A Collection of Eagles (Weapon Mod)

feral

A collection of Eagles, is my attempt to make the best possible Desert Eagle mod I could make.
Taking inspiration from other Desert Eagle mods, mods that are great, but lack a few details that I feel
prevent them from being the "defacto" Desert Eagle mod.

As a huge fan of the Desert Eagle I want to strive to make that "defacto" Desert Eagle mod!

==============================Features!=====================================

Three caliber conversions!

While this isn't unique to Desert Eagle mods, I don't think it's been implemented
properly. Each caliber has it's own sound, level of recoil, and proper magazine count.

.357 Magnum (Uses .38 in game due to asset limitations)
9 rounds, little recoil

.44 Magnum
8 rounds, moderate recoil

.50 Action Express (Uses .50, if you have the Modern Firearms mod, that mod renames the .50 ammo)
7 rounds, high recoil

+++More realistic modding!+++

Okay, well, I'm not a gunsmith but I did my best to implement the knowledge that I do have to make a more
down to earth gun modding experience. If you have in-depth experience with firearms and their intricate
workings, please feel free to leave a comment with criticism or suggestions.

Outside of perks, the only way to increase this firearm's damage output is to change calibers, and each
caliber is balanced against maxed out vanilla weapons.

.357 = 63
.44 = 110
.50 = 155

Frame/Receiver mods: These mods primarily effect the weight of the weapon, which will improve accuracy
reduce iron sight transition time, and effect recoil accordingly

Trigger mods: These mods primarily effect accuracy, and to a lesser effect; rate of fire.
**Plus a hidden legendary mod, more details below**

Internals: These mods primarily effect the rate of fire, and reduce AP cost.

Magazine: Currently only effects reload speed.

Sights: Iron sights, reflex sights, and a scope! The Desert Eagle is a hunting pistol after all!

+++Nearly a dozen finishes+++

11 to be precise!

Matte Black
Gloss Black
Brushed Chrome
Polished Chrome
Burned Bronze
Polished Copper
Brushed Nickel
Polished Nickel
Brushed Sterling Silver
Polished Sterling Silver
24K Gold

+++Custom Grips+++

Stock rubber grips
Oak Wood
Cherry Wood
Mahogany Wood
Ivory

+++Leveled List Integration+++

LL Integration via scripts, big thanks to a_blind_man for his LL Injector Tool, see credits below for more info.

Currently the integration is small, the gun is added to specialty gun vendors at level 12
Boss raiders and Gunners will carry them when you reach level 15
and some lower level gunners and raiders will carry them when you reach level 18

Having used scripts, this should prevent most common cause of conflicts.

+++Unique Variant+++

I've included a unique variant. Hint: It's not too far from where you start. Want it's exact location? I've included
a help folder.

++++Treasure Hunt++++

Find the discarded holotapes I placed around the Commonwealth, there are three in total. They will lead you to a unique
mod for your Desert Eagle. Don't expect them to hold your hand, read them carefully though; the might just clue you in
on "how" to look for them.

Your first clue to get you started: Find me in Lexington, bring your swim trunks.

--If you find this treasure hunt too difficult, or just don't feel like looking, I have included a help folder with
locations and screenshots.

==================================Installation=================================================

I don't know how to set up for the NMM yet, but just extract the contents of the data folder into your Fallout 4
data folder and you're ready to rock and roll.

==================================Known Bugs/Issues==============================================

There is a graphical issue with the gun model in where on the very front of the barrel there is a small sliver of the
gun that either appears black, or is invisible; you can't see it in most normal play but does show up in preview mode.
This is a known issue by the original author, and currently the why of it is unknown. If he does make a fix for it, I will
update the models.

There is also an issue that I have been experiencing when engaging in melee kill animations, where the animation is
interrupted and doesn't play, but immediately goes back to normal combat.

===================================Compatibility=================================================

Should be quite compatible, having used scripts to get the weapon into the game.

Only one incompatibility, or at least a potential one. Toasty Fresh's Desert Eagle mod plugin might be incompatible with
this mod. Due to the custom animation used in his mod, I built this mod off of his plugin.

====================================Credits================================================

Model / Textures - Toasty Fresh
 http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17802/?

Scripts - Leveled list Injection Tool by a_blind_man ==You really should look into this if you plan to mod==
 http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17782/?

Reload animation by robersonb1
 http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17722/?

===================================Future plans============================================

Of course with your input, fix any problems I may have overlooked and balance the gun better.

Looking into more finishes and more custom grips.

And for players who like Idlesheep's modern firearms/sidearms mod, like I do; I will make a plugin that'll balance
this Desert Eagle against their sidearms, yet be independent for convenience sake.

=========================================================================================

The mod is available for download on the Xbox one!

https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/3065888

I will re-release the PC version later, I got to clean up some clutter because I'm a technical slob T_T

post-409533-0-80010100-1478285217_thumb.jpg

post-409533-0-59624100-1478285223_thumb.jpg

post-409533-0-37769100-1478285229_thumb.jpg

post-409533-0-15233000-1478285235_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived