Great mod, great concept. Seems to be working relatively bug-free. Have to report a couple peculiarites, though:

1) NPCs don't gain arousal at all during a conversation. Are they supposed to, or is that an internal thing? I see in the source code that the NPC's arousal is supposedly altered using a ModRank(ArsFaction, Arousal) call, I'm not sure what the intent is with that (increase exposure, modify arousal directly), but either way, it just doesn't seem to do anything at all. Can anyone else verify this, or is it just my machine? Also, why is Arousal capitalised here when all other usages in the code use lower-case arousal? Will that not break functionality?

2) An extension of point 1. Most of the SLA/SLAR references in the code seem to opt for directly modifying or accessing the SLA FactionRank rather than using SLA/SLAR's built-in functionality. I think this can cause major issues in the future, if the SLA devs decide to drastically overhaul how the mod works. I think it would be best to change it into using SLA's provided functionality, it would be more compatible with changes plus might allow this mod to follow SLA's mechanics better, especially since many other mods use SLA's ExposureRate, TimeRate, etc. to alter how NPCs react to sexual exposure (some are more sensitive, some are not, etc.)

3) Seems to be a logic error:

If chance <= MCM.Comment2
		If ArsChange > 0
			If ArsChange < 10
				Debug.Notification(Name + " is visibly turned on by that!")
			else
				Debug.Notification(Name + " seems to enjoy that.")
			endif
		else
			; snip
	endif

Shouldn't that second ArsChange check be ArsChange > 10 ? Doesn't seem to make sense.

Apart from that, no major squabbles. I think that since SexLab already has gender functionality, we should just scrap this mod's gender functionality and just use SexLab's instead (unless there are plans to make this mod independent from SexLab). Kinda weird to have some mods report an NPC as hetero while this mod reports them as homo, for example.

On 3/24/2018 at 11:17 PM, Halleaon said:

Updated version with some spelling errors corrected and more mild flirt dialogue on pc's end as it was a little too aggressive.

RelationshipDialougeSystem.zip

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the work. It's written very well, and still manages to convey the mechanical meaning of the text while giving it flavour (not to mention correct grammar and spelling, lol).

For the most part. There's still some things that are a bit confusing, particularly in the drop-down messages. It can be hard to understand what's going on when you get something like "X doesn't like your behaviour, X enjoyed that, X liked that, You seem to be X's type." I understand it's better to leave things a bit obfuscated (feels more immersive that way), but half the time I have very little idea what exactly is going on. Also, I think the first one should just be taken out entirely--the only time an NPC will "like your behaviour" is if you chose the exact matching preference (and NPCs have a chance to spawn with no preference at all), so it would better saved for if you chose an option the NPC truly dislikes.

On 4/1/2018 at 3:01 PM, panchobobsullivan said:

When I last used this mod. The male always assumed the submissive role and the one that gets penetrated even with the settings configured correctly.

I'll give it another go to see if it was something i missed or mess up sometime soon.

Reporting the same problem. Works fine for female PCs, but male PCs seem to start in the default "female" position. Shouldn't be that hard of a fix, I can poke around and see what's up.

7 hours ago, asianboy345 said:

Quick question, does this mod affect the vanilla relationship ranks between the Players and NPCs similar to SLEN and SL Submit does? Or does it have its own separate relationship ranking system that is independent of the vanilla one?

quick answer, yes it uses the vanilla relationship ranks, I have to admit, it changes them drastically, after only on talk you can be best buddies with someone^^ that needs some tweaking^^

19 hours ago, panchobobsullivan said:

Reporting the same problem. Works fine for female PCs, but male PCs seem to start in the default "female" position. Shouldn't be that hard of a fix, I can poke around and see what's up.//

Thanks. Glad I wasn't the only one experiencing this.

IIRC, I simply put the player always in the SL slot 1 and the npc in slot 2. But I think SL uses the first slot for the female role in most animations... so that is were this might come from.

Spoiler
On 4.4.2018 at 3:29 AM, OTC said:

Great mod, great concept. Seems to be working relatively bug-free. Have to report a couple peculiarites, though:

1) NPCs don't gain arousal at all during a conversation. Are they supposed to, or is that an internal thing? I see in the source code that the NPC's arousal is supposedly altered using a ModRank(ArsFaction, Arousal) call, I'm not sure what the intent is with that (increase exposure, modify arousal directly), but either way, it just doesn't seem to do anything at all. Can anyone else verify this, or is it just my machine? Also, why is Arousal capitalised here when all other usages in the code use lower-case arousal? Will that not break functionality?

2) An extension of point 1. Most of the SLA/SLAR references in the code seem to opt for directly modifying or accessing the SLA FactionRank rather than using SLA/SLAR's built-in functionality. I think this can cause major issues in the future, if the SLA devs decide to drastically overhaul how the mod works. I think it would be best to change it into using SLA's provided functionality, it would be more compatible with changes plus might allow this mod to follow SLA's mechanics better, especially since many other mods use SLA's ExposureRate, TimeRate, etc. to alter how NPCs react to sexual exposure (some are more sensitive, some are not, etc.)

If ArsChange > 0
			If ArsChange < 10
			else
			endif
		else
			; snip
	endif

Shouldn't that second ArsChange check be ArsChange > 10 ? Doesn't seem to make sense.

Apart from that, no major squabbles. I think that since SexLab already has gender functionality, we should just scrap this mod's gender functionality and just use SexLab's instead (unless there are plans to make this mod independent from SexLab). Kinda weird to have some mods report an NPC as hetero while this mod reports them as homo, for example.

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the work. It's written very well, and still manages to convey the mechanical meaning of the text while giving it flavour (not to mention correct grammar and spelling, lol).

For the most part. There's still some things that are a bit confusing, particularly in the drop-down messages. It can be hard to understand what's going on when you get something like "X doesn't like your behaviour, X enjoyed that, X liked that, You seem to be X's type." I understand it's better to leave things a bit obfuscated (feels more immersive that way), but half the time I have very little idea what exactly is going on. Also, I think the first one should just be taken out entirely--the only time an NPC will "like your behaviour" is if you chose the exact matching preference (and NPCs have a chance to spawn with no preference at all), so it would better saved for if you chose an option the NPC truly dislikes.

Reporting the same problem. Works fine for female PCs, but male PCs seem to start in the default "female" position. Shouldn't be that hard of a fix, I can poke around and see what's up.

1 & 2: Yes your are right, the intention was to increase the npcs arousal, but when I wrote the mod I couldn't find any documentation about SLA which with an explaination how to do it, so I just tried to tinker with the faction. But eventually I noticed that I actually need to chance the exposure...
The cpitalisation doesn't mean anything, Papayrus isn't case sensitive, so no need to be careful about those^^

3: Yes, you seem to be right. These messages never really functioned properly, I recommend to turn them off^^ My intention was to create informations like in Fallout, where you get a hint if your opposite likes what you just said. But I also wanted to squeze the arousal into it, and make it so tham it randonly gives a notification about your dialogue choice, the npcs arousal or the behavior you choose... But the messages are too frequent and could be written better; one can't really distinguish between the three kinds.

On 4/6/2018 at 5:46 AM, Guffel said:

quick answer, yes it uses the vanilla relationship ranks, I have to admit, it changes them drastically, after only on talk you can be best buddies with someone^^ that needs some tweaking^^

Huh.... interesting. I guess I must have an incompatible mod or something because I've been testing the mod as a way to increase relationship ranks with custom followers who only started out as rank 0, so my idea is as my character seduce/befriend them, they will eventually become available as followers, but it doesn't seem to work that well. I guess I'll do a little more testing and play with the dialogue system some more. From your descriptions, it should be a really fast process but the NPC's disposition toward me doesn't seem to change much after 4-5 "conversations."

Regarding the messages, I would suggest that you simply change them to just give the players the current grid information (mood, arousal etc) in cold hard number instead of the current description texts. It might not be as immersive as the texts but at least people won't be confused anymore

Thanks for the answers, @Guffel!

On 4/6/2018 at 2:46 PM, Guffel said:

Agreed, I think if you just limit it to only 1 rank increase per conversation, that would be good (you might do this already). Also, you could make it like SLEN, where even if you have enough arousal to rank up you still need to pass a random check. Alternatively, just increase how many good conversations you need with an NPC to rank up.

I also think there should be a time limit in-between conversations. Something like you can't talk someone for 3 in-game hours after the end of a conversation or if the NPC rejects your conversation. Right now you can just keep spamming NPCs even after they reject you, eventually they'll accept :tongue:

IIRC, I simply put the player always in the SL slot 1 and the npc in slot 2. But I think SL uses the first slot for the female role in most animations... so that is were this might come from.

Yep, that would be the problem. I think the solution is to either:

• Have if-statements in the code to check for gender and populate the slots accordingly--easy, but annoying because you have to copy-paste that code in every script.
  • Use SexLab's ThreadController instead of StartSex() which has a lot more functionality, including automatic gender assignment.
    • The only problem is that they still haven't fixed the goddamn github, so we either have to take a look at the archived SexLab documents or ask/ look at other people's code to figure out how that works. I don't know why they can't just fix the github already...

If it's just quick-and-easy I'd go with the first one, but if you want to incorporate something like threesomes it'd be a lot better to do the second way.

1 & 2: Yes your are right, the intention was to increase the npcs arousal, but when I wrote the mod I couldn't find any documentation about SLA which with an explaination how to do it, so I just tried to tinker with the faction. But eventually I noticed that I actually need to chance the exposure...
The cpitalisation doesn't mean anything, Papayrus isn't case sensitive, so no need to be careful about those^^

I should say, I'm using vlkSexLife which is a replacer for SLA, which might be the reason ModFactionRank() isn't doing anything on my machine. I've taken a deep look though and as far as I can see, there shouldn't be any incompatibility problems (the dev for vlkSexLife worked really hard to make it compatible with everything). I'd appreciate it if you can try the mod on your end and see if it's increasing arousal properly for you.

I agree, it's really annoying how there's pretty much no documentation for SLA/SLAR. However, I got the following code off this post, which I put into your scripts and seems to work for now:

;ActiveNPC.GetActorRef().ModFactionRank(Ars_Faction, Arousal) <-- Your original code

; ModEvent used to increase exposure, does not require dependency on SLA/SLAR to work
int eid = ModEvent.Create("slaUpdateExposureEx") ; This is the event ID
ModEvent.PushForm(eid, ActiveNPC.GetActorRef()) ; Passing the event ID and the ActorRef to work the event on
ModEvent.PushFloat(eid, ArsChange) ; Passing the event ID and the amount to increase/decrease exposure
ModEvent.Send(eid)

I replaced every ModFactionRank() in the code with the bottom three lines of code. I don't really like it, I'd rather use the functions that they have in SLA/SLAR already, but since nobody wants to explain how, this is the way to do it without requiring a dependency on SLA/SLAR.

3: Yes, you seem to be right. These messages never really functioned properly, I recommend to turn them off^^ My intention was to create informations like in Fallout, where you get a hint if your opposite likes what you just said. But I also wanted to squeze the arousal into it, and make it so tham it randonly gives a notification about your dialogue choice, the npcs arousal or the behavior you choose... But the messages are too frequent and could be written better; one can't really distinguish between the three kinds.

I was actually referring to @Halleaon with this question, because I'm using her rewrite, but it's no big deal :classic_biggrin: It's not really that much of a problem, and I agree that it's probably better to just turn it off. I think with a little tweaking it could work fine, though.

All in all, I really like your mod and hope that one day we can add more to it. It's working great as it is, but there's also lots of things we could improve. After looking at the code, I see that it can be really easy to game (just find the one response the NPC really likes and spam it), but that's my fault for looking in the code when I didn't have to, lol. Maybe when I get the chance, I'll start adding my own gameplay mechanics (and of course I'll share them with the community if they work out nicely).

• 1 month later...

I see you are answering questions and so on as for today, i downloaded the mod and saw that the bug of animals approaching is still a thing xD. Is the mod going to be updated eventually? because i read that this bug was still happening 2 years ago and you acknowledged it when it was first posted, but it's been 2 years and it's stills the same so, any word or info on this?

On 5/14/2018 at 5:13 PM, highmarshall1994 said:

I see you are answering questions and so on as for today, i downloaded the mod and saw that the bug of animals approaching is still a thing xD. Is the mod going to be updated eventually? because i read that this bug was still happening 2 years ago and you acknowledged it when it was first posted, but it's been 2 years and it's stills the same so, any word or info on this?

What animals were approaching? What version are you using? The version posted as RDSv1 does still have the animal issue, however, Horses should no longer talk to you, dogs may still occasionally do so (rarely) on the version I posted a page or two back, it also has updated dialogue and I posted how i fixed the horses if someone wants to fix other animals as well:  (install this over RDSv1 as it is just the esp)

RelationshipDialogSystem.zip

12 hours ago, Halleaon said:

What animals were approaching? What version are you using? The version posted as RDSv1 does still have the animal issue, however, Horses should no longer talk to you, dogs may still occasionally do so (rarely) on the version I posted a page or two back, it also has updated dialogue and I posted how i fixed the horses if someone wants to fix other animals as well:  (install this over RDSv1 as it is just the esp)

RelationshipDialogSystem.zip

Thanks a lot, i was using the version posted in the download section, indeed the animals that were talking to me were the horses mainly. I will give your update a try and let you know how it works, again thanks :smile:

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, SKYRIMSEXISCOOL said:

Has anyone tried converting this mod for SE? I will try in a bit to see how it works if anyone is interested

I never had a look at the SE. I don't what's diffrent... Feel free to try it^^

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, this mod seems to have a problem with another mod I have, SL Horrible Harassment. The thing is, both RDO and SL HH do things with dialogue, and from what I've gathered, RDO keeps SL HH from working. >< Any of you guys have any ideas, or maybe a patch between this mod and the other could be made? I'd really like to be able to use both...

7 hours ago, Taven said:

Unfortunately, this mod seems to have a problem with another mod I have, SL Horrible Harassment. The thing is, both RDO and SL HH do things with dialogue, and from what I've gathered, RDO keeps SL HH from working. >< Any of you guys have any ideas, or maybe a patch between this mod and the other could be made? I'd really like to be able to use both...

Mhh, interressting... Have you tried to turn RDO off in mcm, to see if HH trigger again?

5 hours ago, Guffel said:

Mhh, interressting... Have you tried to turn RDO off in mcm, to see if HH trigger again?

Ack..my bad. I made this post at night, and I Kinda didn't realize -THIS- mod wasn't Relationship Dialogue OVERHAUL from the Nexus. I thought this mod was the same thing. xD

• 3 months later...
On 4/3/2018 at 8:29 PM, OTC said:

If ArsChange > 0
			If ArsChange < 10
			else
			endif
		else
			; snip
	endif

Good feedback, hope this mod is still on the works, we really need a mod like this for Skyrim.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems I found some time to update this mod a bit :)

Everything still looks the same, but RDS should feel a bit diffrent now.

I fixed all prominent bugs that were mentioned in the thread: horses/ creatures approaching, changing npc arousal, gender checks for SL animations, NPCs slowly walking to the player.
I think that were them all^^

Also I did tweak the internal values a bit and cleaned the MCM.

The arousal changes and the tweaking should result in more variations in the dialogue and a stronger feeling of controlling the conversation and pushing it into the wanted direction.

I haven't made long-term test so if there are still some issues, just write them in the thread^^

Funny scenario I just came across when using both this and Untamed. The animals in your pack can be converse with in RDS style and I guess if you're roleplaying as someone who understands animals you can really gets to know them. In my pack I came across a shy and reserved giant berserker, a boring and prude riekling and a perverted troll who won't stop flirting.

Now I am currently playing the game with that setup and it works ok for me but some people probably don't want to know about their tamed sabercat's past lovestory or his childhood upbringing so maybe add some sort of checks to the dialogue system to exclude any creature? Kinda similar to how SLEN does it with its dialogue, Thanks. 

Good update btw, it's a lot more understandable and cleaner now.

8 hours ago, asianboy345 said:

[...] maybe add some sort of checks to the dialogue system to exclude any creature? 

That turns out to be a difficult task to get the creatures out of the system... I already narrowed it down a lot with conditions, but that a different mod breaks RDS' filter can always happen.

6 hours ago, CT99 said:

I'm interested but haven't used this mod yet. Does this mod conflict with RDO or can they be used at the same time?

They are fully compatable. The similar name is unlucky, but technically these mod are completely different :)