Oblivion Character Overhaul less ape like looking Khajiits?

Nepro

Oblivion Character Overhaul and it's Seamless sister mod by junkacc is awesome high quality overhaul that get rid of potato head looking NPCs. But Khajiits are marred by looking like apes. How do I go about making Khajiits looking like in vanilla? There are couple high resolution texture replacers that are worth. Use TES4Edit and remove any edit to Khajiit race and then remove alll OCO textures and meshes?I wish there was some replacer for OCO for khajiits that don't make them look like apes.

I don't use OCO

You use the HGEC and Roberts male patch/version?

So you have the textures you need.

Think OCO use a new khajiit head nif. Delete the head nif, so the game use vanilla heads ( I found a old OCO version in my folders and the head has the same UV map as the vanilla head, so the OCO head textures should work fine with the vanilla head )

! check if OCO change the head mesh path ! If yes put the vanilla khajiit head mesh in the right folder.

Test in game if the hair and eyes works. If not you delete also the OCO khajiit eyes and hairs.

And if the head looks still shit you change the default settings to vanilla with TES4Edit.

All 4 You can change all at once. simply drag-drop.

post-3205-0-66243800-1478405393_thumb.jpg

If you have delete the OCO khajiit hairs and/or eyes delete them also in the race and add vanilla versions

Maybe you first change the head setting to vanilla, maybe the OCO head looks better with vanilla settings

Or you delete the whole OCO khajiit race. The OCO HGEC and Roberts textures should work.

?  I have only a old OCO version in my folders and checked the heads.

OCO, fanilla and hiyoko gene forge heads works all fine with the same texture.

the hiyoko gene forge head is a small vanilla head.

post-3205-0-09804200-1478566072_thumb.jpg all with the same texture

If you don't like the default look of the hiyoko gene forge khajiit you can change the settings, copy the vanilla ( ot OCO) settings in the khajiit race of the hiyoko gene forge esp .( see my post above)

• 4 weeks later...

I don't understand how anyone could prefer the vanilla to the OCO one...

As a matter of fact, I do. :)

Slightly off topic, I have something to add to this discussion. I've been playing Elsweyr Anequina for the first time (after finding a working download link at assimilationlab). Fantastic mod, by the way.

I have a problem with Khajiit textures though. Not all the Khajiit, only the Omhes-Raht (sort of furred Bosmer) and Cathay-Raht (those with jaguar skin) have a problem. The body textures look weird, with large monochromatic areas and abrupt transitions along the center of the body and the shoulders.

This happens both with nude characters and with EVE hgec / Robert's wardrobe.

Adding tags Body-F and Body-M, and merging the mod in Bashed Patch didn't fix it.

The following is the Race Records section of my BP:

post-729106-0-77873400-1480954432_thumb.png

The body assets for these races are packed in bsa files, if that does matter.

The OCO esp listed is my personal modification (alters only Bosmer and Orcs).

Do you have HGEC textures for the Anequina races ?

In the bsa are  vanilla textures ( only in some folders are male roberts textures)  and vanilla armor and clothes.

In my game I add HGEC and Roberts textures and replaced all Anequina armor and clothes with HGEC versions ( most with BBB )

anequina cathay raht

in the male folder

footmale.dds ( Roberts)

handmale.dds  (Vanilla)

legmale.dds  (Vanilla)

upperbodymale.dds  (Vanilla)

Female folder

footfemale.dds ( Vanilla)

handfemale.dds  (Vanilla)

legfemale.dds  (Vanilla)

upperbodyfemale.dds  (Vanilla)

tail.dds

---------------------

anequina ohmes raht

in the male folder

footmale.dds ( vanilla)

handmale.dds  (Vanilla)

legmale.dds  (Vanilla)

upperbodymale.dds  (Vanilla)

rtfootmale.dds (Roberts. But the texture is not used in the esp)

Female folder

footfemale.dds ( Vanilla)

handfemale.dds  (Vanilla)

legfemale.dds  (Vanilla)

upperbodyfemale.dds  (Vanilla)

tail.dds

I play Anequina since many years. The textures and armores I add in the 2010 version and now with the 2014 version I unpacked the bsa and add/replaced the Texures and armors-clothes with my old 2010 files. I installed all without bsa

A old HGEC Roberts patch http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/30901/?

I never used the esp, i only used the textures

--------------

Edit: For all who want to play elsweyr anequina (2014 version)

esp and some files http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/files/file/1070-elsweyr-anequina/

Meshes and textures bsa http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/files/file/886-elsweyr-anequina-meshes-and-textures/

A shop sign texture fix for the 2014 version http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46615/?

The HGEC patch by Xtudo linked by fejeena worked.

I also merged the esp in Wrye Bash, so now my anequina cats have whiskers and eyelashes.

By the way, the relevant section of Bash configuration is "Merge Patches" rather than "Race Records".

I'm still trying to figure out how to best use the "Race Records" tweaks. So far, the only use I found for them is filtering out and replace incompatible eyes (like anequina tsaesci).

The HGEC patch by Xtudo linked by fejeena worked.

I also merged the esp in Wrye Bash, so now my anequina cats have whiskers and eyelashes.

By the way, the relevant section of Bash configuration is "Merge Patches" rather than "Race Records".

I'm still trying to figure out how to best use the "Race Records" tweaks. So far, the only use I found for them is filtering out and replace incompatible eyes (like anequina tsaesci).

Some mods make changes to races and want those changes to be preserved even if another mod changes the same race. This ensures that those changes are kept. It also checks for and fixes various errors such as googly eyes and missing hair or eyes. It also has a section of race tweaks which the user can select as desired.

I use it to prevent lower LO MODs from further altering those race related MODs higher in my LO. Fairly certain that is its intended purpose. Especially useful when adding your own custom MODs, that alter races; I have a bunch from fixing/editing race MODs.

I use to prevent lower LO MODs from further altering those race related MODs higher in my LO. Fairly certain that is its intended purpose. Especially useful when adding your own custom MODs, that alter races; I have a bunch from fixing/editing race MODs.

Thanks. This should be the missing piece of the puzzle...

I'm having a problem with a personal implementation of OCO, because Wood Elves are stubbornly mantaining the vanilla appearance.

Also "vanillla beast skeleton tweaker" is acting a little weird.

I found that some NPCs have a beast skeleton assigned, even though they are not khajiits or argonians.

Perhaps this is why some animations manifest unusual streching effects.

I apologize for derailing the thread a bit, and for the cross-posting. It won't happen again.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived