Mod Conversions

xGHoSTx

Hey everyone!

Ive found out how to convert mods and am willing to convert some of the old classic mods to SSE!

so if anyone has any requested armour mods or some thing along those lines feel free to ask in this topic!

PLEASE NOTE! their are some mods that wont be able to convert until SKSE64 comes out! these include: mods that require SKSE,HDT or an MCM to Run! (i know it sucks but thats life unfortunately)

Please make sure to get PERMISSION from the original mod author!

EDIT : the main time I'm able to convert any of these mods is at the weekends so please try to be patient!

Hey everyone!

Ive found out how to convert mods and am willing to convert some of the old classic mods to SSE!

so if anyone has any requested armour mods or some thing along those lines feel free to ask in this topic!

PLEASE NOTE! their are some mods that wont be able to convert until SKSE64 comes out! these include: mods that require SKSE,HDT or an MCM to Run! (i know it sucks but thats life unfortunately)

EDIT : the main time I'm able to convert any of these mods is at the weekends so please try to be patient!

if possible tuto or tips

ok first things first textures don't need converting, and second aslong as you dont have a .BSA file or a dependancy on SKSE or HDT etc.. you can drag n drop into the SSE Data folder

the texture have shiny effect like vivid texture , texture need be convert  for landscape

I tried an armor mod for original skyrim in SSE and textures cause CTD so some textures need to be converted.

ok first things first textures don't need converting, and second aslong as you dont have a .BSA file or a dependancy on SKSE or HDT etc.. you can drag n drop into the SSE Data folder

the texture have shiny effect like vivid texture , texture need be convert  for landscape

I tried an armor mod for original skyrim in SSE and textures cause CTD so some textures need to be converted.

mod with BSA need to be extracted or you get ctd

I know, I only use the loose files, the bsa causes the game to not even boot, the problem with some textures from original skyrim mods is that the game ctd only when an object with those textures is loaded ingame.

I know, I only use the loose files, the bsa causes the game to not even boot, the problem with some textures from original skyrim mods is that the game ctd only when an object with those textures is loaded ingame.

send me link of mod and i will try it

send me link of mod and i will try it

Here it is: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73007/?

the mod  have bsa +esp ????????

and is not simple armor it add quest and lot of other thing need clean with tes5edit

It's a quest with an armor and I use it with the loose files unpacked from the bsa. The question is that the mod works if you delete the textures. This way, all the objects added by the quest are purple obviously, but it works. If you don't delete the textures and for exemple, you add a piece of armor in your inventory via commands, the moment it should appear in the inventory preview, it crashes to desk, the same happens if a cell in the game with an object from this mod is loaded.

Ok sorry i haven't replied in a while ill get to converting the outfits! the Race mods may take a little longer so please Bear with me :D

there are 2 ways i can get the converted files to you EITHER i upload them to the nexus OR ill put them in my drop box file and add the link to this thread

unfortunately the Daedra of coldharbour mod is only convertible for PERSONAL use so i cannot upload it to the Nexus sorry :( although i have sent a message to Aipex8 to ask if i may convert it for him!

well i kinda figured most of it out on my own but the BSA conversions you need a copy of FoMM (fallout mod manager) to unpack the .BSA files,

only after this has been done can the game run the mod with any form of success,

some armor mods do need some texture editing before they will work, and as that isn't a part of my skill set i cant help ya with textures sorry. :s 

That's not entirely true, oldrim was less picky when it came to reading .DDS textures while Skyrim SE requires them to be saved with the correct compression, so some old texture mods can and will crash the game.

An example is the mature skin for oldrim, that has specular maps that works great in oldrim but cause CTD in Skyrim SE unless they are resaved in the correct format.

That's not entirely true, oldrim was less picky when it came to reading .DDS textures while Skyrim SE requires them to be saved with the correct compression, so some old texture mods can and will crash the game.

An example is the mature skin for oldrim, that has specular maps that works great in oldrim but cause CTD in Skyrim SE unless they are resaved in the correct format.

I can confirm.

Hey everyone!

hmm would it be possible  to convert skse into 64 bit to work as a temp untill one comes out so sexlab will run 

i am installing the new skyrim special edition now

• 3 weeks later...

soo.. anyone came up with a simple method to convert simple armor mods?

I have the black sacrament mod and extracted the BSA file which contained mesh folder and texture folder, I noticed that all the textures are in .DDS soo I guess it's working fine? I just copied the mod's BSA content with the esp file and the rest of the mod files (script and fomod and optional..etc) and made them into a .RAR file and added it in NMM and installed it just fine

then I loaded the game, the armor works fine, textures are fine, but there is a strange problem.. when I used the NMM to install the mod, it didn't install the whole mod, just copied the female torso .NIF file of the armor, didn't copy gauntlet, boots, not even the male version of it, I had to copy them manually

can someone tell me why this happened?

I'm using this mod for personal use, I tried contacting the author but last time he logged in nexus was like a year and half ago.

Archived