[Request]Temptress Race and outift for CBBEv3

wingzero75712

I'd convert it if I had time.

But WTF is with people doing stupid shit like setting Apachii SkyHair as a master for a race mod? :rolleyes: It's friggin' stupid. If you build the race right in the first place, it'll have access to EVERY hair the vanilla races do.

In any event, if no one does it before I get caught up on my other mods, I'll sort it for you.

Trykz

But WTF is with people doing stupid shit like setting Apachii SkyHair as a master for a race mod? :rolleyes: It's friggin' stupid. If you build the race right in the first place' date=' it'll have access to EVERY hair the vanilla races do.

In any event, if no one does it before I get caught up on my other mods, I'll sort it for you.

Trykz

[/quote']

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

I second this!

While i really like UNP way mroe than CBBE... i love tat Remodeled Armor pack for ccbe moar.

meanwhile, you can simply do a manual edit, and put body textures and meshes from CBBE in the temptress's appropriate folders i n/meshes and /textures, and keep face's stuff from temptress itself

But WTF is with people doing stupid shit like setting Apachii SkyHair as a master for a race mod? :rolleyes: It's friggin' stupid. If you build the race right in the first place' date=' it'll have access to EVERY hair the vanilla races do.

Trykz

[/quote']

Thank You Tyrk..I Appreciate it

Trykz

[/quote']

Thank You Tyrk..I Appreciate it

No problem.

But this will have to wait until Bethesda fixes the current issues with the CK and custom races.

If I load the race into the CK to convert to CBBE, it'll break sure as hell. Just like ALL of my custom races. But once these are resolved, I'll do a quickie convert with a standalone CBBE body. Whenever that may be.

Trykz

So I did a quickie body swap on this race for CBBEv3. And everything works as it should.

However,

since I suck at Nifskope, someone else will need to convert the armors. I also need to swap in a more suitable set of textures, as the head textures don't really match the body very well. It doesn't look "really" bad, but it's certainly VERY noticable. I'll try a few different body and head textures to see what combination works best later tonight or tomorrow. I have a Temptress set for CBBE, but it isn't the "complete" set. I'll see what I can find to swap in for the followers in the mod to wear. With any luck, the modder who converted the incomplete set I have may have finished the complete set and uploaded somewhere.

I'm trying to squeeze a little time in on this here and there as I do other stuff, as I know you guys are looking forward to it, but it's not taking center stage as I have waaaay too much of my own stuff to get done. But know I'm looking into it, and should have something you can download within a few days. Hopefully by the weekend.

Trykz

Textures would be easy with the texblend for CBBE. Copy your textures\actors directory in your skyrim folder then swap in the head files and do a blend modding the head to the body and then copy out the changed head textures and copy back your actors folder. Replace the head texture for the race in its folder with the modified one and you have a match. ~just an idea. :)

Umm.... yeah, about this.... TexBlend doesn't fix everything. Swapping out the face normal would be the easy solution. But it changes the appearance of the race a lot. Which kind of defeats the purpose.

I took a quick peek at it in the CK, and decided I'd rather not mess with it any further. It has more serious issues than the Nidia race did.

No RaceCompatibility scripting

No vampire variant

No mounted combat data

Senseless hair mod requirement (so the followers can have custom hair? Seriously? edit them in the NPC Editor instead)

If I load it into the CK to fix it the right way, it will break sure as hell because it was built prior to the 1.6 patch and CK update.

If someone wants to ask the author if he minds someone doing a proper CBBE conversion, then I'll gladly put my name to it. Alternatively, just do a quick body mesh and texture swap.

Sorry guys, but I seriously don't have time to fix someone else's race mod.

Trykz

Umm.... yeah' date=' about this.... TexBlend doesn't fix everything. Swapping out the face normal would be the easy solution. But it changes the appearance of the race a lot. Which kind of defeats the purpose.

I took a quick peek at it in the CK, and decided I'd rather not mess with it any further. It has more serious issues than the Nidia race did.

No RaceCompatibility scripting

No vampire variant

No mounted combat data

Senseless hair mod requirement (so the followers can have custom hair? Seriously? edit them in the NPC Editor instead)

If I load it into the CK to fix it the right way, it will break sure as hell because it was built prior to the 1.6 patch and CK update.

If someone wants to ask the author if he minds someone doing a proper CBBE conversion, then I'll gladly put my name to it. Alternatively, just do a quick body mesh and texture swap.

Sorry guys, but I seriously don't have time to fix someone else's race mod.

Trykz

[/quote']

Ooh..no problem thanks for tyring help us Tryk:)

Well, I'd really like to help you guys out. But I don't want to rebuild this race without permission from the original author. I think it would be tons more fun to play with a LOT more variation, and without the silly hair requirement. It's easy enough to add custom hair to an NPC by simply separating them from the race and releasing them separately, so users can give them whatever hair they choose using the NPC Editor.

I despise mods that pigeonhole the user into downloading some "other" required mod. Race mods should be "standalone". Simple as that.

But as I said, if someone wants to contact the original author for permission, I'll gladly rebuild the race for full CBBE compatibility. I just don't have the time right now to chase someone around Nexus myself trying to obtain permission.

Trykz

Well' date=' I'd really like to help you guys out. But I don't want to rebuild this race without permission from the original author. I think it would be tons more fun to play with a LOT more variation, and without the silly hair requirement. It's easy enough to add custom hair to an NPC by simply separating them from the race and releasing them separately, so users can give them whatever hair they choose using the NPC Editor.

I despise mods that pigeonhole the user into downloading some "other" required mod. Race mods should be "standalone". Simple as that.

But as I said, if someone wants to contact the original author for permission, I'll gladly rebuild the race for full CBBE compatibility. I just don't have the time right now to chase someone around Nexus myself trying to obtain permission.

Trykz

[/quote']

I have been trying contact the author..but he haven't answered yet:(

thanks Tryk..if the author reply i will tell you soon:D

• 3 weeks later...

I see they finally made a CBBE version of this, but still without a vampire variant and no race compatibility :dodgy:

It seems as though the authors don't want this race to be able to be vampires (because of the racial ability :huh:), which kind of sucks, because I'd probably roll one of these just to play one as a vampire :P

Trykz

I see they finally made a CBBE version of this' date=' but still without a vampire variant and no race compatibility :dodgy:

It seems as though the authors don't want this race to be able to be vampires (because of the racial ability :huh:), which kind of sucks, because I'd probably roll one of these just to play one as a vampire :P

Trykz

[/quote']

yeah..I have checked it

no vampire variant..sigh..better forget about this race I guess:D

still moonshadow elves is the best one and my favourite :D

yeah..I have checked it

I have an alternative for this in the works ;)

Just keep a watchful eye for the next day or so :P

Trykz

yeah..I have checked it

I have an alternative for this in the works ;)

Just keep a watchful eye for the next day or so :P

Trykz

Yeahhhh...I'm eagerly waiting then :D

by the way..Congratulation for your youngest son :)

Archived