACE BUG ANOMALY:

I'm currently experiencing the Black face bug with some of the Vanilla-based NPCs that are managed by AOI Bijin system and had tried both the manual overwriting of textures and meshes folders and creative load order 101 to no avail.

I'm thinking of giving the Skyrim Mods Optimizer (SMCO) the nod to get in there and see what it can do about this blackface bug but that utility comes with warnings and I do trust warnings; especially those posted by the mod's author(s).

Yet when the author's efforts to explained how to avoid or when the author's English isn't great; I will definitely seek for more information first before applying such a program on experimental basis. As for the instructions given at the SMCO and the note there about the NIF Optimizer (which would have been my next try in fixing this problem) coupled with author given as the way to resolved the "why is this caution warning here" sounds scary enoiugh that even looking for examples for assurance on what the right way of doing it and the things you don't do with this utility program concerning the black face bug.

I'm bringing my question here because my Skyrim Mod Engine's dephts is more suitable than inappropiate to discuss here than at that other site which harbors too much judgment to be entitled a name in a post on this website by me: (or was that the other way around and its just me?)

This Is My Dovahkin Adventuring Playground Make-up

Spoiler

MY QUESTIONS:

Have any of you tried the SMCO found here where this link takes you to:

http://www.nexusmods...rim/mods/13529/?

and did it either fixed Blackface bug or did you find it simply expelled the bug completely?

Or have anyone here used the more simplified NIF Optimizer here where this link takes you to:

http://www.nexusmods...tion/mods/4089/?

and would it solve this Black Face Bug problem?

Also if you had, did it simply work without crashes (My present SSE mod engine set-up never crashed on me;) or is it really more trouble than its worth?

Or are these type of utilities programs is the wrong approach for this type of problem/bug?

As for now; I kinda starting to like the new Lydia's redguard babe look but as for some of the other NPCs; let's just say I'm growing tired of finding a new case here and there.

Thanks goodness its only catch effect on the vanilla NPCs or I would have been spending another whole day rebuilding my Skyrim mod's engine again.

khumak

khumak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

For some reason Idolaf Battleborn is the guy I had the most problems with the black face issue.  All females and most other males I ran into had no issues.  So I used Alternate start to repeatedly tweak my load order and start a new game at the Bannered Mare in Whiterun until I finally got a setup where he looks right and SOS still works.  I have all of my Face/body replacers and customizers at the very bottom of my load order just before Alternate Start.  The order that works for me is:

Diversity (SE)

SOS Lite (SE)

Tempered Skins for Males - Nude Version (SE)

Bijin NPCs (Oldrim)

Bijin Warmaidens (Oldrim)

Bijin Wives (Oldrim)

Seranaholic (Oldrim)

Valerica (Oldrim)

Sofia Customizer (Oldrim)

Bijin AIO SSE - SV (SE)

RSSE Children Overhaul (SE)

CBBE (Oldrim)

Bodyslide (Oldrim)

Demoniac (Oldrim)

Beards (SE)

All faces and bodies match now, no neck seams, SOS works, no black faces.  I swear I spent all day moving this crap around before I finally got an order that works.  I even managed to corrupt one of my save games moving stuff around repeatedly and then saving instead of starting a new game initially.

GeoLikesTheLadies

GeoLikesTheLadies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

@Khumak: (and anyone else whom found this subject matter interesting for them.)

I found this:

http://www.creationk...e=Dark_Face_Bug

But it relies on Creation Kit's finesse which I don't have.

I discovered that the Diversity NPC Overhaul requires Apachii Hair which is no biggie since I no longer use the Seraphim textures' works which is the major reason why I have KS Haidos Lite. I going to try your suggestions first, before I make a dedicated time, ram space and risk taking  by fiddling around with my SSE's folder with my weak Creation Kit-Fu.

I will let you know the results of your suggestion even if its fails before trying anything else.

khumak

khumak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Minor correction to my previous post.  I had to stop using Tempered Skins for Males, it makes it so SOS Lite erections don't work but otherwise no changes.  You could probably put it before SOS but I think SOS would overwrite most of it's textures then.  I don't trust myself to use the creation kit without breaking things but people who know what they're doing might fix it with that.

JimBourneSmith

JimBourneSmith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Got an issue with some of my NPC's having black heads. 

I don't know when it started to happen but i can't get rid of it now. 

My Modlist: 

Spoiler

I tried disabling stuff like ordinary women, bijin, etc but nothing of that worked. 
My install directory of the SSE is clean, i am using MO for this. 
Anyone got any idea why this happens? 

Hi just some info I gleaned for anyone else watching this post

When using Bijin AIO after installing the other Oldrim Bijin files you must deactivate their esp in NMM apart from AIO - Bijin does not work with Oldrim CBBE in SSE at the time of writing. Also with Bijin AIO you must have the unofficial patch.

I have a tutorial on YouTube

I also notice some folks are using Windsong Wico, load order is very important when using Bijin AIO or RS Children

See the instructions here on UNP Body Renewal when using Windsong Wico under the Recommended Mods section on the page

http://www.nexusmods...ion/mods/1699/?

khumak

khumak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

When using Bijin AIO after installing the other Oldrim Bijin files you must deactivate their esp in NMM apart from AIO - Bijin does not work with Oldrim CBBE in SSE at the time of writing. Also with Bijin AIO you must have the unofficial patch.

I use CBBE, Diversity, RS Children, all of the Bijin mods (SE version of Warmaidens, oldrim version of the others), and the Bijin AIO and they all work fine.  No dark face issues anywhere.  I also use the oldrim CBBE customizer for Sofia and that also works fine.  The newest version of USSEP does change facegen for a bunch of NPCs though so it causes the dark face issue with a lot of mods that have not been updated for the new USSEP.  I had to make my own patch for it.

I think the easiest way to do it is to go into SSEEDIT, filter for conflict losers, go to USSEP, and then copy each NPC to override as a new file.  Then you can drag and drop anything from your other mods into the override including all the facegen stuff from USSEP.  I was surprised how much stuff I had to do manually.  The autogenerated SSEEDIT merged patch will not do it for you.  The patch I ended up with resolves conflicts with all of the following and included a TON of NPCs:

Hearthfire

Dawnguard

USSEP

Cutting Room Floor

Apachii Hair

Diversity

RS Children

all of the Bijin mods

NPCs Protected Redux

Remodelled Armor

The Choice is Yours

stevepof

stevepof

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

I've haved this problem i success to fix it, i simply take a copy of the mod The Ordinary Women or the mod that you think is the problem but for me that this mod, opened it and delete all the file in the skyrim folder that they has the same name than the file of ordinary women, after that i've launched skyrim and bug was finally fixed!