Black faces bug

Got an issue with some of my NPC's having black heads. 

I don't know when it started to happen but i can't get rid of it now. 

My Modlist: 

+Pride of Valhalla CBBE - Asgard
+CBBE meshes with Dwarven Leg. Armors
+Legendary Armors - Bikini Complete SSE V3.11
+Diverse Dragons Collection SE
+Swearing Mudcrabs Mod
-Vivid Weathers
+Alternate Start - Live Another Life
+20 percent More Perk Points
+Ordinator v808-1137-8-08SSE
+Immersive Patrols SE
+Smilodon
+Bandolier Bags and Pouches Classic SE
+Sneak Tools 0.6A
+Ambriel Black Blond Hair
+Ambriel Fully Voiced and Quest Version CBBE SE
+Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul
+No BS AI Projectile Dodge (Magic and Arrows) - Immersive Projectiles Nondetection of Enemies
+Enhanced Blood Textures
+Skyrim Better Roads
+WATER SE
+Verdant 2.2 SSE Edition
+Tree LOD update SFO
+Skyrim Flora Overhaul SE v2.6a
+YALO SE Terrian LOD - Skyrim
+YALO SE Terrian LOD - Dragonborn
+YALO SE Terrian LOD - Dawngaurd
+YALO Alpha 2k SE
+True Storms Special Edition
+NSM - SMIM Patch
+NSM - Patch for Skyrim Special Edition (SSE)
+A. NSM - FULL PACK v.4.5.0 2K
+JK's Skyrim all in one
+Static Mesh Improvement Mod
-SMIM Special Edition 2
+2K Vanilla argonian male
+2K CBBE argonian female
+Semper Fi - FULL Replacer
+Killer Keos Skimpy CBBE V2-V3 Armor Replacer -Work In Progress- by Killer Keo
+DaggerCraftPackage
+Blue Blood Witch Armor
+Lolidia Follower
+Deadly Wenches
+Immersive Wenches -Apachii Hair version-
+Relationship Dialogue Overhaul - RDO Final
+Fantasy Soundtrack Project
+Immersive Sounds - Compendium
+Fine Face Textures for Men by Urshi Version II
+Female Facial Animation
+Bijin Wives v1.1
+Bijin Warmaiden High-resolution skin textures for CBBE
+Bijin Warmaidens v3.1.1
+Don't Show Headgears
+Ethereal Elven Overhaul
+The Ordinary Women v1.9 CBBE
+SG Female Eyebrows
+MikanEyes v2.5
+TEOB Elven Edition
+Eye of Beauty NPC eyes texture replacer
+The Eyes Of Beauty
-Color Mismatch Fix for Humans and Bretons
+ApachiiHairStylesOnNPCs
+ApachiiSkyHairFemale
+ApachiiSkyHair v 1 6 Full
+BodySlide and Outfit Studio - v4.0
+v1_3 Hotfix-68311-1-3
+KS Hairdos Renewal
-BodySlide and Outfit Studio
+Calientes Beautiful Bodies Edition -CBBE-
+RSSE Children Overhaul
-WSCO - Windsong Skyrim Chracter Overhaul
-WICO - Windsong Immersive Chracter Overhaul
+SkyUI - Ported Version 2.2 -Removed Warrning
-Ordinator v806-1137-8-06
+Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch
*Unmanaged: Dawnguard
*Unmanaged: Dragonborn
*Unmanaged: HearthFires

I tried disabling stuff like ordinary women, bijin, etc but nothing of that worked. 
My install directory of the SSE is clean, i am using MO for this. 
Anyone got any idea why this happens? 

They are not shadowy, they are really black. 

Here are 3 Screenshots. 

post-570225-0-11498600-1478432144_thumb.jpg

post-570225-0-46485800-1478432145_thumb.jpg

post-570225-0-81624300-1478432146_thumb.jpg

Somethign weird also just happened: 

I saved my game infront of an npc that had a black face so i could quickly check the issue. 

Now upon loading the game, her head was normal. 

Still some npc's have the issue while others dont. 

while in game go into console commands (~) and click onto the character. On the bottom right, see if there is a esp overwriting her.

Alright give me a second, i will check this out. 

Wait do i need a special console for that? Clicking on him doesnt do anytihng

I've had the same thing myself happen after installing Males of Skyrim which uses Apachii, it's a random bug, but once it occurs the npcs affected seem permanently stuck with a black face and not even uninstalling all mods and starting a new game fixed things, so it seems that the vanilla face data must have been corrupted.

It's also a known bug with ApachiiHairStylesOnNPCs which I see in your load order, so that might be the mod that first triggered the bug in your case.

In the end, after trying for quite some time to restore the npcs back to vanilla I just gave up and wiped the game and re-installed it, maybe someone more knowledgeable than me might know of a less drastic way of fixing the black faces, but at the time I was tired, fed up and just wanted everything back to normal.

I've had the same thing myself happen after installing Males of Skyrim which uses Apachii, it's a random bug, but once it occurs the npcs affected seem permanently stuck with a black face and not even uninstalling all mods and starting a new game fixed things, so it seems that the vanilla face data must have been corrupted.

It's also a known bug with ApachiiHairStylesOnNPCs which I see in your load order, so that might be the mod that first triggered the bug in your case.

In the end, after trying for quite some time to restore the npcs back to vanilla I just gave up and wiped the game and re-installed it, maybe someone more knowledgeable than me might know of a less drastic way of fixing the black faces, but at the time I was tired, fed up and just wanted everything back to normal.

This might be possible because it did happen sometime after i installed the hair on npc mod. But yeah deactivating that one didnt help

If you can 100% confirm it is Apachi sky hairs thats causing it than it might be easier to work on finding a fix.

Have you tried a new character?

Also ave you tried deactivating the mod than loading up a new character?

Yes i have tried that already. Even tried disabling all the character changing mods and then starting a new game, but its still happening now. 

it might be a problem with running out of memory to load textures....disabling few HD packs should be fixed it.

I got 4GB of Vram, so a few 2k Textures really shouldn't be the problem. I got a load of 3GB ingame. 

Hmm...

I have an idea, its a bit of a "random" idea but try this mod

Use the parchments in your inventory to toggle them to see if it helps.

Didn't work but thank you nonetheless!

the problem is facegendata mesh not all mesh work but some mork fine and other black face

npc85 fine

SGOS black face

tk children work

Question is: Which of mine doesn't work then and why is disabling the mods not fixing the issue?

I had the same issue with Lydia when I installed Bijin All-in-One Special Edition. I turned off old Skyrim's CBBE and it fixed the issue.

I will try that one next then

Hmm...

the problem is facegendata mesh not all mesh work but some mork fine and other black face

npc85 fine

SGOS black face

tk children work

Question is: Which of mine doesn't work then and why is disabling the mods not fixing the issue?

I had the same issue with Lydia when I installed Bijin All-in-One Special Edition. I turned off old Skyrim's CBBE and it fixed the issue.

when you disable mod you need unistall mods because NMM not remove file when you disable mods if you need to know go in facgendata and look folder skyrim.esm  is folder is empty or not

Hmm...

npc85 fine

SGOS black face

tk children work

when you disable mod you need unistall mods because NMM not remove file when you disable mods if you need to know go in facgendata and look folder skyrim.esm  is folder is empty or not

I am using mod organizer not NMM, does this still apply?

The black face bug is an old problem that occurs when several mods edits the same NPC faces, there's no easy fix and often even mods that has nothing to do with NPC's edits them but i recently found a great mod called NPCProc (NoButchWalk) that works great with SSE:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73415/?

It's a SkyProc Patcher that was meant to fix so all females use female animations but as a bonus it has other functions, one of those is to fix the face miscolouring. It does this by using a list (faces.txt) where you can enter which facemod's esp should have priority.
It's the only thing that has ever worked for me, i now use a whole bunch of mods that changes NPC's without any faces problems for the first time since Skyrim was released. :)

It can be a bit complex to use if you're not used to this kind of patcher but once you get the hang of it it's easy. Instructions are on the mod page.

Thanks a lot for sharing this. I will try this out in the evening and see if this helps me!

Edit: Tried it. I don't know if i did it correctly, i ran it like described through MO but the npc's are still blackfaced. 

Yes i tried a new game. 

Make sure you use LOOT first an then move nobutchwalk.esm so it's the very last mod loaded, it has to be after bashed patch as well if you use it.

Also make sure the face option is enabled in the skyproc patcher

Seems like i didn't get it to work then. I added the .bat like they described it, ran it but not much happened afterwards. I also have no .esm. 

I had this issue as well and found that once I removed KS Hairdos that it fixed my problem. Not sure what to suggest other than that.

KS? Damn, will try that but it would be a shame if i had to get rid of it. I really like the hairstyles. 

I guess nothing is 100% certain with esp's, sorry it didn't work.

Hairs should't be a problem unless they replace something though, i use 6 big hair mods including KS and the only problem they cause is making showracemenu take ages to start up. :) this was even before i got the skyproc patcher.

Hairs should't be a problem unless they replace something though, i use 6 big hair mods including KS and the only problem they cause is making showracemenu take ages to start up. :) this was even before i got the skyproc patcher.

How did you use your patcher? Did you manually use it or did you use it with MO?

Edit: Modified to .bat so it doesn't insta close. I get this message: 

Could not reserve enough space for 972800KB object heap

No idea what it means. 

How did you use your patcher? Did you manually use it or did you use it with MO?

Edit: Modified to .bat so it doesn't insta close. I get this message: 

Could not reserve enough space for 972800KB object heap

No idea what it means. 

It's provided with a run.bat file that i use from it's folder at Data\SkyProc Patchers\NoButchWalk

If you have java set up correctly you can probably just start ffdammit.jar without the bat file but i assume it's there for a reason. :)

I installed it manually, i don't use a mod manager to run the patcher, only to put the generated .esp file last in the load order (Well actually i've set up LOOT to do that for me automatically now ;) )

Archived