Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Black faces bug

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Ascian

Ascian

Weird lurking human being

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Got an issue with some of my NPC's having black heads. 

I don't know when it started to happen but i can't get rid of it now. 

My Modlist: 

Spoiler

I tried disabling stuff like ordinary women, bijin, etc but nothing of that worked. 
My install directory of the SSE is clean, i am using MO for this. 
Anyone got any idea why this happens? 

b00marrows

b00marrows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

A screenshot would be helpfull and possibly look at this

Ascian

Ascian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

They are not shadowy, they are really black. 

Here are 3 Screenshots. 

Attached File  20161106123234_1.jpg   225.8KB   230 downloads

Attached File  20161106123335_1.jpg   169.78KB   90 downloads

Attached File  20161106123352_1.jpg   93.82KB   71 downloads

Somethign weird also just happened: 

I saved my game infront of an npc that had a black face so i could quickly check the issue. 

Now upon loading the game, her head was normal. 

Still some npc's have the issue while others dont. 

jap2015

jap2015

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

while in game go into console commands (~) and click onto the character. On the bottom right, see if there is a esp overwriting her.

Ascian

Ascian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

while in game go into console commands (~) and click onto the character. On the bottom right, see if there is a esp overwriting her.

Alright give me a second, i will check this out. 

Wait do i need a special console for that? Clicking on him doesnt do anytihng

PervyPotter

PervyPotter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

I've had the same thing myself happen after installing Males of Skyrim which uses Apachii, it's a random bug, but once it occurs the npcs affected seem permanently stuck with a black face and not even uninstalling all mods and starting a new game fixed things, so it seems that the vanilla face data must have been corrupted.

It's also a known bug with ApachiiHairStylesOnNPCs which I see in your load order, so that might be the mod that first triggered the bug in your case.

In the end, after trying for quite some time to restore the npcs back to vanilla I just gave up and wiped the game and re-installed it, maybe someone more knowledgeable than me might know of a less drastic way of fixing the black faces, but at the time I was tired, fed up and just wanted everything back to normal.

Ascian

Ascian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

I've had the same thing myself happen after installing Males of Skyrim which uses Apachii, it's a random bug, but once it occurs the npcs affected seem permanently stuck with a black face and not even uninstalling all mods and starting a new game fixed things, so it seems that the vanilla face data must have been corrupted.

It's also a known bug with ApachiiHairStylesOnNPCs which I see in your load order, so that might be the mod that first triggered the bug in your case.

In the end, after trying for quite some time to restore the npcs back to vanilla I just gave up and wiped the game and re-installed it, maybe someone more knowledgeable than me might know of a less drastic way of fixing the black faces, but at the time I was tired, fed up and just wanted everything back to normal.

This might be possible because it did happen sometime after i installed the hair on npc mod. But yeah deactivating that one didnt help

b00marrows

b00marrows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

If you can 100% confirm it is Apachi sky hairs thats causing it than it might be easier to work on finding a fix.

Have you tried a new character?
Also ave you tried deactivating the mod than loading up a new character?

gunn_kristin

gunn_kristin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

it might be a problem with running out of memory to load textures....disabling few HD packs should be fixed it.

Ascian

Ascian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

If you can 100% confirm it is Apachi sky hairs thats causing it than it might be easier to work on finding a fix.

Have you tried a new character?
Also ave you tried deactivating the mod than loading up a new character?

Yes i have tried that already. Even tried disabling all the character changing mods and then starting a new game, but its still happening now. 

it might be a problem with running out of memory to load textures....disabling few HD packs should be fixed it.

I got 4GB of Vram, so a few 2k Textures really shouldn't be the problem. I got a load of 3GB ingame. 

b00marrows

b00marrows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
Hmm...
I have an idea, its a bit of a "random" idea but try this mod
Use the parchments in your inventory to toggle them to see if it helps.

chevalierx

chevalierx

Void

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

the problem is facegendata mesh not all mesh work but some mork fine and other black face

npc85 fine

SGOS black face

tk children work

sydneyroo

sydneyroo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

I had the same issue with Lydia when I installed Bijin All-in-One Special Edition. I turned off old Skyrim's CBBE and it fixed the issue.

Ascian

Ascian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Hmm...

Didn't work but thank you nonetheless!

the problem is facegendata mesh not all mesh work but some mork fine and other black face

npc85 fine

SGOS black face

tk children work

Question is: Which of mine doesn't work then and why is disabling the mods not fixing the issue?

I had the same issue with Lydia when I installed Bijin All-in-One Special Edition. I turned off old Skyrim's CBBE and it fixed the issue.

I will try that one next then

chevalierx

chevalierx

Void

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Hmm...

npc85 fine

SGOS black face

tk children work

Question is: Which of mine doesn't work then and why is disabling the mods not fixing the issue?

when you disable mod you need unistall mods because NMM not remove file when you disable mods if you need to know go in facgendata and look folder skyrim.esm  is folder is empty or not

Ascian

Ascian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Hmm...

npc85 fine

SGOS black face

tk children work

when you disable mod you need unistall mods because NMM not remove file when you disable mods if you need to know go in facgendata and look folder skyrim.esm  is folder is empty or not

I am using mod organizer not NMM, does this still apply?

chevalierx

chevalierx

Void

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

i have download last version of mods and now it work like sharme ( i install npc mods at the end)

Ahris

Ahris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

The black face bug is an old problem that occurs when several mods edits the same NPC faces, there's no easy fix and often even mods that has nothing to do with NPC's edits them but i recently found a great mod called NPCProc (NoButchWalk) that works great with SSE:

http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/73415/?

It's a SkyProc Patcher that was meant to fix so all females use female animations but as a bonus it has other functions, one of those is to fix the face miscolouring. It does this by using a list (faces.txt) where you can enter which facemod's esp should have priority.
It's the only thing that has ever worked for me, i now use a whole bunch of mods that changes NPC's without any faces problems for the first time since Skyrim was released. :)

It can be a bit complex to use if you're not used to this kind of patcher but once you get the hang of it it's easy. Instructions are on the mod page.

Ascian

Ascian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Thanks a lot for sharing this. I will try this out in the evening and see if this helps me!

Edit: Tried it. I don't know if i did it correctly, i ran it like described through MO but the npc's are still blackfaced. 

Yes i tried a new game. 

Ahris

Ahris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Make sure you use LOOT first an then move nobutchwalk.esm so it's the very last mod loaded, it has to be after bashed patch as well if you use it.

Also make sure the face option is enabled in the skyproc patcher