Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Black faces bug

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

dbruto99

dbruto99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

I had this issue as well and found that once I removed KS Hairdos that it fixed my problem. Not sure what to suggest other than that.

Ascian

Ascian

Weird lurking human being

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Make sure you use LOOT first an then move nobutchwalk.esm so it's the very last mod loaded, it has to be after bashed patch as well if you use it.

Also make sure the face option is enabled in the skyproc patcher

Seems like i didn't get it to work then. I added the .bat like they described it, ran it but not much happened afterwards. I also have no .esm. 

I had this issue as well and found that once I removed KS Hairdos that it fixed my problem. Not sure what to suggest other than that.

KS? Damn, will try that but it would be a shame if i had to get rid of it. I really like the hairstyles. 

Ahris

Ahris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I guess nothing is 100% certain with esp's, sorry it didn't work.
Hairs should't be a problem unless they replace something though, i use 6 big hair mods including KS and the only problem they cause is making showracemenu take ages to start up. :) this was even before i got the skyproc patcher.

Ascian

Ascian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Hairs should't be a problem unless they replace something though, i use 6 big hair mods including KS and the only problem they cause is making showracemenu take ages to start up. :) this was even before i got the skyproc patcher.

How did you use your patcher? Did you manually use it or did you use it with MO?

Edit: Modified to .bat so it doesn't insta close. I get this message: 
Could not reserve enough space for 972800KB object heap

No idea what it means. 

Ahris

Ahris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

How did you use your patcher? Did you manually use it or did you use it with MO?

No idea what it means. 

It's provided with a run.bat file that i use from it's folder at Data\SkyProc Patchers\NoButchWalk
If you have java set up correctly you can probably just start ffdammit.jar without the bat file but i assume it's there for a reason. :)

I installed it manually, i don't use a mod manager to run the patcher, only to put the generated .esp file last in the load order (Well actually i've set up LOOT to do that for me automatically now ;) )

Ascian

Ascian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

No idea what it means. 

It's provided with a run.bat file that i use from it's folder at Data\SkyProc Patchers\NoButchWalk
If you have java set up correctly you can probably just start ffdammit.jar without the bat file but i assume it's there for a reason. :)

I installed it manually, i don't use a mod manager to run the patcher, only to put the generated .esp file last in the load order (Well actually i've set up LOOT to do that for me automatically now ;) )

Yeah i tried it manually now. Ran the patcher, got the .esp but nope still blackfaced. Thanks anyway though

Ahris

Ahris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
If there are several face mods that installs .tri files they have to be installed according to the priority you load the mods in or the wrong ones will be used for conflicting faces.

Gameplayer

Gameplayer

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,413 posts

In normal Skyrim,

When you use multiple mods that effect the same NPC character's face.

You have to realize that two things are done to change the NPC face.

#1 The ESP points to specific changes,

#2 The mod comes with specific changes to the meshes and textures which then overwrite the games files structures for that NPC.

When you then use another mod that makes changes to the same NPC we then see load order issues resulting in "face bug"

This is very common and I had thought well known.

Basically you have the wrong ESP loading later in load order and its looking for specific information that now is only going to work with a different esp.

Ascian

Ascian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

I changed my Loadorder now, moved Ordinary Women below Bijin etc and moved mods like Mikan Eyes and SG Eyebrows above them. Will test it after my shift ends and report back. 

(Shrapnelist)

(Shrapnelist)
  • Guests

I play on intel hd 520 graphics and skyrim older one running 40 fps smooth with great look but on special edition it takes longer to load, the characters all have blueish spots or visual just glitches kind of stripes all over them and it is very annoying. also my fps is around 30 or less which is horrible. It wouldve been better if they had just made the original skyrim 64 bit so it could use more than 64gb ram, new skyrim is shit imo

yatol

yatol

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

I play on intel hd 520 graphics and skyrim older one running 40 fps smooth with great look but on special edition it takes longer to load, the characters all have blueish spots or visual just glitches kind of stripes all over them and it is very annoying. also my fps is around 30 or less which is horrible. It wouldve been better if they had just made the original skyrim 64 bit so it could use more than 64gb ram, new skyrim is shit imo

it's easier and faster to convert skyrim nif to fallout nif, that reversing some changes to the engine

what does your intel hd 520 have to do with your inability to install mods rights?

as usual, conflict between what there is in the load order and the nif

probably, since you didn't bother posting a screen

and those glitches kind of stripes probably a mod that replace textures with ones that aren't uncompressed

Ahris

Ahris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

I changed my Loadorder now, moved Ordinary Women below Bijin etc and moved mods like Mikan Eyes and SG Eyebrows above them. Will test it after my shift ends and report back. 

What me and Gameplayer mean is that it's not enough to simply adjust load order if the mods come with custom texture and mesh alterations, you also have to install the files themselves so they overwrite eachother in the correct order which means uninstalling the mods and then installing them in the correct order with your mod manager.

If not, one mod could be using the other mod's texture and mesh alterations, which cause the faces to become messed up.

Gameplayer: I think a lot of players who haven't modded much before and maybe haven't touched Skyrim for years found a reason to try it out with the release of Skyrim SE, trying to explain all this i realize that it's not as straightforward as it feels when you've been doing it for ages. :)

Also, the way Skyrim mods interact with eachother and mess up stuff in the game is really weird sometimes hehe, especially when it comes to faces.

spoonsinger

spoonsinger

Currently....

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Just for example sake, (having spent a bit of time over the last week on such things), the following load order in terms of face changing things seems OK for me, (apart from a non descript children I haven't fixed yet). Those in Bold in this load order effect faces and are placed in the order, (and loaded in that order for textures - because some were unpacked from 32bit bsa's). Scoped bows, (in italics), overwrites face records of certain characters so should be above them. Anyway it works for me. (Honestly it would be way easier for me if MO worked properly for SSE rather than NMM - ho hum).

Spoiler

As I said just for example. Also not entirely sure the whole built in black face thing is strictly true in all circumstances, because I've changed load order after looking in SEEEdit and reloaded to have the faces become OK. So I suspect it's more not getting the assest loaded in the right order with their respective .esp's.

Ascian

Ascian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

(Honestly it would be way easier for me if MO worked properly for SSE rather than NMM - ho hum).

It actually does. There is even a plugin to make it recognize SSE

But okay i understand what you guys mean. Seems like i do have to uninstall and reinstall them. 

What i did in the past was to install apachii npc, then ordniary women and then Bijin. I guess i will try switching ordinary women and bijin.

Edit:

So i went ahead and removed every single character changing mod i had. Then i reinstalled them, one after the other, checkign my loadorder etc aaaand npc's are still blackfaced.  

If someone thinks i am too stupid to do it right: I do have teamviewer. 

Ahris

Ahris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

One thing that wasn't brought up is that overhaul mods from old Skyrim that edits NPC's can cause all kinds of problems in Skyrim SE regardless of how you install them so make sure your overhauls are made for SSE and/or try to track down the problem by disabling those that are not.
Ordinary women work fine and Bijin works great with the new All-in-one mod for SSE, all old hair assets are fine for me so far but i've had some old overhauls (I mess around a lot with old mods) that add them to NPC's do everything from messing up the appearance of individual NPC's to crashing skyrim completely. I've had no success trying to fix this with the CK and xEdit at all so i just use what works without conversion.

Ascian

Ascian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Yeah i noticed that. 

Somne of my armors are invisible or buggy. Other than that, the only oldrim mod i should have that overwrites npc's is that apachi hair for npc mod and maybe etheral elven overhaul

pugwash99

pugwash99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

I've recently had the same problem, anything that adjusts an NPC or follower can cause the problem - I've had one with a pink face as well - Freyane - but I fixed that by adding a missing texture and updating a nif file (although I can't release her as a follower for some reason) but then I am using an original save game to test add on's.

The three I had were 'UFO (skyrim bsa unpacked)', 'House Carls have lives' and 'Bijin All in one 3.1.1' they all change bits and having them in any other order resulted in black faces for some followers.

Some of the missing armors are simply because skyrim doesn't like the nif file - Emfy underwear  resulted in large coloured triangles and it's halo was a black ring but a quick import and export in outfit studio fixed them. There's new util on Nexus - 'SSE nif optimizer' which might do the same thing but in a command line.

perrymwt

perrymwt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Make sure you use LOOT first an then move nobutchwalk.esm so it's the very last mod loaded, it has to be after bashed patch as well if you use it.

Seems like i didn't get it to work then. I added the .bat like they described it, ran it but not much happened afterwards. I also have no .esm. 

KS? Damn, will try that but it would be a shame if i had to get rid of it. I really like the hairstyles. 

I've found out that the KS Hairdo's .esp does modify NPCs.  Remove them from the mod.

Ahris

Ahris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

I've found out that the KS Hairdo's .esp does modify NPCs.  Remove them from the mod.

My version doesn't have any NPC records at all, only head parts, i'm using the latest KS Hairdos renewal from Nexus:
http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/68311/?

tduality

tduality

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Changed load order, that helped me. But now i have Lydia with black face :C

Uninstalled ks_hairdo's lite, no black faces anymore.